Reservoir of Power Ch. 08-09

For Lochlainn, his embarrassment only increased when Lena reached out and caressed the cheek of the youngest cashier as she asked the young wolf if their condoms came in extra-large sizes. No ginger on the planet could have avoided turning red after viewing Lena's antics, and Lochlainn was no different than the rest; he was positively glowing at her words. His face could have been used to light a deserted runway.

Then Lena turned to Lochlainn and sighed, "Hey baby, I know that you like your Canadian beers, but what kind of liquor would taste good with me tonight? Would a nice Canadian whiskey be the way to go? It looks like they have Crown; will that be alright? Oh... and can you go look in the dairy case and see if they have any of that canned whipped cream; we could have lots of fun with that!"

Lucky took the opportunity that he'd been given and immediately fled for the coolers, hoping against hope that the heat from his face wouldn't actually curdle the milk there in the dairy case. Once he got to the glass door, he had no trouble finding what Lena had asked him to find. He grabbed a couple of cans, but he didn't return the counter right away, deciding instead to stand there for a few moments, desperately hoping that the tent in his pants would subside into something somewhat less painful... and less obvious.

Eventually, it worked and he shrank a bit, but he needn't have bothered, for once he'd rejoined Lena at the service counter, she casually mentioned, "They had the extra large sizes, but none of them were the ribbed ones." Then she turned to the lone female behind the counter and asked, "Have you ever gotten to try the ribbed ones? The commercials all say that they are ribbed for our enjoyment."

Lochlainn choked as the wolf bitch behind the counter began to laugh. She finished her gale of laughter, and thrusting her hand to Lena, she said, "Hi, I'm Margie and I'm glad to meet you. My boss had warned me that something big was coming our way, but I never expected anything that would act like you! I'm thinking that this is going to be a lot more fun than I had feared it was going to be. Is there anything else that we can get for you?"

Lena was reaching into her purse for her wallet while Lochlainn was trying to find a position that wouldn't reveal his erection to everyone when Margie chuckled and said, "Nope, your money is no good here; Alpha Billington has told me that everything here is on the house, although I will admit that I didn't expect to find your purchases to be so entertaining."

Lucky choked again, and he began to pray for the Earth to swallow him whole before Lena could say anything else, but unfortunately for him, the Earth remained intact. The two women continued to chat for a bit as he stood there, glowing like a Christmas tree as he fought to be as inconspicuous as possible.

Not that he stood a snowball's chance of vanishing from view, as the two male wolves continued to evaluate their potential enemy, unhappily despairing of their chances as Lochlainn would tower over even their Alpha. Meanwhile, the wolf bitch was clearly measuring his package against anything she'd ever experienced. Yes, she thought to herself, bears are different. Eventually though, Lochlainn's torment was over as the two women finally ended their chat by swapping cell numbers.

Lochlainn finally managed to guide Lena out of the grocery story and back to their van, and upon seeing the van speed out of the lot, one of Margie's Omega employees looked to his boss and asked, "She bought a lot of condoms. How long are they intending to remain here?"

Margie considered his question for a moment before responding, "I'm more worried about why she bought them in the first place; I can't imagine why she'd need them. While I'm not sure if bears are exactly like us or not, she is human... and there is no way that a werewolf can impregnate a human, so I'm pretty sure that it'd be the same for werebears."

The Omega asked, "But she was acting so aggressively, and he was completely embarrassed by her behavior, can't we assume that he'd never seen her act like that before."

Margie let out another huge laugh, sputtering, "But he was so turned on by what she was doing. Did you see the size of his package? I wouldn't want that thing anywhere near me."

The Omega stammered a bit at this, saying, "We did our best to ignore that, but we sure could smell his arousal. We are going to have to open a few windows to get that smell out of here. I mean, that smell was arousal wasn't it, Marge?"

"To tell you the truth, I have never smelled anything like that either, but I can do the math. That smell arrived with the advent of his erection, thus, the smell was his arousal. I have one word of advice for the two of you-- if you ever smell that scent again... run like Hell! There is no way that you'll want to be between a bear and his mate if you want to keep breathing."

