• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Mature
  • /
  • The Fruits of Indifference Ch. 3

The Fruits of Indifference Ch. 3

12

Winter turned to Spring and Spring turned to Summer for Kevin Ralston, but nothing in his life noticeably changed. He still spent the better part of his days working only when the feeling hit and spent his nights crashing wherever anyone had the space and tolerance to put him up.

By late Summer of his 18th year of life, Kevin found himself working at a landscaping firm ran by a drug dealing acquaintance of his, Miguel. Even though the early but long hours required for the job sucked, the pay was pretty good and the upscale neighborhoods that many of Miguel's clients lived provided Kevin with an occasional opportunity to pocket a few trinkets.

One such chance was tending to the home of a 54 year old divorcee named Melanie Willberg. Melanie, and her then husband Stuart, had been vital members of the town's social circles and active participants with the city's Chamber of Commerce.

That was until Melanie caught Stuart cheating on her with one of the part time women who worked at the family's jewelry store. While Melanie had made out quite well in the divorce settlement, there was a tangible sadness about the women considering all her children had grown up and gotten on with their lives and she was left to pick up the shattered remnants of her world while trying to navigate her mid 50's.

Melanie had gotten the family home in the divorcee settlement, but that huge house had became a lifeless museum chronicling the lonely woman's existence as it was before the breakup. Even her neighbors had come to laugh amongst themselves that Melanie Willburg had turned into the sweet lady down the street who lived alone with her cats and dogs.

Having allowed Stuart to buy out her half of the jewelry store, Melanie had gotten her real estate license and using her vast connections of acquaintances in the area, was making a decent living in her new field.

With no one in her life to handle all the menial chores around the house however, Melanie found it necessary to find a trustworthy person to keep the property looked after. After a suburban neighbor gave Melanie a business card for Miguel's Landscaping several years earlier, she had been nothing but satisfied with Miguel's employees work. In fact, on the days when the boys were scheduled to come by and do some work at the house, she made it a point to always keep a pitcher of fresh ice tea or lemonade for them to drink while she was gone.

* * * * *

Desperate to make all the money he could on the side, Kevin had noticed that several of the large oak trees in Melanie's backyard had grown out of control and needed to be trimmed back away from the house. Knowing he could do that himself without having to cut Miguel in, Kevin approached Mrs. Willberg one afternoon when their paths crossed and offered to do the tree trimming. Seeing how the limbs were encroaching on her roof, Melanie quickly accepted Kevin's offer, especially since he had earned her trust and was going to save her a few dollars.

One Friday afternoon in early August when Miguel was out of town, Kevin took Miguel's garage key and barrowed some of the companies tools along with Miguel's pick up truck and went to Melanie's to prune the trees. Knowing Melanie would be at work, Kevin took his time as he one by one sawed down the overhanging limbs until there was a neat pile of freshly cut wood in the corner of Melanie's backyard, right beside where her prized Great Dane named Champ was tied in the shade.

Wiping away the sweat off his brow as he looked at his wrist watch, Kevin smiled seeing that he had got most of the work done with an hour and a half to spare before Melanie was expected home from work.

Letting himself in the backdoor that Melanie always kept unlocked when she expected her landscapers to come over so they could have access to a bathroom and get something to drink, Kevin walked inside with all the cocksuredness of a lion strutting into his own den.

After taking three full swigs from the pitcher of ice tea that Melanie had made that morning, Kevin filled a glass to carry with him as he sauntered through the luxuriously decorated first floor of the divorcee's home.

Spending his whole life living in either a trailer or a cockroach infested apartment, even someone as cynical as Kevin found himself rubbing his rough fingers gently across the silk and lacy items that adorned Melanie's house. Taking a seat on the cushy sofa, Kevin flipped on the TV as he sipped at the glass of tea and surfed through the more than 100 channels Melanie got on her dish system.

For a brief moment, a childhood hue of amazement washed across Kevin's grim face, and just for an instant his jealousy turned to envy.

It wasn't long however until the inviting presence of the stairway leading to the second floor of Melanie's house caught Kevin's eye. Looking at his watch and seeing he still had over an hour to goof off before the home's owner was expected back, Kevin quickly lurched up from the sofa and made his way towards the foot of the steps.

