• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Soul Mates
  • /
  • Page ⁨2⁩

Soul Mates

Nothing.

Sometimes she would freeze, then keep going with her eyes tightly shut. Other times she would look almost angry, glaring into my eyes as if daring me to say something. Other times, it was like she wanted to cry. I wanted to ask her about it, probably should have in retrospect. However, I had a feeling she wanted to work through this on her own. Always...ALWAYS she would come to me if she needed help. And I would always be there for her. So no, sex, that isn't what she needed, and maybe not even what she wanted

I smiled down into my wife's face and kissed her forehead.

"Haven't been to the range in a while, need some target practice before I get too rusty. Wanna come with?" I asked. She thought for a moment, and for a second I thought she would say no, until she bounced to her feet and said, "That actually sounds perfect! Wait for me to get changed and get my guns."

We were no marksmen, but we did enjoy shooting. Beth's old man, my Father-in-Law, had been cleaning his guns the first time I took her out on a date. I had sat down and rolled up my sleeves and helped him. Much to her Mom's amusement, and I assume her Dad's too. I had told him about what I had planned for our date, and told him I was sorry I wasn't going to be able to show her a better time but I'd had to help Dad the next day at work and had to get home early. Beth had shrugged when I'd said that and sat down at the table and picked up a cleaning swab and we ended up sitting and talking at the kitchen table with her folks. Not exactly how I had envisioned my first date to go, but all in all it hadn't been bad. Her Mom's cooking was excellent!

My parent's about laughed themselves silly when I told them how my first date had gone.

Next week when I came to pick her up her Dad hadn't even come out to give me the "Be good...or be DEAD!" glare. I guess I made an impression and I had no idea what I had done until much later.

I finished changing and Beth came out with her smaller gun case. I noticed, and she gave me a sad little smile.

"Yeah, Dad's gun...I kinda need him right now." She told me. I paused, considering what to say, then just went for it.

"You know Beth, I am here too. If anything is on your mind..." I let my voice trail off and waited. She fidgeted.

"I know Jim. I really do. This is something I think I need to fix on my own." She said firmly, but not unkindly.

I gritted my teeth, I need to have patience...my wife is strong willed, sweet, and so incredibly stubborn! But she is loving and loyal and....

I want her back to normal so much!

(Beth's View)

I focused my eyes down the barrel of my Dad's old revolver. I saw the face of Frederick D'Angelo flash for a moment on the target. I pulled the trigger and the .22 magnum cracked loudly in my hands with hardly any recoil. Three times I pulled the trigger and three holes appeared around where his nose would have been. I was feeling better already!

I still couldn't get rid of his smell, the feel of his lips on mine. On one level I was sickened and disgusted by that asshole! On the other...the forceful way he took me in his arms and kissed me? I loved it so much! The feel of him wanting me so badly he didn't care about the consequences was, strangely arousing. How can I feel this conflicted? Why can't I get him out of my head!?

Even when I had sex with my husband, several times I had complained of a headache with him because I could not get the visions of that jerk off out of my mind. Other times I would just fuck my husband, forcing myself to look in his eyes and daring the image of that bastard to come back! Other times I just felt like crying, and had sex with my husband, just going through the motions. Sometimes my mind would wander to that other man and it would be him touching me and not Jim, and I would want to cry my eyes out!

I can't keep going like this! I don't know what's wrong with me, and I can't tell Jim because he...what would he think? Knowing my mind was bringing another man into our bed, even when I didn't want it to? How do I tell him that!? He would be hurt, think something was wrong with him when I love him so much.

Tell me of another man who would quietly support his wife on building her business? Who would make his own meals and do his laundry while I was out running around trying to make sales? Who would remember, mostly, important birthdays and anniversaries? Who when I was running six days a week and feeling like I am going nowhere would hug me and say, "Your doing great Bright Eyes, go get'em!" He has never wanted to push me down or fit in a mold. I never wanted to be the stay at home wife, and he wanted me to dream and push myself. He has never once held me back and now...

...why am I betraying him!?

