South Mountain Pack Ch. 14

"What the fuck Sal?" asked Alonso as he got to his feet. Seeing Gabby staring at Sal with wide eyes as she tried not to laugh, he said, "Damn, she's beautiful. I wonder if she'd go out with me."

"Oh fuck," said Victor, Paulo, Michael, Enzo and Gino at the same time as Sal growled and whipped his head around to glare at his friend. The boys quickly moved to separate them and Enzo and Gino put their hands under Sal's arms and yanked him towards the locker room.

"Calm down," said Enzo as Sal was struggling to get away. "You know Gabby likes you, though why none of us have a clue. Think about that when you two are sitting together at lunch with her wearing YOUR hoodie proclaiming to everybody that you two are together."

Sal said angrily as he continued to struggle, "Yeah, but I don't like the way he was looking at her. Let me at him so I can rip his fucking head off."

"Really Sal? Isn't he like one of your best friends?" asked Gino as he began to smile. "I'd say you were getting rather possessive over Miss Gabriella Moretti. Now turn around and wave at your girlfriend so she knows you're okay, she looks worried and you don't want her upset, do you?" Sal instantly calmed down and shrugged off his brothers arms turning to wave at Gabby who held up white poster board with his name and number in blue glitter.

Sal turned to his brothers and said with a smirk, "I don't see any girls holding a sign with your names on it." He caught up to Victor and the two ran into the locker room, laughing and talking about the end of the game.

"Bastard," said Gino as he stared at Sal's back.

"Fucking Bastard," added Enzo as he turned to look at his brother. "But he's right. He's fifteen and has an older girlfriend; we're sixteen and have nobody."

"You have me you bunch of idiots," said Damian as he whacked them both on the back. "Do you realize the rest of the team is inside while the two of you are standing out here feeling sorry for yourselves?"

"Fuck off Damian," said Enzo with a scowl.

"And there goes my favorite name again. Come on; let's go inside so you can get cleaned up, both of you are rank," Damian said as he walked with his cousins. "Now that I think about it, I think I'm going to get 'Fuck off Damian' tattooed on my arm as soon as I turn eighteen. Maybe get a skull with a tear coming out of one eye socket, a dagger through the other, a black rose in its mouth with drops of blood coming off the stem with 'Fuck off Damian' in Crypt Keeper font around it."

"Are you fucking serious? Aunt Annie and Uncle Joe would go ballistic," said Enzo as he stopped walking to stare at his cousin.

"Hell no, but it stopped your whining, didn't it?" asked Damian with a smirk before realizing Caitlin wasn't by his side. He turned to look for her aggravated because he told her to stay next to him and when he saw her he began to growl; she was with The Clan, but two boys from SP were walking with her. What got him and his wolf upset was...she was talking to them. "Son of a bitch," he growled walking towards them. When he reached them, he growled at the boys letting his eyes turn amber as he said in a firm voice, "I think it's time you left." Their eyes got big and they hurried inside the training center. He reached inside his gym bag pulling out his hoodie, "Wear this, at least those idiots will leave you alone if you carry my scent."

Caitlin smiled at his possessive tone, "I told those guys you wouldn't like it, but they wouldn't listen to me." He didn't answer just shrugged as he glared at several other boys who were looking at her.

"Put this on," Lorenzo said in a commanding tone as he threw his hoodie at Erin. Without giving her a chance he threw his gym bag on the ground and pulled the hoodie down over her, trapping her arms inside.

Thrilled to be wearing his hoodie, but upset with his attitude she squealed, "You're wrecking my hair and I can't move my arms."

"Deal with it," he retorted as he pulled the strings of the hoodie leading her down the trail to the training center while the girls giggled in the background. He could smell his aged leather scent on her and his wolf started pacing back and forth throwing his head up. They were both agitated because they had seen the looks the boys from SP had given her and they were glad for the excuse to have her wearing his hoodie and more importantly carrying his scent. "When I'm playing, I want you to stay with Paulo and Michael. And don't take my damn hoodie off."

Erin finally got her arms in the sleeves and inhaled deeply as his scent surrounded her. Her wolf was prancing back and forth; tail high in the air as she reveled in the fact her mate was making a claim on them. "You really need to learn some manners. If you wanted me to wear your hoodie, all you had to do was ask."

