• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonConsent/Reluctance
  • /
  • Ransom

Ransom

12

Hi readers! I'm having another go at writing Literotica, as opposed to just reading it - please leave me some constructive criticism. I'm really keen to keep this story going, so let me know if you enjoy it so far :)

-AmandaSarah xx

Kailee brought her glass to her lips, savouring the taste of the chardonnay before swallowing. The man sitting across from her was starting to look a little flustered; nevertheless, he placed his last handful of chips into the centre of the table.

"All in," he growled, taking a swig of his bourbon. He placed it back down on the table firmly and stared Kailee down.

She stared right back, the corners of her lips rising ever so slightly. Slowly, she pushed her chips into the centre, matching his bet. She could feel her friend Mira tapping her upper arm hesitantly, but she shrugged her away. Now was not the time for small talk. Several onlookers around the table were watching the game in silence; it was unusual to see such a young lady on the high stakes poker table and they were all eager to see the results.

The dealer revealed the cards one at a time... King of Hearts, Five of Hearts, Ten of Hearts, Ace of Diamonds, King of Spades.

Her opponent turned over his cards with a smirk. Ace of Spades and Ten of Spades.

"Two Pair!" Announced the dealer, before turning to Kailee. Her eyes met with her challenger who was looking quite pleased with himself. She gave him a cheeky wink before flipping over her two cards.

"Ace of Hearts and Ace of Clubs...full house, lady's win!"

The man across from her turned a deep red as the crowd graciously applauded her. Fuming, he stormed from his chair to the bar muttering obscenities. Kailee chuckled to herself and started collecting her winnings. Rich men sure didn't like losing to a woman, especially one her age.

"Kailee!" Mira was tapping her upper arm again.

"Seriously Mira, there is nothing more distracting than you tapping me during a poker match," she turned to her friend who stood at least a foot below her, due to a combination of Kailee's height and the 6-inch stilettos she was wearing. Mira was looking worriedly towards the bar and Kailee turned to see what was troubling her friend.

Leaning against the bar, scotch in hand, was a face she was all too familiar with and it was now glaring at her with such ferocity that she knew she was in deep trouble.

"Shit."

Kailee had two older brothers. The younger of the two, Paul, found her gambling habits amusing while the older brother, Nathan, had not one week ago banned her from the casino. Her luck had obviously only lasted for the duration of her poker game, as it was the less preferable brother who she now found herself staring at from across the room.

"I guess that's it for the night then," Mira sighed and brushed her blonde curls back from her face.

Kailee handed her the collection of poker chips.

"Here, go cash these in and I'll start talking my way out of whatever punishment Nathan is concocting," she smiled deviously and headed towards the bar.

Before she'd taken two steps, her path was blocked by the man who had just lost the poker game. He grabbed her firmly by the shoulder and she noticed the anger in his glazed eyes.

"You lost me twenty grand tonight, little girl," his breath was heavy with booze and his grip began to tighten.

Kailee returned his glare and spoke icily.

"Perhaps next time you should choose your table more wisely; I'm sure you'd excel on the $500 buy-in."

She glanced at his still-clutching hand before continuing.

"Now, kindly remove your hand or lose it."

The man's eyes bulged at her words.

"You little bitch!" his voice boomed through the casino. "I'll show you where you can stick that smart little mouth of yours!"

Before he could continue, his hand was torn from her shoulder and twisted behind his back. Nathan shoved the protesting man against the wall and pulled his arm further up until he howled in pain.

"Touch her again and I'll break your arm. Understood?"

Nathan didn't have to ask twice. He was a tower of muscle and held such confidence that no one would second guess his threats. Her offender scurried away just before security arrived.

"Is everything okay here, Mr Brooks?" Jason, the head of security was familiar with the Brooks family and held a high respect for Nathan.

"Just a small dispute, Jason," he placed an appreciative hand on the man's shoulder, "I'll be taking Kailee home now, thank you."

He handed the young man a hundred dollar note and grabbed a tight hold of his sister's arm.

"Get Mira, we're going home." his voice was deadly.

Dominic sat in a shadowed corner of the casino, whiskey in hand, watching the night unfold. Drunken men filtered in, hoping to make a profit on the change in their pockets; scantily dressed women flirted with men in suits, hoping to cash in on their winnings.

