The Best Kind of Magic

Sam hissed and Poppy grinned,

"I told him he couldn't dump me because I dumped him first and I'd tell everyone he had a small thingy!"

Sam laughed and pushed the box towards Poppy, who swiped up a caramel chocolate cake pop and devoured it in one bite.

"Sounds like you did yourself a favour Poppy. Sex is great, but you shouldn't waste it on someone who doesn't respect you. And... and you are still so young."

Poppy licked her lips and dived in to select another pastry,

"Yeah, yeah Sam. I know, I should wait until I'm in love and then it will be even better. But it doesn't work like that. My mom says you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince and I guess Brian was just another frog!"

Laughing Sam reached over and handed Poppy a lemon and poppy seed mini muffin. As Poppy took it Sam felt the combined blast of heat and light and braced herself. Her fears were assuaged as she saw Poppy sitting on the swing set in her backyard holding hands with a boy in a skeleton costume as the sun rose. Totally PG.

Sam released her held breath as the boy wrapped his free arm around Poppy's shoulders and she rested her head against him as he dropped a kiss to her head. As quickly as she saw it, the vision disappeared and Sam almost swooned at the sweetness of the image. After every hot sexy picture she'd seen so far tonight, this was the one she really wanted to play out for real.

Whoever Skeleton boy was, he was exactly what Poppy needed after the slimey Brian. Sam wondered if it would wrong to turn him into a slug, just for a day.

"Wow Sam, these cakes are the bomb! Just when I think I've found my favourite, there's another one that's even better! I know I sound greedy but what else have you got?"

Sam laughed as she got up to fill another box, pleased with her vision of Poppy's future and already plotting a spell to bring disrepute to Brian.

Young love was the most fragile of all, Sam had been lucky that her heart went to Callum and she wanted Poppy to have the same warm feelings she did. She didn't expect her to wait forever but the first time was something to be treated with respect. Relieved that Poppy was okay and destined for someone Skeletal yet sweet, she filled another box and returned to her guest who swooped up a raspberry and white chocolate bon bon with gusto.

"Oh no! Sam, I'm so sorry!"

"What! Poppy? What's wrong?"

Tears spilled from Poppy's eyes as she chewed, trying to speak and swallow in tandem,

"I.. I've got no money with me! I've eaten all this cake and I can't pay you. Oh Sam, I'm so sorry."

As she sobbed, Sam leapt up to hug her and saw Skeleton boy wrap Poppy in her arms. He spoke to her and whatever he said made Poppy light up inside, her face erupting into such joy it made Sam want to sing out loud.

"Oh honey! You don't need money here Pops! Whenever you want cake or a chat, I'm here. Totally free and no need for tears."

Poppy sniffled,

"Really?"

"Really. Your folks don't ever need to know just how much sugar you eat and I promise to never tell another soul. I'm your friend Poppy and I hope you feel you can come to me with anything!"

"Thank you Sam. You don't know how great you are. Brian made me feel like I was wrong but if a cool grown up like you thinks I was right, then he's an idiot!"

Sam grinned and handed Poppy a dark chocolate and raspberry cookie which she bit into with gusto,

"I gotta say Sam, I know it's wrong and I'll probably get as fat as a house but I'm loving being here right now. Friendship, advice and best of all free cake!"

As the clock struck nine, the door opened and Aaron sauntered in,

"Free cake? Where? Give me! All the months I've worked here and I never knew free cake was even an option!"

Sam laughed as her assistant dropped in a chair and plucked a hazelnut and coffee cookie from Poppy's box. As he chewed, she noticed his gaze land on Poppy and instantly shift from nonchalance to interest. She also noticed that he was dressed head to toe in a skeleton costume, his face painted in hues of grey and black. Interesting.

"If I let you eat free cake I'd have nothing to sell and wouldn't need you now would I Aaron?!"

"True, true but hey, if I can't get free sugar on Halloween, when can I?"

Scowling but laughing Sam lobbed a candy apple in his direction which he caught one handed, unwrapped and sank his teeth straight into. Poppy stared at the newcomer and Sam introduced them, unsure if Poppy would recognise Aaron in his macabre get up. He recognised her from school but Poppy wrinkled her nose as if trying to place him. Sam was certain that she knew exactly who he was.

"So Aaron, what happened to you? The way you dashed out of here earlier I figured you were going to a rager."