I took a deep breath and Frederick's face faded from the target and I squeezed three more rounds off the moment I exhaled half of my air. That one moment when everything is rock steady and your aim is true is when I fired. "The Cupid" moment my Dad always told me. When the lover's arrow strikes the heart. Where the perfect shot is always to be found. I felt my thoughts clearing, as it always does when I am target shooting. The concentration clearing the fluff out of my head, Jim always knows what's best for me. Maybe I should tell him how I am feeling, what's going on, because I can't make any sense of it myself.

That man who had been staring at me had walked up as I was coming out of the restroom. I didn't feel threatened at all, even though his eyes had been so intense. He looked like he did know me, but I was sure I had never seen him before. He looked sad too in a way, almost desperate. Without him even introducing himself he had said,

"I have waited my entire life to find you my love! My Mate!"

It sounded like those romance novels I read! Like one of the many where the one person claims the other person is their soulmate and now they will live the rest of their lives going on crazy adventures and all of that other nonsense! I wanted to laugh but then his smell hit me, that masculine scent that all men carry beneath the aftershave and their cologne. Frederick smelled like fine bourbon, the good stuff hidden behind the bar that cost $75 a shot. He smelled of warmth and cinnamon, and fresh mint. It made my mouth water and I got flustered and lost my voice.

"What is your name?" I asked faintly. He smiled and I saw beautiful white teeth, in a handsome smile.

"My name is Frederick D'Angelo, but please...call me Fred!"

My head felt like it was spinning and I said the first words that came to me, "It was nice meeting you, but you are in my way Fred..." I wanted to get back to Jim, something felt off here, and I was starting to get scared. Fred said something else to me, but I was ignoring him. Trying to find a way around him without causing a scene. Then his hands went around my waist, very large hands and I was pressed against a chest of thick muscle and warm skin that I felt under his shirt. His smell was overpowering, and I felt something inside of me pulling to reach this man! This wonderful, handsome, loving...!

Then I woke up to what he was doing and all of those good feelings squashed in an instant! This jackass was manhandling and kissing me in front of everyone! My husband included. I felt my fists ball up and I was about to see what good old Fred here would think with a knuckle to the temple when I felt Jim's hands. He was pulling me off, and away from Fred, and I felt so happy! Yet sad, like a part of me didn't want to move away.

Then Fred turned and I saw his eyes change color, not like he had switched to different color contacts either. It was sudden and so foreign to me that my mind shut down. Then Jim was on the ground and men were kicking him and shouting. I reacted the only way I knew how and attacked! After the fight I told Frederick what I really thought of him and a part of me felt terrible that I was speaking to him that way which only made me angrier. Afterwards I couldn't help but watch him, and wonder what the hell was wrong with me.

The courts happened, restraining orders served, charges being filed with another court date set. Obviously this guy had some connections, either that or he had a tremendous amount of confidence. He kept trying to catch my eye, but I kept Jim between myself and his looks the entire time.

Which brings me to now, how do I go about fixing myself? What's wrong with me? The eye change and everything else got me to thinking...but it's impossible isn't it? I need to talk to Jim, need to ask him...even if it hurts. I know it's crazy, maybe I am crazy...

"Jim?" I asked quietly while cleaning out my cylinders. "Do you believe that werewolves are real?"

Chapter 3

(Jim's View)

This whole evening is...just...I...unexpected? Not sure how else to put it. I had an old black powder revolver I was shooting. One of those ones where you pop the whole cylinder out of the frame and then pack each charge into it. Then place a primer on the back for the hammer to strike. Fun little gun, pretty darn accurate too. Had another, an air pistol that shot little pellets. Used it to shoot birds that poop all over the back patio...

Don't judge me...the pressure washer has a hard time getting rid of the stains!

Anyway, Beth's question had caught me off guard, and we quietly talked about it as we packed up and drove home. We had a habit of asking each other strange questions, "What If" questions. Like, what if reincarnation was real and I came back as a dog, would you keep me? Or what if I won the lottery, would you stash the money or blow it? This was like that, but the tone in her voice, and the sick feeling in my stomach made it much more serious.

Funny thing is that, I didn't have too much trouble believing in the supernatural, or paranormal. Whatever you want to call it. "There's more things in heaven and earth..." and all of that nonsense. Also, it would explain a little of why Fred acted the way he did, and it explained the eyes, but there were a couple of things it didn't explain. That is why I was so silent as we walked back into the house. Beth grabbed my gun case and hers and put them back in the bedroom as I took the air pistol and the small box of lead pellets and set them in the front coat closet. I turned around and saw she was already back and was waiting for me to turn before pressing herself into me with a tight hug!

