She Wolf Ch. 08

He took her that night and she was with him for years, until she heard of the attack on her village. She went back. He had no idea where she was and was almost paralyzed with fear. One day she returned and she seemed calmer. Throughout the years he was engaged in many wars. It was learned that a coven in Mexico wanted to challenge his rule. He ordered all of the members destroyed, even the women and children. Nicolette learned of his decree and she started pulling away. After that attack, Nicolette ran from him and for years he had no idea where she was.

Nicolette stirred. Gernick gasped. Her hand moved to her swollen middle where evidence of their union resided. Gernick moved to the bed and sat beside her. He reached over and placed his hand on hers as she caressed their child. She sighed, and smiled. He smiled as he touched her. The baby moved and he was stock still. "Hey, little guy." he whispered to be unborn son. "You are so loved and so wanted. You will have the best mother ever. She loves you so much, as do . I can't wait to meet you." His son kicked. Gernick left his hand on her abdomen and Nicolette's smile grew wider. He wanted to know what made her smile. So he decided to sneak into her dreams and peak.

The dream was beautiful, she was with their son. He was playing with other children around his age. In her dreams, his son was a replica of him. He had his dark hair, his dark eyes, but Nicolette's smile. Nicolette was watching over him and laughing. Her friend laughed too, and that was when he recognized the She Wolf. She smiled because she was dreaming of her friend. Then she froze, "Jonathan," she called. "We must go." Gernick gasped, his son's name was Jonathan. They'd never discussed what they would name him, but his mate had chosen and chosen well.

"Wait, Nicky, Don't leave." The she wolf pleaded as tears formed in her eyes.

"I have to go, Nina. Gernick ... he can't know I see you. He'll do something..." she hugged her friend as their son bid goodbye to his friends. "Be safe alright, I love you Nina," she whispered, Then she gathered their son close and the dream ended.

Nicolette awoke to find Gernick caressing her stomach, crying silent tears. "Nicolette, I will take you back to them. I never meant to hurt you this way. We can go tonight. Let me-" She stopped him.

"Not even my dreams are safe from you." She hissed. "I... I don't know what... You go too far Gernick, too far."' She accused. "No, no Gernick. They let me go. They think I'm dead. That's why Momma lost it. You will not upset their lives by reversing what you've done. I won't do that to them." She stated angrily. I cannot have anything here. He takes over my life, and now he invades my dreams.

"Nicolette, I am tired of this martyr attitude you are constantly displaying. It's unfair. I know I made some horrible decisions, but I am trying to make amends. You seem to forget who has the power here. I let-" she cut him off.

"You let me live because you want too, right? You let them live to have leverage over me. You're probably planning to torture Momma at some point as well. What about my son Gernick? Will you use him as a punishment for me as well?" Nicolette smiled, a smile that never reached her eyes. "I don't want to talk to you anymore. Please leave me alone."

Gernick stood to leave and then became angry. "No, Nicolette, No! I admit I fucked up, but this has to end. I love you. Whether or not you believe me is a moot point. I free you; you can go back home and I won't bother you again. I just ask that you tell my son I loved him more than life itself. I can arrange for you and your mother to leave as soon as you are ready." He stood to walk away, his heart breaking at the thought of never seeing her again. He didn't expect to be hit by a wooden dresser drawer.

Upon his dismissal of her, Nicolette saw red. He's dismissing me! He's acting like the past year has not happened! He cannot act as if my life does not matter, she thought as he ranted. When he turned to walk away, she grabbed the drawer and threw it. It hit him in the back of the head, knocking him over.

Mrs. Valdez had stomped on his pride earlier that week. Gernick wasn't prepared to let Nicky do it too. Gernick roared and charged her. Nicolette had never seen him so angry. He'd never struck her before, but maybe she'd pushed him too far. He grabbed her and shook her. "What do you want, Nicolette? I don't know what to do. How do I fix this?" he screamed.

Someone was beating on their door,. "Open this door right now!" Mrs. Valdez demanded. She heard a crash and then Gernick yelling at her daughter. There was no way she would stand by and let this man put his hands on her child. Claus joined her and called out "Gernick, open the door, please."

Nicky was terrified. Gernick saw the fear in her eyes and hated himself for putting that fear there. He let her go and unlocked the door. Mrs. Valdez rushed in and embraced her daughter. Claus assessed Nicolette quickly and then Gernick. Then he took note of the trashed bedroom. This situation was getting worse and something needed to be done.

Gernick spoke once more. "I meant it Nicolette. I release you. You and those you love never have to worry. No one, vampire or other , will come against you." Then he vanished.

Mrs. Valdez checked her daughter. Nicolette cried. "I hate him, Momma. He took everything. He took you, Nina, the kids. I can't forgive him. I can't."

Holding her daughter close, "It's alright baby. It's OK. Nicolette, we will get past this."

"Come, you need to feed." She suggested. As she led Nicolette from the room, she glanced over at Claus. He was frantic, and that's when she realized the situation had just taken a turn for the worse.

After Mrs. Valdez calmed her daughter down, she asked her to relax and read in the library. She went to talk to Claus. His office was open and he was frantically calling others asking had anyone seen Gernick. "Claus, he's just ticked off, He'll be back." She said in a quiet whisper.

Claus looked at her, "She is the only reason he lived, and tonight, he released her. Do you know what that means?" Mrs. Valdez walked over to the big man and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"He's –" she started to say, when Claus spoke once more. "He's going to find a way to die. I stopped him the last time, but not even I can stop him now." Then he sobbed. Mrs. Valdez wrapped her arms around her friend and held him close. Claus held her back, and then realized that she felt nice in his embrace.