"That was the plan Sam, but just as the party started Mitch's folks came back and threw us all out! What kind of moron invites half the school to a party without making sure his parents are away for the whole night! So I thought I'd drop in here and eat cake, don't want to end up all skin and bones!"

He gestured to his outfit and Poppy giggled, which made Aaron beam, his white teeth a stark contrast to his ghoulish make up.

"I guess I'd better restock then hadn't I? Help yourself to juice, I won't be a second."

Aaron leapt up and followed her into the kitchen,

"Let me help you Sam."

"It's fine Aaron, you stay and chat with Poppy!"

"In a sec! Can't have you carrying heavy trays now can I? Despite my boniness, I'm stronger than I look!"

Again Poppy giggled and Aaron grinned back at her. Something was going on here and it had nothing to do with Sam, which both pleased her and worried her. If she couldn't cast her spells on them, her night would be a total bust.

Alone in the kitchen, Aaron let out a sigh,

"Wow Sam! How do you know Poppy Wells? She's just the prettiest girl in school and she's always surrounded by her mean girl friends and that loser Brian. I've never seen her on her own before!"

It was a miracle he managed to get the words out considering he was still munching on his candy apple and when he started to choke, Sam handed him a cup of cider and slapped his back.

The contact was so fast that all she saw was a blast of light so as he drank she slowly rubbed circles between his shoulders. Sure enough, she saw Aaron and Poppy sitting on a bench down by the lake, dressed for summer and holding hands.

Aaron tenderly brushed a wisp of hair from Poppy's face and leant down to kiss her for a moment before deepening the kiss as Poppy wrapped her arms around his neck.

Stepping back, Sam looked at Aaron and swore she could see his blush beneath the grey pallor of his face.

"Poppy is my next door neighbour, she just dropped in to get the spare key. How do you know her exactly Aaron? And before you answer, Poppy is my friend so I hope your intentions are pure!"

Aaron grinned and poked his tongue out at her,

"I swear on my cold dead heart that my intentions are totally cool Sam! I mean, maybe my thoughts aren't, she is totally cute and I've had a thing for her for ages but she'd never look at a dork like me! She's all loved up with that dork Brian. It kills me Sam, she is just so sweet and funny and super smart and he is like, a total jock! What I wouldn't give to have a girl like Poppy as my girlfriend, I'd be the best boyfriend ever and treat her like a queen and that spaz throws a football and lands her without having to do anything! Life sucks sometimes."

"Oh Aaron. Yes, life sometimes seems unfair but even total dorks like you can catch a break!"

Aaron stared at her in surprise and she laughed,

"What if I told you that Poppy and Brian broke up tonight, her decision, and that I think she might be in need of someone sweet and kind to walk her home."

Aaron's eyes widened,

"Really? You think she'd left me walk her home?"

Sam hugged him and saw a vision of Poppy and Aaron, a few years older in the local park. Aaron dropped to one knee and held out a jewellery box and Poppy burst into tears, obviously tears of joy because Sam could clearly see her mouth the word Yes.

Aaron swooped her into his arms and swung her around before cupping her face and kissing her deeply. As his hands slid down her back to cup her butt, Sam released him.

"I think she would love it if you offered to escort her home Aaron. All women like to be treated like a lady and despite your outfit tonight, you are most definitely a gentleman. Now get out there and be as sweet as I know you can be!"

Aaron gave her a mock salute and dashed out of the kitchen as Sam pottered about giving them time alone. A few moments later, Aaron called out that he was going to take Poppy home and wishing her a Happy Halloween, Poppy echoing his words. Grinning Sam yelled back,

"Have a great life you two!" "What?"

"Sorry! Great night!"

She giggled at the Freudian slip and heard the door close. Counting to ten, she entered the bakery and saw the two walk down the street, Aaron chivalrously wrapping his coat around her shoulders. Sam sighed and just like that, lanterns four and five spluttered out simultaneously.

Eleven o'clock loomed and Sam shifted her gaze from the lone Jack' O Lantern illuminating the window sill and Cal's on the counter. Five spells cast and seemingly granted, not bad for a night's work. She wondered who would enter the bakery next and whether their desires would be as pure as Aaron's and Poppy's or of the sexual variety.

She saw the lights of Alex's Garage turn off and squinting into the darkness, saw David and Alex stagger out, holding hands and looking remarkably dishevelled. Good for them!

