Loss to Love Ch. 04

"So you coming in or what?" Stephanie asked, moving aside for me to enter. "Nick's still upstairs in his room. You can head on up."

"Thanks Steph." I muttered, making the familiar way up to Nick's room. I stood outside the cream colored door knocking on it once. No answer. I tried again, this time slightly louder than before.

"What do you want Steph? I'm busy." I heard Nick say from the other side of the door.

"It's me dumbass." I said, turning the doorknob and opening the door. Wrong move, seeing that a topless Nick came into view. His hair still wet from, I'm assuming, the shower he just got out of not too long ago, water droplets dripping off the ends of his brown locks. My eyes momentarily trailed the wet trails down his pecs, weaving in between the ridges of his abs, before disappearing into his navel. His body was hairless except for the trail of fine hair running down into his jeans. I quickly pulled my eyes away and looked down, heat rising to my cheeks. "Sorry man. Shouldn't have barged in like that." I said, backing up in my attempt to leave the room.

"It's cool, have a seat while I finish getting ready." He said, motioning to his bed while turning to his dresser to probably get a top. I did as I was told and took a seat, seeing Nick scouting for something to wear from the corner of my eye. I dared myself another peep, cautiously tilting my head to get a better view. If I liked what I saw before, I loved seeing his back. Taut muscles lined his back, from his neck all the way to small of his back, disappearing underneath the waistband of his Calvin Klein underwear that peaked just a little above his jeans.

I felt myself swell in my jeans, crossing my legs in my attempt to cover up any obvious tenting in my trousers. I couldn't help it. Nick was hot, very hot. Couple that with the fact that back muscles were kind of my weakness didn't help one bit. I looked to my hands, trying to keep my thoughts off Nick, difficult as it may be.

"Which is better?" I looked up to Nick holding up two tops. One a simple white button up shirt and the other a navy blue t-shirt. I scanned from one item of clothing to the other, getting another glimpse of his washboard abs in between. My heart screamed for me to choose the t-shirt, knowing that all his tees were figure hugging, meaning I have the whole day to ogle at him, but my brain knew that the shirt was the safe choice. Last thing I needed was a full day hard on. I pointed to the shirt and he smiled, putting away the tee while unbuttoning the shirt. He slipped an arm through the sleeve, twisting his body to get the other arm in. I literally drooled at the almost erotic image in front of me. I never realized how amazingly amazing Nick was. I knew he was hot but I had never seen him shirtless before and now his hot bod would forever be engraved in my lusting mind.

"I'm going to the bathroom." I announced, walking past him out the room to the bathroom at the end of the hallway. I locked the door, immediately grabbing a handful of cold water and splashing it on my face. I took a few deep breaths, trying to get my boner to go away. Images of Nick's hard body kept flashing in my mind, making the former quite a challenge. I slapped myself then, literally, the pain shooting across my cheek. The jolt helped with my jeans problem quite a bit so the pain was well worth it.

With one last deep breath, I unlocked the door and stepped out, a little faster than I expected. For a split second I saw Stephanie in front of me, and the next moment, she was on her butt at my feet. That was my fault I guess. Stephanie's room was just outside the bathroom so couple that with the higher than normal speed I was going, a crashed was inevitable. "Sorry Steph." I said, helping her to her feet, not before feeling coldness against my skin of my chest. Looking down I realized that Stephanie was holding a cup of soda, which was now unceremoniously soaked into my hoodie and t-shirt.

"Drew, what's the rush? Oh my god, look at the mess you are in." She pointed out, seeing the wet fabric of my clothing.

I laughed at her remark, pointing out the obvious. "Sorry about your soda." I said, to which she looked at her half empty cup.

"What's all the commotion?" Nick said, his head popping out of his room looking in our direction. "What the hell happened to you?" He asked, taking in my appearance.

"Accident." I looked down as Stephanie immediately pointed a finger at me, indicating to her brother that she wasn't at fault. "Yeah well, Steph why don't you go get a new cup of soda." I said, ushering her to the stairs. She tried putting up a fight but eventually agreed and headed down to the kitchen. I looked down at my clothing, which was beginning to get sticky. "Looks like I have to go home and change."

"Nonsense. We're behind schedule as it is. Come on, you can burrow one of my t-shirts." Nick said, walking into his room. I followed him in, but only to argue that going home wasn't going to take that long. "Just put this on." He said, throwing me the navy blue t-shirt he asked me about just now. I just stared at him. "Come on, it'll fit. Just change and we can go." I rolled my eyes and began to remove my hoodie. I held the soiled jacket in my hand unsure of where to place it. Nick extended his hand. "Give it here."

Handing it over, I grabbed the hem of my t-shirt before realizing that Nick was staring at me waiting for my shirt. "Could you not stare?" I said.

"Just strip." The phrase set off a whole new series of inappropriate thoughts in my head, but still I did as I was told. I threw my shirt straight at Nicks face, but he caught it with ease without so much as blinking. "Now was that so difficult. What are you so scared of anyway?"

