The Credit Card Caper Ch. 01

"Not much there." I reported to Teresa and E.J. when I returned to Headquarters. "I was thinking she was doing some big secret thing that the CIA might have 'disappeared' her for, but that doesn't appear to be the case."

"Sure you were looking at real data and not planted data designed to mislead?" asked Teresa. She was cynical, and rightly so.

"This stuff wasn't even classified Top Secret." I said. "Just Secret. I'd say what I saw was legitimate, but I have other sources that can confirm it for me."

Teresa smiled, not saying out loud that one of my sources was my wife Laura.

At that point, Sonali and Lainie came to the Vice room. I asked them to join Teresa, myself, E.J. and Cindy in Classroom 'C', which was Vice's equivalent to MCD's Classroom 'E'.

"The charitable trust that Alicia Foster was giving money to, is gone. Totally gone." said Lainie. "There was about $200,000 in it, but it was emptied last June and then shut down. There were three women whose names were in the trust: Alicia Foster, Mary Hathaway... and Karla Warner, wife of the deceased Anthony Warner of the company Alicia Foster worked for."

"And the same Karla Warner that is now a convicted murderess." I noted drily. "What about this Mary Hathaway?"

"Sir, we can find nothing on this Mary Hathaway." said Sonali, in good English but with an Indian accent. "It is as if she does not exist anywhere. The FBI was also unable to help us find any information about this woman."

"Hmmm..." I said. "Now why does it occur to me that this Mary Hathaway may just be the woman we're looking for, i.e. the woman who tried to buy the gun at Cummings Outdoors?"

Teresa Croyle asked the techs "So there was no 'Mary Hathaway' that worked at DynaCorp?"

"No ma'am." said Sonali. "And no drivers' license in this or any other State. The Social Security number on the documents for the charitable trust was a fake, as well."

"Pretty obvious that 'Mary Hathaway' is a fake name, fake identity all the way around." I said, more to myself than anyone else as I mused over the information. "So, Lieutenant Croyle, what's your plan of action?"

"Uh, I guess to send someone to State Women's Prison to interview Karla Warner?" Teresa said. "Though I'd imagine that they'd drive nearly three hours to get to Madison County and State Women's Prison, only to have Karla Warner invoke and refuse to say a word about any of it."

"Maybe not." I said. "Karla went to prison over a year ago, what, June-July of last year? Maybe she doesn't know the trust has been emptied. Certainly she won't talk to me, but maybe she'll talk to a couple of you?"

"I'll send Julie Newton and E.J." said Teresa.

"Tell you what, send Lorena Rose, as well." I said.

----------

The door clanged shut behind Karla Warner as she was brought into the interrogation room at State Women's Prison. Julie Newton and Lorena Rose were at the table. E.J. Jefferson and a Prison guard were watching from behind the one-way mirror.

"So, you didn't send your great Iron Crowbar?" Karla said with something of a sneer on her face, making it less attractive than it should be. "Well then, what can I do for Town & County's Finest?"

"Mrs. Warner," said Julie Newton, "we think you may have been defrauded of some money in a trust fund, so we would appreciate your cooperation in answering some questions, and perhaps get some of your money back for you."

"Go ahead." said Karla, her voice unfriendly and cautious.

"Mrs. Warner, did you have a charitable trust with an Alicia Foster and Mary Hathaway?" Julie asked.

"Alicia Foster and I formed one." said Karla. "I have no idea who Mary Hathaway is, though."

"How much money did you put into the trust?" asked Julie.

"About $75,000." said Karla. "Alicia put in more, nearly $100,000 at the time I was arrested. Once I came here, I've heard nothing about the trust except for one report last December, from Alicia."

"Why did you and Mrs. Foster set up the trust?" asked Lorena Rose.

Karla Warner paused, considering something. "Let me first ask this... I may never get out of this prison. How can I turn the money, my part of it, over to my daughter?"

