• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Celebrities & Fan Fiction
  • /
  • The Dragonborn Comes Ch. 20

The Dragonborn Comes Ch. 20

123

Chapter 20 - Decisions

*****

After hearing his story, I could only feel sympathy for Caridin. I really mean that. But despite what he said, I could also see the benefit of the Anvil. The dwarves had been driven all the way back to Orzammar without it. With the Anvil, they could finally on the front foot and start to reclaim their homeland. I hadn't even had a chance to express those thoughts when Branka finally made her appearance.

Seeing her up close for the first time, I'm sure at one time she'd been a real beauty. But two years in the Deep Roads, of seeing her House torn apart, of people she'd probably loved sacrificed, the fact she was pretty much insane, had robbed her of much of it. But she had a steely resolve in her eyes that couldn't be ignored, and her voice carried authority, no matter which side of the fence you sat on. I listened to what she had to say about preserving the Anvil, and I knew the decision was now resting in my hands.

I really hated that sometimes, deciding the fate of an entire people.

Holding up a hand, I walked to the Anvil itself. I had no idea what it was made from. I figured it was magical, and I knew a little about lyrium. I knew what sacrifices were required to make golems. Caridin had hidden nothing from me. Wynne even mentioned it was equivalent to blood magic. The worst part is that I could see both the advantage and disadvantage. Destroying the Anvil was simple, but would probably lead to killing Branka. Preserving the Anvil would no doubt result in a fight with Caridin, but what would I do with Branka afterwards? Allow her to live? I mean, she was smart enough to figure out how to work the Anvil. She'd have golems ready for us to fight the darkspawn in next to no time.

It was a choice: the sympathetic choice, to support Caridin, or the pragmatic choice, to support Branka. Whatever I did was probably going to piss some people off. I'd need to do a lot of explaining after the inevitable fight.

"We're keeping the Anvil," I stated.

No-one dared argue. At least not yet. Caridin wasted no time going on the attack. I really didn't want to attack him, not going on the offense, pleading with him to see my reasoning why. But he wouldn't listen. He couldn't listen. I understood why. His very creation had turned him into what he was now. But I was in a battle to save Thedas itself. I needed any advantage I could get.

I used my Thu'um to blow him over the edge of the canyon, into the river of lava below. I turned to see Shale fighting the rest of my group. I ran towards them and pleaded with Shale too, that I was doing it for the right reasons. But the golem wouldn't listen.

"Please don't make me kill you!" I yelled.

But Shale wouldn't and couldn't listen, enraged as it now was. I ordered everyone to remain where they were. I would do this myself and live with it on my conscience alone. Further and further back I pushed until Shale teetered on the edge of the canyon. I saw it look behind. "You don't have to do this," I pleaded.

"I die free, Dragonborn," Shale stated, before she disappeared from view. I stepped forward just in time to see her body disappear under the lava flow.

Collapsing to my knees, I admit that I wept. I didn't want Caridin to die. I definitely didn't want Shale to die. They didn't have to die if they'd just understood why. But I knew I had to make a hard choice... No-one dared approach me, leaving me alone until I felt nothing but fury overtake me. Rising to my full height, I turned, wiping my eyes as I made straight for Branka. I could actually see the fear in her eyes as I raised my sword. Ohgren looked ready to intervene, a hand on each shoulder from Sten and Alistair holding him back.

Sword at her throat, I had to stop my voice growling. "Can you work it?" She nodded. "Then it had better be worth it."

"It will, Dragonborn. I understand you've been searching for me due to politics in Orzammar?"

"I need a crown for the new king."

"Then, if you don't mind waiting, I can make you a new one. It will take a few hours."

"That's fine. We can make camp here."

I turned and walked away immediately, to the far side of the cavern, just so I could be alone, to get my thoughts in order before I spoke to the rest of the group. I took at least an hour, spending a good ten minutes whacking my sword against a stone wall, letting all the rage out as I screamed. I'm sure they probably thought I was going as mad as Branka. We probably deserved each other.

Once I felt a modicum of normality, I sheathed my sword and returned to the group, asking them to take a seat. "First, a bit of honesty. Who agreed with the choice I just made?"