I ignored him and pulled the clean shirt over my head. Nick's smell was infused into the fabric, assaulting my senses. It fit quite nicely on me, not too big. I was glad I at least worked out a little so it wouldn't look like the shirt was oversized. I walked over to the mirror on the wall, giving myself an inspection. I actually quite liked the way I looked. His shirt had a nice cut to it that accentuated my body shape, giving me a slight V shape. "Not bad."

"You looked great." Nick came up behind me, putting his hands on my shoulder, bending forward a little so his head and mine were level. "You should wear my clothes more often. Fits you." He said.

"Is that an offer?" I played. "How about I move in next?" Nick smiled and tapped my cheek lightly, turning around mumbling something incoherent. I watched as he grabbed his bag off his desk and made for the door.

"Come on. Let's go." He said. I followed him, tugging at the soiled clothes in his right hand. "I'll deal with this. It's fine."

"No it's not. I'll just pop home and throw it into the laundry." I said, still trying to wrestle my clothes from his grasp but he had a vice grip on them.

"Keep tugging and your clothes will need more than just washing." He threatened, to which I gave in and let go. "You should really just listen to me. It'll make things go a lot smoother."

"Now where's the fun in that?" I quipped.

"You're cute." He said. I rolled my eyes, not bothering to remind him once again not to call me cute. I'm sure by now he's only doing it to irritate me, knowing that I don't like it.

I waited at the front door while Nick went to throw my stuff in the laundry. At which point Stephanie came walking over with a new glass of soda. She stopped when she saw me, gripping the cup with both hands and taking small careful steps. Her behavior was so adorable I had to chuckle, and I swear the glare she shot me only added to her cuteness. "Stop laughing. You're not making me lose this glass too." She said carefully skirting me till she deem a safe distance before resuming normally to her room.

"Yeah well see you Steph." I said, seeing her wave her goodbye at the top of the stairs.

"Ok we're all set. Shall we?" Nick asked, reappearing around the corner of the kitchen. I nodded, turning and heading out the door. "Let's take my car." Nick said, walking down the path to his Audi. I followed him as he placed his stuff in the trunk. I took this opportunity to admire his car instead. It was a dark blue RS5 and it was a beauty. Unlike my truck, which had little dents and scratches here and there, his was damage free. Light reflected of its pristine coating of glossy paint, every curve and edge just perfect. It was obvious Nick took care of his car but I could never drive something that shiny and new. I would be too scared to scuff it up.

I got into the passenger seat, the dark leather making that distinct rubbing sound. I perused the interiors, running my gaze across the dashboard down to the shift stick located between the seats. Nick opened his door, taking his seat beside me, but it didn't stop my inspection of his ride. "Like it?" He asked.

"Yeah no shit." I said.

"Didn't take you for a car person."

"I'm not, well not really. I just appreciate a nice car when I see one." I replied, moving my eyes back to Nick. He had this smirk on his face that made him look kinda cute. "Among other things." I didn't even think about what I was saying until it came out. I pulled my gaze away, looking out the side window, hoping Nick wouldn't notice the blush coloring my face. I assumed he didn't catch what I meant when he started the car. His Audi purred to life, unlike little red that rumbled like a mini earthquake.

"If you like it so much, you can try it if you want." Nick offered, to which I had to laugh. "What's so funny?"

"Oh nothing. I was just laughing at the idea of me driving this." I said. He raised an eyebrow in confusion. "It's just I can't ever imagine driving something like this. I'll be too scared to drive it."

"Can you stop being so cute?" He smiled and once again I rolled my eyes.

Nick pulled out of his driveway, heading down the road towards the city. The botanical garden was located on the other side of town and it would have only taken twenty minutes to get there. I guess luck wasn't on our side when we got stuck in traffic. It was thirty minutes into the drive and we weren't even halfway there yet.

"Oh come on. What's with the hold up?" Nick shouted, hitting his hand onto the steering wheel.

"Dude chill out, it's just traffic." I said.

"I hate traffic."

"Well newsflash genius, everyone does." I settled into my seat, trying to get as comfortable as possible knowing that this would have been a long ride. I watched as we crept along the highway at a snail's pace. A blanket of silence took over, the soft music from the radio filling the void. I turned to Nick, seeing him holding the steering wheel with one hand. His other hand rested on his lap, fingers drumming to the beat of the song.

I don't know if it was hypnotizing or whatever but I stared at his long fingers, watching them tap onto the denim of his jeans.

"You know I've been thinking a lot about what you said that day." Nick's voice knocked me out from my stupor.

"I'm sorry what?"

"I said, I've been thinking about what you said that day. You know, about the friend thing." He said. I noticed his fingers once again, still drumming but this time no longer in beat with the music. No it was much different, it was nervous drumming.

"Yeah and I meant it. If there's something bothering you, you can tell me. I promise I'll try not to judge you."

"Try?" He asked quizzically.

"Well yeah. I may judge you a little, just a little. I promise I won't even show it." I joked.

"You are such an idiot sometimes."

"Oh, could it be? Ladies and gentlemen, Nick Preston has finally called me something other than cute." I mocked, in big fashion.

