• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Ratter Ch. 01

Ratter Ch. 01

Okay people, this is my first submission so please be gentle but firm ; ) There is no sex in this chapter so if you're after instant gratification, keep looking.

***

Seere sat under the moonlight looking out over the ocean. He never got tired of it. The way it moved, the way it swayed in perfect harmony with the surrounding elements. He always felt everything he needed to know about the world could be traced to its sapphire body. If only he could bring himself to touch it, maybe he'd understand what he was. And why he was left here.

Standing he grazed the surface of the ocean with well-trained eyes. Waiting for a signal was like waiting for death. The foreboding was always the hardest part. With an angry glare at the moon he paced the waters edge. It was getting early. A couple more hours and he wouldn't be able to complete the job for another week. His target was too well guarded. When a red light reflected through the ocean he smiled. Barely a flash, but it was all he needed.

He closed his eyes and focused his senses, extending through the air around him. What he got back was images, smells, voices. There was a party at the beach house down the bank, a poker game at the bar 2 miles south, and his target in an overpriced vehicle with a woman who, by scent alone, wouldn't have a clue who either of them was in the morning. Perfect.

About to draw back a force pulled his mind. Angrily he pushed towards the invader. There was always some amateur with mind powers trying to poke around in his business. But not this time. He flinched. It was an image and images couldn't be traced. He tried to pull away but the sender held him grounded. The girl in the picture was lying unconscious under the pier. The one only meters away from where he stood. Using his power he tried to push the image away only to be rewarded with the taste of blood and dirt, and the sound of labored breathing. He pushed harder and fell back from his mind.

Seere's eyes snapped open on their own accord betraying nothing of his experience beyond a slight glow. He didn't know what to do. There hadn't been a call to help someone in a long time. Turning towards the pier he let her heartbeat fill his senses. The pain was unbearable. Inside he could hear a voice screaming help her! While he struggled against the onslaught, his body took a instinctual step towards.

"No" he growled stepping back. He'd been down that road before. Death paid better than life ever would.

He started walking up the beach his ears still attuned to the figure under the pier. Drawn to the slow unsteady rhythm of her heartbeat which was only getting slower with every step. He cursed himself for caring. Compassion was just an emotion and like all emotions, controlled by the mind. And no one had control over the mind like he did. She whimpered.

"Oh for fucks sake" he muttered and ran towards the pier.

Seere drew her body towards him and peeled the long brown hair away from her face. Her lips had turned blue in the cold and her eyelids were sealed shut; but it was her legs that concerned him. The skin was shredded and her left leg lay badly broken against the rocks. Her clothes, or what was left of them were crusted in dirt and salt, and he could feel several broken ribs under the shirt.

"Come on beautiful, let me see those eyes" he whispered swiping at the dirt.

Her heart stopped. Cursing again, he tore off the remains of her shirt and placed his hands across her chest. Heat flowed through him and into her body causing the damaged organs to pulse under his touch. Too many. He was going to be sore in the morning. Reaching for the knife on his belt he cut; once across her chest, and once across his hand. With one last glance towards the ocean he shot a glare at the rising sun. So much for getting paid he thought. Then paired his wound with hers and let the power take him.

***

When April opened her eyes the last thing she expected to see was the sky. Maybe some clouds, a golden gate and an angel but definitely not the sky. She groaned at the pain and groaned again when she tried to roll over in the bed. Bed? Fighting the pain she maneuvered herself so that she sat against the headboard. Squinting she took a glance at her surroundings. Through the blur it looked like a sunroom. The roof was transparent leaving nothing between her and the dreaded light.

She closed her eyes as the pain pulsed through her body "I must be in Hell" she muttered.

Blinking she forced her eyes open once more. Her jaw dropped. If this was hell she should have come sooner. The devil was loaded. Her pale green eyes swept over the designer furniture and the entertainment system that put the 'state of the art' to shame. She closed her mouth and leaned back a smile on her lips. Worse places to wake up in.

"So you're awake then"

Maybe not. She tried to summon a hello from the garbled mess in her head only managing to gasp as the owner of the voice came into view. His skin was so pale it looked almost translucent against the black of his shirt and jeans. Her eyes moved over his body with unguarded appreciation, wondering if he was more lifeguard or dancer. Cursing inwardly she realized she was staring and forced herself to meet his eyes. Well, that didn't help. Violet accentuated by the ash blonde hair falling lazily across his face. A face that looked rather amused at her examination.

"Hello?" He tilted his head to the side and waved his hand in front of her face.

"Uh, yeah?"

"Oh good I thought I might be dealing with brain damage for a moment there" he handed her a glass of water.

Ha! "No I'm okay"

He raised an eyebrow "really?"

She winced as the pain joined the conversation "well my head hurts and I'm pretty sure my legs aren't working but other than that just fine" she tried for a smile "wouldn't happen to have a sedative would you?" Or maybe a lobotomy.

"I think you've slept enough. But these should take the edge off" his eyes twinkled as he tossed her a bottle "can I get you some clothes too or would you rather run around naked?"

Her blush deepened as she looked down. The blankets had fallen around her waist leaving her top half naked. He chuckled as she dove under the covers.

"I'll take that as a yes".

She fixed him with her best glare "And what, might I ask, have you done with my clothes?"

He shrugged and opened the chest at the end of her bed. "Not me, the ocean. When I found you they were half torn off" he looked up "it's okay, it's nothing I haven't seen before"

April smirked I'll bet. When he returned to her side he was holding a pair of blue jeans and an oversized white shirt.

"They're a bit big but they'll have to do. I can get you something else this afternoon" he pointed to the left "the bathroom's in there. You can sleep a little longer if you like. Just come downstairs when you're ready"

April watched as he turned to leave "so are you going to tell me who you are or should I just call you mister?"

He looked back. Those gorgeous eyes holding her still "You can call me Seere". He was gone before she could open her mouth.

"And I'm April" she whispered.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Ratter Ch. 01

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 211 milliseconds