Ohgren, Sereda, Brosca, Zevran, Morrigan and Sten raised their hands. I could only nod, looking at Alistair, Cerys, Wynne, Solona and Leliana. The latter three were upset, probably at the loss of Shale and seeing me have to fight Caridin. Alistair looked disappointed. Cerys looked pissed off. "Do you at least understand why?" I asked quietly.

"Wardens must make difficult choices during a Blight, Dragonborn," Alistair replied, "I just never thought..."

"She's insane, Ragnar," Wynne added, "And the magic involved in the Anvil is unsettling."

I looked at Leliana, who wiped her eyes before having her say. "Losing Shale is hard. We were just getting to know her."

I nodded. "I thought of Shale as a her in those last moments too," I said quietly.

"You're a fucking idiot," Cerys stated harshly. I didn't retort. This was a chance to get it off their chests. "But I'm glad I didn't have to make it," she added, her tone softening immediately.

I looked at Solona, but she just shook her head, returning a crooked grin. I think seeing me fight Shale had been hard for her too.

I took a knee in front of all of them. "I am the Dragonborn, feted to save Tamriel from Alduin, and now responsible for saving Ferelden, if not all of Thedas, from the Blight. The choices I've had to make have not always been easy. Sacrifices are sometimes necessary to win. I have not always come out with my hands clean. It's impossible during battles such as this. Do not doubt that Branka is probably insane. But she is a Paragon. I have heard what she is responsible for. I believe, with her assistance, and the Anvil, that victory is closer, and that the dwarves now have a chance at reclaiming their lost thaigs. But I will ensure it comes with conditions. I will ensure Caridin has a legacy worthy of his name."

"We might not all agree, but we can certainly understand, Dragonborn," Alistair stated. Most of the group nodded.

"Just give us a little time to process what has happened," Leliana added.

Leaving the group to their own devices, I approached Branka, who was busy at work. "There will be conditions to this, Branka. I will tell you. Then I will tell the king. You will only accept volunteers. And by the gods, if I hear even a whisper of anyone being dragged here against their own free will, I will walk back through these Deep Roads and throw you into the lava. Do I make myself clear?"

"Crystal."

"Good. Because if I hear the king is responsible, I'll be dragging him here and throwing him in beside you. I will not have Caridin's and Shale's sacrifice be for nothing. You heard what he said. I will not have a repeat of it. I already have their blood on my hands. I will not have the blood of innocent dwarves on my hands too." Walking forward to stand beside her, I continued. "You know you're fucking insane. Don't deny it. No-one in the right frame of mind would sacrifice their entire House, commit the atrocities you did, if they were sane. Part of me thinks I should haul you back to Orzammar to face justice. But there is a bigger picture. You will work the Anvil for me, and for your people. That will be for redemption."

"You will have golems in time to face the Blight, Dragonborn. On that, you have my word."

Mood in camp that night was low. Little surprise really. I ate but said little. No-one had much to say, in all honesty. Part of me just wanted to get blind, rotten drunk, but I said we'd do that on return to Orzammar. Alistair eventually cracked a couple of jokes, as did Ohgren, and that led to a few laughs, and the mood did eventually lift. I headed to bed early, not expecting any company that night.

To my surprise, all four came to join me. Leliana arrived first, and all I did was hold her as she cried. She near enough got me going. She didn't blame me for the choice. She knew it was almost impossible. She was just tired of death, knowing so much more was on the horizon. Solona was next, and I hugged her too. All she said is that she would miss Shale and her witticisms. So would I.

The two dwarves were next, lying to either side of Leliana and Solona. They had agreed with my decision, looking at it from a purely dwarven perspective, knowing that a new army of golems would protect Orzammar and help take back the fallen thaigs. Sereda didn't trust her brother, but I told her what I'd told Branka. Both would die by my hand if they didn't agree.

Once Branka had a crown ready for us, I wasted no time in departing for Orzammar. Having cleared a path to the Anvil, our return was a lot quicker, as we didn't have to spend hours if not days fighting through darkspawn and monsters. And I think part of us just wanted to get the hell out of the Deep Roads. Far too many bad memories.

It took five days of near endless marching to return to Orzammar. All we did was march, eat and sleep. I slept alone every night, telling the four of them I definitely wasn't in the mood. I might have wanted their company, but I lay awake most of the time, my mind in turmoil. We returned at night, so any crowning would have to wait until the next day. Our mood picked up the closer we returned to Orzammar, and once we passed through those massive gates into the city itself, we all shared handshakes and hugs for a somewhat successful mission. Everyone recognised us, asking for new of Branka and the Anvil. I said all would be revealed once the new king was crowned.

