Joel and Carrie Ch. 06

"Oh," Tony laughed. "She was the one pushing me to go to the prom, but I don't think she was all that happy when I told her I was going with you."

"She loves me!" Maria cried in disagreement.

"That was before we broke up," he replied.

"I guess that makes sense," the Spanish girl sighed.

"What I want to know," Tony began, looking at Maria. "Is if you do have a new boyfriend, why aren't you going to the prom with him?"

Everyone but Robbie, Tina and Tony looked at each other. Thankfully, Tara's mother wasn't in the room. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or not.

"Well," Maria said, swallowing visibly. For a moment I actually thought she was going to tell him, but then the phone rang and she fell silent.

"Hello?" Tara said, picking it up quickly. She frowned when she heard who was on the other side of the line. "What's wrong Jill?" The rest of her watched as she continued to frown.

"Is she okay?" Carrie asked, but Tara raised her hand for silence.

"Well, that's just silly!" the dark haired girl finally cried over the line. "Of course you'll come anyway! I don't care what happened with your date." She sat listening for a few more second before adding, "Nonsense! You'd better be ready in ten minutes! We're on our way." Tara hung up before Jill could reply.

"Her date couldn't make it," she said. "Lets get into the limo and stop by on our way."

"She'll be humiliated if she shows up without a date," Carrie said angrily. "What kind of a guy does this to a girl!"

"Kyle Green," Tina answered, and then added when everyone looked at her, "My cousin goes to the same college as him. I heard they were dating."

"No wonder why she wouldn't tell us who!" Tara cried. "He's a complete ass!"

"I can't believe she'd date him again after the first time!" Carrie added.

"Tonight is not the time to ride her about it," Tara sighed. "Let just do our best to make this night fun for her despite everything."

I was only half listening. I had a ridiculous idea, but I couldn't get it out of my mind. I kept looking back and forth between Maria and Tony. He seemed oblivious, but she saw me.

"What?" she asked.

"If he's willing, Tony could go to the prom as Jill's date," I suggested.

"But that would leave Maria without a partner," Robbie frowned.

"Not necessarily," Carrie smiled, following my lead.

"That's right!" Tina added, not completely understanding what she was asking, but at least on the same page with what I was trying to do. "Does you boyfriend live around here?"

"Yes, but..." Maria began. She didn't get very far before Tony cut her off.

"You know," his deep voice said as he looked at Maria. "If your boyfriend is available, I wouldn't mind. You'd probably be happier."

"And I'll bet that you and Jill would have a good time," Carrie put in, and then winking at Tony added, "She likes guys with a lot of muscles." He blushed again, but also grinned.

"Well?" I asked Maria. "Are you willing to do it?"

"You mean come out of the closet?" she said with a smile and a shake of her head. "You really haven't given me much of a choice."

"You mean..." Tony began, but he couldn't finish at the truth hit him. Robbie and Tina were equally surprised, but took it better.

"I'll call Deana and see if she's willing to be my escort," Maria said as she went into the other room. She sounded more relieved than anything else.

We were on the road a few minutes later. Poor Mrs. Dalton was not happy that we skipped the group pictures. I was sure Carrie's mother would be even angrier, but we had a couple of stops to make before going to the prom and it was getting seriously late.

We picked up Jill first. She was dressed in an off white outfit that was more of a short dress than a gown. It showed off her legs very nicely. We explained the situation to her and although she was embarrassed and reluctant at first, she slowly gave in.

"There's only one catch," I grinned, deciding to have a little fun.

"What's that?" Jill asked nervously.

"Well, Tony agreed to switch dates just as long as he was promised a good night kiss," I replied.

"I hope you two have fun," the black girl replied, causing everyone in the car to laugh. I wasn't so easily daunted.

"Tony, have you ever kissed a black woman before?" I asked. He blushed badly and shook his head. Jill saw his expression and took his hand in hers. She was obviously warming to Tony.

"Well, if you play your cards right," she smiled at him. "You might find out what it feels like tonight."

"You don't have to..." Tony began, obviously uncomfortable with the conversation.

"Oh, what the hell!" Jill laughed and then leaned over and gave Tony a quick kiss.

"You call that a kiss?" Robbie asked while the rest of us hooted and hollered as we laughed.

"No," Tony said before Jill could respond. "This is a kiss!" He then proceeded to kiss Jill soundly. It wasn't a passion filled kiss, but it was quite a bit more than the peck she gave him.

"Alright Tony!" Brian laughed.

