Project Phoenix Ch. 07

"Zhorne" the Ningini answered. Zimms smiled wider.

"I'm Nate." The Ningini returned the smile.

They looked at each other for a moment longer before stepping through the nano wall in search of The Captain.

Recovery, Sick Bay

Nate and Zhorne found Dex in one of the recovery rooms. Mitch was lying on a hover bed, motionless and white as a ghost. But what was unmistakable was Mitch's enormously round belly that raised the sheet above him. Dex was holding his hand and panting.

Nate gasped when he saw the scene and covered his mouth with his hand.

"Oh my god Dex! What happened? Is Mitch pregnant?!" Nate's eyes were wide and he approached the hover bed. There was a white tube in the corner of Mitch's mouth that was vibrating slightly. Machines near the bed were humming and beeping slowly.

"Dex? Dex are you ok? What's going on with Mitch?" Nate questioned again. Dex seemed to be in a trance. His eyes were glued on Mitch's face while he rocked from side to side.

"Dex honey, tell me what happened?" Nate peered into Dex's eyes trying to find any sign of recognition.

Dex turned his eyes to Nate. The tears kept flowing and the muscles in his jaw were twitching.

"Dex?" Nate touched his check and caressed it slightly. The Ningini, Zhorne, hissed slightly at this.

"He's in a coma." Dex said so quietly that Nate wouldn't have known he had spoken if he hadn't been looking Dex in the face.

"We found out he was pregnant, but the baby was dying. They decided to JUMP the pregnancy. I shouldn't have let Mitch risk himself. I was so selfish." Dex said just as quiet. Nate was shocked by the news but stayed silent.

"The JUMP went well, but whatever those fucking thugs shot us with thinned his blood. He started bleeding out."

"Is he going to wake up?" Nat asked cautiously. Dex let out a sob and dropped his head. "I don't know. He lost a lot of blood. It's Kay all over again." Dex's legs started to give out and he started to collapse.

"Zhorne help me!" Nate called to the Nigini. Zhorne caught Dex on his way down and placed him in a nearby chair.

"Nate he can't die! He can't!" Dex was screaming and crying hysterically.

"Dex! Listen I know this is horrible for you, but they're here. The ERDS. We need you." Nate tried to talk over Dex's scream. At the mention of the ERDS, Dex quieted and looked at Nate. His eyes were empty and red.

"They're here?" Dex asked Nate.

"Yes. And we need you to lead us. They'll kill Mitch and all of us if we don't do something." Nate placed his hand on his own rounded stomach.

Dex shook his hand and stood up on shaky legs. He crossed to where Mitch lay and kissed him gently on the forehead.

"I'll be back. I love you." There was a fire is Dex's eyes. Those men had done this to Mitch. And they were going to pay.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 394 milliseconds