Such a Little Thing Ch. 03

Milla and I wrapped our arms around each other and hugged as we walked on. "I guess we're officially 'out' and a couple," she said, the relief in her voice obvious. "What next I wonder?"

"Well, let's give it a few months and I'm sure there'll be a proposal we can consider!" and we both smiled.

EPILOGUE

A few months became six, then seven, then ten. Two shops closed but a new one opened:

CARLUCCIO and TAYLOR Caffè, Gallery and Picture Framing

It's just off the main High Street in the town centre. Both Uncle Graham and Nonno helped us make it happen with money, support, encouragement and, above all, their love. We now even have two part-time employees.

The fact that Milla and I are a couple is an open secret. I'm sure from the occasional black look and snide remark that we've lost a few customers because of that. We've also gained a few too: we do see quite a few same-sex pairs, young people especially, coming in to hold hands and drink coffee. Milla jokes that we've started giving the town a gay scene. I think she may actually be right.

Mum and Dad have accepted that I'm gay -- more or less; they're still a bit uncomfortable with the idea but we're trying to be as patient as we can with them. The fact that gay marriage will be made legal early next year can only help.

Then, two days ago, Milla slipped her hand under mine and held it as she slid a ring onto my third finger... That was all: the feeling of her soft, warm hands enfolding mine as she placed the cool gold ring, with its amber stone between two small diamonds, onto my hand. "Will you marry me, Amber my darling?"

"Milla, my love, with all my heart: yes!"

That was not such a little thing.

-- THE END OF THE BEGINNING --

There is now a sequel, of sorts, to this story: Nemesis Visits.

It's ten years later and Max, Amber's one-time boyfriend, remains an utter, utter bastard, the path of his life strewn with the women he's used, abused and harmed with his vicious selfishness and misogyny. Then, one day, the Goddess takes notice; she decides that retribution for his misdeeds is needed and so sends Nemesis to visit Max with a most unusual punishment.

Can it work? Can Max learn to love and care for women and what happens when he meets Amber and Milla once again?

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 31 milliseconds