We made straight for the royal palace. All we told Bhelen is that we had a crown ready for the new king, but for now, we needed rest and relaxation after nearly two weeks in the Deep Roads. He agreed immediately, stating the palace was open to us again.

I headed straight to one of the thermal baths, asking one of the servants to ensure I had privacy, and to only allow in members of my team if they wanted to join me. I stripped naked immediately, throwing my armour to the floor, before I wasted no time stepping into the pool. Taking a seat on one of the stone seats, I slowly felt two weeks of sweat, blood, and endless fighting leave my body. Leliana was first to arrive, watching her naked body descend, carrying a small cloth and a bottle of soap. Solona, Brosca and Sereda all arrived together, the four taking their time washing me.

"I definitely don't deserve this," I muttered.

Leliana just shushed me as they made sure my entire body was clean. I made sure I returned the favour, all four of us washing Leliana, before Solona, Brosca and Sereda had their turns too. Brosca hadn't told lies. She hadn't washed since that night we shared in the tent. Part of me was a little disgusted. Part of me though it was hilarious. Part of me thought it was rather kinky. But considering none of us had washed the entire time in the Deep Roads, we were all stinking filthy anyway.

We then sat back and relaxed, the girls having brought some alcohol with them. I'm sure others were already drinking, so I didn't feel guilty knocking back a beer or two as we relaxed. I didn't say much, the four girls chatting amongst themselves. All I did was appreciate their individual beauty. They all had their qualities, each with something that made them attractive to me. I was in love with three of them. I adored Sereda already and figured I'd soon fall in love with her too.

After at least an hour or so in the bath, we headed to the dining room, wearing only our towels, where platters of food had already been laid out for us. It appeared at least one or two had headed to bed, though Cerys and Alistair were still up, I assume waiting for the rest of us. Ohgren was still up too, little surprise to see a tankard in his hand. We joined them at the table and started to stuff ourselves, as supplies had started to run a little low on our return.

"I don't think you're an idiot," Cerys said once I'd pushed my plate forward to signify I was done.

"You were angry. It's fine."

"No. I shouldn't have spoken like that in front of everyone. It undermines your authority."

I couldn't help chuckle. "Cerys, I'm not General Dragonborn or anything. I have merely assumed the leadership of this merry little gang. Sure, I'd like my orders followed, but you also have your own minds, your own thoughts, your own ideas. And when I ask for your opinion, I'd like you to give it. So if you think I'm acting like an idiot, I'm not going to take offence. Regarding the Anvil and Branka, I made the pragmatic choice. Do I think it was the right one?" I shrugged. "Only time will tell. But I think having golems will assist us against the darkspawn."

The mood lifted as I think they finally understood the decision I made, and that it was probably an impossible choice. I didn't want to sit around drinking all night, so I bid the others farewell, joined by the other four. At the door to the room I'd been in early, I turned to all four of them. "So..."

"Sereda," Leliana said, Solona and Brosca nodding their agreement. With a kiss on the cheek from each other them, they left me alone with Sereda, who I simply grabbed by the hand and escorted into the bedroom. Locking the door, so we would have complete privacy that night and in the morning, I grabbed the bottle of wine sitting on a nearby table as Sereda sat on the edge of the bed. Pouring each of us a glass, I sat down next to her, offering a glass, and we drank the wine in silence.

"You're nervous?" She nodded. "Why? We've done at least a little something before."

"I'm alone with you this time. And I've thought about it every night since then. But I'm also... Well, I know what's between your legs. I'm just hoping it won't hurt."

"I'll do everything I can to ensure it won't."

She smiled and sculled the rest of her wine. I just put mine down and was taken slightly by surprise when she leapt on me. So much for nerves! She was a good kisser though, and I tried not to break it as I at least moved most of my body onto the bed, my feet still dangling off the edge. I'll say this about her. She was bloody cute. Her eyes were stunning, and they were made crystal by her near jet black hair. She had changed into a dress upon our return to the palace, as had Brosca, and she took delight in taking that off to reveal her naked body.

