• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Novels and Novellas
  • /
  • New Girl in Town Pt. 15

New Girl in Town Pt. 15

123456...10

Thank you all for your patience while waiting for this chapter to be finished. I will take a few minutes to explain what happened and why the wait was so long. My family emergency was my father being admitted to the hospital unexpectedly. Long days and nights were spent there with him and my mother. He passed away very unexpectedly about a week after being admitted. Plans were to have him home on Sunday but he died on Wednesday. I won't go into anything further with that as most of you probably know, the grieving process is a long one. Just know that I am back and writing now so on to my thanks.

Again Devir Ginator huge thanks for editing this and for your support during this time. It has been unwavering and very much appreciated. Any errors found are mine and mine alone.

Jessica , I have used every word I can think of to try and thank you for all that you did during and after my dad's passing and they still don't seem to be enough. You are the most remarkable person that I know and I am blessed that you are in my life.

To you writers and soon to be writers, I say this, Answer Your Feedback! I did and the most amazing person walked into my life because of it!

This is a long chapter with a lot of volleyball action, some football and sex. Hope you enjoy! Thanks for reading, commenting and voting!

****

"Jake!" Sarah yells out the window as the Golden's SUV pulls into the senior parking lot after school.

Jake gives her a wave as they pull to a stop in the empty space beside him.

"Hey, guys." Jake greets them after pulling his suitcase from the cab of Bobby's truck.

"Ready for your trip?" Marybeth asks after extracting herself from Bobby's arms. He had been standing behind her with his arms draped around hers, sharing the pockets of her jacket while they waited with Jake.

"We should be." Mr. Golden answers. "I just hope we left you enough room in the back for your stuff, Jake. Sarah insisted on bringing her new telescope along to show her grandma."

"And my 'stronme book too!" Sarah announces as she holds it up for Bobby and Marybeth to see.

"Nice!" Marybeth enthuses. "Has Jake and Jess been helping you look at stars?"

"Uh huh!" She answers. "We took it out to the drive-in last week and it was awesome!"

"Tell Marybeth and Bobby thank you for that red flashlight they got for you." Dr. Golden prompts Sarah.

"Thank you! It was so cool and made everything red!" She tells them.

"You are very welcome, sweetie." Marybeth smiles.

"You really enjoy the old drive in, huh?" Bobby asks.

"I think that she's thanked them a hundred times so far for taking her up there." Mr. Golden jokes.

"Thanks, Jake," Sarah says with a mischievous giggle.

"You're welcome again, Sarah." Jake chuckles as he plays Tetris with the luggage until his case fits in.

"A hundred and one." Mr. Golden corrects.

"Are you excited to head back home, Sarah?" Bobby asks.

"This is home, silly." Sarah answers.

"Yeah, silly." Marybeth giggles as she gives Bobby a playful shove.

"I mean your first home. Or to see your grandma?" Bobby corrects.

"Grandma makes me cookies when I visit. I'm really excited for those!" Sarah shares.

"Cookies?" Marybeth asks. "Do you have room for one more then?"

"We do but when we pick up Jess, you'll have to sit on Jake's lap," Sarah tells her.

Marybeth giggles. "I doubt your sis would appreciate me sitting on Jake's lap, Sarah, but thanks for the offer."

"We'll bring you back some cookies." Dr. Golden shares from behind the wheel.

"Thank you, Dr. Golden. I'd appreciate that." Bobby says.

"Depending on when the cookies are baked, you might get them tomorrow night, Bobby," Marybeth tells him. "The school has chartered a couple of buses to go down to the playoffs both tonight and tomorrow."

"That's why Shelly, Jody, Staci and the rest aren't here to see Jake off. They're all getting on one of the buses to head down to tonight's game. We'll be coming down with them tomorrow provided Jess and the team makes it to the championship game. Not that I doubt them but I've been warned not to jinx things." Bobby tells them.

"The school chartered buses to the games?" Mr. Golden asks.

"We take our sports teams very seriously if you hadn't noticed that by now, sir," Jake says after closing the hatch.

"I have but I thought this was a football town." He answers.

"This is a whoever is about to bring home a championship town, Mr. Golden," Bobby says. "Believe me, if our chess club was about to bring home a trophy, they'd have buses for them too."

"Bobby's not wrong. We had a big pep rally for the volleyball team right before they left on their bus. They usually reserve those for the football or basketball teams but Jess and the team are just too good to ignore." Marybeth informs him. "The band has a concert or they would be joining the cheerleaders in going. We would go both nights but I'm working tonight."

