• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Reviews & Essays
  • /
  • Random Thoughts Late at Night

Random Thoughts Late at Night

No real story this time, just a series of random thoughts about my writing, my philosophies of life, and my reaction to the comments made on this site. I warn you these are just what the title says, some random thoughts about life, people and this web site.

I hope this essay is entertaining and gives my "fans" or those that follow my writing a better insight into me and my work. I'm just enough of an ego manic that my enjoyment comes from putting these random thoughts on this page. By the way this is being typed late at night after a great steak and more than one glass of Gentleman Jack.

First let me say that I firmly believe that my computer is the spawn of the devil sent into my life to torment and torture me until I run screaming to my gun safe, grab my .357 and shoot myself in the head. It is a diabolical creature that has wormed its way into my brain and my life and won't let me go. It's more addicting that alcohol, nicotine, and most drugs. This beast should be destroyed.

I've been a registered member of this site since Dec. of 2007. My decision to write and post stories beginning in late April 2009 can be blamed on about a dozen of the authors on this sight that I enjoy. They inspired me to try my hand at writing. If you need to place blame on anyone for having to endure my ramblings they are the ones responsible.

My major inspiration is a talented English author whose stories are some of the best on the site, in my humble opinion. It's a damn shame that he had stopped posting on Literotica because of comments posted by some assholes. He got tired of the attacks against him personally and chucked it in. The web site is poorer for his leaving. I and I'm sure, other readers have followed him to another site so that we can continue to enjoy his talent.

One of the other authors I follow in writing about the comments put it best, I think. He explained that he realized that he couldn't please everyone so he writes for a target audience of one; himself. I follow in his footsteps concerning my poor efforts.

I would like to say a word about the comments concerning the stories posted on this site. I guess any of us who post stories here should be flattered that anybody would read our work and I suppose we should be even more flattered that anyone would take the time to comment on that work. And I am.

But one of things that bother me about the comments on this site is that the hate Nazis can post their drivel without having to be responsible for their actions. I believe they should have the "guts" to provide at least an email so authors can respond and rebut their rants. Never the less I appreciate the fact that I pissed them off enough to make them comment in the first place.

I don't mind constructive criticism anonymous or otherwise or even negative comments as long as they concern the story itself; such as technical improvements. Being a relatively new writer I can use all the help I can get. There is always room for improvement concerning a plot line, or character development, or story flow. But attacks against me or my characters are uncalled for.

No matter what or how I develop a plot or story, someone isn't going to like it. That's okay; you can't please all the people all the time. However instead of attacking me or telling me how a character should act; talk to me about how to improve the story and what you didn't like about it. My characters don't always react like a real person would. Normally they are stronger or weaker, more controlled or less controlled, and smarter or dumber than people in real life and behave accordingly.

So all you haters out there remember this, IT IS JUST A STORY.

You will see that with the exception of my first 5 or 6 stories there are no cheating or slut wives in my work. Also if you have read or will read any or all of my stories you will find that most of them a happy ending or at least not a really sad one. And if you don't like this type of ending for stories, then I suggest you exercise the ultimate form of censorship and quit reading my stories. Why would you continue to read stories or an author that you don't like?

You will also find that most if not all of my characters believe that they are responsible for their own actions and the consequences. This is a philosophy that I live by. I know, not politically correct, but then again I've never been considered politically correct. If everyone believed and followed that creed our lives and our country would be in much better shape.

Okay enough venting; on with my random thoughts. Again this is just a few thoughts, beliefs, and theories that I believe and have or will incorporate in my stories. Some are my own and some I've read or heard somewhere. If you've made it this far without turning off your computer in disgust, THANK YOU. And if you decide to continue, a big double THANK YOU.

Again, I'm enough of an ego maniac that I think people will find my rants entertaining. Hope I'm right.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence; that is until you have to mow it.

There are some people in this world that are a total waste of space and resources. They should be dealt with as you would any parasite or virus and destroyed for the good of society. These same people are a great argument for post natal birth control.

This is an old one but still true: If something looks too good to be true, it probably is.

At least once in your life you will run into someone that you shouldn't fuck with. The trick is to recognize these people and don't fuck with them.

After many years of getting angry over things people do or say I'm believe that "What goes around., comes around" if not in this world then in the next. I believe that you get what's coming to you most of the time. My problem is that I don't want to wait for you to get yours; I want to be the one giving it to whatever asshole has pissed me off.

I believe that Karma is a bitch. I believe payback is a mother...... I believe that you shouldn't settle for getting even, that you should get ahead.

I sometimes believe in vendettas and grudges and revenge; depending on the circumstances. If someone does something to insult, injure, or harm me or mine, well payback is what I said before. It may take days or months or even years but in the end I will have what's due me.

If someone harms you or yours in a few years you may look back and say, "I should have done or said so and so." It's much more satisfying to be able to think about what you did for payback.

There is a lot more that I would like to say but even as dense as I am, know that not everyone or even anyone is interested in my convoluted ideas and beliefs. I can't promise that there won't be more "random thoughts" posted but I promise to keep them at a minimum.

Thanks for wading through this mishmash and until the next time LIFE GOES ON.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Reviews & Essays
  • /
  • Random Thoughts Late at Night

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 101 milliseconds