• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Loving Wives
  • /
  • The Exiled One Ch. 01

The Exiled One Ch. 01

Note from author:

I know a number of you did not like use of 'the narrator' in my first story. However, I wrote of lot of this story (and a few others) before that first one and I didn't really want to take the time to do a rewrite. Sorry.

In any case, I hope you enjoy part 1 of 'The Exiled One'. As in my previous story, the bulk of the eroticism will be in part 2. <.em>

*

The Narrator

In the park, a song plays from a nearby radio...

'All alone am I..ever since your goodbye..all alone with just the beat of my heart.
'People all around but I don't hear a sound...just the lonely beating of my heart'

Lyrics from the song 'All Alone Am I',
performed by Brenda Lee, 1962, Decca Records

*

Jennifer Sands is visiting the park. The attractive twenty-eight year old comes to the park now and then with the hopes of raising her spirits, but as with most visits recently, it just doesn't seem to be working. Although she is surrounded by throngs of happy people on this beautiful Sunday afternoon, she sits quietly with an emotionless expression. Each day that goes by adds to her despair, because in her mind there is nothing left to live for. For all those that are near and dear to her are either dead, insane, gone or have simply turned their backs on her. Jennifer is beginning to have thoughts of the unthinkable, yes, to take her own life. If there is anyone here on earth in need of help, it's Jennifer Sands.

Jennifer's view

The couple was in the midst of spreading their blanket when I noticed them. At first I thought she was rather fat, but when she removed her jacket it became evident that she was quite pregnant. They sat down next each other, hip to hip, but facing in opposite directions, so that with a slight tilt they could easily be face-to-face. I saw him look at her longingly and when she kissed him I saw the diamond on her left hand. I looked at her with such envy, wondering if she knew just exactly how lucky she is. Happy, married, and expecting a child. She was living what was supposed to be my life, but one mistake, just one incredibly stupid moment of poor judgment, destroyed what should have been a long, happy life into one of absolute misery.

The Narrator

Greg Stillman is a project manager at the XYZ Corporation and this has been one hell of a week for him. The rumor mill had been in full tilt throughout and everyone was anxious to know the outcome of Thursday nights' management meeting. The 'secret' management meeting that everyone knew about would result in the announcements regarding the third and final round of company layoffs. Greg's staff had already been pared down from 18 to 12 and the remaining staff had been working exceedingly hard. Since Greg was financially comfortable, he was not worried about himself, but sick to his stomach with the thought of having to let another person go. Fortunately, much to his relief, his group was spared, and in addition, upper management wanted it clearly communicated to all that this was definitely the final layoff, and with newly signed contracts, the future of the company indeed looked bright.

On Friday morning, Greg held a staff meeting at start-of-day to convey the good news. Nearly everyone was bursting at the seems with jubilation. Everyone except Jennifer, who seemed to take it all in stride. It appeared to him that her smile seemed to be almost superficial or forced. This puzzled Greg and for the rest of the day he kept thinking about it on and off, so much so that it was bound to become a discussion item at tonight's dinner with his girlfriend, Evelyn.

Greg's first wife died of cancer nearly four years ago and Evelyn was his first real relationship since his devastating loss. In addition to being his lover, she was his best friend. It was not unusual for him to discuss work issues with her, as he found her background as a trained psychologist to be most helpful.

Greg's view

I was in the midst of discussing today's events with Evelyn.

"And that's how it went. Jennifer seemed completely unmoved by the news. To her it was just another 'whatever' moment. I don't get it. Something's not right. I think I should do something, but I'm just not sure what."

Evelyn responded, "Out of all your staff members, this Jennifer woman has to be one that you've talked to me about the least."

"Well, this is because I actually talk to her the least. She's capable, independent and requires a minimum of supervision. Comes in early, leaves late. Never misses a deadline. Probably the best tech writer I've ever worked with. She's a model employee actually. However, whenever I try getting her to talk about anything personal, the subject is quickly changed. I'm beginning to wonder if she's either 'on the lam' or in witness protection. I've never meet anyone so guarded. By contrast, take the new temp, Jeff. Even though he's only been around three weeks, I already know where he lives, what kind of car he drives, his wife's name, and the fact that he just got a new dog named Peedee. With Jennifer, I just know her address and phone number. That's it. Period."

"Well, I see what you mean."

"Another thing that I've noticed lately is her physical appearance. I think she lost a fair amount of weight because clothes I've seen her wear before seem to be fitting rather loose now, and she's not wearing her hair as nice, or paying close detail to her makeup."

"Based upon what you've said so far, I think you're right. We've got to find out what's going on. I see a lot of red flags here."