"He always was a good kisser," Maria smiled.

"You're telling me?" Jill said, brushing her fingers against her lips.

We laughed and teased each other the rest of the way to Deana's. The short, well-developed girl was actually waiting for us on her porch despite the short time we gave her to get ready. Her dress was brown and swoop necked. It showed her cleavage very nicely.

"You look very nice," Maria said as she got out of the Expedition to let her in.

"I think she looks nicer in her uniform!" Brian joked. Those of us who were there at the hotel that time fought hard not to laugh and I elbowed him.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Deana asked Maria, ignoring Brian's comment.

"Yes," the Spanish girl replied. "It's past time. But, what about you?" Deana kissed her in reply.

"Let's go you two," Carrie said. "We've got to go!"

"Worried that you won't be there when they announce you as the prom queen?" Maria surprised me by asking. She wasn't usually one to tease.

"That's not a certainty," Carrie replied as the two ladies got into the car.

"Sure it is," I smiled. "I'm just wondering how you'll react when you have to dance with Jimmy?"

"He won't be picked the prom king," Tara said. "He's pissed off too many people without Carrie there to help make him seem human."

"Then who?" I asked.

"Well, your name in on the ballot," Jill teased.

"That only because I'm dating Carrie," I laughed. "And being her boyfriend can only carry me so far!"

"Actually," Maria put in. "You're a lot more popular than you think. Carrie may have put you with the 'in-crowd', but you're making a lot of friends on your own."

"Thanks," I smiled.

"So then," Robbie said with a grin. "If Jimmy's out, then it will be Todd."

"Definitely Todd," Brian agreed. Todd was a basketball player. He was nice enough, but I didn't really know him well.

"He's who I voted for," Tony deep voice rumbled.

"Yep," I agreed easily. "It will be Todd. I voted for him too."

"Men!" Jill laughed.

"You didn't vote for yourself?" Carrie asked me in disbelief.

"No," I replied. "But it was actually a pretty hard choice. I couldn't make up my mind whether I wanted to see you on the stage with six foot five Todd or Jimmy."

"You ass!" Carrie cried, but she was laughing as well.

"I think she'll look nice up there with Todd," Maria put in.

"She'll look good with whoever they put up there with her," I laughed, giving Carrie a quick kiss. "But you can't blame me for having some fun?"

The trip to the prom didn't take long once everyone was in the car. The driver seemed to know what he was doing. He promised to be outside when the prom ended.

We were late, but we made it in plenty of time to dance and eat. Carrie also was there for when they announced her as the prom queen. There was no surprise there, but the look on Jimmy's face when they announced Todd as the prom king was priceless.

Someone slipped some alcohol in the punch despite the principal's best efforts to avoid it, but very few people drank it. Whatever it was tasted terrible! It was a big joke throughout the night.

The only bad moment was when people started realizing that Deana and Maria were a couple. Most people seemed shocked but either accepted it or ignored them altogether. A couple of others weren't so kind, but Maria and Deana seemed to cope well enough.

The worst of it was when I was coming out of the bathroom and found Maria surrounded by a couple of the crueler popular girls. Samantha Garret and Bette Jacobs were swarming poor Maria like harpies. I started to make my way over when I was surprised to see Jennifer Madden step in.

"Maria, ignored them," she said angrily. "They have no right to treat you this way! I don't care how rich or pretty they are!"

"So, is this why you can't find a man for yourself?" Bette asked snidely. "Are you a dyke too?"

"I wish!" Jennifer laughed, surprising me and based on their expressions, Samantha and Bette as well. "It would probably make my life a lot simpler, but I like men."

"It's too bad," Samantha added. "Because they don't like you much!"

"Well, even if I was a lesbian," Jennifer retorted. "You'd have nothing to worry about! Besides, you're just angry because Jimmy asked me to the prom instead of you."

"He just asked you because you're easy!" Samantha cried.

"Apparently not as much as you," Jennifer replied. "Despite the rumors, I've never slept with Jimmy, but according to him he's slept with both you and Bette!"

This was quickly devolving into a very nasty situation. The only good thing was that for the moment the harpies had forgotten about Maria. I knew that couldn't last. A moment later I was proven right. Jennifer was obviously getting the better of them so Samantha and Bette turned back to Maria.

"At least we've never slept with another girl!" Samantha said. I was tempted to laugh, but her tone was too much to make her statement even funny.

"Your loss," Maria shrugged.

'Alright Maria!' I thought proudly.

