• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Loving Wives
  • /
  • Overwatch
  • /
  • Page ⁨6⁩

Overwatch

I was whisked off for a barrage of tests. Testing my eyesight was fun. I could only grunt so the doctor had to offer me a series of alternate answers until he got the right one. He eventually established that I was suffering blurriness in my left but my right was O.K. He told me it was probably just swelling pressing on the nerve and it should clear up in time. Everything else seemed as good as could be expected. The terrorists hid weapons and ammunition in the sewers and the wounds could become very badly infected. So they would keep me on broad spectrum anti-biotics for a while.

The porter who wheeled me back to my room was a guy I had worked with. I knew he was connected. In other words he knew people who might not look kindly on my membership of the security forces.

"Well, Drew, I never thought we'd meet again like this. Serves you right for trustin' those proddy bastards."

He laughed.

"Although, since you were shootin' at them I suppose you didn't trust them. The word is that you hit one. Didn't kill him though. They shoved a steel rod through the wound and dropped him off at the Ulster Hospital and he made out it was industrial. Hope it fuckin' hurt. You've nothin' to worry about by the way. I know yer straight so you'll be left in peace. Ye'll be in the secure ward anyway till yer moved to the military hospital."

That was as near a guarantee of safety as you were ever going to get. I will admit it was a big load off my mind. I wasn't as naïve as to believe that the reason I was in hospital could be kept secret.

Jean, my Mum and Dad, and Jean's parents were all waiting for me when I got back to my room. Jean's eyes were red and swollen, and her hair was a mess. My Mum and Jean's mum looked like they had been crying too. John and my Dad were looking very relieved. They also seemed to have a bit of a swagger about them.

Everyone started to talk at once. They seemed quite pleased I was still alive. Dad gave me a hard time because he always said only stupid people did brave things, but I think under it all he was proud I stood up to be counted when it mattered. Me, I just felt sore.

After a short time everyone went outside except Jean. I felt wary with her but I couldn't speak. It was just as well. I might have put my foot in it. What she had to say came as a shock as big as getting a bullet in the jaw.

"Drew, there's a couple of things you need to know. I know I should have spoken to you earlier but things happened that forced my hand."

My heart monitor gave me away. Jean flapped. The nurse rushed in to check and increased the medication. When she left Jean continued. I couldn't stop her.

"Last month I applied to go back to the Civil Service. I stopped working for Michael and the party on Friday and handed back the car. I had to; we're going to have a baby."

Where do those fucking birds come from?

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Loving Wives
  • /
  • Overwatch
  • /
  • Page ⁨6⁩

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 97 milliseconds