After discussing the situation for awhile, I quickly latched onto one of Evelyn's ideas. She suggested coming into work for a visit and then inviting Jennifer over to her place for dinner. I would be there, of course, but would leave on a fake errand to 'get more wine', leaving the two girls there to have some girl talk. That's when Evelyn would try to get Jennifer to open up.

Jennifer's view

Since I had not gone to the company cookout, I had not met Evelyn before. She seemed nice, and I didn't want to get on the boss' bad side, so I accepted the invitation. At least it was something different than watching TV.

Evelyn's view

Dinner went about as I expected. Early discussions were mostly centered around workplace issues, then slowly moved to issues involving Greg and I. Greg was right on the money with regard to getting information from Jennifer. She was adept, either consciously or sub-consciously, at deflecting conversational focus whenever it looked like she was going to have to surrender anything personal. Just as planned, it was time for Greg to make a move.

"Ok, ladies. I'm going to run out to get more wine. Do we need anything else?"

"How about some cheesecake?"

"You got it."

After Greg left, Jennifer and I moved to the living room. Based upon what I'd heard, and not heard, so far, I knew I was going to have to be more direct. So I went for it.

"Now that Greg is gone, I thought we might have some girl talk. Jennifer, are you happy at XYZ?"

"Yes, Of course. Is Greg unhappy with my work?"

"Not in the least. In fact, he said you are doing a tremendous job, but he's still a little concerned. He's under the impression that you've been very unhappy lately and this feeling was only made stronger by your rather unenthusiastic response to the recent company announcement."

"I glad he's happy with my work. This job is about the only thing that going good for me."

"Now how is that? You're a beautiful young women. You should have the world at your feet. When Greg thinks something's wrong, there usually is. He's a good man and I'm not just saying that just because he's my guy. He truly cares about all the members of his staff, including you. We know we have no right to pressure you into talking about your personal life, but if either one of us can help you, in any way, we want to. Look, we've talked here for over an hour and a half, and you haven't mentioned a friend or any family member at all. If there is something bothering you, I wish you would talk to me."

I saw Jennifer swallow and take a deep breath.

"I came here about a year ago and moved back in with my mother. Soon after I arrived, I started noticing that she was getting very forgetful and that something wasn't quite right. When I took her to the doctor, she was diagnosed with early on-set dementia, so I had to have her committed to a nursing home. This meant I had to sell the house I grew up in and move to an apartment. That's why I had to take those 4 days off in the spring. Now the nursing home is sucking away all the money from the sale. In about 5 months, all the money will be gone. The last time I went to see mom, she didn't even know who I was."

Jennifer was trying her best not to cry, and I had a feeling that the dam was about to break. Little did I know that the worst was yet to come.

"Why didn't you talk to a friend or Greg about this? My brother is an attorney. I know he can get some of those sale proceeds protected. Didn't you have a friend you could talk to?"

Jennifer hung her head.

"I didn't want to bother anyone at work with my problems. As far as friends go, you're the closest thing to a friend I've had in over a year."

"How can this be?"

Tears were now running down Jennifer's face, and her bottom lip was starting to quiver.

"I had a life once. A year ago I was married. I'm probably still married. Married to a kind, wonderful man. His name was Jason. The kind of a man you meet once in a lifetime, but then I did a bad thing, a very bad thing."

Jennifer had to compose herself between sentences.

"We were together for over four years, married for three of them. Jason was working really hard and was able to buy a house for us. I changed jobs to help with the bills, then started working late more often because I thought I had a good chance of getting promoted. I had been working for the same man, Ed, for more than 6 months and although he was always a little 'touchy feely', I generally trusted him. One night he bought me a dinner where we discussed the new job he wanted to create for me. I wanted that job and the $15,000 raise that went with it so bad. It meant that Jason wouldn't have to kill himself working so hard. I was so stupid! I knew I shouldn't have had the drinks with dinner. Afterward, we were back at the office where I was demoing a new screen design. He was behind me. At first he was just watching, but then he started touching me. First my shoulders, then my arms. When I offered no real protest he became even bolder, first softly cupping my breasts and then slowly running his hand up my skirt and kissing my neck. Like a fool, I let it happen. I LET IT ALL HAPPEN! His touch made me wet and breathing heavy. Before I knew it, my panties were off and his tongue was in my pussy. By then I was like a zombie, offering no resistance when he spread my legs and entered me."

Jennifer was crying now, her face bright red.

