Room for Mickie Ch. 05

Mickie smiled wistfully. "I have always loved the name Felicity."

*********************

And that is what has transpired in the last few years. Well, maybe it has been a little longer. Like I said before, if anyone had told me what the future would hold, I would have probably told them to go fuck themselves. But I thank God for putting Mickie in my path and the love we share.

I kissed her again as she sat on my lap. That is when we heard the cooing coming from the monitor on my desk. "Sounds like somebody is up."

Mickies eyes lit up as she raised off my lap. A few moments later she reemerged from the next room holding our daughter. She cooed back, holding her in a tight, but gentle embrace.

"How is momma's little Tee?" Our little one giggled and laughed as Mickie tickled her belly."

"I just changed her an hour ago Baby. She should be good till we get to my parents for dinner. We are picking up your Mom on the way. Get Felicity ready to travel and I will get the cheesy potatoes out of the oven."

I watched briefly as Mickie helped our daughter on with her snow suit. Felicity was a handful and her own person so she preferred doing things on her own. "Me Do!" Seemed to be her mantra, but Mickie adapted well and displayed the gentle patience of a natural born Mother.

Our life together seemed complete and the three of us couldn't be happier. I still remember the day we received the note from Dan. We were sitting with Felicity and he hadn't returned from his errands at the usual time. We tried to call his cell, but all we got was his message. After about an hour Margret, from the LBGT shelter, was at the front door. Her mood seemed restrained when she handed us the official envelope.

The letter was a legal document from Dan. Seems that Dan was giving us full custody of Felicity, with the proviso that we would adopt her and raise her as our own. Seems that he was going to move away from Midland and not return. We stood there in shocked silence trying to grasp the reality of what happened. Another little note fell from the envelope and I picked it up.

"Dear Mickie and Rick;

I can't begin to tell you how much your friendship has meant to me. You have helped me through a time in my life that I thought would have been the death of me. The two of you taught me that I could not only survive, but thrive with my new life; my new identity. Life for a transman is hard enough but I just can't subject those hardships to my little girl. It wouldn't be fair to her. I know you two will make great parents because you are good people to begin with. Please remind Felicity, from time to time, that she has an Uncle Dan out there somewhere, and that he is thinking of her.

All my love;

Dan

I had our lawyer check the authenticity of the document and she assured us it was perfectly legitimate. I still remember the look in Mickie's eyes when the reality of it finally hit us. Mickie held Felicity in her arms and cried happily as the last criteria for her perfect fairy tale life had come true. I finally broke down and joined my beautiful wife as we held our little girl and celebrated the future we thought we'd never have. Our tears fell like rain; and they were bittersweet. Although we were saddened by Dan's departure; we were both elated by the wondrous gift he had presented us with. I had originally thought that I could never be happier then I was on Mickie's and my wedding Day. Apparently I was wrong.

"We're ready Baby." Mickie's voice snapped me out of my reverie. She handed our daughter to me with a slight look of concern. "You okay Baby?"

Felicity gave my neck a squeeze. "Luv ooh Dadi."

I took in her cute smile and then looked back into the beautiful blue eyes of my soul mate. "Never better my Love. Never better." I wiped a tear from my face. "Ted, Kat and little Tyler will meet us there and If we hurry we just might be able to see SANTA." Felicitiy giggled as I tickled her chin.

"Ooh, Santa." Mickie replied with a big smile. "Want to see Santa?" Felicity's face lit up.

We had been telling Felicity all about Santa Claus and she was so excited. My Dad had been aching to play Santa, since Felicity and Tyler were now old enough to know about him. Dad had been sporting an ear to ear grin all season. We loaded Tee into her car seat and headed off to pick up Grace.

Funny what life hands you. One moment you are rolling along, wondering how your life is going to play out and the next moment you find fate has dumped a wondrous gift in your lap. My life permanently changed for the better and it was all because my heart made Room for Mickie.

Finish

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 22 milliseconds