Lorenzo let go of the strings and grabbed her hand feeling tingles race up his arm as he heard Erin gasp. It was unlike anything he had ever felt before and his wolf stopped pacing and laid down baring his belly. He said in a gruff tone, "Whatever. Don't leave my side, stick to me like glue."

She smiled at him and determined to make him laugh, she said in a bright cheerful voice, "We'll be like two peas in a pod, peanut butter and jelly, jam on toast, cheese and crackers, salt and pepper, hot butter on popcorn, milk and cookies."

"You forgot one." Lorenzo's lips twitched as he tried to hide his smile, but his emerald eyes had a twinkle in them as he said, "Like flies on shit."

"That's disgusting Lorenzo," she slapped his arm playfully and he squeezed her hand as she started to laugh.

He smirked, "Deal with it. Come on, I'm hungry." Without saying anything else, he dragged her to the training center where they immediately went to the side where SMP was standing closely together. Following their training, the girls were standing close to the wall with their brothers/intendeds in front of them. It was a clear message for the other Pack, if they wanted the girls; they had to go through the men. Fifteen minutes later, the JV teams joined them.

Laid out on several tables in the middle of the room was a huge buffet; turkey, ham, roast beef, venison, hamburgers, hot dogs, lasagna, mashed potatoes, Au Gratin's, French fries, and all kinds of salads - macaroni, potato, pasta and veggie. Off to the side in front of a set of doors was a dessert table filled with cakes, pies, puddings, cookies and fresh fruit. Dining areas on each side of the room kept each Pack separate. Carlo looked at Tristan and said in a sarcastic tone, "Are you trying to win the Varsity game by putting the boys in a food coma? If so, it won't work, they could eat the whole fucking buffet and it won't slow them down a step."

Tristan smiled and strode to the front of the room and said, "The buffet is ready. As guests, SMP will go first." Carlo nodded and each grouping came forward in the order they were given by Joe; each grouping consisted of a family plus intendeds so the boys wouldn't feel any anxiety. The Rossi's, Carlucci's, Millers and Moretti's were last since they were the largest grouping. Dante and Carlo who were last in line were joined by Tristan and his family and after the Alphas got their food the three of them plus their Level 5's went to a separate table in the front of the room to continue their private conversation.

Carlo looked around the room. "I haven't noticed any behavior from either Pack indicating a possible declaration, have you?"

Tristan sighed, "No, I'm hoping it's the fact they've been kept separate. Unlike your Pack, our birth numbers are about even, 55% male and 45% female, but we haven't had many in Pack declarations made in the last six months." He turned to Rain, "Is everything set for the 'Meet and Mingle'?"

Rain swallowed before saying, "Everything is setup on the patio. We'd like them to get dessert and bring it there so they'll be relaxed. Of course, only those who haven't had a declaration will go, we don't need possessive mates getting upset if someone looks at their intended." Twenty minutes later Tristan and Carlo stood up informing both Packs that all undeclared males and females over fifteen were to get their desserts and go to the patio for the 'Meet and Mingle'.

Gina said to the girls, "All of you who haven't had a declaration made are to go out to the patio, even if you know who you mate is. Maybe seeing others take an interest in you will make their wolf take notice." The girls nodded and were visibly excited while their brothers looked pensive.

Dante sent Luc a message that he was to go outside too. "Devo?" he asked as he set his drink down. (Must I?)

"Sì, ho promesso alla Nonna abbiamo pensato di provare e trovare il vostro compagno. Se non si riesce a trovare la sua prima di partire, quindi sto valutando se non qui, è possibile visitare la altre confezioni con Frank e Joe," Dante turned to stare at him. (Yes, I promised your Grandmother we would try and find your mate. If you do not find her before we leave, then I am considering leaving you here so you can visit the other Packs with Frank and Joe.)

"I business in Italia, Dante. Vorrei trovare il mio amico quando è il momento, non prima e non mi piace la pressione tutti è messa su di me," Luc responded with a frown. (I have business to attend to in Italy, Dante. I will find my mate when it is time, not before and I don't like the pressure everyone is putting on me.)

"C'è qualcosa che devi dirmi? Si sono terribilmente difensiva," Dante said narrowing his eyes. (Is there something you need to tell me? You are awfully defensive.)