And then there was Kailee Brooks. The eighteen year old heiress to the Brooks family's supposed 3-billion dollar inheritance. Her father owned a chain of the most prestigious hotels worldwide and his death had been plastered all over the news. A car crash so tragic it had claimed the life of his wife in the passenger seat as well. The inheritance had been left in the hands of the eldest son, Nathan, who had now taken over the family business. At the age of 21, he had been left with the responsibility of not only the industry, but also the security of his younger brother and sister.

A redhead sauntered over, leaning seductively over the table and giving Dominic a direct view to her breasts that were straining against her buttoned blouse.

"Buy a lady a drink?" she licked her pink stained lips thirstily.

Dominic knocked back the remainder of his whiskey. "When you find one, let me know."

She scowled and flicked her fiery hair as she turned her back to him, prancing over to the next solitary man in her sights.

His eyes trailed back to the poker tables.

When Dominic had heard about Kailee Brooks, he'd presumed her to be like any other heiress - pompous, materialistic and simple-minded. But tonight, when he saw the long-legged, brunette beauty enter the high stakes poker table and single-handedly beat every player at the table, he was caught off guard. Her game was a mixture of expert bluffing and impressive strategy, causing a stir amongst the regular players who were indignant about losing to a woman. He was tempted to join the game and put her winning streak to an end, but he wasn't at the casino to gamble. He was there to observe; to take note of her movements and her motives, and to determine the best time to catch her alone. Because in less than 24 hours, Dominic and his accomplices would have one Miss Kailee Brooks in their possession at a ransom for ten million dollars.

So far their biggest challenge had been finding a way around her two overprotective brothers, but tonight he'd realised Miss Brooks had a tendency to find her independence and in that rebellion was going to be his window of opportunity.

"What were you thinking?!" Nathan's voice echoed through the hallways as he paced back and forth.

The car ride back to the mansion had been long and painfully quiet. Kailee had thought about getting out with Mira as they dropped her home, but a stony look from her brother had made her think otherwise.

"I told you a week ago I don't want you in that place."

Kailee opened her mouth to protest, but he continued before she had the chance.

"Every time you take part in those ridiculous games, you manage to get yourself into trouble."

Kailee threw her brother an impotent look. "I'm not a child, Nath; I can handle myself."

"Well it sure looked like that guy was handling you tonight! If I hadn't stepped in..."

"I'd have caused the guy just as much damage as you," Kailee cut in, her voice raised to his level. "I'm no damsel in distress, Nathan, I take self-defence lessons; you know that."

Paul appeared on the stairway, his bloodshot eyes evidence that he'd been woken up.

"It's true," he yawned, "she knows how to protect herself."

Nathan scowled at his brother.

"The discussion is over. Kailee, I'll be informing the casino staff that you're not to enter anymore poker tournaments. Go to bed."

Kailee, aware that her brother was too angry to reason with, swiftly made her way upstairs, raising an arrogant eyebrow at Paul as she passed. This discussion was most certainly not over.

Paul took a seat in the lounge next to his brother.

"You worry too much about her," he said plainly.

Nathan shook his head in exasperation, "She's much too arrogant for a girl with so much to lose."

Kailee hurriedly finished applying red lipstick as her phone began to buzz. She didn't need to see the caller ID to know who it was.

"Mira, I know I'm late - I'll be there in ten," her feet slid into the black peeptoes sitting next to her bed as she held the phone to her ear.

"Kailee, is your brother even okay with you coming out after last night?" her friend was yelling into the phone, but Kailee could still barely hear her over the thumping music in the background. She pushed open her bedroom window and hitched a leg over the sill, manoeuvring herself through the small opening.

"Mira, you underestimate my negotiating skills. He's not even mad anymore." Her right foot found the familiar crevice in the brickwork and she brought her left foot down to join it.

"You're climbing out of the window right now aren't you?" Her friend knew her too well.

"Don't be ridiculous, of course I'm not..." her foot slipped slightly and Kailee squeaked as she almost dropped the phone.

"Oh God, are you doing it in your high heels again?"

Kailee regained her balance and scaled the last few feet down the wall before landing with a soft thud on the perfectly trimmed lawn.

