• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Novels and Novellas
  • /
  • Lilith's Shadow Ch. 08

Lilith's Shadow Ch. 08

Part Two:

Eight

Stefan:

Two days after Stefan Jr. went missing, Odilia and I were in a meeting with the council figuring out what we would do to go get our child back. The council consisted of three men and three women who were the over seers of their clan. They wore white robes with gold stitching that told the story of our tribe on the seams of their robes. The councilmen and women all had hair that rested at the middle of their back which had turned white because of the chants and protective wards that had been placed over them.

The councilmen and women were ordained at birth and served for one thousand years before their time expired and a new councilman was appointed. The appointment started with a single strand of white hair and then multiplied as the child grew. Most councilmen and women ac-celled They were there to ensure the well being, safety, and health of all vampires, including such matters as when to go to war. They were more like the congressmen and women of the world.

Although I had introduced Odilia to them already, they had yet to see our son and as soon as I told them the events surrounding how Odilia and I had met, including up til we'd had Stefan Jr. The council sat there just listening already familiar with the ways that Lilith worked. After I finished Speaking, one of the members stood up and spoke. "Could you please clarify what it is that you are asking, Stefan?"

I had to make sure my tone was loud and so I did.

"I wish to seek protection so that I may rescue my child before they get to Lilith's Cove."

"It is our understanding that the child is less than two weeks old?"

"Yes, ma'am, that's correct."

"And as we all know, it takes six weeks to reach the cove by boat, correct?" The council woman continued speaking.

"Yes, ma'am." Stefan stated.

"Have you prepared the team that you wish to dispatch on your behalf?" She inquired.

"Yes, ma'am."

"May we please have their names?"

"Lance Gregoire, Van Gregoire, Reina Gregoire, The shaman, The seer and the navigator." I stated.

I heard Odilia's voice in my head. "I want to go Stefan."

"You must stay, Odilia. It's too dangerous."

"I don't care, I want to go. He's just as much mine as he is yours."

"If you go, who will be able to take care of him should anything happen to me?"

"I want to go!" I heard her scream. I quickly thought of another reason for her not to go.

"What about Tavis and Olivia?" I inquired, knowing that she hadn't seen them in two weeks, and that she missed them.

"Please Stefan." She begged. I could feel the desire she had to go but I also could see that she wished to go just for revenge and I knew that the Lilith couldn't be killed because the power she held was greater than what even we had. I told her this.

"Have you mapped out your strategy and how you plan to get there?" Another council man inquired.

I turned my attention back to them, "Not yet sir, we were waiting to seek your approval."

"You do understand that once you reach the underworld, there is no magic that we may use to protect you? And that you will be on your own?"

I nodded my head, "Yes sir."

"Alright." The councilman turned to the others standing where he was. "Are we all in accordance?"

One by one, the councilman agreed until the last one at the far right, stared at Odilia, "What of her? Will she be going?"

I shook my head, "No ma'am."

"And why not?" She inquired.

"There must be someone here in case I don't make it back." I stated to the woman. I could already feel the sinking feeling begin in my belly. Intuition told me that Odilia Petty was going.

"She is needed for the sake of the baby, if you haven't forgotten Stefan, this is a woman's war."

I closed my mouth tight lipped. The fact of the matter was, I didn't want her to go.

"Come here, Odilia." The woman spoke.

Odilia stood there, scared for a reason she couldn't explain.

"It's alright dear. You will not be hurt. I just wish to speak to you."

Odilia slowly began to move forward. When she finally made it up to the council woman, she could feel the power radiating from all of them and it was so strong that it became overwhelming.

She stood there shaking. The lady reached out to her and spoke, "Odilia Petty, mate of Stefan Gregoire and mother to Stefan Gregoire Jr. We accept you as part of this clan and from here on out, offer you our protection."

With that, she moved her hand over Odilia's head, crossed to her right arm and then to her left foot and then back up then back up to her right arm and then down to her right foot and then up to her left arm and then down to her stomach.

She said a prayer in Latin and then continued from there up to her forehead, where she spoke another prayer and then crossed down to the area in between her legs. She spoke another prayer and then said, "Are the councilman all in one accord? Do you accept the list of prayers that were spoken?"

One by one they all agreed. The council woman inhaled and stared into Odilia's eyes, "You Odilia Petty Gregoire are free to seek out your son and use any means necessary to retrieve him."

With this, she told Odilia that she could come stand next to me.

After the councilmen dismissed us, I waited til we were in the confines of our own home before I spoke. "Odilia, please..."

She cut me off, "I'm going Stefan. You see she protected me and besides she said this is a woman's war."

"You can't kill her," I stated, my tone becoming indignant.

She glanced over at me, I could see that there was a silver ring around the irises. "I'm not trying to, I just want my son back." She stated her tone calm.

I followed her as she went into the bedroom, "It's one thing for me to..." She cut me off, staring at me from my end of the bed, "Stefan?" She inquired calmly.

I just looked, not speaking.

"Did you carry Stefan Jr. for six months?"

I sighed, "No."

"Did you birth him?"

"No, but..."

"Did you..." Her tone got louder as she interrupted me, "Did you hold him up to your breast and feed him?" She inquired.

"Well, no but..."

"If you did not do any of that, how can it be that Stefan Jr. Is solely your responsibility? You will teach him to be a man, but it is I who ensures that he grows up to become that young boy that you turn into a man. Therefore, I have just as much, if not more of an obligation to see to his safety.