As he made his way upstairs, Kevin felt as if his work boots were walking on clouds as the soft carpet lining the staircase cushioned his trek upwards. Feeling his heart in his throat, every nerve in Kevin's body sizzled with electric curiosity as he inhaled the flowery fragrance wafting out of the upstairs bathroom.

Turning the corner at the top of the steps, Kevin smiled like a wolf entering a henhouse as he approached the inviting entrance of Melanie's bedroom.

Kevin felt as if he was entering a Voyeur's Disneyland as he sized up the older woman's immaculate kept inter sanctum. Even though he wasn't particularly attracted to the graying and slightly chubby divorcee, Kevin couldn't resist getting a stiff erection from the thought of going through the woman's most private things.

Looking intently down at the bed, Kevin found himself imaging what the older woman looked like spread out naked across the mattress. Dropping his right hand down to his growing crotch, Kevin massaged his manhood for several moments, picturing what Melanie might do on that bed late at night while she was alone.

Walking over to Melanie's nightstand as those lurid visions still danced in his brain, Kevin rubbed his gritty hand across the smooth finish of Melanie's fine oak dresser before wrapping his fingers around the first handle and pulling the contents of the top drawer out gently towards him.

"Underwear drawer... " Kevin hummed to himself as he allowed his hands to disappear into the cluttered mess of silk, lace and cotton.

"Everybody's got a secret or two in their underwear drawer," Kevin glibly laughed as he explored the entire drawer twice, to no success other than finding a pair of skimpy panties that appeared as if they hadn't been worn in quite a while. " I bet they wouldn't even fit her now. "

Moving his aimless search one drawer lower, all Kevin came across was an overflowing pile of winter sweaters and jeans. While roaming his hands through the middle drawer however, Kevin did find a hidden wad of money that Melanie had been saving for a rainy day. Figuring the lady of the house wouldn't miss $10 worth of it, Kevin pocketed a portion the petty cash and continued his luridly perverted search. Deciding to try the bottom drawer, all the sweaty teenager could do was hiss the word, "Nothing", when all he found was a collection of long unworn stuff that dated back to the 60's and 70's.

Shaking his head in disgust, Kevin put everything back the way he had found it in the dresser and shifted his focus to Melanie's walk in closet on the other side of the room.

Turning to his left, Kevin briskly made his way for the entrance of the closet when the sound of a vehicle slowing down on the street outside caused him to rush over to one of the bedroom windows.

Worried that Melanie might be returning home early from work, Kevin anxiously hurried behind the curtain and peeked out the edge of the window to see who was coming. He initially let out a sigh of relief seeing that it wasn't Melanie's Cadillac easing up to the house. Instead it was a tan minivan slowing down and preparing to turn into the driveway across the street.

Peering through the window, Kevin tried to be as nondescript as could be as he waited for whoever was pulling up to get out of their vehicle before he returned to the immoral chore of riffling through Mrs. Willburg's privacy.

"Typical suburban soccer Mom," Kevin guessed to himself as the woman behind the wheel slowly stepped out before opening the back door to let her kids out.

"OH MY FUCKING GOD... SHIT... THAT CAN'T FUCKING BE!!" Kevin groaned out loud when it clicked in his mind's eye who was actually driving the minivan. "THAT FUCKING BITCH... CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT?"

Leaning his head closer to the window to get as clear a view as possible, Kevin shook his head from side to side and grinded together his teeth recognizing the same woman, Debra Stallings, that had turned him in over a year earlier for dealing dope on school property.

"Small fuckin' world ain't it?" Kevin breathlessly sighed.

Staring through the window with hawk-like intensity, Kevin watched as Debra shepherded her three children out of their car seats and led them across the driveway and through the front door of their well-to-do house.

Forgetting about his carnal search through Melanie's private belongings, Kevin slipped back downstairs and found Melanie's local phonebook. Quickly thumbing through the book until he came to "S", Kevin found a listing for Debra and Benjamin Stallings for the address right across the street from Melanie Willburg.

"Well I'll be damned," Kevin shook his head as he finished the glass of ice tea resting on the end table.

Going through the house once to make sure everything was as he found it, Kevin went back out into the backyard to tie up a few loose ends with the tree cleanup before Melanie returned home, the whole time staring across the street at the house where the woman that caused him to go to juvenile hall resided.

