Love Note Pt. 01

His smile took on a different shade. Unfortunate as it was, he was beginning to like her.

"I'll be performing twelve songs: six old ones and six new ones. I'll prepare a couple extras in case they're needed."

She shifted her balance, unconsciously jutting a hip out. "Are we going to have problems if you don't deliver twenty songs? Jade hadn't mentioned twenty in the meeting this morning."

"Because it was never part of our agreement." Leo approached her again. "The contract says twelve -- she's just trying to push her luck. I'm bringing this up now in case she tries to bully my management team into anything shady behind my back."

"I see. Then take me through the track-list."

He could tell that she was aware of the closing distance, but was still deciding whether to react to it or not.

"No. First I want you to answer me one thing."

Her eyes met his, but he knew his face had to be as unreadable as hers had been when the light was behind her.

"What?"

Leo took another step. "Do you believe in love at first sight?"

"Excuse me?" She tried to laugh his question off, but didn't quite manage. "No."

"Okay." He was close enough to smell her now -- vanilla, ginger... along with something fresh and juicy. "Another thing: Did you... feel... anything when you first saw me?"

She straightened sharply -- the shift in him had become a conscious predator to her senses now.

There was definitely something in him that responded more strongly the closer to her he got. Damned if he knew what it was or why it wanted her. He'd spent years of his life on the topic of love, had meant it when he told her that he understood falling in love.

Understood his own past experiences of love, at least. But this...

You're in love? Falling?

No, that couldn't be right; not for a woman he didn't know. A woman who would only be here for a month before heading back to whichever idiot had her heart and still let her out of his sight.

"What are you doing, Leo?"

He'd been asking himself the same thing for hours now. He wanted her, wanted something from her. But Zeus alone knew what.

The small of her back bumped into the counter behind her. Her eyes widened the moment she realised she was trapped. Apricots -- this close to her, he picked up the scent of succulent apricots as well.

"This is a bad idea."

Of all the things she could have said. She could have made it clear that she didn't want him. But didn't.

Leo's smile faded slowly. "I know."

His lips met hers gently. When he was sure that she wouldn't run, wouldn't vanish, all he wanted was to savour her; and take his time doing so.

He continued the slow onslaught, nibbling at her until she finally opened to him. His tongue found hers on a groan, the heat in his chest spreading through the rest of him. She wasn't yet fully pliant, but he was aware of the instant her head tilted and her tongue reached for his.

He took her hands in his, lifted them and pressed her palms to his chest. Anaïs immediately reared back. Leo stilled, breaking the kiss to watch her; continuing the pressure on her hands, making her touch him. She stared up at him, yielding as he guided her, her breaths deep and ragged.

Her touch was affecting him more than he let show.

They hadn't even really done anything yet and he was already getting hard, already picturing her riding him as her tits filled his hands. There was time for that -- plenty. For now he wanted to take his time making her acknowledge how much she wanted to touch him.

Once her palms had covered the breadth of his shoulders, he slowly guided them back together and up towards his neck. He leaned in and she pulled back a fraction. Leo stopped and looked into her dark eyes, daring her to break free. Daring her to lie about what they were both feeling.

Anaïs glanced at his lips then back up into his eyes. He leaned forward again, meeting her lips with more hunger this time and feeling it ignite in her as she wrapped her arms around his neck before he could make her move. Her tongue explored him this time. She pulled him close and melted into him.

He lifted her onto the countertop, forcing her thighs apart with his hips, feeling his heart thud at how trim her waist felt when he embraced her. He brought his hands to her sides, tracing the shape of her like a blind man. There was something that almost didn't add up about the shape of her: opulent tits between strong arms, then the suddenness of her tiny waist... spilling out into the perfect hips to grab onto while --

Anaïs moaned.

The fullness of her hips made him thrust at her, push his erection into the juncture of her jeans. He wanted to tear through everything separating them.

Something feral awakened at the realisation that her breasts were more than he could cup. Leo smiled savagely into her kisses as she whimpered, feeling her straightening so she could push herself into his cupped hands. He deepened the kiss, seeking parts of her no one else knew. He needed this to be as unique and intense to her as it was to him.