"Afterward he said he was 'sorry that he didn't last very long' and said it would be better the next time. When I realized what he'd said and what had happened, it dawned on me just how stupid I'd been. When I said 'there isn't going to be a next time', he said 'you don't want your husband to find out about this, do you?'. He was going to blackmail me into more sex. I just couldn't allow that, so I went right home and confessed to Jason what had happened. At first he looked hurt and on the verge of tears, but then he went berserk, saying I was incredibly stupid for allowing myself to get into such a situation. He kept asking me over and over 'were you raped?'.... 'were you raped?', and I had to keep saying saying 'no'. He asked me "so you willingly allowed him to fuck you right there in his office, all over a possibly non-existent promotion and raise." I just nodded 'yes'. He screamed "Take that ring off...take that ring off right now..right now...that was my Grandmother's ring and I won't have you wearing it another second!" After I did, then he screamed "NOW GET OUT OF THIS HOUSE. GET THE FUCK OUT! GET OUT". I was so scared. Jason had never raised his voice to me. I ran out and haven't seen or talked to him since. Every day I'm haunted by his image, the hurt in his eyes as I told him that another man had been with me. You see, it's hopeless, my life is over."

I ran over to her and held her, comforting her the best I could. This girl was in tremendous pain and was sobbing uncontrollably. When Greg quietly came back, I waved him away to not come into the room. Recognizing that Jennifer was near total exhaustion, I asked her if she wanted to spend the night.

"But I have to go to work in the morning."

"No. I'm pretty sure I can clear it with your boss."

"Ok."

I got Jennifer upstairs and within minutes she was sound asleep in my bed.

I quickly met an anxious Greg downstairs. He looking horrified as I related the story that Jennifer had told.

"Damn. I'm not sure I can fix this." Greg said.

"Well, you sure in hell need to try."

Greg grabbed the phone.

"Hi, Steve. Sorry for disturbing you at home, but I need a favor. Can you give me the name and number of your private detective pal? It's urgent."

The Narrator

Greg Stillman lives very comfortably. His net worth has been significantly bolstered from family inheritances whereas his mother had 4 older sisters, three of them married, but Greg was the only child from these relationships. So eventually all the estate monies had flowed down to him. However, long before getting any of these monies, his parents had instilled a strong work ethic in him. He has always worked, and for the most part has been careful with his money, but anyone who really knows Greg understands that this monetary carefulness does not extent to three areas: The Cedar Hill Country Club, his Porsche 911SC, and the welfare of others. Especially helping others. Greg had hired the PI without even asking how much it would cost.

Greg knew that the Porsche would be perfect for the long trip that had to be made. After purchasing it years ago, it had steadily been transformed into a real road burner. Much to the chagrin of many of his Porsche buddies, he had decided to go to the 'dark side'. He was tired of having run-of-the-mill rides like Mitsubishi Eclipses and Subaru WRX's pulling away from him, so in addition to transferring the standard SC body to a 'wide-body' one, he replaced the tired 3.0 liter six with a 500 hp LS1 V8 monster. With that it place there was no car in the area that could keep up with him.

Greg's view I figured that if I left at five o'clock Saturday morning I could be in Bridgeville by 8:30 -- 8:45 AM, hopefully to talk to the only man that Evelyn and I truly believe could save Jennifer. So, armed with the info supplied by the private investigator, I hit the road, blasting along the highway at about 90 mph. This whole thing was a crazy gamble, as he might be out of town, have moved elsewhere, etc, but I did not want to risk a phone call on something like this. It had to be face-to-face, as it's just would be too easy for him to hang up on a call involving what was surely to be a difficult discussion.

The trip took less time that I had estimated, but not wanting to actually ring any doorbell before 9:00 am, I wound up at a Dunkin Donuts a short distance from the address I was given. As I sipped coffee, I went over and over what I was going to say when I first arrived. I had to be on my 'A' game for this, as my exact choice of words could be critical to getting the opportunity to fully explain everything. Before I stood up to leave, I looked at the info sheet, one last time.

Jason Hampton Caucasian male, age 29 6 feet, 200 lbs dark hair, blue eyes Last known address: 143A Willow Street, Bridgeville Arrests: 2 Convictions: 1 Auto: 2010 Ford, Plate # X45967

When I pulled up to the address, I saw a large brown colonial with a right-side breezeway connected to a 2 car garage. There was a small, separate parking area on the left side. Sure enough, parked in this left-side area was a 2010 Ford Mustang with plate X45967. Bingo! His car was there! So I pulled in next to it.

It was obvious that '143A' address was the 'in-law' apartment on the left side.

As I approached the door, I nervously wondered what type of a reception I was going to get.

End of part 1 Authors note:

What will happen in part 2?

Will Jason return with Greg?

Will Jason forgive Jennifer?

Does Jason have a new lover?

Stay turned for part 2...

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Loving Wives
  • /
  • The Exiled One Ch. 01

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 26 milliseconds