"I love you Jim, so much!" she said quietly, and with a strange ferocity. Not so strange though, if half of what she said was true about how she was feeling.

"Not enough obviously..." I muttered, and then coughed, "...sorry, that isn't fair." She shrugged, but didn't let go of me.

"No, it isn't fair! Not fair to you, not fair to me! Not fair to...to...him!" She spat. Then she let go of me and stomped off into the kitchen and stood on tip toe to reach above the stove and pulled down a bottle of Sailor Jerry's Rum, the one we saved for Christmas to put in our eggnog. She selected two tumblers from the cupboard and walked back to the table.

I poured as she got the ice and we tapped our glasses together and took a drink. I coughed for a moment, not used to taking this stuff straight.

"So, let me recap Sweets...see if I got this right?" I said. Beth nodded and took another longer drink of rum. She reached for the bottle to top off her glass and I reached for it first and pulled it away closer to where I was sitting.

"You met this guy once, for a couple of seconds. You were swept off your feet and your heart goes pitter pat for him. In your head you hate the guy, but in your heart you want to crawl all over him. Even though you tell me you're happily married to me, you want to be with this dickhead...that about right?" I was being as tactful and delicate as a surgeon using a sledgehammer for a heart transplant! Which should have bothered me, since this was my wife I was speaking to. However...until the love of your life tells you she is falling for another man? Reserve judgment on me and how "sensitive" I should be!

Her mouth opened and all she said was "Guh!" and motioned for the bottle. I handed it to her slowly, she snatched it and filled her glass and slammed it down her throat. I heard the ice click against her teeth as she drained it, pretty sure she would have swallowed the ice too if she could have gotten her mouth wide enough!

She set her glass down, cheeks flushed and unshed tears at the corners of her eyes. "Yes and NO Jim! It's what I feel but it's not what I want!" She dragged her notes in front of me. I stared down at them. Then Beth started speaking, her voice desperate.

"What if he is a werewolf? Or something like that? What if these fucking romance stories are real? What if...What if I was supposed to be HIS wife and because I am human I made the choice to marry you? It's the only thing that makes sense! Why else would I feel attraction for someone I would never normally be attracted to? It's...I feel like I am going insane Jim! I don't want this!" I saw her hands rise up to either side of her head, she placed her palms against her temples and started rocking in her chair.

"Saying it out loud, it feels like I am admitting my feelings for him when I don't want them in the first place! Jim...I'm scared!" She said in a small broken voice.

My heart was beating so hard in my chest, I was hurting too, so badly. MY wife was falling in love with another man...er...wolf...um...thing! Her telling me this must have hurt, and I wanted to be mad, I wanted to be angry...furious! I set that aside though as I stared at her slowly rocking, and now the tears were escaping her eyes, and trickling down her cheeks. Some women look beautiful when they cry. Each tear like a diamond, and every sigh like a sad zephyr.

Beth always turned blotchy and red! She didn't ever do things by halves, weeping was one that when she finally let loose her self-control it would be a full out release of misery. I realized then that she must have been holding onto this for a few weeks and didn't want to tell me. That this buildup has wanted to escape her for a while.

I also realized I was being a terrible husband just sitting there and watching her cry!

I came forward out of my chair, it scooted back as I went to my knees in front of her. She must have heard the chair scrape, because even before my fingers touched her she reached out blindly for me. The moment I felt her hands touch she grabbed my head and pulled it to her chest! She toppled over on top of me and it felt like she was trying to worm her way inside of my shirt!

"Need you! Jim! Please...need my husband!" She gasped. Her strong fingers began pulling at my shirt, dragging it up and out of my pants and over my head. Not completely over though, she stopped and let me carry on pulling it off so she could immediately start kissing and touching my chest. I felt her breath and tears on my pecs as she sucked at my nipples and buried her face to rub her wet cheek against me. I dragged my shirt off the rest of the way, listening to her crying and feeling her touches. My arms wrapped around her and I pulled her body along mine so I could kiss her, and see her face. It was blotchy and the little bit of mascara she was wearing was running. I could see she needed to blow her nose since she was still crying so hard...

