The Bowler Hat Brigade

No wonder, I could not help but cry!

No wonder, I could not keep my tears at bay!

Just the THOUGHT, was enough.

Just the thought, just the very thought, of another 25 years, of THIS!

And, that was if I was LUCKY!

If the threatened Public Sector Spending cuts DID come to pass, it could mean many more years, than that.

Many more years, of THIS!

OF THIS!!

For the rest of that day, Monday -- 1st -- March -- 2010, which was my 40th birthday, and also the first day of my second 25 years of service as a Civil Servant, apart from just a very few, and well spaced out 'rest breaks', when my Superiors sent me to the kitchen to make tea, for them, I was 'passed along', gradually, and at regular intervals, underneath the Desks of the Parliamentary Secretaries of my Section, until, finally, I eventually found myself lying supine, underneath the dark hosed feet, and the tan hosed feet, of the 2 Parliamentary Secretaries, who occupied Section Desks Numbers 19 and 20, Section 5, of the Whitehall Secretariat in which I served, as a Civil Servant in Her Majesty's Government, and, as a member, of The Bowler Hat Brigade.

What had begun, as a decidedly unsavoury experience, underneath the Desks, and underneath the tan hosed feet of my Superiors, Parliamentary Secretaries, Miss Suzanne Forsythe, and Miss Annabel Carstairs, the Section Head, who occupied Section Desks Numbers 1 and 2, became ever more of a harrowing ordeal, as my hideous predicament became more and more distressing, as the widely varying, but almost invariably traumatizing odours, from the dark hosed feet and the tan hosed feet of the Parliamentary Secretaries, became more and more offensive, and my torment became more and more intolerable, as the day slowly wore on.

On Monday -- 1st> -- March -- 2010, this, was how I, David Unnworthy, began th the second 25 years, of my 50 year Political Career, and of my chosen vocation, just exactly, as I had said to one of my younger, and rather more talkative and more sociable, of my Office colleagues, my chum, Harvey Dinsdale; "Oh, pretty much the same, as my first 25 years, Dinners".

Ladies and Gentlemen:

You are now cognizant, of the contents of my Diary entries, for Monday -- 1st -- MarMarch -- 2010.

The Diary, in which I assiduously chronicle, the daily events, and the trials and travails, and the peaks and troughs (mostly troughs, it has to be said!), of my life's work, of my Political Career, and of my chosen vocation, as a Civil Servant in Her Majesty's Government, and, as a member, of The Bowler Hat Brigade.

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I, David Unnworthy, am just one, just one of the many, of the taken for granted, faceless, anonymous minions.

I, David Unnworthy, am just one, just one of the many, of the over-worked and under-paid, of the unsung and unlauded, and of the unappreciated, but uncomplaining.

I, David Unnworthy, am just one, just one of the many, of the selfless and dedicated, Bowler Hatted Civil Servants, who labour tirelessly, in the background, and who toil indefatigably, behind the scenes, for the Crown, and for the British Government, and for the British people.

I, David Unnworthy, am just one, just one of the many, who chose a lifetime, of dedicated service, and of self denial, for a better Britain.

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I, David Unnworthy, am just one, just one of the many, of the smallest, and seemingly insignificant and inconsequential, yet nonetheless vital and indispensable cogs, without which, the well oiled and colossal engine of Her Majesty's Government, could not function, and would grind to a seized up standstill.

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I, David Unnworthy, am just one, just one of the many, of The Bowler Hat Brigade.

THE END.

Comments welcome.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 152 milliseconds