He found her nipples with his thumbs, circling them and making her hips roll. Her fingers were in his hair, drawing him even closer as she wrapped her legs around his lower half. She was all raw response and he was high on her potency.

Her breath caught when he pinched both nipples, a primal feminine hitch that he wanted to hear again. So, he pinched again, slower, feeding her his tongue, his need, as he gently pulled at her peaks. And there it was: the stutter-stutter of her inhalation... followed by her moans melting in his mouth.

Leo slipped his hands beneath her tee, squeezing at her delectable waist before moving higher. Her fingers tightened on his scalp -- but this time it felt different.

He was still caught up in her taste when she pulled back.

"Leo..."

Her eyes, when he looked into them, were a mess of emotion. She wanted him -- he was sure of it -- but there was something else as well. His urgent craving faded from the forefront. They watched each other, embracing still, gasps mingling.

When she pulled back, removing his hands from beneath her t-shirt, Leo put his walls back up. What the fuck had he been thinking anyway? This wasn't some game and he didn't have room in his life -- in him -- for anything serious. He was supposed to have outgrown the years of letting his dick drive his actions.

He took a step back. Then another. When his back hit the wall opposite her, he turned away. He was leaning his forearm against the cool concrete with his head down as she collected herself and headed for the door. His other hand was squeezing his still-hard cock by the time his door quietly clicked shut behind her.

The empty silence of the house took her shape. It smelled like her and mocked him.

Leo grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and walked out onto the balcony. After drinking half of it he could still taste her. In frustration, he ended up bending forward and pouring the rest on his head. Thin slivers of coolness cut into his scalp. Afterwards, his mind none the clearer, he threw the bottle with all his pent up frustration across the lounge, in the direction of the front door.

His house had three storeys and the serene view from the first-floor balcony pissed him off all the more. He glared out at the setting sun before shaking his wet head and stepping back into the lounge.

His cell phone was on a couch; the number he sought easy to find. Thandi answered after two rings.

"Forget all that earlier shit. I've decided to go ahead with Anaïs Kem."

He hung up before the inevitable questions started.

*** III ***

Four cigarettes in twelve hours. Her life had taken on chapters in puffs.

The first had been lit in the car. In the midst of fleeing Leo, she'd turned on some music and Dwele had immediately teased her mid-song:

Won't you be my lova, my lova...?

Won't you be my lova, baby?

Ana snarled silently at the dashboard. Thandi and her ridiculous R&B music.

Say, baby... if I pinch you here...

Will the other respond like a twin would...?

She'd switched back to silence then, her nipples hard again. Both responding as they had when Leo had pinched them minutes earlier. That cigarette and the one after had not erased the memory of his taste.

The third had been lit when she got home and Thandi called from her Gautrain-bound cab to tell her she had the job. Her friend sounded about as surprised as Ana was. But added that her flight would be a happy one now that everything was "sorted".

Ana dragged on her fourth cigarette first thing the next morning before her shower.

The shower itself did nothing to answer her greatest questions. Why did Leo suddenly change his mind about working with her? Was it their conversation that had convinced him... or did a part of him think she'd be an easy lay?

No, he wouldn't jeopardise a job this big for a reason that stupid.

And what the hell had happened between them back there?? She still couldn't wrap her mind around the attraction that had taken over both of them.

It was a sunny morning, hotter than the day before.

Ana was in the bustling offices by eight, two hours before the rest of her crew was due. She might've been toppled by her kiss with Leo, but she did still have a sharp mind with great ideas. After a call to Jade the previous evening, she'd gotten on with an inspiration she knew would help a great deal in the coming week of recording new tracks.

The drummer and bass player were first to arrive, followed shortly by the guitarist, pianist and backup singers.

Ana introduced them to each other as they arrived. "Dev, Brian, Gary... Khaya on keyboard; and Lara, Sarah and Will on backing vocals."