She was the most beautiful and wonderful woman in the world to me!

I grabbed the edge of my shirt and held the corner of it up to my lady and she rubbed her face on it, drying her eyes and blowing her nose. When she pulled the shirt away she sniffed once and through red rimmed eyes not hidden by the mascara she began to speak,

"Oh, Jim...I'm sorry about your shir...MmmmHmm!" I kissed her, hard, not wanting to hear her speak right then. I needed to taste her lips, the saltiness of her tears dissolving under the touch of my tongue and the murmur of her satisfaction. I groaned into her mouth as I began undoing the front of her jeans. She tried to pull away to help me get her undressed, but I put my hand on the back of her head, not wanting to let her get away.

Through some creative finagling we got both of our pants down around our ankles, Beth still on top of me. With a twitch to the side here, and a small roll of the hips there, the tip of my cock touched something warm and moist. My wife's eyes went wide as she gazed down into mine.

"For you...I see only you." She whispered. Her back arched as she pushed down, and I was home!

Chapter 4

(Fred's View)

I read the paperwork of the Restraining Order again. Same as I had done every morning. My attorney said it was best to stay away for the time being. "Let sleeping bears lay Frederick, if she is the one your wolf has chosen. If she is your soul mate...she will come to you. Give her time."

Time? TIME!? I have waited for so long to find the other half of my soul! My attorney's mate is at home waiting for him to return! He can afford to think about time! My own is out there, waiting. To know that she feels the pull, feels the need for me as I do for her? And she is married to another, probably lying in his arms...my MATE in another man's ARMS!

I felt the change starting to push, my eyes feeling hot in my skull, my fingernails hardening as they started to grow! With a low growl I pushed my wolf down and told it to chase its tail! I had enough grievances without adding to more it.

I am Beta to my Alpha, I am not some run of the mill Were, I have responsibilities, people who work for me and with me. My obligations to the Pack are a tether to my sanity in this trying time.

"My Mate..." I whispered, as I pulled the photograph from the file in front of me. Her hair, body, and eyes. That smile with a hint of her mischievous spirit. Framed in the photo as if she was looking at me. Though I know when the picture was taken she had been looking at her "husband!" Just the thought of that man caused my wolf to growl deep in my chest. I want to say there was nothing special about him. He was simply a human. Nothing extraordinary, had some of the pack look into his background. Vocational school, raised as an only child by parents who are still alive. Diesel mechanic, was raised in an automotive repair shop. Caught shoplifting in his teens, other than that no criminal record.

My Mate has a mother, father died when she was in her early twenties. No criminal record, sells beauty products.

Yet there was so much more there! I wanted to know everything about her. I wanted to see her again, smell her. I wanted to taste her again! Her scent was of honey and milk and a sweet salt like the sea. I had wanted to bury my face in her hair when I had kissed her.

That...man of her's...how dare he get in our way! He tried to take my Mate from me and I had reacted without thinking. Taking hold of him, then he had broken from my grip, dislocated my thumb, which was a simple matter to fix. The harder part was having my friends attack him, that made the situation all the more delicate. My heart was so heavy from having her defend that man. What to do about him though?

I sat back in my chair, considering options. I could kill him easy enough. She would be free then after she had gone through her time of mourning. However I would then be living with his ghost, a shade over my Mate's happiness. No, besides, I remembered his eyes.

Normal men have quailed from looking too long at my eyes. I am a Beta wolf, none but the Alpha can make me look away. This human, Jim, had made me look down first. He had challenged me and I had folded! My wolf snarled at that, and mentally I smacked it in the nose with a rolled up newspaper.

"Don't let pride make any snap decisions." I told myself. It occurred to me as I read through the restraining order again this morning that there was a small but technical loophole. I could not approach my Mate, Beth. But what if I happened to go to Jim's shop for some repairs for my vehicle? Would give me a chance to talk with him, to get to know my "competition" as it were. Who knows...might even find a way to explain things in a fashion?

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Soul Mates
  • /
  • Page ⁨2⁩

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 20 milliseconds