Lady in Red Pt. 02 Ch. 24

Early the next morning saw everyone assembled in the LiR Center so that Charlie could go over their parts in the wedding production. "We have limited time, so I'm asking that everyone work hard to get their parts right as soon as possible. Gwen and Steve will be carrying most of the load, but we need to help them every place that we can. As usual, we're trying to do something in a few days that should be rehearsed for months."

As Charlie began handing out the scripts to everyone, Steve suddenly found a slim female flying at him. He managed to catch her as she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him numerous times.

"You look familiar. Do I know you?" teased Steve as he hugged the young woman back.

"Better than anyone else!" laughed Roxie as she slowly released her grip on Steve's neck. "We spent a week naked together in a tropical resort, if you recall. My boobs are bigger now. I'll show you later!"

"That won't be happening," assured Steve, returning Roxie's smile. "Nothing would be unhealthier for me than being with a beautiful young, topless woman, especially just before my wedding."

As Steve spoke, he gathered Roxie's sister, Sam, into his arms. "Wow! Look how beautiful you are now! You're growing into a beautiful young woman."

Sam smiled and hugged Steve back as he mother and father stood nearby. "She's been doing very well since her adventure in the jungle. We were afraid that it would set her back, but she's become more confident and outgoing.

"You already know that Roxie has no shyness problems," laughed Mrs. Thompson. "She's really matured in the last year, and I don't mean her bust size. She's doing well in school and making some very nice friends. Odd as it sounds, their time fighting for survival in the jungle with you seems to have been very beneficial for them both."

"We're going to have a part in your big musical for the wedding!" exclaimed Roxie. "I just hope we get to show everyone how we were half naked all of the time and how great it was."

"I hate to dash your hopes, but that won't be happening," interrupted Jordan as she and Gwen joined the group. "Gwen and I won't even be naked in this show. We're not going to perform our 'Sharp Dressed Man' routine from last year's Oscars. It's going to be a family friendly production. That means that you'll be keeping your shirt on, at least for the show."

"Steve is getting older, and you've matured so beautifully that I don't think he could survive seeing you topless again," added Gwen. "You and your sister have grown into beautiful women."

"Does that mean I can't show Steve how much bigger my boobs are?" asked Roxie with a straight face.

"That's exactly what it means," laughed Gwen. "What happened in the jungle, stays in the jungle."

Charlie had everyone read their parts as he walked them through his script for the big production. "I want everyone to learn their parts this morning and be back here at two PM for a rehearsal. This is Wednesday and we're performing live on Saturday to what may be one of the largest TV audiences ever. Please work hard so we can put on a quality program for Gwen and Steve."

Steve stopped Sybil as she was preparing to leave. "I heard that security for the big cheeses want more room for their people in Valhalla, so you're being asked to vacate today. I want you to put your stuff in one of our extra bedrooms. You'll be staying with Gwen and me; along with the Duke and Duchess, if that's okay with you."

"I couldn't do that! You're getting married Saturday and you'll have all sorts of important company. I'll be in the way."

Steve smiled as he gently pulled Sybil into his arms. "We need to practice our dance. You saved my life and probably Gwen's. You took a bullet protecting her and almost died. Please allow me the opportunity to show my gratitude. You're very important to both Gwen and me. Never doubt that and never think that famous people and politicians mean more to us than you do. I've already told our people to help you move into our house later today, so it's a done deal."

"No wonder Gwen fell so hard for you," replied Sybil as she shook her head in wonder. "You treat people so well and always make certain that others are comfortable and happy. I was scared to death when you fought that big bastard, but I knew you'd beat him. No man can get away with mistreating your friends, and God help anyone that harms Gwen in any way. You really are The Warrior."

'Don't let all of that talk get to you," grinned Steve. "I'm just me. I'm your friend, and I'm in your debt. We'll sneak in some practice for our big dance. I want you to think of the music you want and we'll practice to it.

Once everyone left, hopefully to work on their lines, Charlie, Jordan, Gwen, and Steve began rehearsing the songs that they would be singing. They spent several hours getting everything the way Charlie wanted. They had a late lunch and then did another walk through with everyone in the production.