Her head hurt as she briefed the team on the rehearsal weeks, but it was nothing compared to her other disoriented feelings. She handed out copies of the schedule they would be sticking to. After that she spent a few minutes with each individual in Thandi's office, going over their specifics and signing on the dotted line.

Leo walked in just as she returned to the group with Will. He was the joker in the crowd and it felt nice to laugh despite the faint thud at her temples.

"Ana!" Kyle stepped around his scowling friend to hug her.

Again Ana was surprised by his pulverisation of personal space boundaries, but found rolling with it easier than questioning it. He was extroverted but harmless. Leo stood by the windows watching them embrace, his face inscrutable.

Once they were done getting acquainted with the band, Leo approached her. Ana felt her skin prickle, but held his cool gaze.

"Hey," he said.

"Hey?"

"Hey," he repeated after an uncertain pause.

What more had she expected? "Hey."

"Is it my turn now?" Kyle grinned, looping an arm around her shoulders. "Hey."

Leo turned away. "Let's move this along. Can we go through to the studios now? I'd like to see what we're working with."

"Actually, I'm going to need a few more minutes before we do." Ana shrugged Kyle's arm off as she spoke. "I could have someone bring you some coffee or something while you wait."

Leo shook his head, but Kyle grinned at her. "I'll take mine black and sweet."

His lurid emphasis finally got her to roll her eyes at his cheesy line. Kyle laughed.

After dropping off the contracts with one of Thandi's assistants, Ana slipped into the main office. She breathed her relief into the quiet space before sitting down to make a call. She had won over two casino managers in this room -- she could work this miracle, too. When she was done with her phone call, she smiled, liking the ease outside free of stressed wariness -- it felt good to know she was on top of her first day.

True to his word, the man she'd been hunting down since the day before walked through the doors ten minutes later. It was with controlled pride that Ana led him into the boardroom.

"Eric?" Even Leo couldn't hide his surprise.

"Leo, my man!"

Eric Dlomo was a large man with skin the hue of liquorice and a booming voice. Ana watched in pleasure as all three men hugged and caught up.

Finding out the night before that she had this job after all had knocked all equilibrium out of her for a while. It had been humiliating to consider the possibility that it had been the easy way she had fallen into Leo's arms that had secured the position for her. But after that she had gotten pissed -- and fury was far more empowering. She had made up her mind to blow this job out of the water -- in every way.

Eric had partnered up with Leo numerous times in the past. Granted this wasn't a new album that they were working on, but Ana still felt bringing the brilliant music director in would not only speed up productivity, but also fine-tune Leo's twelve-track set and give it a cohesive feel. Hearing his esteemed colleague's name had been enough for Dlomo to gloss over the extremely short notice and agree to be at Moyo Management the next morning.

The other two men looked at her with a new light in their eyes -- not only for coming up with the idea, but for actually pulling it off. There was real respect in Kyle's eyes as he thanked her.

Almost matched by the approval all three expressed when she walked them to the studios occupying the anterior half of the Moyo floor. Thandi made a good bundle renting the studios out to various artists.

It was a good start to the day.

"We've lost a few hours, but we can still get a lot done today," Leo told her. "The guys and I need to go get some stuff -- but we'll get started right after lunch and most likely push through the night. Eric, that should give you enough time to catch up on the basics -- hope you're inspired and ready to go in an hour."

Eric spread his arms wide with a tilt of his head, as if to question the implication that inspiration might elude him.

"I'll be here at five then," Ana told Leo.

He was already pulling his jacket back on. "You don't have to do that."

"Except I do. None of the companies in the building are allowed to leave non-staff members unattended. I'm registered as a temp in case any of my crew needs to be here after hours. I have some errands to run, but will be sure to get back here by closing time. Just call if you need me before then."

Leo was already out the door.

Ana grabbed her bag. Okay, so he clearly had lost all interest in her; he'd been in work mode all morning. Not just working... ignoring her. Whatever had flared between them the day before had died just as swiftly and that was... good. Ana was glad to be focusing on work again.

Her day ended up busy enough to make her believe she preferred this new strictly professional role.