* * * * *

Right on cue, Kevin had timed his clean up activities to coincide with Melanie Willburg arriving home from work. Watching as the older woman carefully wheeled her new Cadillac into the driveway, Kevin patiently waited for her to cut the car off and get out.

"Hi Mrs. Willburg," Kevin politely called out as he approached her car.

"Good afternoon Kevin," Melanie replied as she stepped out of the front seat and grabbed her briefcase from the passenger seat.

Kevin was stunned slightly as he watched the older woman emerge from the car. Dressed to the hilt in an expensive green and cream colored business suit, Kevin suddenly couldn't take his eyes off the 54 year old lady.

"Uhh... uhhh... I think I got everything... done... you wanted Mrs. Willburg," Kevin stammered as the sound of Melanie's high heels clicked rhythmically on the paved driveway.

"It looks great," Melanie exclaimed, walking around towards the back of the house to inspect the young man's work. "Its wonderful Kevin... I can't tell you how much I appreciate you giving up your whole day while Miguel as out of town to do this... I'm glad I caught you before you left too... let me run inside and get my checkbook so you can have your money before the weekend. "

"Sure," Kevin replied proudly, falling in line behind the older woman, unable to keep his eyes off the way her well rounded ass swayed in front of him inside her tight skirt as she led him through her back door and into the kitchen.

"Did you get any of the tea I left for you?" Melanie asked as she searched her purse for a pen.

"Sure did," Kevin instantly replied. "It was delicious. "

Kevin spent the next few minutes making small talk with the 54 year old Grandmother of two as she wrote out his check.

"How long have you lived here?" Kevin politely asked.

"Oh God," Melanie laughed," My Husband and I bought this place right after Reagan took office... we knew he would get the economy going so we decided to take the plunge... believe it or not there were only four houses on this street when we moved in... now look at it. "

"Yeah," Kevin quickly interjected, as he sipped at another glass of tea. "I kind of noticed that fact while I was out there working... I'm curious though... I wanted to ask you... I thought I saw one of my former high school teachers pull into the driveway across the street... that wouldn't be Debra Stallings would it?"

"Ohh... yes... God its a small world isn't it?" Melanie exclaimed as she handed the $200 check to Kevin. "Her and her husband Ben moved in 8 years ago... right after their first son was born... they are the dearest friends. "

"Uh... huh," Kevin smiled back, trying to keep from laughing from the irony of it all.

A few moments of silence passed between the two before Melanie spoke up again, pleased to have an audience of anyone willing to listen to her.

"Oh yes... the Stallings' are fine folks... the whole family goes up to Nantucket for a week or so every year before school starts... I always look after their pets and keep an eye on the house while they're gone. "

"Wow... that's nice, "Kevin sweetly replied, a million possibilities now running through his head as he said his goodbyes to Melanie for the day.

* * * * *

Over the next couple of weeks, Kevin playfully fixated over the opportunities that lie ahead. He knew from what Melanie had told him that Debra and her family would be gone to Nantucket sometime in mid August and that Melanie would be care-taking the home.

Knowing the Stallings' would most likely not just leave a key hidden underneath mat for Melanie to ferret each day, Kevin racked his brain until he vaguely remembered a wooden key hook that hung in Mrs. Willburg's kitchen.

"That's it," he smirked to himself.

His mind working overtime now, Kevin had slipped by Melanie's house late one afternoon and offered to do some indoor painting that she had been hinting that needed to be done, the timing of which would coincide with the week the Stallings would be on vacation.

* * * * *

Monday, August 13th was a drearily hot and humid day with temperatures forecasted to be in the upper 90's.

"Good thing I don't have to paint outside today," Kevin told Melanie Willburg as he unloaded the paint supplies off his borrowed truck.

"You just take your time Kevin," Melanie replied sweetly as she lugged her briefcase and purse towards her car to leave for work.

Watching the way the older woman drifted across the porch, Kevin couldn't seem to peel his eyes off the way Melanie's tight black and beige business suit clung to her voluptuous, womanly frame.

"Have a good day Mrs. Willburg," Kevin told her was he waved goodbye, hoping against hope that the bulge growing underneath his paint smudged pants wasn't obvious.