"I'm not saying that he is my complete responsibility Odilia, it's just that I want at-least one of us to stay behind, that way he will have someone to care for him."

"And why should that someone be me, Stefan?"

I shook my head, already exasperated with this conversation but intent on finishing it. "Because Odilia Petty, I love you and want you safe. I am the man and it is my place to protect you and our child."

Odilia smiled softly at this. Getting into the bed and coming over to me, she placed a kiss on my lips, "And as your woman..." She paused and placed one on both cheeks, "It is my duty to stand by you."

I smiled at this, appreciating her thoughtfulness. "And how about you stand by me by staying here." I commanded.

She kissed my neck and said, "Where you go. I go."

It was times like these that there was no doubt in my mind that I had indeed chosen the right woman.

As her hands began to roam across my body, I felt that familiar ache transpire. When her hand reached my manhood and squeezed, I scooped her bottom up in my hands and pulled her to me.

Immediately her legs hooked around my waist, perfectly crossing at the ankles. I laid her on her back and careened my face toward hers, "I can see there is no talking you out of this, is there?" I inquired, my tone husky and already laced with desire.

She licked her lips, "What kind of woman would I be if I allowed you to do that?"

My smiled brightened at her teasing. "Submissive."

She laughed, "Only in your dreams baby."

Promptly, my lips seized hers.

Odilia:

Line, sink and hooker. I know, most women vampires are submissive to their mates. Me, however, I'm a rare breed. I've always had problems with submission, even as a human I did. That's why most men I dealt with couldn't or wouldn't work with me. I'm the epitome of independent.

I got Stefan's mind off me going with him to get our son by using my feminine whiles. I've always been good at that, seduction is an art, and can be yielded as a weapon when you knew how to use it. However, as far as Stefan was concerned, I'd beat any woman who tried to out do me physically and mentally. See, the thing is I love this man with every fiber in my body and I would gladly kill over him. He's mine and mine alone. Now, don't get it twisted, I'm not some psycho sister that tries to control every aspect of a man's life, but to set the record straight, the ferocity in which I have come to love him, has made me a little possessive because he is the kind of man a girl could only dream about.

He's smart, sexy, compassionate, loyal, and handsome, a good husband and he is a great father to my kids and will be a great father to our son Stefan Jr.

As Stefan captured my mouth in a kiss, I all but forgot my train of thought as he swept his tongue over the roof of my mouth. I guess seduction tactics work well on both sides because I actually forgot that he could read my mind and was reminded of that when he used his tongue to divert my attention. I turned my mind to him and heard him whisper in the recess of my mind. "You are so devious."

I laughed softly. He kissed me harder and then trailed kisses down my neck. When he reached that sensitive spot there, he whispered, "Now it's my turn."

Tavis and Olivia has stayed with my friend Jill since I went into labor with Stefan Jr. two weeks ago. I miss them terribly, but one thing I know for sure is that they are definitely too young for battle and I have no choice but to leave them with Jill.

Jill is one of a hand full of people who know that Stefan and I are vampires. I was thinking of how I was going to explain to them that they would have to stay with "Aunt Jill", until mom and dad got back to town. My youngest, Tavis call Stefan dad, while Olivia calls him by his name.

Stefan said that he's ok with that. He said he actually like Tavis calling him dad, it made his job seem more real. I guess I must have been deep in thought after our sexual encounter because Stefan asked me what I was thinking. I turned to him and said, "Do you really have to ask?"

"No, but it's exhausting reading your mind all the time. I just put up my wall, so I can block it out."

I laughed, "Yeah, ok. I was thinking about Tavis and Olivia and how much I am going to miss them when we leave."

He inhaled sharply and asked, "Back to that huh?"

"Yes."

He was quiet for a minute. "Why don't you just stay with them? They can at-least have you while I go."

"Because I have a big issue when some damn shadow demon or what ever the hell it is comes in and still my baby while we are sleeping. That's messed up."

He laughed.

"It's not funny Stefan."

"You are speaking as if the shadow is human."

"Well, I may not be able to beat it down physically, but trust me, I plan to learn how to beat the breaks of that damn shadow demon magically."

He laughed again. "Beat the breaks off huh?"

"Yes. Just wait."

He continued laughing. "Alright then, as you like to put it, do your thang."

I laughed when he said it. He asked, "What's so funny?"

I sighed, "You are so proper when you say it."

"I can't believe you're trying to teach me slang. Aren't you supposed to be the one learning a whole new world?"

I shrugged, "I am, but so are you. At-least then you can attempt to blend in." I turned over on my stomach and glanced up at him on his side of the bed. Watching his hair fall into his face and seeing those deeply intense serious eyes of his, I saw that no matter how hard I may try, he'd never really blend in.

He was just too mystical. Too different. I wondered if I too would become like him. Would I be so serious and deep like that, that I would become mystical as well?

He grabbed my chin and ran a finger across my bottom lip, "I hope not because I love you just the way you are. You bring a different kind of fun to my life, with all your music and your ability to relax and be cool. We have enough seriousness twenty four seven with me Reina and Van. We need people like you and Lance to put a little spice in our lives, otherwise it would become dull."

I smiled, glad that he loved me just the way I am. He sighed and laid his head on his pillow."Good night Odilia."

"Good night, handsome." I could feel the smile that he had on his face as he drifted off to sleep. The last thing I thought about before going to sleep was Stefan Jr. I hoped and prayed that he was ok.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Novels and Novellas
  • /
  • Lilith's Shadow Ch. 08

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 585 milliseconds