Jamie - The Journey Begins Ch. 10 - A Day on the Water

"The only problem is - the river isn't the cleanest looking due a huge clay field it passes over, so it always looks muddy, but it's good for skiing."

"There also a huge city-wide fair," Tom added.

"Lucas is just being a smart ass, Josh. I've never been good enough to be in the Moomba Masters."

I looked at Lucas and shook my head and mouthing 'you're a dick'.

"I've got to say, I Iooked pretty good, too - not bad posture and spray coming off. See the spray behind me - it looked like the wings of a butterfly."

"Doesn't that hurt your feet?" one of the guys' wives asked - Emily.

"You'd be surprised but no, it doesn't. You're almost just on your heels and the water breaks pretty easily."

Lucas had wandered back to his seat looking pleased with himself after giving Tommy the video. I was totally suck-in with the video he'd taken first up today. I hadn't had the chance to get some footage of myself skiing in recent times. It was a nice thought of Lucas to do that for me - god, love that guy.

I smiled at Lucas. "Come here, you," I walked over to him and pulled him into a side hug. "Thanks, buddy."

"Jamie, I've got an idea. Each day we'll do a video diary of the day, something we were doing or just talk about what we did, to keep as memories of the trip."

"That's awesome, Lucas, awesome."

The afternoon was getting on and the sun was starting to set. Someone had suggested we get pizzas and head back to Tom's house, help clean up the boat and maybe have an impromptu block party.

That was a "yes" from all.

So, we quickly packed all our gear away into the various trucks and cars while Tom, Lucas, and Ryan pulled the boat out. Then they were heading straight back to Tom's place to wash the boat off before it got dark.

I was walking over to where we had been sitting on the beach, and had a look to make sure we'd picked up all the trash and towels, etc., that had been left behind.

After a few passes, we were all done.

Josh was helping a few people load the last of their stuff into their trucks, so I walked over towards him and stopped. Was I supposed to ask Josh if he wanted to come back? Was that being too forward or rude if I didn't ask?

"Fuck it." I changed direction and headed towards Josh.

He looked up at me with his now very normal smile. I think he was trying to work out if he should ask to come back to Tom's or wait. Whatever was going through his mind disappeared as I stopped in front of him.

"Hi." His face broke out into a smile - man, that is one seriously sexy smile.

"So, hey hot salesman! Want to come to a party with me?"

"I'll promise to behave, maybe." Ok, I'd had a few beers and coupled with sleep deprivation I was a little loose talking.

"Thought you'd never ask," he replied, laughing a little. "I was wondering how to ask if I could come along or if I should when you were walking over." We both laughed.

Smiling, I said, "Hmmm... well, let's go before everyone leaves and I forget where Tom's places is."

"I'm sure we could find something else to do if that happened, Jamie."

And that smile again, damn it.

We jumped into his truck and chatted for a bit about nothing really, still sitting in the parking lot.

I must have been feeling a little cold, as a shiver escaped me.

Josh turned up the heat for me. "Hmm nice" was all I could manage.

"So, Josh, where are you from? You're clearly not from California."

"No, I've been here for about eight months now, but originally from the Midwest - Illinois - a little farming community about an hour or so from Chicago."

By the time I'd stopped shivering and Josh had given me one of his sports jackets from work to put on, we finally started to head off.

"Shit, everyone else has gone," I realized looking into the now empty lot.

"Hey," I handed him my cell. "This isn't going to work," failing instantly as I started to direct him back to Tom's house, but I was more fatigued than I thought.

"The address is in here. I'd feel safer if you use the satnav. I'll get us lost for sure." Our hands touched again. I felt something - they were warm, firm but soft.

Nice looking hands too, but there was something in his touch. I looked across at Josh. He'd clearly felt it, too, and smiled.

We pulled out of the carpark in silence. Josh spoke first. "Hey, Jamie." He pulled his truck up on the side of the road, turning side on to me.

I could see in the half-light of the dash lights he was biting his lower lip for a moment, cute as.

"Would you like to go out for a drink tomorrow night? There's a really cool sports bar about 15 minutes from here."

I had a million-thoughts rushing through my head, and Lucas' warning to have some fun or go back home.

"Sure, I'd love to, Josh. That would be great."

Josh pulled the truck out on the road and we headed towards Tom's place, I think.

"It's a date then."

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 334 milliseconds