"Claus, how did things get so muddled. I am so angry with him, but I don't want him dead. He is like most men, just foolish." She pulled back and stroked the big man's cheek. "Keep trying to find him. We will figure this out."

Claus closed his eyes then he asked the one question he'd been holding in. "What is your name. I know we refer to you as Mrs. Valdez, but I want to call you by your name."

She smiled, "Amerie, it's Amerie. Though no one has called me that since Nicolas."

"Thank you, Amerie. Thank you." He whispered.

She let go and needed to get back to her daughter. Nicolette was in the library trying to read, but something bugged her. Something Gernick said did not sit right with her. Her son began to move when she thought of his father. He said I am now free to go home but for how long. Will it be fair to them? How long before he snatches me away again?

All of a sudden she felt sad. And she heard a voice whisper, "Daddy is leaving me."

Did her child just talk to her? "Wait little one, was that you?" she asked mentally, but all she heard were his sobs. Claus stayed with her and Mrs. Valdez. He actually reported to Amerie things that were going on with the pack. Nicolette would give birth soon, and a part of him prayed that Gernick would come back. A month passed and no one heard from Gernick, Nicky refused to return to the wolves. She didn't want to upset their lives anymore. She knew that both Celia and Nina had given birth, and was happy for them, but she still refused to think of them because it still hurt. One night as she lay in bed, she thought of him. How handsome he was. He listened to her. She'd sneak out and meet him every night when he was near her village. Her father found out she was meeting a man and forbade her for seeing him. He couldn't let her go, so he made her like him.

For years it was just the two of them. She learned of their culture and even met his brothers and their mates. Garrick was his favorite and he tolerated her. His mate was cold and calculating, Nicky did not like the other woman.

Gernick defended her against his siblings and anyone else that had problem with her status of being turned. He loved her. Then she heard of the village being attacked. She rushed home. Her father lay in a pool of blood and her mother barely had a heartbeat. She's seen Gernick feed others his blood and they healed. She had to save Momma. She stayed with her to help her through her changes and after wards, she went back home. Gernick could not know she'd saved her Mom because she was young and not supposed to sire anyone.

He loved her, even after she accused him of being a cold blooded, calculating killer, and left. He still loved her. Years later, when she spurned the advances of a council member, she learned that she was to be killed. She expected an army, but only four men were sent after her. She avoided them for years, but somehow over twenty years ago, they caught her. The bastards boasted on how she'd suffer. He told them to be quick, but they'd enjoy her body first. They never aroused her and their assault caused her great pain. She knew he never told the men to rape her. It was then she woke up in pain. "Momma," she screamed. Mrs. Valdez rushed in. She called Claus who ordered the midwife over.

Nicolette labored for hours, wishing Gernick was there. He was shadowed. He hadn't fed in months and was sure he'd die soon, but he wanted to see his child born. He hurt with her. She was in so much pain. Eventually, the pains became unbearable, and Nicky screamed for him. He appeared and rushed to her side. He held on to her hand as she labored to birth their son. But something was wrong; the baby didn't want to come out.

"Do something!" He demanded of the woman, and she confessed, that there was nothing she could do. Nicolette would need surgery, and she was not equipped for that. Soon Nicolette passed out from pain and exhaustion. Action needed to be taken. The wolves, the wolves have doctors! he thought.

"Mrs. Valdez, I know you hate me, but I need your help. I can't lose them. We've got to take her to the compound. They can save her and the baby. Can you go before me and tell them I'm coming, please?" He pleaded. He didn't have to ask twice, she and Claus vanished appearing in the Alphas home immediately. She screamed for the Alphas. VAMPIRESThe wolves were on instant alert. Javon ordered Elise to stay with their pups and he rushed downstairs to face the intruders. Elise followed her mate. Javon and Elise were shocked and relieved to see Mrs. Valdez, but they could tell instantly that something was wrong.

"He's coming, She's dying. Please help her." She rambled. Javon and Elsie were trying to understand when Gernick appeared holding a woman who was clearly in need of help. Although he wanted to refuse, he trusted Mr. Valdez and called for a medical team. Gernick rushed his mate to the medical center. It was then that Elise recognized Nicolette, and she screamed. She immediately alerted Nina, Celia, and BJ.

The doctor took one look at Nicolette and rushed her to surgery. Gernick fell. He could no longer stand. If he lost them, his life was over. Claus left Mrs. Valdez's side to stand with his friend. He had never heard him cry as hard as he was right now. The doctor came out to speak with him.

"Mr. Um..." Dr. Kim stuttered.

"Gernick, my name is Gernick. Please tell me she and the baby are alright?" he begged.

Then doctor looked solemn and then he said the one thing he never wanted to hear, "Which one do you want to save? She has lost a lot of blood and the baby is in distress. We may only be able to save one of them."

Gernick stood tall, towering over the wolf, "You save my wife and my child. I won't lose either. "

Javon stood between the doctor and the irate vampire. "Don't threaten a member of my pack. You caused this. Kim, please try to save both of them." Javon demanded.

Gernick shutdown, he simply stopped: stopped crying, stopped talking, and stopped breathing. If he lost his wife and his child, then the wolf was right. It was his fault and his alone. Gernick sat on a hard plastic chair, and waited. Claus knew he'd never forgive himself for this, and he prayed that both could be saved.

OK, I know. Heavy on the angst still, but I promise it will get better. Thank you for reading, please vote and comment. I really want to know what you think.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 31 milliseconds