The second Omega had been listening to the entire conversation quietly when he spoke up, "But the woman... she had a different scent. It was sort of like a human's scent, but it was different somehow. Did you notice that? If she's not human, what is she?"

Margie shook her head worriedly as she replied, "I have no idea, but I have to admit that I'm glad that Ja-mul has returned to ride herd on whatever's happening here. I have to admit that I'd never thought that I'd say something like that about that sneaky old bastard. That old coyote is the devil."

The three wolves fell into a thoughtful silence at this. The idea that Ja-mul's return might be important scared the Hell out of all of them."

~~~

Lucky had been driving for a few minutes and Lena was thinking that they were probably about half way to the resort when she felt a cold draft drifting up her skirt...

"Oh my God," she gasped aloud, bringing her hands to her mouth.

Lochlainn instantly hit the brakes and slid to the side of the winding road. "What's the matter, love?" he asked with concern in his voice as he darted his head around, looking for danger.

She stammered, "I... I gave you my panties back there, and I did it in front of those people! Oh my God, what was I thinking?"

Partially calmed by the lack of any immediate physical danger to Lena, Lucky moved to try to reassure her, but he chose to do it with a touch, rather than with words. He slid across his seat and placed his hand lovingly on her shoulder, willing himself to wait and listen to her, rather than rushing to offer her advice.

"I don't know what came over me. I'd bought these clothes to go over the lingerie when I eventually got around to wearing it for you. These clothes were supposed to be a surprise!"

"Oh... they were a surprise alright," Lucky breathed.

"That's not what I meant," Lena snapped in irritation, but then she started to cry. Lochlainn wrapped both arms around her, still not saying anything, figuring that maybe she just needed to cry it out.

After a few minutes of tears, Lena sniffed and said, "What's happening to me? I'm not like that person back there. I barely even remember saying those things, and I don't remember packing these clothes at all, much less bringing the bag that they were in. Lochlainn, am I losing my mind?"

"No baby," he replied soothingly, "I don't think there's anything wrong with you, and there's certainly nothing wrong with your mind... I suspect the problem is caused by what I am. This has to be a bear thing, and I'm praying that we can get some answers from these wolves. Artio mentioned something about us having until December when we'd run out of time to figure this out, but I'm starting to wonder if we've got that long. She's a Goddess, but it seems like things are moving so much more quickly than she suggested. How bad is it gonna get before it gets better?"

Lena let out a broken laugh and then asked with a sigh, "Can I... at least have my panties back?"

Lucky plucked them from his shirt pocket, and while holding them to his nose and breathing into them as deeply as if they were a gloriously scented handkerchief, he said, "If I must... But Ursula, believe me when I tell you, I'd much prefer that you let me keep them."

Lena's face shot red and she slapped his arms away from her, snapping "All men are pigs. Even the males of the bears are pigs!"

"So," Lucky asked hopefully, "Does that mean that I can keep them?"

"None of my friends ever hear about what just happened... and they're yours. Do we have a deal?"

Lucky's face lit up as he said, "My lips are sealed," but then he paused for a moment, "Well, unless I'm coming to kiss you again." He leaned forward...

Lena didn't wait... instead she aggressively grabbed her Viking into a full-throated kiss, but this time, the aggression wasn't coming from Ursula; it was all Lena.

They'd be there awhile, Windows fog easily in the Pacific Northwest.

~~~

"Where the fuck are they," William fretted about two hours later. That drive shouldn't have taken them more than thirty or forty minutes!"

"Calm down my love. Maybe they stopped for some sight-seeing along the way," Florence said easily. "The lake is beautiful this time of year!"

"No way in Hell that they stopped for that," griped Tom. "They wanted answers right away; they can always sight-see later!" Then he glared at Ja-mul and growled," Okay, you old bastard, where do you think they've gone?"

"Now you just stop right there," drawled Ja-mul in an offended voice, "Is that how a wolf gives the proper wolven respect to his Lady-sent Shaman?"

"Just stop," Sam answered. "No one is dumb enough to buy that crap but Tristan, and he aint here today."

The old coyote attempted to maintain his offended look for a moment, but it wasn't working. Finally he grumbled, "I need a new audience." He didn't allow his disappointment to show for long though; he started anew as if nothing had happened, "Bears are volatile. They may have stopped for a spat."