"What can I say? I'm a lady with class."

"Kailee, if your brother catches you and decides to decline your invitation to the Grandeur Ball...I will kill you!"

The Grandeur Ball was an exclusive event for VIP's over 18 and this was the first year Kailee and Mira had been old enough to accept an invitation. Kailee wasn't too concerned on whether she attended or not - it was a night of social climbers displaying their wealth and sharing gossip - but she knew Mira had been looking forward to it for years. They'd picked out their gowns last weekend and she had seen the excitement in Mira's eyes; Kailee was sure she was dead set on finding Prince Charming and dancing the night away. She didn't want to burst her friend's bubble, but she'd heard all about the Grandeur Ball every year from Paul and there wasn't anything fairy-tale-like about it.

"I'll be there, I promise. Now go order a drink for me, I'm on my way."

"How exactly are you planning on getting here?"

Kailee grinned widely as she opened the door to Paul's shiny white LaFerarri. She was a better driver than him anyway.

"See you soon!"

*****

Kailee found a secure car park a few blocks away from The Northmount Night Club. It was a little further than she would have liked to walk in her heels, but Paul would kill her if the car happened to be damaged by any drunken passers-by. She checked her reflection in the rear-view mirror, fixing her hair and straightening the gold heart pendant that hung high on her neck. It was her mother's necklace; Kailee had found it in a jewellery box a few years ago and had barely taken it off since. Tonight it complimented her dress perfectly. She touched up the shimmer on her lips and then switched off the ignition.

It was well after midnight and there was only one other car in the complex; a black SUV which had pulled up a few minutes after she'd parked. Though average in comparison to her parked Ferrari, it was a nice looking car. She stole a glance into the window as she slid out of her car and couldn't help but stare a little longer than she should have. The driver was leaning back in his seat casually, talking on his cell; dark hair brushed the top of his eyebrows and as he pushed it from his face, she noticed the ripple of muscle on his forearm. He detected her gaze and looked up, stony grey eyes meeting hers. His brow creased and she looked away quickly, smoothing down her tight fitted dress and making her way towards the distant thumping of music.

Kailee had never wasted her time with men. If she saw something she liked, she'd go for it. If he didn't measure up, which was often the case, she wouldn't stick around trying to make it work. Unlike Mira who would spend weeks trying to catch the attention of a smug, upper class successor; if a man didn't show interest in Kailee she wouldn't squander any time moping over what could have been. She already had two overbearing brothers who liked to dictate her life; she didn't need another one. The only boyfriend she'd come close to keeping had been scared off by the intensity of Nathan's interrogation upon meeting him. After that, she'd decided to keep things casual and out of her brother's perception.

Turning the corner too quickly, Kailee walked straight into a man who looked to be in his early 30's and dressed all in black.

"Sorry," she fumbled her right foot back into her heel which had come off in the collision. The man ignored her apology, fixed on something behind her.

Before she had the chance to see what he was looking at, a strong arm came around her neck, forcing her backward. She yelped in surprise and tried to struggle free, looking towards the man in black for help. To her dismay, he pulled a small syringe from his bag and began filling it with a clear liquid.

Kailee cried out and her elbow flew back, making contact with her attacker's stomach. She heard a groan and the man's arm loosened enough for her to break free. She coughed violently and turned to see her assailant, a round older man, on the ground doubled over in pain. The man with the needle came at her quickly and she carefully dodged his attack, while trying to catch her breath.

"I don't want to hurt you, girl..." He genuinely looked concerned about having to attack her. More fool him, she thought, and her fist made firm contact with his nose; causing him to fall backward in pain. She too let out a cry as her knuckles crunched on the impact, a sharp pain jolting all the way up her arm. She cradled it and turned to flee, but the man she'd elbowed was back on his feet and edging her into the wall before she knew it.

"Come here, you little bitch!" His plump face was red in fury and her knee came up to meet his groin. He swore loudly and fell heavily to the ground.