She recalled her visions of them, of the look on Alex's face as he ate her pussy and felt the wetness between her own legs. Not long now before she could relieve her own tension and next week when she picked up her one-night stand, she'd start by asking him to eat her out in the same way. So caught up in the scenario of her dark haired stranger between her thighs, licking her clit and teasing her opening with his fingers she was shocked to see Aileen closing the door behind her.

Taking a deep breath Sam stood and welcomed her friend, going to fetch a cup of cider. Aileen took it gratefully and dropped into the chair, drinking half the cup in one go before resting her head on the table. Sam joined her and waited for Aileen to compose herself.

As an ER nurse in the local Hospital , Aileen York worked ridiculously long hours, something that she loved but that 2 years ago had finally driven her husband George into the arms of another woman. As soon as the divorce was finalised George had re-married and thankfully he and his new wife had quickly left town, leaving Aileen to lick her wounds and throw herself back into the job she loved.

Aileen frequently dropped in to Hain's on her way home from work for a herbal tea and a chat and Sam always welcomed her, knowing how tough the loneliness could be and glad to be able to offer her some companionship.

More than once, Sam had suggested Aileen start dating again, but she always shook her head sadly, citing her job, her age, her looks as reasons not to try. Sam thought that Aileen was amazing, kind hearted, caring beyond words and still extremely attractive for a woman in her forties but it all fell on deaf ears.

When George walked out on her, he took more than just his presence, he walked out with the last of her hope.

Aileen lifted her head, and Sam was shocked to see just how exhausted she was. Her normally sparkly green eyes seemed dull and the shadows under her eyes were a stark contrast to the ghostly white of her skin.

"Bad day honey?"

Aileen sighed and sipped her cider,

"No worse than usual Sam. No-one died which is a blessing but like most nights it's just a constant stream of people needing help. Lots of frightened people looking to me to help them and I try my best to comfort them. Tonight we had this adorable little boy come in who'd somehow managed to fall off a roof and shatter his little leg in 8 places! His father was as broken as he was, he'd been out on a date and left the boy with a sitter!"

"Wow! No date should end up in the Emergency Room!"

Aileen gave her a weak smile and yawned,

"Definitely not Sam. He was crying, the poor kid was crying and I'm trying to calm them both whilst running around looking after everyone else. I don't know..."

She sighed again and Sam gave her an encouraging smile, "I just wonder what the point of it all is sometimes. All that pain and hurt and sadness and there's me offering a kind word and a pain pill! It just doesn't seem enough. I mean I try to help but I wonder if I actually am."

"What on earth are you taking about Aileen! You are an amazing nurse and an amazing woman! You spend your life caring for people and without you this town would be worse off! Stop your crazy talk woman!"

Aileen laughed in earnest and Sam grinned, turning to her display cases and filling a box with several slices of cheesecake, her lips barely moving as she cast her penultimate spell,

"Okay Sam! Crazy talk suspended -- Stat! I just wonder if what I'm doing is enough sometimes. Am I the best nurse I can be? Am I doing it right?"

Sam gently placed the box before Aileen and shrugged,

"I think we all feel that way some days but its normal. The trick is not to let these moments of self doubt drag you down."

"And if I can't do that?"

Sam tapped the box and laughed,

"Then you drown those feelings with cheesecake! Or better yet, run a hot bubble bath, pour yourself a big glass of wine and proceed to drown the self doubt with cheesecake eaten in a bubble bath and washed down with wine! That pesky self doubt can't withstand that triple threat!"

Aileen laughed and opened the box, her mouth forming an O of delight as she saw the slices of pumpkin-hazelnut and New York style cheesecake inside.

"I should point out that the Pumpkin one is brand new and you are the first person besides me to get to try it."

"Wow, now that makes me feel super special!"

"That's because you are special Aileen, and if it takes cheesecake to prove it, I'll give you a lifetime's supply!"

Aileen sniffed, the sheen of tears making her eyes sparkle again. Sam reached over to hug her and felt the now familiar heat and light bombard her senses.

She saw Aileen and an unknown but remarkably attractive man walking hand in hand as the man carried a little boy in a leg cast on his shoulders. She watched as they entered a house and put the sleeping child to bed, the look of love on the man's face as he looked at the boy shifting to one of desire as he looked at Aileen.

