My Mystery Mate Ch. 03-05

She squinted in the bright sunlight as she looked up and down the road. The room was in an older motel, in an older town. She could see a strip of mini malls and fast food places off to her right, while on her left was the downtown. She could see the courthouse, post office, VFW... and a Ben Franklin drug store. Perfect. She ignored the heat of the sidewalk on her bare feet as she walked past the rest of the parked cars to the entrance. "Good morning, welcome to Ben Franklin! Can I help you?" Her cat took a sniff, found her to be a werewolf, unmated, not a threat.

She looked at the young woman, thinking quickly. "Yes, my bag was stolen from my boyfriend's car and I need to replace everything- clothes, toiletries, even shoes!" The clerk smiled and led the way to the small clothes section in the back. "You can find a few things here, but for real clothes you need a bigger town. Where are you headed?"

"Back home, my boyfriend took me to visit his family up north." I looked at the racks, there were enough shorts, T-shirts and athletic wear here.

"Oh, are they up in Grand Island?" I nodded. "We don't have much in the way of sexy lingerie, but I guessed your size and we have some basic stuff. There's a changing room back there. Let me know if you need any help."

She grabbed a bunch of stuff and walked back towards the changing room, noting the security camera by the entrance. A few minutes later she had underwear that fit, a T-shirt and cargo shorts that didn't smell like werewolf sweat, tennis shoes and a pile of clothes to take with. She pulled the tags off the clothes she was wearing, then folded Joe's clothes. She found him a pack of boxers, shorts and T-shirt since he didn't appear to have any clothes either. It was strange, why would they be in a hotel without a change of clothes? "Probably a hot one night stand," said her cat, "but you'd think I'd remember it. Heck, as big as that guy is, you'd think we'd still be feeling it." She shook her head, clearly her cat was a slut. Paying cash, she left and headed across the street to the diner.

As she sat down and ordered her meal, she didn't see or hear the clerk who was on the phone back in the drugstore. "It's her, I'm sure it's her. She smells like cat, not wolf, and she was wearing guy's clothes that didn't fit her. Who the hell else could it be?" There was a pause. "Hurry up, she's at the diner but I don't know how long she will be here. No, I don't think she made me. Just get them here."

She spent an hour at the diner, devouring two orders of pancakes along with a plate of bacon, fruit, eggs and pie. Thinking about her sleeping beauty back in the hotel, she ordered a big breakfast platter to go and was soon walking back.

Opening the door to the room, she chuckled as she realized he was still so out of it he didn't even move. "Maybe we wore him out..." Shushing her cat, she set the bag of clothes down next to the television and put the styrofoam container of food by the bed. She had just settled down in the chair with a can of Mountain Dew when her cat alerted to a noise outside. Stilling herself, she listened as a person slowly walked past the room, pausing just past her door then going back the way he came. She gracefully moved to the door and put her ear against it to hear better.

"She's in there, for sure. I smell a werewolf too, not from our pack. Remember what the Alpha said- we bring her in alive and she's worth twice as much as dead. If she resists, do what you have to do. I'd like more guys but this is what we have, so we go in hot and fast before she can react. Everyone ready?" She could hear the sound of guns clearing leather and slides being racked. Looking over at the bed, she hoped he would be all right as she decided what to do.

Ten seconds later, the door burst open and the men moved in, guns up and ready. The first three focused on the lump in the bed, which gave her the chance to pounce. Dropping down from where she had braced herself between the walls by the ceiling, she dropped onto the last man silently. Her right arm locked around his neck while her left palm twisted his head, there was a loud snap and he dropped dead in front of her. She grabbed his silenced pistol as he fell, and before the men could turn and raise their guns there was a "pop pop pop" and the three fell onto the bed and the floor, blood spraying the walls behind them as each round split their skulls.

Joe had woken up when the door was busted open and had rolled off the bed while shifting to his large tan and black wolf. He had been about to tear into a man when he fell dead. His head tilted to the side as he saw his mate standing there with a smoking Glock in her hand.

"Get dressed and grab our stuff, we need to get out of here." She tossed him the car key and walked back out after a quick check of the door. She followed the scent trail of the wolves around the corner of the hotel, where she saw a black SUV idling with the doors open. Moving without noise, she moved up and jumped in the shotgun seat, startling the young wolf who was nervously squeezing the steering wheel. She pointed her pistol at him and he raised his hands up, palms facing her.

"Please, don't shoot, I'm just a driver!" She smelled him as his pissed himself.

"Why did they try to kill me?"

He looked at her, shocked. "You're Black Ker, the Goddess of Violent Death. You killed the Telluride Pack Luna. They have a bounty on your head, a million dollars if brought in alive." She glared at him, and he shrunk back in the corner. "Please, I don't care, I'm too young to die, I haven't even found my mate yet! Please, don't kill me, I won't say a thing!"

She looked at him closely, he was terrified and not a danger. Rotating the pistol in her hand, she struck out quickly, the butt of the pistol smacking his temple and spraying blood over the window. He slumped into the seat, unconscious but alive. She reached into his shirt pocket and took his cellphone, then went back to the room where Joe was already tossing things into the Explorer. He looked like he just woke up, wearing only shorts and sandals, his body flexing in the light. He looked like a Greek god, and in this she and her cat agreed. "Got everything?"

"Yes, I also grabbed their weapons, cellphones and wallets and piled them out of the way. The door won't close, but maybe it will fool someone walking by." He jumped into the drivers seat as she slid in the other side, and immediately he was backing onto the road. As they left town, he looked over at her; she was looking out the window, looking lost and alone.

"Who are you to me, Joe?"

"I'm your mate, I pulled you out of the river and nursed you to health. Who are you, love?"

She looked down at the pistol in her hand, the blood spatter on her arm and shirt, and finally looked at him. "They called me Black Ker, the Goddess of Violent Death."

He took her hand in his. "I know there are men after you, that's why we are on the run. Who are you really?"

She pulled her hand away and looked out the window. "I don't know. I DON'T KNOW!" Tears flowed from her eyes when she looked back. "I can't remember a thing."

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 38 milliseconds