Literotica 101: Get a Red HOT Score

You'll see chapter stories in every category on Literotica. There's even one made especially for them, Novels and Novellas, though it hasn't very many readers. But, wherever you post your epic, go with separate pieces instead of the one complete tale.

Need more convincing? Suppose you do choose to split up your masterwork and post five chapters, each timed a week or so apart. Now your efforts will appear for about fifteen days in total, a chance to collect many more reads. Each chapter is another opportunity to score a HOT. That's much better than one massive work which lazy readers like me will simply bypass.

The title you pick for your work is very important in drawing readers too. Make it provocative. Make it raunchy- something that creates a strong image, like "Corey Moore, Corporate Whore". It even rhymes.

Include a sexual word or two to announce that this story will be down and dirty. 'Whore' works fine and there is an endless supply of others. You can be sure that one of my frequent readers, bennyprofane, will choose it. (Great handle, man!)

A bold title like "Fast and Furious," is so much better than, say, "Nice Cars Speeding By." If you're writing a series, save enough room (maximum 35 characters and spaces) for a catchy subtitle, something like "Student Bodies Ch. 04: Sex Toy Wife." In this case the subtitle is even better than the main one.

Then there are those Tags, up to ten key words or phrases to identify your story. Use all ten. Readers who enjoy certain themes- erotic photography, girl-girl action, and so on- will find you when they search these words. You want such readers because they're already inclined to enjoy your story. They can help bring the red-boxed letter H.

So, you've worked through everything and made all your decisions. Now it's time to post your work. But you're not quite there just yet.

Proof-read your story carefully several times before you actually submit it. Then check it over once more while it is still in Pending. It can be surprising how many little errors and unforeseen repetitions made it to final copy. A common offense is an extra line of space occupied by a punctuation mark somehow left behind.

At this point, read very closely for word repetition too. That's where synonyms come in. Instead of endlessly repeating key words like cock, pussy, and fuck, mix in other variations. There are formal, medical terms for everything, of course, But a whole gamut of informal slang will do fine, maybe even better.

As a side note, I choose to severely limit use of the 'c-word'. (My wife and a lot of other women absolutely hate it, and some of them read Literotica.) Only the roughest characters or most aroused people ever say it in my stories. No need to use it when so many other terms, from 'pink' to 'puss', will serve just as well.

Finally, a word about those pesky pronouns. Miss S. taught us that "he" means a guy, and "she" is a gal. "They" is plural, more than one. Maybe you disagree? But if you still think rather conventionally, just write it that way. This website hasn't fallen all over itself with political correctness yet.

Though I write erotic trash, I have some standards, eh!

****

So, I promised you a tell-all author memoir, and now it's time to deliver.

My first Literotica piece featured my wife posing. Some years ago, she surprised me with a set of boudoir prints and some tasteful nudes taken by a local female photographer. I still carry a couple of the tamer proofs in my wallet.

It was our little secret until three years ago when I described the session for almost 60 000 readers (and counting). Of course, I changed names and some details to protect her identity. The first half of the story is true, then my imagination takes over as she enjoys it far too much.

In some ways, my writing gig has gone downhill ever since.

One hundred tales later, it is by far my most read and favourited piece. And it earned me more Followers than anything else I've written. While not quite achieving the coveted red H box, it launched a well-read sixteen-chapter series around erotic photography, a very popular fantasy on the site.

My point? Write about what you know and love. It could be your wife or girlfriend posing and getting turned on by it. Your story might incorporate a favourite song. You laugh, but recently I mixed song lyrics with character-developing dialogue, and a lengthy, bombastic sex scene to draw a surprising 4.63.

It doesn't always turn out that way. I go by 1fastguy on Literotica because following motorsports is my lifelong interest. I'm a car guy, travelling widely to every kind of automotive event. I realize it isn't everybody's cup of tea.

Apart from my wife's posing, I most enjoyed writing a five-part racing series that started from a real track experience. There were no HOTs for Corner Two; in fact, it drew my lowest average score for any series. But I enjoyed receiving plenty of engaging comments and letters from other people into the racing scene.

Write about your dreams too. Thoughts about adventures in Peru and the Andes amp me up. My fearless alter-ego, Jaguar, took me through twenty stories in cold mountains and steaming jungles, tracking down terrorists and smugglers. He had his hands full with a bevy of hot beauties too. Jag netted me plenty of satisfying story results.

There are potential Literotica pieces scattered everywhere. They could be right in front of you, ready to be told. Not many of us have been porn stars, but we've all thought about sex and likely enjoyed its amazing highs. Let your imagination run wild as you remember your first time fuck, or that especially fine night making love.

Think about sexy situations you've stumbled upon quite by accident. The nude beach you didn't know was there, or the stacked broad who flashed you in the store. (That happened to me. Another story?) Expand what you've seen and done in the characters and situations you create.

Finally, scoring a HOT rating is rewarding, but it isn't the be-all and end-all. Sometimes authors write for pleasure, as I've just described. Others like to collect Followers, to keep their work in front of a dedicated group of readers. All authors have their reasons.

I think there's something even better than gaining HOT ratings or collecting Followers. It is a rarity, but every so often a posted comment or personal email from a happy reader brings a satisfied smile to my face.

Sometimes a fan makes it all worthwhile, like this woman did for me.

____________

[Comment about Petra's Pictures: Art to Porn, Ch. 01 from Helen1899, bi female]

"Smoking hot. I had a wonderful orgasm. More to cum please."

____________

{Comment about Petra's Pictures: Art to Porn, Ch. 02 from Helen1899]

"Hot very hot, nobody does photography stories better than this author. another 5*"

____________

[Comment about Sharon Finds Erotic Photography, Ch.01 from Helen1899]

"So hot, my feelings mirrored Sharon's every step of the way, even until we orgasmed together. Never have I read a story where I have orgasmed with the main character. wow 5*"

____________

So, why do I write?

That's why.

****

Thanks so much for reading. Please rate or comment before you go.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 22 milliseconds