Medusa: Fate's Game Ch. 06

"I-"

"Shut the fuck up!" the Amazon said. There was the bite Medusa was expecting. Her voice lashed out like a whip, and cracked the air hard enough to make them all freeze solid and their muscles stiffen. A prisoner, but a warrior queen still. "You think you got it bad, hmm? Shot out of the sky by Zeus because you got cocky? Turned on by everyone who trusted you because you were cast down? Boohoo for you, you stupid piece of shit. You treated a gift like it was something you earned, flaunted your power, and when your ego got so big you basically floated your way up to Olympus, Zeus shot you down. Condemned a slave for the rest of your life, and you spend a year in a quarry. Boo. Fucking. Hoo. Get back to me when you've seen a sole person butcher every loved one you've ever had as if they were pigs."

She spat again, into the fire, and then she stared at Darian. Not a tear to be had, but anger so cold it made Medusa's blood run the same. From sexual to death in a single rant. The Amazon was a harsh woman.

"I am sorry though," Otrera said. "About Medusa, and Gallea. By Tartarus I'm even sorry about all the stabbings your giant's taken. Big guy just can't die, can he?"

Darian nodded. "No, he can't. I had to drop a boulder the size of cart on him to beat him."

Otrera smirked. "Useful dog."

"Not a dog," Medusa said. "He volunteered... sort of, when we asssked for his help. And... and he's proven himself a friend!" She nodded, and dug her fingers into Darian's shoulders to try and work through the tension she found there. So close, she could see him glance to her, and then away. His eyes found the fire, but when she moved her head a little closer, he looked away again. "... what's wrong? Is it about Gallea?"

"I... uh... no, it's not about him. Just... it should have been me. Not him." The poor man gestured to Gallea. "I had to make a quick decision, and I saved the big dumb giant."

"... that's why you look so guilty?" she said.

"Yeah, I-"

She put a hand on his mouth, and shook her head.

"Everyone is blaming everyone for everything, and that must ssstop. We're in this together, right?"

"She's right," Pinna said as she wiped away more sweat from her husband's forehead. "I... can't take anymore blame. We-"

Rustling in the night made them all sit up straight. But, a couple clucks of the tongue - their chosen sound for telling each other it was one of them coming - settled their nerves. Chimera stepped into the firelight, and the sack in his hand was full.

"We are in luck," he said. "Gaia has provided."

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 343 milliseconds