Charlie was very pleased at how well the cast members had remembered their parts so well. "It's easy to remember because we lived it," pointed out Kate. "We aren't acting so much as we're repeating what we said and did earlier in our lives. This is going to be the best wedding ever!"

The rehearsal went on into the evening. Charlie knew the best way to learn was by repetition. He was well pleased with the progress made the first day, but knew he still had a lot of work in front of him to have the performance meet his expectations.

Steve managed to find time to tease Paula and Ted. They were chatting with the Wilsons when Steve approached them and patted Ted on the back.

"Congratulations! You've added to your impressive list of accomplishments. Your daughters and their friends have greatly increased their respect and admiration for their dad after seeing you in action the other night."

"That was so embarrassing!" blurted a red faced Paula. "We got a little carried away once everyone left. The girls walked in at the worst possible time."

"According to the reports I've received, it was the best possible time," countered Steve with a smile.

"Were you two doing what I think you were doing after we left?" asked a laughing Julie Wilson. "At least Jeff was able to wait until we got home. We didn't make it to the bedroom, but we at least made it inside our door."

"Ted and Paula know that they're always welcome in our home and any and all recreational activities are encouraged, at least until our kids get old enough to understand what Gramps and Grandma are doing," laughed Steve. "Then they'll be asked to do it behind closed doors."

"You're just getting even for the time we walked in on you in Russia," responded a red faced Paula.

"Rumor has it that we now know where Gwen got her 'eyes rolling back into her head' thing. It seems to run in the family," teased Steve.

"Ted, my hat's off to you!" blurted a laughing Jeff Wilson. "You're the man!"

Gwen and Steve were back at the LiR Center early the next morning for several more hours of rehearsal. They had to leave before noon to prepare to greet the Royal Couple. They were scheduled to arrive by US Navy helicopter at one PM.

Steve and Gwen showered and changed well before the anticipated arrival. The helicopter was scheduled to land on the school athletic field rather than Asgard. Everyone had agreed that the people of Sparta would want the opportunity to see them as they first arrived in Sparta. Security was everywhere as numerous police, as well as obvious agents in dark suits, kept everyone and everything under surveillance.

Once the blades on the copter stopped moving, a door swung open and William stepped out. He turned and lifted a toddler down before helping his wife, who was carrying an infant in her arms. Gwen, Jordan, Charlie, and Steve stepped up to them with huge smiles. The Prince extended his hand and Steve shook it warmly while Gwen gave the Princess a gentle hug to not disturb the sleeping baby.

Those watching were filled with pride as Steve then gently hugged the Duchess while Gwen gave William a more robust embrace. Charlie and Jordan then did much the same as they greeted the British aristocrats. It was apparent to the many watching the Royal Couple was on very friendly terms with their local heroes.

"We're seeing true royalty here today," proclaimed an older woman to her granddaughter as she tearfully watched the proceedings. "Sparta really is home to kings and queens!"

Later that afternoon, after getting Kate and William and their kids settled in, Gwen, Jordan, and Duchess Kate visited the local hospital. The Duchess was especially interested in the new children's wing that had been recently added. As the group walked from room to room, everyone they met would curtsy or bow. Even the small children that were not in beds began doing it.

At the third room, Gwen stepped back outside to see if she could speak to a doctor about the equipment in the room. Unknown to her, a crowd had gathered outside the room and as Gwen exited, the parents and visitors suddenly curtsied or bowed, depending on their gender. Gwen quickly glanced back into the room and saw a huge smile on Kate's face as she watched the reaction Gwen had caused.

"There was no offense intended," insisted Gwen as she returned to Kate's side. "It's just something some people do. It wasn't intended to disrespect your position in any way. Everyone knows that you're the wife of the future King of England."

"That was quite possibly the single greatest display of respect that I've ever witnessed," replied the Duchess. "You have become their queen. Not by birth, or marriage, but by years of wonderful deeds. The people in this town, in this country, and even around the world love you for your courage and your kindness. I'm honored to be your friend, and I'm certainly not offended.