"I came prepared," she said, leaning down to continue kissing me. I just ran my hands up and down her back, feeling the occasional scar, knowing she'd earned them fighting, just like the rest of us. Running my hands down her body, I ran them under towards her pussy, running a finger down her slit, a little surprised to feel she was already rather wet. She broke the kiss to gasp. "I've been thinking about this since we were in the bath," she admitted.

"I've been thinking about it all the way through the Deep Roads."

She blushed as she added, "I have since you released me from prison. I've talked with Solona and Brosca. The hero who saves the day. And it seems like he gets the girl too." She chuckled. "Four now, so far." I fondled her for a little while as we continued to make out before a shuffled back a little more. Being a dwarf, she was rather light, so I was able to lift her up, earning a squeal and a laugh, before I had her straddling my face. She looked down in surprise. "You're sure?"

I answered that by running my tongue along her slit. That ended any further questions as she was soon grinding along my face. I don't know what it is about all the women I'm currently with, but I loved the taste of all of them. Even Cerys, who was no longer part of the group. Gently holding her in place by her legs, she ignored her clit for the time being, just focusing on everything else, wanting to draw out her orgasm out. I figured the bigger one she had, the wetter she was, the easier she'd be able to take my cock.

"Blessed Stone, you're good at this."

I lifted her up for a moment. "Thanks!" I stated, my tone earning a laugh, before she lowered herself down so I could continue doing it. I wouldn't say she was soon gushing, but she was definitely leaking and I loved it. I think it was now time to up the tempo, so I switched to teasing her clit too, and that sent a jolt up her body when I did it the first time. She had to lean forward slightly, placing a hand on the bed, as I now switched most of my attention to her clit. She was now grinding my face and nearly my nose at the same time, and I knew she was getting close, because in between her moans and her heavy breathing, she did manage to tell me.

In such a position, I managed to change my own, getting in behind her as she placed her head on the bed and lifted her arse, thrusting it back into my face. I soon had her crying out my name, holding onto her as she cried out a final time before she had an almighty orgasm. When it passed, she collapsed onto the bed, her face flushed red, her body quivering as I rested beside her. With her eyes closed, she appeared to be fast asleep, though her eyes opened a minute later, a broad smile forming.

"Wow," she whispered.

"Glad you enjoyed it."

"What about you?"

"Making love will be more than enough, Sereda."

"You'll need to be undressed for that. Give me a few minutes and I'll help."

I couldn't help look up and down her body. I'll say it right now. Her arse was fantastic, grabbing a handful of firm buttock, giving it a gentle slap for good measure. Her legs were athletic, with good muscular definition, the same for her back. Her skin colour was lighter than Brosca, though she wasn't pale like Solona.

She took a few minutes before she was ready to go, getting on her knees with me so she could help take off my clothing. Once was I naked, her hand immediately went to my cock. Her hand wasn't big enough to wrap around it, but I was already rock hard, so she didn't need to help me that way. She continued to stroke me as we kissed again. I think she was building up the nerve to take the next step. I wasn't going to force the issue, leaving it for her to make the next move.

Eventually breaking the kiss, she gestured for me to lie down. Just like Dagna, a name I thought of on occasion still, I figured Sereda wanted complete control, just in case. She grabbed one of my hands as she straddled me, rubbing her pussy along my cock, still building up the nerve. "I really want it," she whispered.

"Take your time. We have all night."

"I've never had one anywhere near as big. My list of lovers isn't large, and none were as gifted."

I gave her hand a shake so she'd look in my eyes. "Sereda, it's fine. I had the same issue with Solona. She was a virgin. I had to be incredibly gentle with her."

"Oh..." She leaned down to kiss me, continuing to rub herself along my cock. Even that was getting me excited, the heat of her sex driving me a little wild. I knew I wouldn't last long once I was inside her. Telling her that, she just giggled. "That just means we'll have to do it again."

She continued to do that for another five minutes, no doubt building up confidence, but she eventually sat up, grabbing the base of my cock. Placing it at her entrance, she took a deep breath, and I'm sure they heard my groan once my head popped inside her. By Talos, she was incredibly tight. Even I wondered if she'd be able to take me! Still holding my hand, she slowly lowered herself down, inch by inch, until around half my cock was inside her. I could feel the walls of her pussy squeezing me.

123
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Celebrities & Fan Fiction
  • /
  • The Dragonborn Comes Ch. 20

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 10 milliseconds