"Really, that's the best you've got, they may have stopped for a spat?" Florence asked drily.

"Well, I guess that maybe it could be more than a spat," the shaman allowed. "I suppose that they could have stopped to mate, but I doubt if that's what happened though, because we haven't received any damage reports yet, and believe me, we don't want that to happen. Anyone coming close to them would probably be killed."

"What the fuck?" screamed William at the top of his lungs, "You mean to tell me that they are that dangerous and you wouldn't let me give them an escort? Grandfather... why?"

"They have to make it here on their own. If they can't do that; then they are not worthy of Xwun's acknowledgement!"

"Merciful Lady... why?"

"That's exactly the right question, grandson."

"What?" William asked in confusion.

"You'd have to ask her. She's the only one who really knows."

"I will kill you," Tom mumbled, feeling his control slipping away.

"No you won't; she's sent me with a new winter beer recipe. If everyone lives through this, she said that I can share it with you."

"Done," Sam immediately agreed. He recognized a true gift from the Goddess when he heard it! This reward was worth risking one's life to obtain.

"That was fast," Flo smirked.

"I had them at 'hello'," the shaman said sagely.

"You don't have me, yet," snarled Will. "I still want answers!"

"Don't bite the messenger," grandfather replied smoothly. "You know I'm telling the truth, and I'm positive that you will ask her to confirm my veracity when you next drink the venom."

William's claws extended, damaging his desk. "Veracity? Grandfather, I am the only one in the Lady's lands who won't kill you. You are my blood; at best, everyone else here just tolerates you, but even I rarely believe you."

"Pfft," Flo interjected. Then she stepped forward and kissed Ja-mul on his forehead. "Don't mind my mate; he's just worried about protecting the pack."

The old man gave a lopsided grin before he stuck out his tongue at his grandson.

Alpha William retracted his claws from his desk, as he realized that he was badly outnumbered here, but then a hesitant smile came to his face as he realized that they'd all have his back if this thing turned into a disaster. "Okay you two, I get it. But you realize that you are ganging up on me again, so obviously, you will claim that this is for my own good, and I should just go limp and enjoy it... right?"

His mate and grandfather just grinned back at him, so he decided to take a pound of flesh from his Betas instead, "You slack bastards work for me and you sold me out for a freaking beer recipe?"

"Only for a good beer, Alpha, and you would have done the same thing if you'd been a wolf long enough to know what was good for you. This is a winter beer recipe from the Lady... from the Lady, Alpha."

Responding with all the timing that his grandfather had taught him, Will's face became impassive as he indifferently asked, "By the way, where is Tristan today? I know that I gave him the day off, but I thought he might show up for this."

Both Betas faces fell, while Florence did her best to pretend that she wasn't amused. Ja-mul, of course, was immediately curious. He'd been away from the pack until recently, but he didn't miss the smell of something fun in the wind. He leaned in almost instantly.

Sam lashed out, "The pretty boy stole our sisters."

Ja-mul leered at them, "...your sisters?"

This was too much and Florence laughed aloud; she already knew that these two girls had the warriors of the pack in a constant uproar. She'd never seen humans go feral as quickly as Maria and Margarita had done, and she was so damned proud of them. Only a couple of months after joining the pack and here they were, causing the pack's Betas to be at one another's throats for their attentions. They'd go far!

"We'd taken them to the Roadhouse..." Tom started when Joe, the pack's security man, sent a message to the pack's entire leadership, "Alpha, their van has been spotted. It is about ten minutes out, now."

"Thanks, Joe," Will sent back, and then he turned to his Betas, a scowl written large across his face.

"The two of you seem to be covered in healing wounds... and some of them are in areas that would have proven fatal if your attacker wouldn't have pulled his blows. You two are lucky to be alive, and I can't have my Betas at one another's throats when we are preparing to face a problem; do you two dumb bastards hear me?"

Yes Alpha, they mumbled.

"What ever the fuck is up with you three, I want it stopped... now! Do you understand me?"

"Yes Alpha," they mumbled again, as Florence was doing her best not to mention that these two four hundred year old wolves were behaving like Pups. Not that it could be said that this was a new thought for her; these two had been acting like idiots since before she'd been whelped.