"You hate me calling you cute but you pull stuff like that all the time. Tell me how can I not call you cute?" He said, "Anyway, I was trying to talk to you about something here."

"Sorry. Go on."

"Yeah, okay so...um...you weren't too far off with your assumptions that day? You know, as to why I was in a bad mood. It was a lot to take in all of the sudden, what with the break up and all."

"So the break up wasn't mutual?" I asked.

"No no, it was. You already know Kate likes Tray, and you probably already guessed that I like someone else too, so no, the break up was mutual."

"Do I get to know who this new girl is?"

"Not yet, I'll tell you sometime though...maybe." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Okay so it wasn't the break up and so am I to assume it has something to do with this new crush? What? She turned you down?"

"You're impatient, and no, at least not yet. I can't exactly be turned down by someone I haven't asked out can I?"

"Okay then just spit it out. If you want to tell me, just out with it, if not please change the subject. Seriously, I'm not one for long emotional conversations." I scolded. It was the truth though, long awkward conversations were not my thing and this conversation was brimming with awkwardness, more for him than me.

"Okay okay, well that day I found out that I wasn't the only person with eyes for the prize. I had competition and I was pissed because no one had ever shown any fondness for said crush and suddenly, out of nowhere he pops up and says he does. Can you get how I felt?"

"So you were scared that she would pick him instead. Am I right? Pissed that out of nowhere this guy shows up, who may sweep your princess off her feet and far away from you?" Nick nodded his head, confirming his worries. "Really? Are you crazy or something?"

"What? Why?"

"Why? Dude, you're like the number one bachelor in school, man. Last I checked, girls stood in line wanting to have you just notice them, and you're worried you're gonna lose out to this tool. Sure, I'm not saying that everyone in school would jump at the opportunity to date you, but c'mon man. I'm sure this girl would at least want to try to date you, even if it's just for the experience of dating 'The Nick Preston', no offense."

"But I don't think it's like that. I mean, I haven't gotten any sense that this person likes me like that." He said, rubbing his neck.

"Dude, there are this group of people called actors. Maybe you've heard of them? Yeah they have this ability to pretend to be something they're not." I said, my tone dripping with sarcasm.

"Shut up. Relationships are more complicated than you think. Besides, you're one to give relationship advice. You've never even had a boyfriend before." He shot back.

"Below the belt man. It's not by choice. You think I don't want a boyfriend? It's pretty lonely sometimes you know. At least you have people who want to date you. I'll gladly settle for someone just liking me."

"Sorry man, didn't mean it like that. If it's any consolation, I like you." He tried to make me feel better. Typical Nick, always trying to be the all-around good guy.

"I was thinking more along the lines of a gay guy. Let's just leave it at that. I don't like to talk about my love life, or more like the lack thereof." I chuckled. Nick gave me a sad frown, before turning his head back to the road. The ride got quiet after that. I didn't mean to make it so somber but I said what was on my mind. Straight guys never know how lucky they are. They complain about girls and relationships, but at the end of the day, they at least have the luxury of not being judged for who they like.

Me on the other hand, well I listen and pretend it doesn't bother me, but really it does. I look at happy couples in school and wish that I could have the same. All it takes is for one closet homophobe to take a gay asking him out on a date, to beat him to a pulp. Straight guys don't have to worry about their crushes handing it to them, most of the time at least.

Thankfully the traffic finally eased up and we were able to get to the botanical garden without wasting too much time. As I got out of the car, I looked to Nick who still hasn't said a word since. He got his stuff, not even making eye contact with me. I walked over to him and put a hand on his shoulder. "Nick."

"Yeah?" He said, continuing with what he was doing.

"Nick, look at me." I said, spinning him around to face me. "I didn't mean to make it my problem. You were talking about yours and I just got carried away."

"No. You're right. It's somehow always about me and I never thought about it from your standpoint. I'm sorry. Guess I'm not a very good friend huh. I've apologized to you so many times its sad really." He smiled weakly.

"What? Dude c'mon. You're an awesome friend. You befriended me when I had no one, even after I almost disfigured you. You just need to stop being the good guy with me. I hope you don't mind me saying this, but you treat me different than the other guys." I said.

"You can tell?"

"Well duh. You joke with the other guys and yeah sometimes it hurts their ego too, but you never go into this slump whenever with me."

"I just feel like I owe you so much more." He said. I got the look on his face. Guilt. He was guilty, about what I couldn't be certain but I suspected it has something to do with how he treated me in the past. In the spur of the moment, I pulled him to me and gave him a tight hug. I was touched to be honest. I mean even after everything he has done, he still felt like he owed me, but he did not.

"You don't owe me anything Nick. For what it's worth, I owe you. I owe you for making me feel worth when I felt worthless." I said, wrapping my arms tighter around him. "You are one great guy, and that girl would be a fool not to like you too."

He pulled away and smiled. "Thanks man."

"Now that that's taken care of, shall we? I'll be damned if I don't get an A on this project." I said, dissipating any awkward tension that was left behind. I felt a slight tinge of jealousy for this mystery girl, having someone as amazing as Nick chasing after her, or maybe I'm just feeling lonely.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 23 milliseconds