"Jake, if you want to ride down on the bus with your friends, we could take your suitcase with us and then meet up at the game." Dr. Golden suggests.

Jake shakes his head. "And miss out on some quality time with my Sar-bear? Not a chance."

"Yeah!" Sarah agrees, her new astronomy book perched on her lap. "Jake's gonna read to me the whole trip down!"

"Jake Gibson, book narrator. Have fun, bud." Bobby chuckles.

"Keep that up and I won't make that sausage stuffing that you scarf down every year." Jake jokes.

"Dude, you love me. You wouldn't leave me hanging like that would you?" Bobby asks.

"Ugh, I guess if you're going to give me puppy dog eyes, I have to make it. Or at least have mom make it since I won't be here for Thanksgiving." Jake tells him as he climbs into the back of the SUV beside Sarah.

"Sausage stuffing you say, Jake? You wouldn't happen to want to make some of that for our Thanksgiving meal would you?" Mr. Golden asks.

"Tim, Jake is our guest. He doesn't have to cook." Dr. Golden scolds him then turns to Jake. "You don't have to cook, Jake."

"If your mother can spare the room in the kitchen, I'd love to make it for you guys," Jake tells them. "It's no trouble."

"And I'll help." Sarah volunteers.

"Now it's going to be trouble." Mr. Golden says and everyone laughs.

"I'll text you when they win so you can plan on coming down tomorrow," Jake tells Bobby and Marybeth as he buckles in.

"Save us some good seats. I've got a feeling that we'll definitely be coming down." Bobby instructs him with a wink.

"Seats where Jess can hear us yelling for her," Marybeth adds.

"We'll see what we can do." Jake answers.

"Have a good trip and give Jess our best," Marybeth tells them.

"We will and thank you." Mr. Golden tells them. "We'll be looking for you tomorrow night."

"We'll definitely be there." Bobby answers. "Especially if Sarah's going to share her cookies with us."

"We'll see!" Sarah laughs.

****

As the team bus passes Mocksville, Caitlyn gives Jessica's arm a nudge. Jessica looks over as she pulls out her earbuds.

"What's up?" She asks looking out the window behind Caitlyn. "Am I missing a great view or something?"

"Nah, just passing another Walmart." Caitlyn answers. "I'm just bored."

"Want to listen to my music with me?" Jessica suggests offering her an earbud.

"How about we chat instead?" Tabitha suggests as she turns to look at the pair.

"Yes, I need to hear what in the world possessed you to take Jake under the bleachers and ravish him!" Tonya adds turning around like her sister.

"How many times do I have to explain that?" Jessica asks blushing.

"Until it stops being hot." Tonya answers.

"So an infinite number of times to my sister's brain." Tabitha giggles.

"Oh like you haven't gotten yourself off thinking about it, too!" Tonya argues. "Our house has thin walls, sis!"

"Jesus, you two, talk about TMI!" Caitlyn speaks up.

"Well, it's true." Tonya states.

"You don't have to blab it though!" Tabitha argues, her face beet red.

"Ladies, is everything all right back there?" Coach Morrison asks looking back over the seats.

"Yes, coach." the quartet answers in unison.

"Teamwork. I like it." Coach Morrison laughs then turns back to her paperwork.

Kenyetta moves from her seat to an empty one across the aisle from Jessica and Caitlyn.

"What are y'all talking about and why is Tabby so red? What did you do, Tonya?" She asks.

"Why do I have to be the one that did anything?" Tonya asks.

"Because you're the one that always does something," Wendy answers with a giggle as she leans in.

The other girls all nod and giggle right along with her.

"Fine but Jessica is still answering the question." Tonya states.

"What question?" Kenyetta asks wanting to get caught up.

"Why she and Jake were about to get all kinds of naked under the bleachers at our last game." Tonya answers.

"Again." Caitlyn chimes in.

"Again?" Wendy asks. "You and Jake have done it under the bleachers more than once? Damn girl!"

"We haven't!" Jessica emphatically states.

"I meant that she was explaining it again because Tonya can't hear about it enough." Caitlyn corrects.

"Oh, I was about to say." Kenyetta nods.

"Jess?" Tonya prompts.

"I was just thanking him for taking care of my ankle and things got a bit out of hand," Jessica tells them.

"More like in hand." Tonya giggles.

"Mmm, I'll say." Tabitha agrees thinking back to seeing Jessica stroking Jake through his jeans.

"Could you two control yourselves?" Caitlyn scolds the sisters.

