Running with Wolves Ch. 21

Seeing his friend falling apart, Dominic did the only thing he knew would help. He lunged forward, arms raised, and shoved Ben backwards as hard as he could. Unprepared for the assault, Ben lost his footing, landing on a couch with enough force to bring up the front feet. He was so stunned he could only stare.

"Knock it off, Ben! Freaking out right now isn't going to help." Taking a deep breath, Dominic calmed himself down. "The first thing we need to do is-"

Without warning, there was a rapid "tap, tap, tap, tap, tap." on the door. All three occupants looked to it. Dominic was confused on who it could be, as everyone who would be coming to his home would either see it as theirs as well and just come in, or knock and then enter because they owned the place anyway. The knock they just heard was fast and light, as if whoever was on the other side of the door was unsure. It was so unexpected all three occupants of the room stayed frozen in their places until Misty, who for the most part had silently stared wide-eyed as the two men conversed, was sniffing in that direction. "What is he doing here?" Obviously she recognized who ever it was on the other side.

She stood from her chair and as she did, Dominic mimicked her behavior and took a sniff in the direction she was headed. Once he put his focus on what he was smelling, he realized he could actually identify certain things; Misty, Ben, old smoke, and residue from the cleaners the maids used were the only ones he could pick out. Everything was a mesh he couldn't pull a single thread from. It became suddenly overwhelming, causing him to flinch. He pulled back just as Misty opened the door.

She paused, taking in whoever was on the other side. Neither Dominic nor Ben could see at the angle they were at just who had surprised Misty. What they could see was the authority in the stance she took, and Dominic noticed right away that it was echoed in her tone. "What are you doing here?"

"W-Well, um, I-I uh... I heard th-that Dominic- Alpha Dominic, was back in the Den. A-a-and I was wondering if-"

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Ben suddenly snapped and jumped to his feet, marching to the door and swinging it wide. He glared at the man standing on the other side. He was practically snarling as he spoke. "We told you not to come back."

"I-I-I-I know, but..."

Curious as to whom the newcomer was, Dominic approached as well. In the hall stood a man, well... more of a boy in a man's body. He was tall and lanky, without the bulk that Dominic was used to seeing the men of the Den having. His light brown hair was shaggy, with natural blonde highlights running through it. His eyes were faintly sunken, giving him a slightly shifty look. In contrast, he was wearing a nice black button up and matching slacks. He looked like the nephew of a mortician, but Dominic didn't feel any threat from him. It was more like a general sense of nervousness and awkwardness. In the back of his mind, Dominic thought he recognized the boy, but couldn't quite place it.

When he saw Dominic in the doorway, the boy whined and took a step back in fear. He tucked his chin to his chest so as to avoid eye contact with any of them. "A- Alpha Dominic. My, my n-name is..." Taking a shaky breath, he gathered his courage and forced out what he wanted to say in one long breath. "My name is Day Five Rivers of the Five Rivers Pack and I would like to ask your permission to visit with my Destined, Penny."

Completely caught off guard, Dominic stared blankly at Day. Nobody moved. Nobody breathed. They were all waiting for Dominic's response.

Scrunching his eyebrows, Dominic crossed his arms and tilted his head slightly. "...What?"

~~~~~

Hey everyone! Here is a new chapter for you to sate your voracious appetites. Sorry to hear that there are those of you that feel RwW is just aimlessly dragging on. To be fair most of this is by the seat of my pants as I move from one major plot point to another, but I do know what I'm going to be putting in my story and how it will end. It might take some time, but I will one day put you guys out of your misery... maybe :3.

Holiday season is ramping up, so my chapters are still going to be a bit farther apart and shorter than I would like. But hey, I need money and I'm doing this for free, soooooo... yeah. Not like I'm giving up my 15 and lunch breaks to get as much write at work as possible.

Love you all and I hope you keep up the support and love :) Read, Review, Vote, and have a happy holiday season!

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 66 milliseconds