"It took some time for me to realize that people wanted a royal couple with whom they could relate, as well as be proud," revealed the Duchess. "I was extremely self-conscious when I was suddenly treated differently. I'm just a regular girl that happened to marry a prince. But I slowly realized that it was important to everyone else that I always be something special to them. I've worked hard to always try to live up to the expectations of the people. It's the very least I can do for them, and for England.

"It seems that you've been thrust into a similar situation, only it's by your own making. What you represent to these people is what's good about your town and your country. You give them hope and a great deal of pride. You are one of the few people that have earned the title. To them, as well as many people all over the world, you are a Queen."

Steve and his friends entertained William riding their four wheelers as well as some skeet shooting. Steve was unable to do any shooting and very little four-wheeling because of his cracked ribs, but he encouraged William to enjoy the activities and was always close by.

When they weren't entertaining royalty, Steve and Gwen worked very hard on learning their parts in Charlie's production. Luckily, it was based on their lives so they were quite familiar with most of the script. Charlie had made a very real effort to not embellish an already amazing story.

Jared took a few minutes when Steve was between scenes to show him the official web site of the Redskins football team. "Look at how much space they dedicate to us. We haven't even gone to a single practice and they're already developing their marketing strategy around us. I guess it's mostly you, but I'm getting more space than their veterans. If I know the egos of football players, they'll be pissed and wanting to kick our asses when practice starts. They'll find our asses aren't so easy to kick!"

"I'm still trying to recover from the last ass-kicking I was in. I sure don't want to be involved in another for some time," replied Steve as he enjoyed his friend's enthusiasm. "We aren't going to be typical rookies either. We have a lot more age and experience than the kids that are playing right out of college. We'll be older than a lot of the veterans. I don't think they'll hassle us too much."

As Steve finished speaking, Stephanie stepped in front of him. "Hardy has been placed on leave from the network. He says he may have added a few things to his experience, but he really was in Indonesia. The two guys that watched the Tsunami on TV with him have been on all the news programs talking about it. It looks like Hardy is circling the drain as we speak. His career is pretty much toast."

"It couldn't happen to a more deserving guy," stated Steve with little emotion.

"What gave you the idea that he was lying about his tsunami experience?" asked Stephanie.

"The day that Gwen fished him out of the Potomac, I was struck by how poorly he swam. If a guy could be swept out to sea and last out there a day or two before making it back to shore, he'd have to be a strong swimmer. Hardy demonstrated that he wasn't, so I had some people check a little deeper into his story. I've known about it for a few months, but decided to let it go unless he tried to cause more trouble. True to his roots, he went after Gwen again. That was all it took."

"On a side note, the media has been pointing out just exactly how determined you are to protect Gwen any way necessary," added Stephanie. "They bring up how quick Simpson was forced to resign when he insulted Gwen, and how Chancellor is now feeding the fish at the bottom of the Indian Ocean for striking Gwen. You have a reputation as being very dangerous to anyone that harms Gwen, or even thinks about it."

"I'm comfortable with that, Steph. She's the best person I've ever known and I won't allow her to be subjected to lies, rumors, or threats if I can possibly help it. A little fear is a good thing as far as I'm concerned."

"There you are! I've just been told that I'm going to be the network's weekend anchor, starting next weekend," revealed Amber Stahl as she rushed up to Steve. "Of course they want me here this weekend, especially since I'm appearing in the production. I'll be asking your guests for quick interviews, if you don't mind."

"As long as you don't become pushy or obnoxious, go for it," replied Steve. "You've always been good to us and we appreciate your efforts to report the truth over the years."

"Well, I really appreciate that you pulled me from the bottom of the Potomac!" retorted Amber. "Now that your friend Hardy is suspended, I've been promoted again. I'll still cover the White House, but our weekend anchor is moving to weeknights, so I'll do the weekend broadcasts starting next weekend."

The atmosphere in Sparta was charged with excitement. Every motel and hotel within a hundred miles was booked out. People were renting rooms to guests for a few days. The local paper even ran an article telling home owners how to remain safe when taking in strangers.

