Orc Dominion: Rebellion Ch. 10

"Another Duchess of Braden coming to see the Queen? You'd best hope for your sake she's the real one this time; the Queen isn't in the mood for another fake." The softer human voice was a welcome change after weeks living among orcs and rough men. When a familiar face appeared from inside the tent, Susannah's heart leapt.

"Daniels? Is it truly you?"

Daniels did a double take at the sight of her. "L-lady Welton? It's really you! Are you alright? What happened?"

"It's a long story. Please, take me to the Queen, I'd really rather only tell it once."

Daniels led Susannah into the tent, followed by Tristan, Rothok, and the squad of guards who had surrounded them.

The Queen was in the center of the tent, standing over a large map. Susannah let out a startled giggle at the sight of Jeanette wearing pants. She's like me, she thought. But the similarities ended there. Jeanette wore a leather breastplate, which looked even stranger to Susannah than the pants. The Queen also had a sword at her side, and her long black hair was undone and flowing freely around her shoulders.

Jeanette looked up when the trio entered, her face lighting up. After just a moment though, the joy in her eyes faded as she got a better look at her friend. "Susannah! Are you alright? What's happened to you?" Jeanette's eyes drifted down to the Duchess' swollen, pregnant belly.

"I'm alright Your Highness, I am, truly." Susannah gave Jeanette a weak smile and clutched her stomach. "This is Bodak's child, the next Duke of Braden."

A smile formed on Jeanette's lips in spite of herself. "Oh Susannah, after all this time? I'm so sorry that...that it happened like this." Jeanette came around the table to embrace Susannah, holding her tightly.

Rothok bristled and stepped forward. "I have brought her to you, Queen Jeanette. I have claimed Bodak's mate, and I shall be the next Duke of Braden."

Tristan snarled and pushed forward as well. "I am the one who rescued her from the King of Heste, and who has protected her all these long months. Your Highness, Rothok joined us less than a week ago. I am the one who has kept her safe this whole time. Tell her, Susannah!"

The Queen's eyes narrowed at Tristan's familiarity. "It doesn't look like either of you took much care of the Duchess of Braden." Jeanette looked over Susannah again. Her friend's once rich brown hair was dry and brittle. Despite her pregnancy it looked like she had actually lost weight, and deep bags had formed beneath the Duchess' haunted eyes. "Tell me, Susannah. Tell me the truth of it."

When Susannah looked to Tristan and Rothok, Jeanette cut in again. "Leave us. Escort them from the tent."

Rothok stood up straighter as if to resist while Tristan wisely slinked from the tent. As the remaining guards surrounded him, the orc gave Susannah a bitter glare and backed down, exiting the tent as well. The tension seeped out of her shoulders when they did, and she leaned against the Queen and wrapped her arms around Jeanette.

"Shh, there Susannah. It's alright now, you're back with me. It's alright now. You have nothing to fear, it's all over. Tell me what's happened to you."

When Susannah was done telling her tale, Jeanette's face had turned ashen. The guilt which had been tying her insides in knots because of her treatment by Bodak became a dagger through the heart from the cruelty that followed. She could scarce believe it, she didn't want to believe it.

"Please, do not be too hard on Tristan, Your Highness. He loves me, and was just doing what's best. He was keeping the peace, keeping me safe until we could get to safety.

"Bring me Tristan and Rothok. Now." The cool sharpness in her voice could have cut a diamond, and sent Daniels rushing to bring the two men back into the tent. Tristan returned looking abashed, and well aware of the danger he was in. Rothok swaggered in, looking every bit as arrogant as before.

"Baron Rothok of Cuthden. Please, explain to me how you feel it is appropriate to rape the Duchess of Braden, the wife of your liege lord?"

A dismissive sneer curled on his lips as the Queen addressed him. "I do not have to explain myself to the wife of the chief. Where is my King, Turogg? He will know the truth of it. Brother or no, Bodak is dead. The strongest will claim his mate and lands, as has always been the case."

"My beloved husband is hunting down the rebels in Zentara. I am in command here." Jeanette's voice had lost none of its edge. If anything, it had grown even colder in the face of Rothok's defiance. Rothok snorted in derision, but before he could say another word one of the guards slammed the back of his leg with the butt of his axe, sending him to his knees.

"Kneel before the War Queen, dog! You will speak to her with respect!"

"Respect? She is just the mate of Turogg, she is nothing! She is no War Queen!" Rothok snarled angrily, but as he tried to rise he found himself held firmly by the other orcs. He spluttered in disbelief as the common orc soldiers held him down at the words of a woman.

Jeanette walked around the table to stand before the orc. "I have led this army in war. I have fought beside them, sweeping away the Hestens while you skulked about in forests raping your Duchess." Jeanette gripped the pommel of Peace Bringer so tightly her knuckles turned white. "But I am not unmindful of your leadership, and the bravery it took to continue the fight after the army was defeated-"

"I do not have to listen to this mewling kitten teach me about war! From now on I will only speak to Turogg. He will shut your whore's mouth as surely as I shut he-" Rothok's words drowned in blood as his eyes widened in shock.

Jeanette stare down at him, jaw clenched tight as she wiped his blood of the blade of her sword. Rothok fell back and then collapsed onto the floor, his eyes still open even as they saw only darkness. "You heard his treason with your own ears. Now, Tristan, what do you have to say for yourself?"

"Please Jeanette, don't hurt him!" Susannah pleaded for Tristan passionately. After seeing Jeanette coolly slay an orc, she felt like she didn't know who the Queen was anymore, or what she was capable of and was desperately afraid of what that could mean for Tristan. This isn't how this was supposed to go. She was finally safe! She could be with Tristan and deliver her baby in comfort. Now it seemed like she would lose something for everything she gained.

"You hear her, my Queen. I love her, and she loves me. What I did, I did to maintain order among the men and keep her safe until we rejoined the army."

"So you whored her out in order to keep her safe?"

"It wasn't like that, Jeanette, really!" Susannah tearfully interjected.

"Truly my Queen, it wasn't. I care for her, I only did what needed to be done to get by."

"I love her. She loves me. I care for her. I only did what I had to do. Do you expect me to believe that? You sound like every two bit pimp and panderer who ever worked a corner in Ruar. Do you think I haven't heard that before? I've seen the whore mongers profess undying love while sending their girls out to be beaten. Oh no, don't think for a moment you'll be forgiven for what you've done to my Susannah. Guards! Clap him in irons!"

Manacles of dark iron were clapped around his wrists as Susannah wailed. A dark cloud passed over Tristan's face as he was dragged away. Jeanette sheathed Peace Bringer and turned to Susannah, pulling the Duchess into an embrace once more.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 27 milliseconds