By late afternoon her neck was stiff, her headache unabated -- but she was also proud of how much she had gotten done. Between her past reputation and Thandi's current one, she was able to get in to see music compilers from five major radio stations -- all of whom promised to up Leo's rotation on their playlists immediately. It didn't hurt, of course, that the R&B legend's once-off return had their interest piqued. Once those stations started talking about him, she knew hundreds more would follow.

It was going to feel good to show that she could be trusted in Thandi's absence.

The block was strange to enter without all the high-end suits in it that evening.

The two guards at reception watched her swipe herself in then paid her no mind after that. Ana stared at her reflection in the mirrored elevator on the way up. Cargo pants and a plain t-shirt... Impressive.

Kyle and Eric were in Moyo's main reception area. Eric had a laptop open and headphones plugged in. Kyle was flirting with Laurika, one of Thandi's assistants... who either didn't appreciate the unwanted attention, or was ticked off about still being in the office at 17:03.

"Dankie, Lauri, I'll take it from here," she smiled. "Right, guys, wanna go through?"

Kyle's special smile for Laurika was equally bright when he turned it her way. "Great. Except the star dashed out and isn't back yet."

"Of course I am."

Ana pulled her bag a little tighter against her body as Leo passed her. His hair was tangled as if he'd showered in a rush and then just let it dry on its own. And the jeans he wore were worn and his t-shirt fitted. Nothing special... yet just enough to have her remember that his body interested her far more than it should.

The studio, one of three, was spacious and well equipped. They first walked into the small room preceding the sound booth and set their bags on the centre table. Ana unlocked the booth and led all three men in.

They instantly commenced work in sync.

Eric planted himself behind the control desk and looked right at home next to Kyle who set up his laptop so the rest of his samples could be pumped out the speakers instead of the headphones. They were talking softly with occasional interjections from Leo who was perched on a high stool and scribbling in a thick notebook as he spoke.

Ana wasn't quite sure where to park herself, but figured far away to be her best bet. She headed off to the kitchenette and got coffee going. Then she stepped out onto the small balcony and lit a cigarette. It wouldn't ease the tension headache, but deep pulls of the menthol smoke always relaxed her in ways she couldn't achieve outside of smoking.

And it was a great way to hide.

Coffee, orange juice and her bottle of chocolate milk were lined up on the tray she planted on the table in the room outside Booth One. There was a low couch in this room, some magazines, a filing cabinet and chairs around the table.

Spartan was the word that came to mind, functional.

That room became her second home in the evenings. For three days straight, Ana ran around like a maniac by day and found herself holed up in the dark, cool room each night. They spent the entire balmy Friday there, breaking only for meals and short walks to the balcony. Kyle often buddied up with her on balcony trips. The only time Ana ever saw him serious was when he was dragging on a cigarette of his own. Whatever went through his mind must have been a captivating process because he always crushed his butt with renewed vigour and rushed back inside to push for hours through his immense workload.

Ana watched his latest leap in quiet amusement, sipping her chocolate milk. When she finished, she stretched stiffly then headed back inside.

The guys barely registered her presence once they got going. Kyle, for all his antics and flirtation, was rather impressive once he got focused. All Leo and Eric had to do was lay out a song concept and make basic sounds denoting its rhythm -- and Kyle turned that into... music. Good music. It was a repetitive practice of going over the song a hundred times while adding subtle tweaks with each new round; and, though Ana quickly grew impatient with hearing the same bars again and again, she also had to admit the progressions fascinated her.

Especially watching how dark Leo's eyes got as he wrote and instructed the others.

On occasion, Kyle let the song play out while Eric closed his eyes and bopped his head. At those times Leo stared at something no one else could see, his lips moving as if the song already had lyrics and he was singing quietly along.

Ana watched those lips all of Friday night, remembering their taste -- until his gaze suddenly refocused and flicked to her own each time her stares immobilised even her. Suddenly being seen by him was as paralysing as being kissed by him and all she could do was stare. How did he know when to look her way? Gold would start flowing through the dark intensity of his eyes and she knew exactly what he was thinking.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 18 milliseconds