A group gained permission to hold a Renaissance Faire for three days in a large, vacant industrial lot just a few blocks from the LiR Center. Signs and billboards appeared almost overnight welcoming visitors to the wedding of the Spartan Nation's 'Queen and Warrior King'. Many businesses expected to remain open from Thursday morning right on through to Sunday evening. The downtown district was so packed with tourists that a five block stretch of Main Street was closed to vehicular traffic. Restaurants, dinners, bars, and clubs had lines of patrons waiting day and night.

Jordan's 'The Boys Are Back in Town' made a huge debut. The song utilized the good looks and macho charisma of Steve and his friends. The video showed them checking supplies and their weapons as they prepared to leave for Africa and again when they returned, some bloodied, but all in high spirits and relieved to be home. The line 'if they want to fight, you'd better let them' was extremely appropriate for the rugged young men in tight tee shirts, and some with bloody injuries.

The arrival of the Duke and Duchess had ramped up the excitement considerably. Friday saw the Royal Couple, along with Jordan, Gwen, Charlie, and Steve visiting shops and businesses along the closed streets. Huge crowds cheered and applauded everywhere they went. Local, state, and federal law enforcement officers and agents were everywhere.

As had become the custom, ladies curtsied and men bowed whenever Gwen was near. Gwen had taken Duchess' Kate's words to heart and accepted that it seemed to make people happy to honor her in that fashion. She had studied Kate's actions and did her best to accept and respond positively to the adulation shown her.

Many of the more famous attendees began arriving in Sparta Friday afternoon and evening. Sparta had the presidents of Russia, France and the United States spending the night, along with former presidents of France and the US. There were senators and congressman shopping and dining with the locals and tourists.

The rehearsal dinner was held in the great room of Valhalla. As large as the room was, it was filled to capacity. Reporters, with the exception of Amber Stahl, were banned from the affair. Amber had received permission to take some video and interview guests briefly before the meal was served and she made the most of it. She managed to question the three current presidents, two former presidents, and several notable politicians. Her last interview was with Justice James Hamilton, who had been appointed Chief Justice a few months prior.

"Sir, rumors are rampant that you will be officiating at the wedding ceremony for Gwen and Steve. Is there any truth to that?" asked Amber.

"I'm pleased to tell you that it's one rumor that's accurate," beamed the jurist. "I'm extremely proud to have been asked by this couple and will do my best to hold up my end of the ceremony. I've never been involved in a wedding like this before."

"You're telling us that you'll be doing something out of the ordinary at the ceremony tomorrow?" followed up Amber.

"Yes and no," replied Hamilton. "I'll not be performing, but I'll have to be prepared for the cues for Gwen and Steve. That's all I'm going to say about that. Everyone will see tomorrow."

Steve and Gwen had made a point to inform all of the guests attending the dinner that there would be no reporters asking political, economic, or personal questions of them. Everyone was to treat it for what it was; a rehearsal party where folks gathered to eat, drink, and have a good time. The Rosens and the Novokovs appeared to be quite relaxed, which led to everyone else losing inhibitions and concerns.

Once again, Beatrice Patterson couldn't resist giving voice to how amazing the event was. "To think one of my main goals in life was to be on the inside of Washington. All I ever had to do was remain on good terms with my grandson, and I barely managed to finally do that. I doubt if there's ever been a wedding with a guest list like this, at least not without the marriage involving royalty or world leaders."

"If you think this couple isn't royalty, you've been missing a great deal," replied her husband as he surveyed the room. He found Gwen and Steve chatting with President Novokov and his wife, with Vlad and Ann close by.

Paula and Ted wandered over to greet the Pattersons, who had arrived shortly before the dinner was scheduled. "I know I sound like a broken record, but look at the names attending this dinner. I've seen a lot of the people in attendance curtsy to your granddaughter. It's amazing. Even Senator Chatham and her daughter gave her one, although the Chatham was grinning as she did.

"The signs along the highways were very telling. The Spartan Nation absolutely adores its Queen and Warrior King. They make no bones about it. I wouldn't be very surprised if Gwen suddenly pronounces that only Spartan women give birth to real men! Even with the Royal Couple, presidents, and a Supreme Court Justice, Steve and Gwen completely dominate the room.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 19 milliseconds