William moved forward without belaboring his point further, "Sam, you head down to the main desk and search that van while they are in here with us. Don't let the bear see you, and above all, do not damage their stuff! I don't want the first wolf that the bear meets to be one of my Betas with fresh wounds upon him. And since there's fresh blood on you two, Oliver, of all people, gets the job. Understand?"

Sam nodded miserably and left quickly.

"Tom, you make sure Oliver doesn't screw this up. If they are not buying his routine, you'll need to step in and take over. Oliver is an idiot, but then again, he doesn't have new scars on his neck."

"Yes boss," Tom said, leaving just a little less-quickly than Sam had.

Ja-mul grinned at Florence as he said, "Your mate covered his bet."

Florence immediately knew that she'd missed something for her mate seemed to be gloating. She wasn't really concerned, so she just waited...

Ja-mul continued, "He must have sent his away team to mark the bear's progress. How else did Joe realize that this particular van was the right one so quickly? My grand-son's gotten much sneakier since he has taken over as Alpha, grand-daughter, I suggest that you reward him accordingly."

Florence simmered at her mate; he'd ignored their agreement about letting the bear get here on his own and instead, assigned his wolves to follow him; William had been getting reports on the bear the entire time. Her mate's pretended anger at his grandfather had merely been a smokescreen.

She shouldn't have allowed herself to be surprised by this. He was in charge of war, and he didn't bother to answer questions about these decisions. His vote was the only one that really counted. As this sunk in, her skin ignited as she knew that that she'd eventually get even... she would, but it would be after she'd rewarded him first. Florence didn't let it get complicated. She'd pay.

"Well played mate," she told him, "I'll shower first, and then I'll bathe you."

"Lady above, I love this game!" William smirked to himself. "Our games are so much more rewarding than watching roller derby."

~~~

"It looks nice," Lochlainn said, as Stan, who was acting as valet, took his keys. Stan didn't reply; he merely smiled at Lucky stupidly. He hadn't the sense of a horse-fly; but his nose was not to be ignored as he had the best nose in the entire pack. Stan had never smelled anything quite like Lena though, but then again, it didn't worry him; he hadn't broken his phone in over a month and he thought that he might be getting a raise soon.

What do you think Lena; will this resort be nice enough?

"Book us a room. In fact, get us a suite. They said that our money is no good here." She grinned.

Inside, waiting at the admissions counter, they met Oliver. William could tell that Oliver usually sat here, as the wolf was clearly overweight and looked like he hadn't trained a single day in his life. William had heard that these sorts of wolves didn't exist, but Oliver was proof that he'd heard incorrectly.

"Welcome to the Whiskey Lake Resort," Oliver said expansively. "You are our honored guests and the bell-captain will be seeing to your bags. You can use your room keys to charge anything in town directly to your room... which of course has already been taken care of. Can I escort you to see Mr. Billington and Madam Yazzie now or would you like to freshen up first?"

Surprised at their welcome, the couple could only nod mutely and follow Oliver's waddling form down the hallway. They never saw Tom lurking in the background, and while the smell of wolf was in the air, Lucky could not separate the various scents in his human form.

Oliver continued speaking; he never once came up for air or allowed his charges to get a word in edgewise. He told them of the resort's history and explained the amenities that they would be able to enjoy while they were guests here. He explained that laundry service was available if they'd be staying longer than a few days, and that the restaurant had a dress code, but that all meals could be delivered within their suite. He managed to end his spiel just as he prepared to knock on his boss's door. Oliver was really very good at public service.

"Come in," William shouted through the door, and Oliver opened the door and stepped back to allow his guests to enter.

The young lovers saw that they'd been escorted into a small conference room where three people (wolves?) sat waiting for them. "Have a seat," the younger man said, "I am Alpha, William Billington and this is my mate Madam, Florence Yazzie, and this is our grandfather Ja-mul." Then he turned to Oliver and said, "Oliver could you bring us some beverages, some tea and a couple of pitchers of the regular brown ale please. Oh, and two or three of the appetizer plates from the restaurant; those will keep everyone going until we can get some real food."

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 56 milliseconds