The Detectives looked at each other, then Julie Newton said "Mrs. Warner, the trust was closed down after the money was taken out. There's nothing left, nothing at all, to sign over to your daughter. That's why we're here."

Karla Warner just stared at the two women. "It's been shut down? By who? Alicia?"

"Mrs. Warner..." said Lorena, her voice connoting advance warning of something ominous about to be said, "... are you aware of what has happened to Alicia Foster?"

Karla said "I heard from her last Christmas, when she and our lawyer gave me the annual report of the trust, per legal requirements. I haven't heard from her since. Why? What happened?"

"Mrs. Warner," said Lorena, "Mrs. Foster was killed in an automobile accident last February."

"Oh my God!" Karla said, totally shocked, her voice barely above a whisper. "I... I had no idea!"

"And you said you have no idea who Mary Hathaway is?" asked Julie. "She was the third person listed as part of your charitable trust."

"No, I've never heard the name." said Karla. "What happened to the trust again?"

"It was closed this past summer."

"I can't help you." said Karla. "I have no idea what happened to it. My daughter has power-of-attorney over my affairs, but that was one thing I hadn't told her about. Who could have closed it, if Alicia is dead and I'm in here?"

"That's one thing we want to find out. By the way, you never answered the question." said Lorena Rose incisively. "Why did you set up the trust with Mrs. Foster?"

Karla sighed. "I guess it doesn't matter now. At the time, Alicia and I set it up to hide money from our husbands. Alicia said she wasn't actually planning to leave her husband, but she wanted an insurance policy in case she decided to 'move on', as she said. She was with the CIA, as well, and when the news broke about Sommes and Willoughby's treason, I thought she might be in league with them, and that that was what she meant about setting up the contingency plans. Of course, we both were able to use the charitable trust to shelter our money from taxes, but the plan was to let the money grow, then split it up when the time came for her to 'move on'."

"As for myself," Karla continued, "you're probably aware of the sequence of events that led to the murder of my husband. I began putting money into the trust when things first began going badly, about six months before Robert Schelle murdered him. It was a rainy day fund for the time I knew was coming. As you know, things turned out much differently than I'd expected."

Part 5 - Rounding Out The Picture

"Teresa, E.J.," I said on the morning of October 19th, "go bring in Spence Foster, and put him in Interrogation-A. I want to ask him some pertinent questions, and I want him to feel just a little bit agitated."

As they left, Dr. Woodrow and J.R. Barnes of the Crime Lab came into my office. "The results of our tests on what was left of that car confirm what you were looking for." said the youngish-looking J.R. Barnes, and he proceeded to give me their results. "It was easy enough to find, even now after months of the car sitting there in the elements."

That got me to scouring the computer for the newer records from Ward Harvester that we'd obtained under warrant when Ned used the site to confront me for the final time. Old Man Ward was being a bit better about his recordkeeping, I noticed. I found what I needed to know...

-----------

"Yes, Alicia Foster had closer ties to the CIA than just working for DynaCorp as an engineer." said my wife Laura. It was the same October 19th, just before lunchtime, and we were in her office on campus, and Laura was on the sofa whose back was to the door. I was on the other sofa and Gayle Roberts was sitting next to me, cuddled up to me with her legs under her, with my arm around her.

"No," continued Laura, "she was not in league with nor tied to Willoughby and Sommes in any way, at least not that the Company knows about. She possibly had some ties to the Corrigan cell, but they're being slow about responding to my inquiry about it. I suspect they may be beginning to keep me out of the loop, even though the remnants of the Corrigan cell are still out there somewhere... and Henry R. Wargrave is still around."

"Don't stress on it." I said. "Though I don't think that's why they're being reticent about Alicia and her contributions to Corrigan's cell."

"I am pleased to say," said Laura, "that my greatest contribution to that cell was exterminating Bartholomew Scott with extreme prejudice. I'm not sure what it says about me that I rejoice so much in what I did, but that's how I feel."

