The First Evil Ch. 06

The twin on my left reached graceful tapered fingers up to move the hair out of his face.

Gasp. Wow. Seriously wow.

His face was absolute perfection. Totally symmetrical features that were impressive individually, together, created a symphony of loveliness that stole my breath. I wanted to be annoyed at myself for staring but I was too consumed with planning my next dozen or so paintings. He had beautiful bone structure, a little too prominently displayed by hunger right now, with high cheekbones and a strong chin and jawline. His face reminded me of a Davinci sketch too perfect to be rendered in full color in real life. I don't know how I would bear looking at him on a bright sunny day.

His nose was long and straight, the kind that would have been called distinguished when people still used words like that. It sat above the most sensual bow-shaped mouth I've ever seen outside of a lipstick ad. The eyes above it were almond shaped and tilted playfully up at the edges. Surrounded by a lacy fringe of dark lashes, they would have been striking eyes if they were a muddy brown. Instead they were the color of sunshine through citrines. Almost over-kill really.

The other twin pushed his hair back as well and suddenly my only thought is, Holy God there are two. Their faces were so similar that I didn't notice the thick crease in each of their opposite cheeks that might be a dimple when they smiled, until I saw them both side by side. It was as if my mind is playing the 'Which one of these is not like the other?' game. The probably-dimple actually wasn't the only difference, just the only physical one. The twin on my lefts eyes were gleaming with secret laughter sprinkled with a hint of naughtiness. The other brother looked more serious and circumspect as he gazed around him at the alley.

"Quis est vestri nomen, vinco?" the twin on the left spoke to me, his voice was lovely, smooth and rich. It sounded like he might be speaking Latin, but the only other Latin I've ever heard spoken aloud was in church so I couldn't be sure. The dry recitations of the priest bore almost no resemblance to the luscious language rolling off of his tongue like dark chocolate.

"Utor english, vel is mos non agnosco vos." the other twin spoke to his brother then turned the weight of his gaze back to me and cracked the tiniest smile. Yup a dimple. I felt stupid because that's all I could think of for several moments. Which made me angry. Which helped me snap a little out of the fog I've been in since I saw what I had just bonded myself to for the foreseeable future.

"Forgive me master, it has been a long time since I have spoken aloud and the first words that rushed to my lips were my own," his accent was amazing, caught somewhere between the roll of Italian and the sharp staccato of Spanish. "I asked what your name is, unless you would rather we continue to call you simply, master?" his words and tone were perfectly humble and meek but there was a glinting challenge in his eyes and coming to me through our bond that dared me to do it.

Part of me wanted to make them call me master just to prove that I could but I reminded that part what these men had gone through. The look the other twin was shooting his brother said he too saw the look but he hadn't forgotten the hell I'd just freed them from. Or what I might potentially be able to do to them instead. I turned all of my attention to that brother ignoring the firsts question and the accompanying anger.

"My name is Aurora Sloane but as much as I'd like to take the time to do intros and dominance games," I directed this last piece directly at the other twin, despite my recent resolution not to talk to him, "now is not the time. You said that she could track us, which means she probably already has this location. We need to move," I looked at them still kneeling naked on the cracked asphalt of the alley. How the hell are we going to get from here to my house with one set of bloody scrubs between us?

Just then the naughty twin sniffed the air and struggled to his feet. Maybe I shouldn't have stopped intros, I was going to get myself into trouble if I kept calling him that, even in my head.

He finally managed to reach his feet by reaching out and using me for leverage. Blood rushed to my face so fast I felt light headed. I've seen my share of nude men, especially in art class. He didn't feel nude to me, he felt naked. Unabashedly naked. Blissfully naked. He was just standing there with his flaccid member dangling down between his spread legs. Acting like it wouldn't matter to him at all whether he was standing in an alley or a bedroom. The other brother rose more slowly using the wall for support. He somehow didn't seem quite as brazen as his twin, but neither did he try and cover himself. I wanted to turn around and spare myself the embarrassment but I didn't quite trust them at me back yet.

"The dark haired sidh, who you spoke with earlier is coming back now, by herself and she smells like metal and powder," dark haired? With metal and powder? And what was that word he said? Oh. Rachel had come back after getting her guns and leaving Boots somewhere safe. See, how could I not love her.

