The Deep End of Your Dreams Ch. 12

"How so?"

"Children need to develop in an atmosphere of trust and understanding, tempered with affection. Without these things, children grow to become emotionally distrustful, even mean."

The words washed over Ben Levy and he struggled to understand the meaning behind her words. Had she just told him he was mean, and not trustworthy? Surely that was not love?

She watched his reactions, the reactions of a child, of someone who had not the slightest idea of what it meant to be human, and that only made her more curious. It was no longer a question of who he was; it was more now that she didn't know what he was?

Human? Yes, of course, but he hadn't been born in the 1800s -

That just couldn't be. Could it?

"Come with me," she said. "Let's get some more wood."

The only thing she knew just then was that she had to keep him talking. The more tired he became, the more he talked... The more he talked, the less she understood, but that wasn't important now.

She remembered everything, every word he said. When he went to sleep she would go to the lab, because there was much to do now.

(c) 2017 Adrian Leverkühn | abw

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 25 milliseconds