"I feel the same way." I said. "Watching you blow his ass away was a joy to behold, and I don't mind saying it. So... Alicia Foster wasn't involved in anything you can tell that would get her killed or otherwise 'displaced' by the CIA?"

"No, not that we can tell." said Gayle Roberts, who was also a CIA agent under Laura's command. "I was her handler at DynaCorp. She really was not much more than an engineer for the CIA contracts there and a Company 'insider' watching out for our interests."

"So, and this is only if you can tell me," I asked, "what were the ramifications of Sommes and Willoughby? Gayle, did they come down on you?"

"They never said, but I'm sure they investigated me very thoroughly." Gayle said, the smell of her perfume wafting into my nose, beginning to arouse me. "I always figured that Laura rescued me by bringing me here to work with her."

"That's half true." said Laura. "I was glad to bring you on, but it wasn't to rescue you from any trouble. But Don, we really can't say any more about it... especially since you're a consultant for the FBI now." My wife's eyes were half amusing, half anger... she still had not quite gotten over my way of avoiding compulsory CIA service.

"I understand." I said. "Well, ladies, I appreciate your help as it pertains to my case. And maybe I can show you... that appreciation." I turned and kissed Gayle on the mouth, which turned into a long, lingering kiss. My wife's eyes sparkled as she watched, enjoying the sight.

"So, what do you think is going on?" Gayle asked, breaking the kiss, keeping up the conversation to tease me a bit and prolong the buildup to what was about to happen.

"Oh, this one is embarrassingly easy." I said. "I just need to find our credit card fraudster. Now why don't I take you two ladies into the bedroom next door..." I kissed Gayle again, "... so I can deeply probe these CIA assets..."

"I'm still not medically cleared to have intercourse." said Laura, who was still recovering from her hysterectomy. "Gayle, why don't you take my husband into the bedroom next door, and let him empty his big blue balls into that sweet cunt of yours?"

"Mmm, sounds like a very good idea, but you have to come and... help us out I can't handle this FBI stud by myself, you know." said Gayle, her eyes twinkling mischievously. I took her hand and led her into the back areas of the office suite, Laura following closely...

--------

The room was quiet but for the staccato slaps of flesh-on-flesh as I pumped Gayle Roberts on the bed. Gayle was nude except for the high heel nude/tan pumps she was wearing, which made her shapely legs and ass all the sexier. I had her legs hooked under my arms as I fucked her tight, wet pussy with hard, driving strokes, my balls beginning to ache.

Laura was lying on her side next to us. As I adulterously fucked the beautiful woman beneath me, my wife and I shared deep, tongue-twining kisses that only added to the intense sexual pleasure of copulation. Gayle was sucking Laura's big, milk-filled breasts, enjoying the hot snack as she accommodated my size and powerful thrusts, her cunt clutching at me as sheathed my iron-hard meat to the hilt inside her glorious warmth.

"Oh yeah, darling, fuck her!" Laura whispered. "Fuck her hard and deep. Give it to her!" I felt my nut rising as Laura's hand caressed my hard asscheeks. My wife had lubed up her fingers and my anal bud, and now I felt her finger began probing my ass. I knew what was coming, and tried to relax as Laura slid her left index finger into my asshole, slowly but steadily sliding it deeper. She pulled back out, lubed up the finger some more, then slid back in until she was knuckle-deep. I felt her begin to massage my prostate, which I knew was going to make me blow my wad... and sure enough, I was lost.

"UHHH!! I'M COMING!" I gasped out as I felt the first spurt of thick jism blast from my cock hardly before I even realized I was climaxing. More spurts followed as Laura continued to orally plunder my ass. I rammed my meat into Gayle and pulled her asscheeks to me, making sure to get every drop as deep into her wonderful cunt as I possibly could...

To be continued.

*****

So, who is the credit card fraudster?

And how will the Iron Crowbar bring the culprit to Justice?

There's still more mystery and intrigue to come in Chapter 2, so keep reading!

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 34 milliseconds