Her heels had fallen off during the attack and she ran, barefoot towards her parked car, fumbling in her rumpled bag for the car keys. She knew once she got inside, the doors would lock automatically and she would be safe. Her heart was pounding hard as her fingers found the familiar metal key ring. She unlocked the door, and reached for the handle with her good hand. Just as she pulled the door open, a wall of muscle hit her and she crashed to the ground suddenly, the wind knocked clear out of her. Her head made contact with the bitumen and all she could see were black dots. She let out a scream, but a rough hand quickly covered her mouth, muffling it. A strong arm held both of her hands over her head and she squirmed frantically to no avail. Her vision gradually cleared and she found herself staring into the harsh eyes of the man from the SUV. He was atop her, his firm legs holding her dead in place, without even the chance of a struggle.

"That's enough games for one night," his words were harshly spoken with a slight Russian accent and she glared up at him, using all of her strength to try to push him off her. He didn't even budge.

"Jakob, where the fuck is that syringe?"

The man in black appeared beside Kailee, blood pouring freely from his nose; syringe in hand.

"Girl has a good arm; she broke my fucking nose!"

Kailee screamed furiously into the firm hand over her mouth as the needle was pushed into her arm. Tears began to fall from her eyes as her limbs went slack and everything turned black.

*****

"Kailee, where the hell are you?" Mira had reached her friend's voicemail for the third time and was really starting to worry. Kailee was unpredictable and at times reckless, but Mira had always been able to reach her on her cell.

"Here you go, gorgeous," A drink was thrust into her hand and she gave an appreciative look to the attractive man in front of her.

"Oh, thank you Carl," she took a sip and coughed lightly at the burn; this had more vodka in it than was necessary.

"Relax baby, you look stressed," he brushed a lock of hair back from her face and lead her to a leather couch where several couples were sitting sensually. Carl Duchenne was the youngest son of Richard Duchenne, entrepreneur and multi-millionaire. He had sandy blonde hair and playful eyes that Mira could feel constantly observing her body. She was so overwhelmed by the attention he was giving her that she was momentarily distracted from the problem at hand.

"Carl, may I ask a favour?" She leaned in closer to him and he wrapped an arm around her.

"What is it, baby?"

"I need to go check on my friend; she was supposed to be here two hours ago, you see...I would catch a taxi, but the nearest rank is over two kilometres away and I had my chauffeur drop me here..." Mira knew she was rambling and she was about to tell him to forget she'd even opened her mouth when he leant down and kissed her, his tongue sliding in to meet hers. He tasted of bourbon and she could feel his hands exploring towards her ass. She broke the kiss abruptly, feeling breathless and he tilted her glass towards her lips, encouraging her to take another mouthful; she swallowed graciously.

"Of course; I can drive you there." He pulled her to her feet and she felt the effects of the vodka coursing through her body. "I'm parked out the front."

*****

Kailee stirred in her sleep, rolling slowly onto her side, and then letting out a cry as she leant on her right hand. She sat upright before immediately falling back into a lying position as all of the blood ran to her head. She groaned groggily, and assessed her situation, noticing she was in a bed that was not her own. Her muscles ached and her limbs felt heavy.

"Best not get up too quickly, you've still got a load of Ketamine in your system." The voice came from beside her and she turned her head to meet the gaze of the man in black; the one who had injected her. Except now he was dressed casually in jeans and a singlet and was handing her a drink. She eyed it suspiciously and he grinned, taking a decent mouthful from the glass.

"It's water." he handed it to her and she sat up slowly, letting the dizziness subside. She reached forward, only to stop suddenly as her eyes fell upon the thick metal cuffs enclosing her wrists. The chains linked up to the wall behind the bed frame and she pulled firmly, testing their give.

"Just a precaution..." Her visitor gently tapped his swollen nose knowingly. "Here..." he passed the water to her.

She had to use all of the strength in her left hand to lift the glass to her mouth, but emptied it quickly, thankful for the hydration.

"Where am I?" Kailee's ragged voice was husky and weak, but the authoritative tone came through clearly.

He took the empty glass from her shaky hand and refilled it from the sink behind him, before carefully wording his answer. "Let's just say you're on vacation. If all goes well, you won't be here long."

Kailee stared the man down. "What's your name?"

He looked behind him hesitantly before turning back to her. "You can call me Jakob."

"Jakob?" she questioned and he nodded in response. "You and your men are either halfwits, or you all have a death wish. When my brothers find you..."

12
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonConsent/Reluctance
  • /
  • Ransom

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 21 milliseconds