"What is sidh?" they both looked at me like I had just asked what water is. Whatever they're lucky I have an ear for language or I wouldn't't have even been able to say that word. I can't believe I even asked that question with all the other crap going on. But after Juliette's revelations earlier I wasn't up for more surprises despite our immediate needs. It's not like Rachel would have grabbed two oversized sets of mens clothing along with her arsenal.

"Never mind. Let me get in front so that I am the first one she sees. That way, hopefully, she won't shoot you before I can explain." They both looked like they wanted to argue but they obediently moved to the rear of the alley. I breathed a mental sigh of relief that the warm delicious body was no longer so temptingly close. Tempting me to do what, I don't know, but I was still glad he'd stepped away.

I could hear her footsteps now too without all the other distractions. I stepped out in front of her when she was maybe ten feet away. She took one look at me and the flush from her exertions was gone as quickly as if it had been blown away. She holstered the gun and ran forward hands outstretched, searching me for wounds before she even made contact. I was trying to tell her that wasn't hurt but she couldn't seem to hear me.

Finally I just lifted the edge of the stiff scrubs so she could see for herself. It was the most fleeting thought that just three hours ago flashing, even my second best friend, on a public street would have to have been compelled by threats to my first best friends life.

"It's not mine but we do have a problem," she was still looking dazed, "You want to cop a feel to make sure I'm not maimed in some way, your wifey did earlier, why should you be left out," a choked cough from behind me got me back on track. "This is going to sound weird but we need clothes...for..." two huge grey timber wolves sauntered out of the alley to sit on either side of me.

I looked down at them losing my previous sentence in a wave of annoyance, "Somehow you two think this is better?" Rachel looked like she wanted to go for her gun again so I reached out and put my hands on each of their heads, which were all the way up to my waist. Yeah this is way less conspicuous than four people walking down the street.

Not.

People will not see giant wolves. They will see dogs or horses. Whatever helps them maintain their closed view of the world and their sanity.

You however should run fast. Blood is still blood.

It wasn't a stretch to figure out which twin said what but in this form I just couldn't tell them apart well enough to just cuff the one being a smart ass. I was still trying to think of some less-likely-to-get-me-thrown-in-jail-or-an-asylum way to get home when a malevolent cloud of rage swept over me carrying with it the thick mucky scent of lots of animals. I tuned to the twins.

"Are you two the only ..." how to delicately phrase monstrous abomination.

Yes we are the only two ever so tortured, all the others approaching are regular Wolves. The more practical twin answered, saving me from being an insensitive ass.

"Regular regular wolves or regular Wolves," I tried to give my words the same implied capital letter that they had.

Wolves, weres whatever you want to call them they can look like wolves, humans or anything in between. And they are worse than both. We should go. We didn't make you Alpha just to get trapped again by your foolishness. The wolf on my left closest to Rachel turned his head so fast I had to lift my hand or get a friction burn. At least I know which twin is which now.

I wanted to argue that I wasn't being foolish but that would only prove his point. I shelved the whole Werewolf Alpha idea along with every other thing that had happened tonight that I had been too busy either dying or not dying to question further. I looked to Rachel whose eyes kept darting between the three of us.

"Let's go get my truck then we can pick up Jules on our way to a place where we can all talk it out without worrying about the big bad wolf," I could hear her heart pounding and smell her fear, I knew she was only moments from either panic or unconsciousness. Whatever supernatural thing the twins had said Rachel was, I was going to guess that she either didn't know or else hadn't been exposed to all the other supernatural beings in the world.

"Rachel?" I said her name quietly and saw her gather the pieces of herself back together, it looked like she managed just barely. "Rachel, let's run. We're just going to run to my truck, get Jules, then we can all talk till everything in the world makes sense again," I heard a snort inside my head and had cuffed the wolf on my right before I remembered that I was significantly stronger now. The wolf shook himself off but stayed standing. Barely. The scent of animals was close enough now that I could almost feel their triumph at the hunt.

I turned back to Rachel and grabbed both sides of her face, "Rachel panic later. Run. Now."

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 21 milliseconds