Raising Alex Ch. 04

Sleeping on the couch had taken its toll on her body and her back and legs were incredibly sore. Mitch was a good 5 inches taller than her so he must have been suffering too. After taking a quick shower, she crashed face first onto her bed.

She couldn't wipe the goofy grin off of her face if her life depended on it. She'd meant to get up, put her night clothes on, and wrap her hair, but she'd fallen asleep and only managed to get underneath her down comforter. It wasn't until she was awakened by a shrill ringing sound that even she'd realized it.

It was definitely still dark outside so it wasn't her alarm, and all of her friends and family had different ring tones so if it was her phone it must have been a number she didn't know. Dragging herself out of bed she searched in the dark for the offending sound, finally pulling it out of her purse. She squinted at the number, one she definitely didn't recognize but the area code was her home town so she felt she had to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Jamie...?" the voice shaky and strained.

"Campbell? Are you okay? Is something wrong? Where are you?" Jamie was panicked. The sound of her foster brother's voice, laced with fear, took the sleep right out of her eyes. Campbell was usually so stoic, even as a baby he'd hardly ever cried, but Jamie could hear the barely held back tears in his voice.

"It's...it's, Miss Davis. She's in the hospital."

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 425 milliseconds