"The reason things got out of hand is because Jake kisses really good and ever since that weekend we had, I get really... um... amped up after a win," Jessica explains.

"She means that she gets horny after we win." Tonya giggles. "If Jake was rubbing on me during and after games, I'd be horny win, lose or draw."

"Anyone want to trade rooms with me tonight? I don't want to hear my sister taking care of her needs." Tabitha asks.

"You sound pretty confident about us moving on to the championship game, Tabby." Kenyetta comments.

"Didn't you hear Principal Owen at the pep rally. Jessica here is going to lead us to the state title." Tonya says.

"He shouldn't have said that," Jessica says. "We're a team and we win or lose as a team. You guys were great before I even got here."

"Miss All-State here is a paragon of modesty even after being selected for the team three times already." Caitlyn laughs.

"You were!" Jessica insists.

"Jess, we didn't even make the state playoffs last year," Tabitha tells her.

"You missed them by one game, Tab and that was because your captain went down with an ankle injury just before the game," Jessica says.

"And this year you came along and not only are we in the playoffs but we're the second-ranked team in the state with a bye in the first round," Tabitha says.

"While you may not believe that you're the reason we're in the playoffs, you had better believe that you coming along helped us all elevate our games to the next level," Caitlyn tells her.

"You did that." Tabitha agrees. "Without practicing with and against you, I wouldn't have made the All-State team with you."

"Guys, we have to stop embarrassing Jess. She's turning all red." Caitlyn says then looks at Tabitha. "You can bunk with me since my travel buddy here is going to her grandma's house after the game."

"Thanks, Caitlyn." Tabitha nods.

"To have crazy wild sex with her man after we win. You have to tell us all about it when we get back to school, you realize this don't you?" Tonya asks with a giggle.

Jessica shakes her head as the rest all laugh. Coach Morrison looks back and considers heading back to see what is going on but decides that if they're laughing, they're relaxed and a relaxed team has better odds of winning.

****

After an hour on the road, Dr. Golden glances in the rearview mirror at Jake. His reading tapered off a few miles back and she was curious if he and Sarah both fell asleep, but her glance showed him leaning back and looking out his window.

"Are you doing okay back there, Jake?" She asks as she slows for traffic.

"Yes, ma'am," Jake answers quietly. "Sarah passed out a few minutes ago. I guess my reading leaves something to be desired."

"This is her usual nap time, Jake. It's got nothing to do with your reading prowess." Dr. Golden tells him.

"Jake, I showed some of my colleagues at the firm your mockups of the drive-in. I also sent along a copy of your report on its history. They were very impressed by how exhaustive your research into the history of it went and how your design mixed the classic style of the original place with new ideas to bring it up with the times." Mr. Golden tells him.

"I'm glad that I didn't let you down, sir," Jake tells him.

"You don't have to worry about that." Mr. Golden assures him. "I don't want you to think that I'm trying to push you towards architecture, Jake, but you do show a lot of talent for the design aspect of it."

"Thank you, Mr. Golden. I am intrigued by the idea of getting into the design aspect. I hadn't really thought a lot about what I wanted to study in college but architecture would allow me to continue to draw. It was really fun working up ideas about the drive in." Jake tells him.

"If you enjoyed that, I may have you take a run at the new marina we're working on. Get your ideas on that since our client keeps changing his mind." Mr. Golden says.

"Tim, let's let Jake concentrate on his school work and not on trying to figure out how to appease Buck Greene." Dr. Golden tells him then looks at Jake. "And you don't have to decide anything during this car ride, Jake. Is there anything that you'd like to know before we get to my mother's place?"

"What should I call her? Other than ma'am, I mean." He asks.

"You can call her Mrs. Keifer until she tells you otherwise. Jess and Sarah both call her Grammy and I figure that you will be too by the time we sit down for Thanksgiving." Dr. Golden tells him. "She's very protective over both Jess and Sarah but once she sees how you are with them both, you won't have any problems."

"I hope that I don't. I'd hate to let Jess down." Jake says.

"Something else that I can't ever see you having to worry about." Mr. Golden laughs.

"It's good to have a little worried at times," Jake says with a smile. He turns back to look at the passing scenery and soon is lulled to sleep by the rhythm of the ride.

****

Coach Yates waves Coach Pennington into his office as the team is dressing for practice.

"Remind me why Jake isn't going to be here for the next couple of practices?" He asks Pennington after he closes the door.

"He's gone to the volleyball tournament. It's the state finals and his girlfriend Jessica plays." Pennington states. "Jake told you about this last week."