After spending a couple of hours getting a good start on two of the rooms Melanie wanted painted in her basement, Kevin retreated upstairs to take a break, satisfied that if he got into more unscrupulous things, it did look like he had actually done some work.

Kevin killed some time watching tv as he planned out the rest of the day. Within a half an hour after he had come upstairs to relax, he decided to get on with the real reason why he had made the painting plans for that week.

Springing up from the sofa, Kevin disappeared into the kitchen and searched for Melanie's key hook. "Bingo," Kevin beamed out loud, grabbing the large oval key that had Debra and Ben Stallings name written on the back.

Shoving the key into his pocket, Kevin slipped out the backdoor and gallantly made his way for the house across the street. Feeling like a thief in the early morning sunshine, Kevin sauntered off the sidewalk and closed in on the Stallings' front yard. Instinctively keeping his eyes trained on the neighbors' homes to each side, Kevin made sure no one was watching him as he calmly mounted Debra Stallings's front steps and disappeared inside her home.

From the moment Kevin stepped inside the Stallings' suburban dream house, he felt as if he had entered a strange parallel universe. With little fear of getting caught, Kevin set out to freely explore the three story dwelling, taking complete liberty in poking, prodding, digging and discovering everything he could inside the middle-aged teacher's home.

Treating each room as a new adventure, Kevin couldn't help picturing how the petite woman looked as she played house with her husband and three kids. Examining closely every picture that he passed hanging on a wall or sitting on a table on the first floor, Kevin became a sponge trying to soak up the family's aura before turning his attention upstairs, to the real reason why he came.

With a confident stride, Kevin scaled the eight steps that led to the Stallings' second floor and promenaded down the hallway, past each of the kids' bedrooms until he arrived at the master bedroom at the end of the carpeted corridor.

Gazing lazily at the litany of pictures that lined the length of the hallway, Kevin felt as if he was passing through a shrine dedicated to the 15 years of Debra and Ben's marriage.

Taking a deep breath before he entered the most sacred and private room in any couple's home, Kevin could immediately tell that Debra had cleaned the bedroom before the family had left for Nantucket from the pungent odor of Lemon Pledge that attacked his lungs.

Walking over to the crisply made bed in the center of the room, Kevin couldn't help but reach down with his hand and press on the mattress until the bedsprings beneath started to squeak, privately wondering what it looked like when Debra and her husband were making love.

Kevin took his sweet time as he surveyed his surroundings before reaching out and taking a wood-framed photo of Debra into his hand. Peering intently down into the 38 year old woman's eyes, every bit of anger and frustration he felt for the petite teacher came back to him.

"You and your big mouth were the reason I had to go through all of that shit," Kevin soberly spat down at the one dimensional image of the woman that he was sure had turned him in to the school's authorities over a year earlier. "What goes around... comes around," He added cryptically.

Peeling his gaze back away from Debra solely, Kevin took in the visual image of the 5 member family as a whole, wondering just what secrets lie inside the walls of such and all American marriage.

Repeating the same process he had began across the street at Melanie's, Kevin pulled himself up from the bed and methodically went about inspecting everything he could find. Feeling his dick harden with each passing second, by the time he had reached Debra Stalling's clothes drawer, it felt as if a led pipe was vibrating inside of his paint smeared pants.

Wasting no time, Kevin squeezed his fingers around the knob of top drawer of Debra's dresser and saw all of the married woman's unmentionables come into crystal clear view.

The stark realization that he was kneading his hands through the underwear drawer of the same woman that had helped bring about the most stressful period of his life filled Kevin with an awkward but stirring sense of power.

Rolling his fingers through the multitude of Debra Stallings's lacy bras, panties, socks and stockings, Kevin latched his fingertips around an especially shear and sexy pair of red Victoria's Secret panties and raised them to his nose for a quick sniff.

"Freshly washed," he smiled wickedly, noticing a few wisps of curly brown pubic hair still lodged in the lacy border.

"UMM... HUMMMM," Kevin moaned, picturing what Debra's vaginal forest looked like.

Pulling out one of the petite woman's beige bras next, Kevin untangled the intertwined straps and was surprised to see the teacher wore a 34 B.

12
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Mature
  • /
  • The Fruits of Indifference Ch. 3

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 18 milliseconds