Lost Empire Ch. 14

Derrick called Zan and Conner advising them that they would be here a while longer and he might need one of them to join them. Derrick started to work non-stop trying to adjust the molecular enhancer, finally two days later Derrick could see that the pattern of the device and the box could be separated. The only problem he could see was the placement of the enhancers, too close the charge went off, not close enough and the charge would come with the box destroying the ship it was transported into. Sleep deprived, weary beyond belief Derrick tried to push even harder finally getting the first prototype finished though he had to test it first.

By the end of the third day Mary had been calling Derrick for two days. Derrick finally hearing her was advised that the fleet of Republic ships were pledging to Derrick except for about one hundred.

Those had left and were causing trouble, would he like her to take care of

them? Staring at Mary Derrick was having a hard time figuring out who she was.

"Uh," He started, "I'm having problems processing much beyond this right now if they are hurting people than yes stop them." Mary nodded she was starting to worry about the emperor, she'd never seen one of them work like this man did.

Mary opened a channel to the ships that had escaped, "I am advising you to turn yourselves in the Rangers are now working with the..."

"Why don't you shut up you stupid..." a voice started, then was silent as the ship it was on was blown away.

"Now then," Mary started again, "I am authorized to allow you to turn your selves in, minimal sentences and no other punishment. The alternative you saw, branded as enemies of the empire you will be hunted the rest of your lives. I'll give you an hour to decide then I will commence punishment."

Looking in on Derrick Mary took Shelby aside, "Shelby I am detecting that he is on the verge of collapse, he needs to rest."

"I realize this Mary but I have seen him like this before it is almost useless unless we stun him. I'm not sure I am prepared to face his anger." Shelby told Mary fear apparent on her face.

Smiling Mary told Shelby not to worry then walked into where Derrick was working.

"Sire," Mary started, "Unless you rest starting in thirty seconds under imperial mandates I will stun and restrain you 'til such time as you have recovered."

Derrick looked up from the device on the bench, "You wouldn't dare!" He said.

"Sire it is my main job to protect you this includes from yourself. Now then cease and desist or I'll be forced under the mandates to take action." Mary replied.

Derrick grunted and turned away ignoring Mary's hologram, "You can't hurt me."

Sighing Mary over rode several systems on the ship, two small electrodes came out of the wall, Derrick saw them and still ignored them. Sighing again Mary told him, "Last time sire or you'll force me to take action." Sighing again there was a small whine then both electrodes were live as was the charge that shot out of them.

Derrick looked up as the first bolts hit him, "Ok I guess I was wrong," he said as he slumped to the floor.

Shelby and Mary had mechanical arms lifting Derrick's unconscious body and lightly depositing him in his make-shift bed. "If he awakes and still has low readings advise me immediately, we have to make sure he stays healthy." Mary told Shelby.

Mary was back on the Imperial planet the time was almost up for the answers from the now ninety nine ships that had been causing trouble. Though she was also keeping an eye on Derrick she had to have things ready for him.

After confirming all the ships surrender, Mary went back to the ship to watch Derrick.

"Shelby," Mary started, "while he is in this state we should finish what you started in his mind."

Shelby nodded as they both delved into his mind though not as chaotic as before Shelby could see that much had returned. Tracing all the way in, they soon found another haven that the war had created, far deeper than Shelby had been before.

Drawing near to it they were suddenly hit by a titanic wind. "What are you doing back here?" Shelby heard the battle hardened Derrick again. "Ah! Good you brought another for me to practice on! Once I'm through gutting both of you then I can take over this place!"

Lunging out Derrick slashed at Mary actually cutting her arm, amazed Shelby pushed Mary away as she stepped in front of Derrick. "Move!" He shouted lunging this time passing through Shelby. Grabbing his head she could see all the pain and hate that was contained there, then she saw even more horror then the last time.

Derrick was almost completely immobile, Mary also reached out grabbing Derrick's head. Screaming he began to flail away trying to break free of the two women that had an almost death grip on him.

"Let me go if you destroy this place he will never be safe again, you have to stop. I'll kill you both for this, you think he loves you? You think he trusts you? Get real! Oh that's right you aren't!" An almost evil laugh escaped his lips as he tried harder and harder to get loose.

Finally with one last scream, he managed to wrench one arm loose again slashing at Shelby. As the chaos started to clear the Derrick that they both knew, was huddled in a corner trembling, terrified to move.

Both women walked up to him each sat next to him both holding him. Derrick looked up

at the two holding him, kissing Mary on the cheek then hugging her. Turning to Shelby he started to speak, "Again you were here, thank you both," leaning in he kissed Shelby deeply and passionately, turning they all rose to exit to the surface.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 27 milliseconds