Santorini Paradiso Ch. 02

Finally, she said with great embarrassment: "Well, I was going to say that I just wish that I had some clean underwear."

Petros looked like he was about to burst out laughing, as he made a mock frown at Adonis and wagged a finger: "You forgot panties, my brother. What a shame!"

"Yes, what an oversight on my part - it is a real shame." They two laughed loudly as Petros reached over to slap a "high five" with Adonis.

"Very funny..." But Elena at this point was also laughing. The brothers fussed over her, serving her strong, thick coffee and plying her with food.

"So... little Elena, we know you in many ways... but also we don't know you very well. Tell us, where do you live in America, and what do you do for a living?" Petros asked with genuine interest, as he pulled apart a croissant and popped the crusty corner into his mouth.

Adonis leaned forward in his chair with interest, as he cradled his coffee cup in his large tanned hands.

"Well, I've been living in Boston for the past few years - since college. As far as work goes..." began Elena uncomfortably - she hated talking about her job. "I'm only doing office temporary work at the moment - you know - like an assistant. But it is not for long. At least - I hope not."

Adonis speared a piece of mango on his fork and encouraged her to continue, saying: "So you went to University, yes?" Pausing while she nodded her assent. "What did you study there? What do you want to do?"

Suddenly, Elena's eyes began to gleam with suppressed passion and unshed tears. Her voice tight with emotion, she finally ventured: "I went to Massachusetts College of Art - we call it Mass Art - and was a Fine Arts major. I paint and sculpt. But it hasn't been very easy to work lately - and I really miss it." The guilt she always felt when reminded of how long it had been since she'd picked up a brush or put her hands in clay caused her to flush scarlet.

Petros, keenly observing her discomfort, leaned toward her and covered one of her hands with his. "Why not, my darling?"

"Uh... well, where do I begin?" She rubbed her brow as she framed the story. "I broke up with my boyfriend two months ago, he turned out to be really bad news, and I had to move out of our apartment because the lease was in his name. So I've been staying on my friend Pam's sofa ever since. And it's a small place, so I couldn't really set up my easel there - it would be too much. I'm already imposing as it is."

"So if I understand the situation - you have no man, no real home, and a temporary job that you dislike?" Adonis said this without any sarcasm or judgment - he was just gently stating the stark facts.

Elena let out a little self-deprecating laugh - it did sound very bleak when laid out so factually. "Yes, I guess that is the way to say it. I'm kind of a loser right now. Not very sexy, is it?"

"Don't be silly!" Adonis interjected. "That is not true at all - you, my beautiful girl, are amazing. I am simply saying that you have nothing very compelling to keep you in Boston."

Petros looked up sharply at his brother, one eyebrow raised as a smile broke across his handsome face. He seemed to be nodding at Adonis. They spoke to one another rapidly in Greek, and Petros looked back at the small, charming cottage at the edge of the sculpture garden.

"That is brilliant!" he smiled at Adonis, and then both men turned back to look at Elena.

"Petros and I have an idea, my darling." Began Adonis. Petros moved his chair closer to the table, shifting so he could look more directly at Elena as his brother continued. "Since you have no powerful reason to go back to the States right now - how would you like to stay here with us for a while? That little stone building there in the garden is an artist's studio. We'd be happy to let you use it to work. We would love to have you stay with us for a while -- well, for as long as you liked, really."

Elena felt like the breath had been knocked out of her body. The blood drained from her face, and her head was spinning. Live here! She thought. With these two Greek gods! It seemed to be completely impossible, and yet at the same time it was the most natural thing in the world. They watched her as the conflicting emotions flitted across her face. The color returned to her cheeks, and her eyes were swimming with unshed tears.

"Wow. You're serious?!" Both men nodded. "I'm not sure I even know how to respond...I feel a like I'm dreaming." she began...

To be continued...

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 21 milliseconds