"No, non c'è niente da dire," said Luc with a sigh as he felt his wolf begin to pace angrily. He sent a prayer to Luna and hoped his mate would forgive him; he thought of the diamond necklace he bought for her when he slipped away from everyone at the mall and hoped it would help when he begged her forgiveness. Dante watched Luc rub his hands over his face and smiled to himself. He knew why Luc was hesitant and was giving him every opportunity to tell him, but damn the boy was stubborn. (No, there is nothing to tell.)

Seeing the youngsters get their desserts, the Alphas and Betas headed out to the patio to supervise if a declaration was made. On the patio, the Packs stayed separate with the youngsters staring at each other and after several minutes of this, Carlo and Tristan grimaced at the awkward situation. Carlo sighed loudly and said, "Girls from SMP form a line on this end of the patio, boys from SP form a line on the other and walk past each other slowly." Seeing some of the girls had on hoodies, he said, "And take your hoodies off." He wasn't surprised hearing some low growls from the SMP boys and said to Frank and Joe, "I think we're going to have some declarations soon in our own Pack." As they walked past each other, the boys sniffed deeply as the girls giggled quietly. After they were finished Carlo shrugged and said, "Okay, girls from SP and boys from SMP do the same thing."

Tristan sighed loudly when they finished. "Apparently no declarations will be made today." The Packs separated and the girls put their hoodies back on. He narrowed his eyes as he saw a group of older girls approach the Carlucci boys.

"Hi Damian," one of the girls said with a flirtatious smile, batting her eyelashes and tilting her head as she laid her hand on his arm.

"I'm Lorenzo, he's Damian." He nodded towards his twin as he looked at her and felt nothing but annoyance. His wolf was pacing back and forth wondering why this female who was not their mate was putting her hands on them. Thinking of who his mate could be, he unconsciously glanced at Erin and seeing the hurt look on her face, he shrugged the annoying females hand off him and took a step back.

"Sorry," she giggled. "I noticed the two oldest had mates and figured I'd come and say 'Hi' to the rest of you."

Lorenzo said in a snide tone, "Because we're interchangeable? One Carlucci's as good as the other?"

Knowing how Lorenzo could rip somebody to shreds with his remarks, Damian stepped forward and said smoothly, "That's not true brother, obviously I'm the best looking one out of all of us. You've proven you're the grouchiest and if you want to know about the rest of The Clan...just ask. We all have strengths, but as Carlucci's we have no weakness...unless it's a pretty girls smile." He gave the group his best crooked half smile and the girls began to giggle. He heard Caitlin give an annoyed sigh and turned to her with a smirk on his face. Leaning down he whispered so only she could hear, "I can't help it if everyone likes me. I'm cursed with charm, devastating good looks and a chiseled body that is absolute perfection."

Caitlin's eyes raked him from head to foot, "Gabby was right, you are full of crap Damian Carlucci." With that announcement she turned on her heel heading back into the training room shaking with anger, Damian's laughter echoed her footsteps as he turned to her sister and winked before hurrying after Caitlin.

Tristan said quietly, "I think these mandatory 'Meet and Mingle' events are a big waste of time and quite frankly, a pain in my fucking ass. I know Roberts wants the girls protected but doing it this way keeps everyone on edge."

"I agree, but its Alpha Council orders," Carlo said with a shrug. "You ready to start the game? I think everyone's getting anxious." Tristan nodded and the men strode into the training area and Tristan announced the game would start in fifteen minutes. Anthony, Alberto, Vin, Dom and the other boys with intendeds scented their mates before grabbing their bags and following the rest of the team into the locker room. Now that the 'Meet and Mingle' was over, the boys were more relaxed and went back to the buffet table and demolished everything that was left.

Fifteen minutes later, the Packs were in the bleachers and the men were leaning against the fence as the team Captains walked out for the coin toss, SP won and elected to receive. Anthony, Vin and Alberto ran back to the sidelines for last minute instructions from JR before the Special Teams took the field.

"Anthony's the fastest, so his primary position is Wide Receiver," Carlo said with a smile as he looked at Tristan. "JR put him on special teams because he's having some aggression issues since his declaration, this way he can get some of them out by knocking people on their asses." He turned in time to see the receiver catch the ball on the 22 and take a step before Anthony hit him so hard he flew backwards almost fifteen feet before landing and skidding to a stop on the 3. Anthony ran to him and stood over him before throwing his head back, clenching his fists and howling loudly. There was silence in the stadium as almost everyone bared their neck submitting to the power radiating off of him. Carlo looked at Tristan and Dante and saw they were struggling not to submit to Anthony's power; he could literally feel it in the air, it was rippling over the stadium like a heat wave.