"And poor Tony!" Bette cried. "You used him!" This silenced Maria, but she was saved my Tony's deep voice coming from behind me.

"Leave me out of this," he said. "I'm happy for both Maria and Deana."

I turned and saw him, Carrie and what felt like half the student body coming up behind me. Someone must have seen what was happening and let everyone know. The area was getting pretty crowded.

"Ladies," Carrie said, stepping forward as Deana joined Maria. "It's our prom night. Lets go back to dancing. Maria and Deana's relationship is none of our business."

"You would say that!" Bette snapped. "They're your friends!"

"Yes they are," Carrie said calmly. "And you know how I am about my friends. Do you really want to push this? Like I said before, let's forget this ever happened and go back to your dancing."

"Who made you Queen?" Samantha asked angrily.

"Weren't you watching a little while ago?" I finally put in, unable to resist. "The senior class did. They voted on it and everything." There were grins and some laughter from most of those watching.

"Who asked you!" Bette cried. "You were a nobody before Carrie started dating you and you're still a nobody!"

"Okay, this is getting ridiculous," I sighed as I stopped Carrie from replying. "Let's go."

"Where do you think you're going?" Samantha asked, obviously still wanting to fight.

"Back to the dance floor with the prom queen," I said as I led Carrie away. "I'm going to work on getting her very drunk. I might even get lucky tonight if I time it just right." Again, a bunch of people laughed.

"You wish!" some guy I couldn't see cried.

"As is my right as a guy at his prom!" I called back. "Name one guy in this room who isn't desperately hoping to get lucky tonight."

"Good point!" the same voice laughed. Others joined him.

The area started to clear out, which was a good thing since a couple of the chaperones were nearly upon us. I glanced at Maria and saw that she and Deana seemed to be doing fine. I also noticed Jennifer begin to drift away. Instead of going back to the dance floor like I planned, I detoured toward her, dragging Carrie with me.

"Jennifer," I said when we caught up to her. "I wanted to thank you for sticking up for Maria."

"Me too," Carrie said grudgingly. She didn't like Jennifer, but she wasn't the type not to show gratitude to someone who helped a friend.

Poor Jennifer looked shocked to have Carrie actually talk to her. She'd obviously been avoiding my girlfriend since the breakup with Jimmy happened.

"I never liked Samantha or Bette very much anyway," the girl replied. "Besides, what they were doing and saying was wrong. Maria's a good person and that all that should matter."

"I thought you were like them," she added to Carrie. "I'm sorry for that too." Carrie stared at the girl. Jennifer looked right back. She was blushing, but for once she didn't back down.

"That didn't give you the right to cheat on me with Jimmy," my girlfriend finally replied.

"I know," Jennifer sighed. "For what it was worth, I was pretty drunk and Jimmy kept telling me how you were such a bitch and that he was going to break up with you. I know it sounds stupid now, but back then I fell for it."

"He's very good at sweat talking," Carrie said, not unkindly. "Why else would I have dated him so many times after I caught him cheating?"

"I don't expect you to forgive me, but thanks for understanding," Jennifer said.

"Jimmy was the past," Carrie sighed. "I could probably forgive you for him, but you've been hitting on Joel pretty obviously ever since we started dating."

"Not in a couple of months," I put in. "It really only happened during third quarter. Mostly in that study hall I had after lunch."

"I stopped when I realized that everything Jimmy said about you was a lie," Jennifer said, but then sighed and added, "Okay, that's not entirely true."

"Look, at first I talked to Joel because I was too embarrassed to talk to you directly," Jennifer said. "I wanted to apologize to you and I thought I could get him to help me. At that point I still believed that you were a bitch, but I was feeling really guilty."

"Guilty enough to hit on my boyfriend?" Carrie asked, arching one eyebrow. At least Jennifer had the decency to blush.

"That came when I realized just how nice of a guy Joel is," she sighed. "And I rationalized that since you were such a bitch, you didn't deserve him."

"So you went from trying to get him to help you apologize to me, to trying to steal him away from me?" Carrie asked in disbelief.

"That's not how I viewed it at the time," Jennifer sighed. "But yes. Look, I know this doesn't excuse it, but I was going through some tough times. My parents told me they were getting a divorce just before Christmas and I didn't take it well. I know that doesn't excuse what I did, but I hope it helps you understand it, at least a little."

"What made you finally give up?" Carrie asked.

"Two things really," Jennifer smiled. "First, it was pretty obvious that Joel loves you and he wasn't going to let anything I did or said interfere with that."