They closed the bedroom door and walked hand in hand down the hallway before entering the master bedroom. The man pulled Aileen into his arms and took her mouth, his hands mapping her body like a blind man. She saw Aileen unbutton his pants and walk him backwards towards the bed before stripping him of his sweater and pushing him onto his back, her face alive and happy.

Sam pulled back as Aileen started to sob in earnest and Sam wiped her tears with a napkin.

"I'm sorry to cry on you Sam. I'm just feeling a bit down I guess and overtired and way too emotional!"

"It's fine honey. Nothing wrong with a good cry now and again. It's cathartic and stops bloating."

Aileen laughed and between the laugh and the sobs it came out as a hiccup. Both now giggling, Aileen looked younger and Sam rubbed her back to stem the hiccups, glad to be back in her vision of Aileen's future.

The man was now laying naked on the pillows, his cock standing upright and glistening with his arousal. Aileen straddled his thighs and licked him from root to tip, swirling her tongue over the head before retracing her steps.

He stroked her hair from her face as she took him into her mouth, her cheeks hollowing as she sucked him deeper and Sam watched as the tendons in his neck appeared, his control on a knife edge. Again and again, Aileen took his cock into her mouth, her eyes never leaving his face as she took his entire length, the pleasure of the act apparent on her face.

He managed to raise himself onto his elbows as she sucked him again, releasing his erection from between her lips as he spurted his cum into her open mouth. Aileen never stopped licking him, as he pumped stream after stream of spunk onto her tongue, his gaze dreamy as she swallowed each burst. Sated, she lapped him clean and crawled up his prone body before he cradled her face and kissed her. His hands touched her reverently as Aileen sucked his tongue between her lips, his spent cock already showing signs of revitalisation.

Sam grinned and released Aileen, pleased that she had not only great sex but validation in her near future,

"Come on lady. No more tears and no more self doubt. You are a gorgeous, sexy, amazing woman and you need to start owning it! Now go home, run that bath, drink your wine, eat both slices of cheesecake and get some sleep. You'll feel so much brighter in the morning, I promise."

Aileen stood and picked up the patisserie box before kissing Sam on the cheek,

"I can't thank you enough Sam. No matter what life has thrown at me, you've always been there for me and I can't imagine a better friend than you."

Sam blushed and waved her off,

"Awww shucks Aileen, that's what friends are for. If I was ever in a bind, you'd do the same for me."

"In a heartbeat!"

They grinned at each other as Aileen opened the door and swept off into the night. Still grinning, Sam waved her off, whispering her incantation into the night and turned to the sixth Jack O' Lantern which finally flickered out as Aileen walked out of view.

Still smiling, Sam checked the clock. Only 5 minutes left until midnight. She had accomplished so much, 6 spells given out with honest intentions and 6 lanterns extinguished, evidence that each of the recipients would achieve their hearts desire.

Everything had gone to plan and as she cited her incantation for the hundredth time she wondered if she would finally get her own wish. Outside on the street, people were going home, couples held hands and parents carried sugared out sleeping children back to their beds.

She smiled, happy that her little town was settled and that she had been able to help in her own way. Witches were not allowed to use magic to benefit themselves directly but she had found a loophole. She may not be able to call Callum back to her and fall madly in love with her but she could cast a spell that made his heart's desire come true. It would always pain her to know they would never be together but if she could make sure he was safe, happy and loved, it might give her some peace.

Locking the door, Sam turned towards the seventh Jack O' Lantern and paused. Everything that had happened tonight had led up to this moment. She'd felt heat and light, seen passion and love and lust and ached, for the love she would never experience and the lust she would soon sate. Composing herself, she placed her hands on the counter either side on the pumpkin and began to recite her final spell,

"I nunc amit me tea mare simul lorem ipsum dolor Callum et eius caritas quoqu sicerit in me ex caritate."

The words fell from her lips as she recited the spell again, her words pleading for Callum to find his true love and live a happy life. She stared into the eyes of the pumpkin, his crooked grin mocking her as she chanted the Latin again and again.

So caught in her magic, Sam didn't hear the heavens open or the crash of thunder that rattled her windows. It was only when the lightening broke and illuminated her bakery with white light that she turned, just as her locked door burst open and a rain soaked figure fell through. Adrenaline coursed through her veins as the figure staggered towards her and she flexed her fingers, preparing her defence magic. If this drenched stranger tried to ambush her he would pay the highest price.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 11 milliseconds