"He did and I told him that if he no-shows at practice, he's not playing this week," Yates states.

"Well I saw him riding off with Jessica's family just before practice so, as much as Jake likes playing football, that threat didn't keep him from going to support Jessica but that's not really surprising," Pennington informs him.

"It's not, huh?" Yates asks.

"Jake's told me on plenty of occasions that his future isn't in football. He's been a back up most of his high school career and even though he's killed it in the games he has got in, colleges don't recruit backups. He knows this." Pennington explains. "Doesn't mean that we don't need him if we want to win the state championship, though."

"At least he took his damn playbook for all the good that does him. Damn kid plays by the seat of his pants no matter how I coach him." Yates complains halfheartedly.

"Is that why you keep him over with me and the defense because he doesn't listen?" Pennington asks.

"I keep him with you guys because the saying Defense wins championships is a saying for a reason. I need them to play against the best we can throw at them so your defense can win us States again this year." Yates explains then laughs. "And because he listens to you a hell of a lot more than he does to me."

"It helps that I have him for art." Pennington laughs. "He has to listen to me there."

"And yet I'll bet that he still does his own thing though, doesn't he? Admit it." Yates chuckles.

Pennington laughs. "He has been known to stretch the boundaries of an assignment now and again but he gets results."

"There and on the field, too." Yates nods. "I should start him for this playoff run with what he's shown us, but I owe Patrick a chance to get out of this slump he's in and the penalty for missing practices is pretty clear. I hope our defense is up to winning a game for us. I think that they might have to if Greene keeps playing like he has been."

****

"We're here!" Dr. Golden announces as she pulls into the parking lot of The Belk Gymnasium on the campus of UNC Charlotte.

"This place is bigger than I thought it would be." Jake comments.

He had been keeping Sarah occupied by thumb wrestling with her since she woke him up.

"They renovated it a few months back." Mr. Golden tells him.

"It hosted the state finals for volleyball Jess's sophomore year. It's a great facility." Dr. Golden tells him.

"Kind of a home game for Jessica's old school." Jake remarks as a large group of teens decked out in the red and white of Jessica's old school walk by.

"It is a bit of one but then they do want to sell as many tickets as possible." Mr. Golden answers. "Harris High made it in this year and they're South Palisades cross-town rival. South Palisades is Jess's..."

"Old high school," Jake says. "She told me all about the Paladins a while back."

"I like Wildcats better!" Sarah jumps in.

"Me, too." Jake laughs as he helps her hop down from her seat.

"Sarah, take my hand and don't run off." Mr. Golden announces as he goes around to collect her.

"I've already got Jake's," Sarah tells him.

"Of course you do. Why would I ever think otherwise." Mr. Golden states with a laugh.

"Keep hold of Jake's hand and don't run when you see Grammy. She's supposed to meet up with us at the ticket counter and I don't want you running in front of a car." Dr. Golden tells Sarah.

"Okay, I won't run," Sarah promises.

The group walks towards the steadily filling gymnasium until Dr. Golden spots her mother standing off to the side.

"Mom!" She calls out as she waves towards a tall, older woman with silver-blonde hair.

The woman smiles and waves back. The woman is slightly shorter than Jessica is and Jake can see that Jessica gets a lot of her features from her mom's side of the family save for her blue eyes.

"That's my Grammy," Sarah informs Jake as she tugs him along towards the lady. "Hey, Grammy!"

Since they're safely on the sidewalk Jake lets go of Sarah's hand so she can greet her grandmother with a hug.

"There's my little Sarah!" Mrs. Keifer says as she lifts Sarah into her arms giving her a hug and kisses.

Sarah squirms and giggles under the attention while returning the kisses.

"Mom, this is Jessica's boyfriend Jake." Dr. Golden introduces him. "Jake, this is my mom, Mrs. Keifer."

"Very nice to meet you, ma'am," Jake says offering his hand.

She looks down at it for a moment before shaking it briefly.

"The football player, correct? Don't you have a practice you should be at?" She asks.

"He's here for the volleyball game," Sarah tells her then unzips her jacket to show her. "See. We match."

Sarah and Jake are both wearing a blue t-shirt that depicts a wildcat paw, claws extended, swatting a volleyball with the words Wildcat Volleyball on it. The paw, ball, speed lines and words are all colored burnt orange.

"I see that." She answers. "Did you bring your Grammy one, sweetie?"

Sarah nods and points towards her mom. "It's in mom's suitcase."

123456...10
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Novels and Novellas
  • /
  • New Girl in Town Pt. 15

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 59 milliseconds