"I'm not stupid!" I smiled at Carrie. "I know when I've got a good thing."

"You'd better!" she laughed, but then grew serious and turned back to Jennifer. "What was the other reason?"

"Believe it or not, I didn't like the person I was becoming," the other girl shrugged. "I decided not to let what happened to my parents sour me on life or men. It wasn't easy, but I think I'm doing okay."

"It certainly seems so," I put in. "I don't think the girl you were a couple of months ago would have stuck up for Maria."

"Thanks," Jennifer said. "I appreciate that. I only wish that I didn't agree to come to the prom with Jimmy in a moment of weakness."

"Not a fun date?" I asked.

"Are you kidding?" Jennifer snorted. "He's been moping ever since Todd was announced as Prom King."

"I know," Carrie grinned, causing Jennifer to laugh.

"I think it's worse than that," I said. "I'm pretty sure I saw him hovering over the punch bowl."

"I hope not," Jennifer said. "Someone put some pretty strong alcohol in it!"

"Hope away," Carrie said knowingly. "But I wouldn't be surprise if Jimmy isn't well on his way to getting sick."

"Oh great," the other girl sighed. "I'd better go find him and try and sober him up." Jennifer disappeared and I looked at Carrie. She looked back and shrugged.

"That was completely unexpected," I said carefully, not sure how Carrie would react.

"Yes it was," she said after a brief hesitation.

"Want to dance?" I asked, changing the subject. Carrie relaxed visibly as she nodded.

The rest of the prom went fine. Our small group had a lot of fun dancing and teasing each other. I was actually sorry to see it end despite what I knew was going to happen once we got to the beach house.

"Why don't you go make sure our ride is ready?" Carrie asked. "I'll gather everyone."

"Okay," I smiled, kissing her briefly.

A few minutes later they started trickling over to the Expedition. Brian and Tara were first, followed by Tony, Jill, Maria and Deana. Tina came running out a minute later. She didn't look happy.

"What's wrong?" I asked. I was standing by the door.

"Jimmy was being a jerk to Jennifer and Carrie stepped in. Robbie's there making sure nothing stupid happens, but it's pretty bad!" Tina said.

"Shit!" I snapped and jogged back inside. I needn't have bothered. Robbie and Carrie came out before I got too far with Jennifer in between them.

"Let's go!" Robbie said meaningfully.

"What happened?" I asked.

"We'll explain in the car," Carrie said, giving me a look. I nodded and led the way. We were in the Expedition and out of the parking lot in moments.

"So now," I sighed. "What happened?"

"Jimmy refused to stop drinking," Jennifer began. "He was pretty drunk and refused to hand over the keys to his car when it was time to go. I wasn't letting him drive me home in that shape!"

"But Jimmy, being Jimmy," Carrie took over. "He insisted. That's when I got involved."

"That's all nice and well, but what caused that dash for the exit?" I asked.

"Two things," Jennifer grinned. "First, Jimmy tried to grab Carrie, and Robbie decked him."

"My hero," Tina teased. "Beating up a drunk!" Robbie blushed. I looked over at him and nodded my thanks. He understood and nodded back.

"Men!" Carrie sighed loudly, seeing our exchange.

"And second," Jennifer continued. "I took Jimmy's keys!" She was holding up a set of keys.

"You didn't!" Tara laughed.

"Well, I couldn't very well let him drive like that, could I?" Jennifer shrugged. "He'd be a danger to himself and everyone else on the road!" The Expedition was filled with laughter.

"He is at that," Carrie said.

"Thanks for helping me with him," Jennifer sighed. "I promise, that will be the last time. And thanks for giving me a ride. Do you think you can drop me at my house?"

"We could," Carrie said, but then looked at Jennifer made a decision. "Or you could come with us. We're staying at my parents beach house tonight."

"That's kind of you to ask," Jennifer said with a surprised smile. "But I'd be the odd woman out."

"There's no such thing with this group!" I laughed.

"Yeah!" Robbie grinned, not quiet understanding. "The more the merrier!"

"Pervert!" Tina snapped, but she was laughing. I was pretty sure she knew what was planned. Most of the others who hadn't guessed already were starting to be clued in, with the possible exception of Tony and Jennifer. Even Robbie started to think about the possibilities based on his expression.

"Are you sure you guys don't mind?" Jennifer asked. "I don't want to go home this early on prom night, but that doesn't mean I want to mess up your plans."

"We're sure," Carrie smiled.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 17 milliseconds