• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Illustrated
  • /
  • Queen Amethyst

Queen Amethyst

Hail and well met good citizens. Sire Squire Amethyst was a player in the Kingdom of Avalon several years ago. She and her husband were always looking for a good story line. In fact most story lines at the time were generated by them. Most of the rest of us just showed up to be entertained or to fight. They used to run with stories that the rest of us neither understood nor really cared about. She made us want to follow these stories; want to know how they came out and what happened. Her stories ranged from having Mollo's love child to proving that her husband was in fact Scottish and not the Englishmen he was always purported to be.

Amethyst had the heart of a lion. The battles she fought were the stuff legends are made of. At the height of her power she had locked horns with everyone in the game. She was a squire for quite some time. Her husband was as well. One of my first events her husbands Knight had taken a mundane job in California and was forced to move. She seemed to have almost a boundless energy.

She was one of the first women to ever don heavy steel fighting gear. She was never a fighter and consequently didn't do that well but she tried. She fought several duels with Sir Stephan. Winning some, losing some, but all in all having a grand time doing it.

I remember her best as she became Queen. For at the time the Mist had just left us and we all sat in a circle deciding what to do. Sir Mandor took the reins and became our regent. He set up the following crown war that saw Amethyst and Mykor ascend the throne. Amethyst was not at her best that day as she saw her dream ripped from her. For like us all she wanted to bask in the respect of her peers.

We slowly rebuilt our image and emerged the stronger for it. Chivalry was at its best under her. I credit her with having taught me about duty and binding me to the dream. She slogged on through a myriad of problems. She worked out the mess that was the current rolls and points of Avalon. She set us up with demos, wars, collegiums, and schools of instruction in etiquette. She made the game fun, something we all wanted to be a part of.

The stress of the position proved to be too much for her to take. Despite all the love that we as a kingdom could send her she slowly eroded before our eyes. Her marriage, her dream, her joy came to an unhappy end. At one point she even left the throne vacant to play a serving wench for a day.

I remember how we all agonized for her. She was a force to be reckoned with and we all vied for her approval. Back then there were very few knights, and it was almost a contest to see who would make it first. She watched over us like a mother hen. Picked us up when we fell, saluted us when we triumphed. It was for her approval we strove and her adoration we fought.

I can remember a tournament where sixteen of us vied to become her guard. We had to prove that we were good and strong, followed orders and new etiquette. I remember the outright joy with which we did each other dirt to obtain the position. Sixteen became twelve and twelve became eight. From eight to the final four and then the final selection of her guard.

One of her greatest attributes was her attitude. She made us all want to protect her. And she was strong enough to let us try. But under that willingness to be protected there ran steel. She dealt with problems using an iron fist.

I heard this week from her Grace Desirae that Amethyst is moving out of state. She has even gone so far as to sell her crown. This is a picture of it, a piece of her that we can always remember. I had always hoped that she would make another appearance so that we could show her this shining beacon that is Avalon.

Lisa you will be missed but not forgotten. At campfires we tell tales of you. In our hearts we hold ourselves to the standard you set.

We love you and wish you well.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Illustrated
  • /
  • Queen Amethyst

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 25 milliseconds