A minute went by before Anthony realized that not only his Pack, but the other Pack had submitted to him. He nodded to them, acknowledging it and ran to the sidelines as though nothing had happened. The Packs sat in stunned silence as they watched him, awed by his physical power and his power as a future Alpha.

"Do you want to tell me what the fuck just happened?" Tristan asked with a frown as he stared at Anthony. Seeing movement on the field, he saw the receiver slowly get up with the help of two players and walk to the sidelines. "I've never felt or seen anything like that before. The power coming off him was so strong it took everything I had not to submit and my wolf was almost cowering in fear."

Carlo turned to Dante and asked, "What did you feel?"

"Son of a bitch, I know you said he was strong Carlo, but I had no idea he was this powerful. I hate to say this, but I agree with Tristan. I've never felt or seen that type of raw power before and he has not even received The Ascension to obtain his Alpha power," Dante said in a near whisper as he continued to stare at Anthony who wasn't breathing hard and was laughing with his teammates.

Carlo took a deep breath before saying in a quiet voice, "The thing that worries me is I don't think he used all his strength either. Frank and Joe said he's been holding back in training and I'd like to find out how powerful he really is." He saw Gina staring at Anthony with a worried expression on her face, "It's okay, he's more powerful than we'd thought. We'll talk about it later." He saw her nod and turn to Rose and Annie and start talking to them again.

Rain cleared his throat before saying, "In our Ancient Texts, there is a fable most people probably aren't aware of. It's called 'Le Guerrier' or The Warrior. I'd have to read it again to get the correct wording, but it talks about powers and a son who after The Ascension will be one of the most powerful who ever lived."

Carlo, Dante and their Level 5's looked at him and Dante said, "We have a similar prophecy ours is called 'Il Guerriero e la fanciulla' or The Warrior and the Maiden. If you do not mind, could you tell us the exact wording? I would like to compare the two to see if there is anything in your prophecy that is different than ours." At Tristan's nod, Rain left the group heading to the basement of the Alpha's house where the Archive room was located.

The men watched the game in silence and Carlo heard Tristan and his men gasp when they saw how fast Anthony ran down field and caught the ball, easily knocking defensive players out of his way as he scored a touchdown. "While we wait for Rain, let's continue our plans," Tristan said and his Betas bought tables, paper and maps out. The two minute warning drew their attention to the field; SMP had possession of the ball and JR had the second string on the field led by Lorenzo as the QB. With ten seconds to go they scored a touchdown, the extra point was good and the first half ended with SMP leading 42 - 10. The teams ran to the locker rooms while the SMP cheerleaders took the field for their routine. The men turned back to their plans and the noise of the boys returning interrupted them and they turned to watch them run onto the sidelines. JR kept the backups in the game and the Seniors plus Anthony were helping to coach from the sidelines.

"I found it," Rain said in an excited tone as he rejoined them. "Sorry, it took so long but its been years since anybody's been in that section of the Archive Room. The book is too delicate to bring outside, but I made copies." He handed copies to the Alphas before giving copies to the others. "My French is a little rusty so I ran it through a translation program and that is underneath."

Carlo took a deep breath before he started to read:

Par la grâce de Luna, le sort d'un fils et une fille de deux puissantes familles permettra d'aligner pour la première fois depuis la naissance du Loup. Avec les guerriers ecliptical la conception et la naissance, le transfert de ses ancêtres pouvoirs collectifs commenceront. Sa portée aura lieu sous le regard vigilant de Luna et il va réaliser que sa pleine puissance à une ascension rapide Luna sous le regard. D'autres vont lui lance le défi, mais ils ne seront d'aucune correspondance pour qu'il sera le plus puissant de vivre.

By the grace of Luna, the fates of a son and a daughter of two powerful families will align for the first time since the birth of the Wolf. With The Warriors ecliptical conception and birth, the transfer of his Ancestors collective powers will begin. His mating will take place under the watchful eyes of Luna and he will realize his full power upon an early Ascension under Luna's gaze. Others will challenge him but they will be no match for he will be the most powerful to live.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 168 milliseconds