Pure Moonlight Ch. 13

Between them they were carrying a thick metal table. They stepped through the circle of torches and placed the table next to Alamihr, still looking through the big dusty tome on the lectern. "Set it up," he commanded distractedly, flapping his hand in the direction of the table. No one was paying any attention to her, but Ally knew that it made no difference; she wasn't escaping by herself. She knew it was only a matter of time before her part in his plans came up, and she was sure she would not live through it.

Hysteria bubbled inside. I don't want to die, she wailed to herself. It struck her that she was being rather weak and pathetic, but she felt justified given her position.

The strong part of her mind took over, telling her to get a grip and stop being so pathetic.

The creatures pulled out a black box and unloaded the contents onto the table. There was a small cauldron about the size of her two fists. They set it up on a stand and started a fire beneath it. Obscurely she thought of how cliché it all was.

The damsel in distress bound on an altar for some demonic sacrifice, a dark figure from her past bent on destroying her, bubbling cauldrons, horrible little minions and mystical creatures. The little bubble of hysteria popped and a giggle escaped her lips. The second one died in her throat as she realised what was missing; the knight in shining armour. The one who would swoop down, slay the beast and rescue the damsel before riding off into the sunset with her for their happily ever after.

He wasn't coming, she realised as a single tear fell from her cheek. He wasn't coming and it was her fault. The fight left her body as her heart ached and broke silently.

~~~

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 180 milliseconds