Loss to Love Ch. 06

After lunch, Nick offered to show me around the house, the grand tour if you will. As he brought me from room to room, it was all kinda normal, everything you would find in any other suburban home. The part that distinguished it from other typical homes, wasn't what was on the inside, but outside. When Nick said the backyard was breathtaking, I wasn't expecting the lake shore.

Complete with a pier, the house stood on the shores of Lake Samish. Sure some people had gardens, a pool or maybe a treehouse, but how many people could say they had a lake in their backyard.

"Whoa." Was all I could manage.

"Amazing isn't it. I was lost for words the first time I came here too." Nick said, taking a deep breath, breathing in the sweet scent of nature.

"Whoa." I repeated.

"Cute. C'mon, let's have a ride on the lake." He said, walking towards the pier that protruded from the shoreline. I followed, taking me time, hands stuck in my pockets. This was all so nice I didn't want to rush anything. I wanted this weekend to last forever.

The sound of dried leaves crunching under my shoes changed to the soft knock on wood as my heel made contact with the pier. Nick stood near the end, fidgeting with a rope tied to the post. On the other end of that rope was a small rowboat, just large enough to seat two people. "Get on." Nick said, motioning to the boat with his head as his fingers worked on the knots of the rope.

I climbed into the wooden vessel, making it sway from the change in weight. I bent down, taking a seat as Nick climbed aboard too, the boat disconnected from its tether. "Ever been on a boat before?" Nick asked, grabbing the oars and pushing up further from the pier.

"Once when I was little. I was scared shitless though, as I couldn't swim then and I was so scared I was gonna fall in." I said, remembering a family trip we took when I was younger. Nick started out slow, propelling us out towards the lake with each stroke. The lake water was so calm, you could see your reflection in it, the only disturbance from Nick's rowing.

"Yeah? Well you don't look scared now so I'm assuming you got over it."

"Well no shit. It's so peaceful I just wanna lay here and not think about anything." I said closing my eyes.

"So I'm assuming you're enjoying the trip? Aren't you happy you agreed to this?" Nick said. Yes I was extremely happy I decided to come. The trip had just started and already I'm loving it more than I thought I would. To think that I was regretting agreeing to this a few days ago.

"Yeah. Thanks for inviting me man."

"Glad your enjoying yourself. You're the second person I have brought here." He said, stopping his rowing. We coasted to a slow stop a couple hundred yards away from the shore.

"I am? I feel so special." I played, holding my hand to my heart and batting my eyes. "So who else did you bring here?"

"Kate. Duh." He said, like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Oh right, it is nice place for a date. Speaking of which, how's your progress with your new crush." I asked.

"No new progress. I haven't said anything."

"Seriously? I thought you said that some other dude's after her too. Should make a move before it's too late."

"I know, it's just difficult." He said, looking out at the calm waters.

"Just take the plunge man. Like I said, you stand a pretty good chance."

"Hmm. Actually while we're on this topic, can I ask you something?" He asked. I looked at him and nodded, asking him to continue. "Well it's all hypothetical and all so don't take it too seriously."

"Okay?"

"Okay, so...let's just say that there is this guy that likes you, and he is like some football jock, would you date him?" I raised an eyebrow at him. At his question, Travis popped into my mind. Did Nick suspect that Travis asked me out?

"I don't follow." I said, trying to wheedle more information from him.

"So okay let's say, again all of this is hypothetical, that there is this football jock and he asked you out. Would you even consider dating him?" He said.

Travis did say he told a couple of people about his orientation. Being my friend, Nick was probably first choice if Travis wanted a wingman; someone close to the target. If so, then Nick was doing just that, checking my reaction before the final blow. I decided to test waters a little. "Does this happen to be about Travis?"

Nick's face drained of color and I knew I had got it. "How did you..."

"Did Travis ask you to ask me out for him?"

"Um no...I mean yes...no, shit how did you know?" Nick seemed flabbergasted. I'm sure he thought I had no idea, and apparently Travis had neglected to mention to Nick that he had already ask me out.

"Travis already asked me out on Monday." I stated.

"Shit. Um...so what did you tell him? Did you say yes?" He asked, I don't know why he was so interested but I just went along with it.

"I said I'll think about it."

"So you said no?"

"It's a not yet. I told him I had to sort out some stuff first before I could think of a relationship with him."I said.

"Oh...do you want to?" He asked.

"I don't know. I swear I had half a mind to say yes that day. I mean it was the first time anyone had ever showed me any interest. Excuse me if I was ecstatic. Luckily though, I was caught with surprise so much, I managed to maintain some logical thinking."

"But you still want to date him?" He asked.

"Well yeah a little. I don't want to be lonely my whole life you know." I said. Nick scrunched his brow together before rowing us back to shore. He didn't say anything after that and I wondered why, seeing as he was the one who brought up the subject.

Once at the pier, Nick got off, tying the rowboat back to the post. I got up, a little too fast, making the boat sway. All it took was a slight tip and I lost my balance. Of all the places to fall down, I was in the worst possible place. I tumbled backwards, going over the side and into the cold lake water.

"Oh shit." I heard Nick shout as I resurfaced, coughing out the little water I swallowed. Nick extended his hand and I grabbed it. With ease, Nick pulled me out, as I clambered onto the pier. Like Mother Nature had a vendetta against me, a strong gale blew past that exact moment. The cold air hit my wet skin and I immediately started shivering. "Oh man we better get you inside before you get hypothermia or something." Nick said, pulling me towards the house. I was dripping from head to toe, my clothes soaked right down to my underwear, but I was too cold to care. I just wanted to get to the warmth of the house.

As I entered the back door, the warm air relieved me instantly. I was still cold but I could control my shivers now. "Oh my god, what happened?" Carrie asked, coming to check what all the commotion was about.

"He fell into the lake." I felt my cheek flush with embarrassment at Nick's comment.

"Well, go and change and shower before you catch a cold." Carrie said, ushering me up the stairs. Nick stood behind me, supporting me from behind as he walked me up the stairs. I wondered why he needed to but as I grabbed the stair rail, I realized that my fingers were numb that if I were to fall...again...my fingers would not have had the strength for me to hold on.

Nick pushed me to the bathroom, running a hot shower for me.

"Thanks man. I can handle it from here." I said. Nick nodded before exiting the bathroom. I quickly stripped my wet clothes, my jeans a little more challenging with my numb fingers, but remove them I did. I stepped into the shower, letting the hot water run over my skin, adding heat that my body craved for. I clenched and unclench my fists, trying to get my flood flowing. Never had I appreciated a hot shower as I did at that moment.

Once I felt comfortable enough, I got out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my waist. I left my soaking clothes in the bathroom, not wanting to drip water everywhere. I scurried to the guest bedroom to find it empty. I guessed that Nick was downstairs with his mom.

I changed into a fresh and more importantly, dry set of clothes. Happy and comfortable now, I went back downstairs to check with Carrie where I could throw my wet clothes. As I walked to the kitchen I could hear talking. Nick's unmistakable voice.

"Mom I think it's time I told you something." The view of the stairs was blocked from the kitchen by a partition wall so they wouldn't have realized I was downstairs. "Before Drew comes back." I stopped in my tracks. It was obvious that whatever I was suddenly eavesdropping on wasn't meant for my ears.

"Oh? What is it honey?" Carrie replied, concern layered in her voice. Damn this was some important shit that I wasn't supposed to be listening to. I turned and stealthily crept back towards the stairs, hoping no one would be the wiser that I was just downstairs.

"Mom, I'm gay." I stopped again in my tracks. Did I just hear what I thought I heard?

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 320 milliseconds