The Red Cloud Pack Pt. 03

She looked at me as she shook her head. "Elizabeth I don't hate you, I hate the situation. I hate the possibility of danger heading our way, due to this relationship. Werewolves are unpredictable and you can easily be hurt, being a human. There is the possibility of you leading other humans to us, even though you didn't directly invite them here. Also how do you think you will be able to lead a pack of werewolves when you know next to nothing about our species or our culture? Have you thought this through properly and weighed out the implications? Your whole life as you know it will change."

I smiled at her. "Everything you say is true Sky. Grey and myself have talked about this many times. We both agree I have a lot to learn about your people and that I have to be extremely careful about not exposing the existence of your pack to any other humans.

I kept my apartment back in town. All my mail gets sent there and redirected to the tribe's post box. As far as everyone I know is concerned, that's where I reside. The only one who knows I have moved is my ex roommate and she has no idea where I went to. Elaine is a free spirit and she doesn't ask many questions. She travels the world and she thinks that's what I'm doing for my art. I have taken every precaution to ensure the pack's safety. I will need your help and guidance Sky Dancer and I hope you can find it in your heart to accept me."

She nodded her head and and grabbed my hand in hers.

"Elizabeth do you love my brother?"

"With all my heart Sky Dancer, with all my heart."

We rode for another hour and reconnected. I knew it would take Sky awhile to come round to the idea of my being with her brother but at least the open hostility had been nipped in the bud. This had been a very productive day.

As we returned to the settlement we were met with several uncomfortable stares from the pack members that were present.

A very worried looking Grey approached us and he helped me down from Raven's back and kept a protective arm around my waist.

I squeezed his arm reassuringly. "It's ok Grey. We went out for a ride and cleared the air. I don't think she wants to kill me anymore." I giggled at his worried face.

He relaxed and smiled at us both. "You have no idea how relieved I am. I thought I'd have to retrieve your torn up body from the bushes. Don't go off and scare me like that again or I will have to spank you."

I grinned at him. "Is that a threat or a promise darling?"

Sky giggled at Grey as I teased him.

He scowled at her. "Same goes for you little sister so I don't know why you're laughing!" Both Sky and myself broke out into a fit of giggles as we lead our horses to the corral.

Grey scratched his head and grumbled, "Women." He followed us and helped me unsaddle the mare.

Grey and a handful of other wolves went to pick up the delivery at the gate. They had been gone over an hour when finally I saw a cloud of dust approaching.

I put my hand up to my mouth to stop myself from laughing out loud when I saw Grey, on a disgruntled looking Phoenix, with a goat squirming on his lap. He didn't look amused. Two wolves followed in a couple of trucks and three others were herding the livestock into the new pens and corrals, cursing at the goats who clearly wanted to head off in opposite directions.

Grey dropped the frightened goat over the corral post and it scampered away.

He got off Phoenix and came towards me looking rather tense.

"Elizabeth I swear, never again. What possessed you to purchase these infernal beasts. They don't herd well and one of them ate a hole in my pants! I officially hate goats." He sulked.

At this point I had tears in my eyes from trying not to laugh.

At least I tried to keep quiet, Sky was practically rolling around in the dirt, she was laughing so much.

"You two can both kiss my ass." He said as he stomped off toward the cabin, no doubt to get another pair of pants. That was it, I couldn't hold it in anymore. I burst out laughing as I held onto Sky for support.

Black Claw passed us and muttered. "Next time you go shopping Elizabeth you can damn well go fetch your own stuff."

I stuck my tongue out at him as Sky tickled his ribs.

They might be moaning now but when they tasted the fresh goat cheese and roasted meat they would thank me.

Myself and Sky made a huge feast for the guys to thank them. I promised them that I wouldn't need to purchase any more goats because there were enough breeding pairs in the herd. Several of the sheep as well as a couple of the hogs were already pregnant so we were on our way to successfully breeding livestock. This would be a huge benefit when the game migrated away from the reservation.

Over the next few weeks we all worked to ready the ground to plant our fruits and vegetables. The men even erected a rudimentary irrigation system. They set up large water tanks on the top of a hill that had underground pipes to feed the micro jets that watered the plants.

This would save so much time that was previously spent foraging for vegetation out in the wilderness. There was also only so much canned food a person could stomach, so the fresh food would be a welcome edition to the pack's diet.

The pack members were starting to accept me as they realized that I was looking out for their interests and helping as much as I could.

I was by no means an experienced farmer but google was my friend. We would all learn together and we would all benefit from this. I figured that the more self sufficient we were, the less chances we had at exposing the pack's existence to humanity.

The elders and Grey wholeheartedly agreed.

I was finishing up clearing away a mountain of dishes, after dinner, when Grey came up behind me and kissed my neck.

"I have something for you sweetheart."

He gave me a parcel wrapped in a blanket and I took to the living room to open it.

It was a dress. It was made of soft leather and it had tassels hanging from the arms and hemline. There were shells and beads embroidered all over it. It must have taken hours to sew all of those decorations onto it.

"This is so lovely Grey. Where did you get it?"

He smiled at me as he sat down beside me. "It was my mother's ceremonial dress that she wore when she became my Father's mate. I would be honored if you would wear it at our mating ceremony."

Tears shimmered in my eyes as I looked up at Grey.

"No Grey the honor would be all mine."

It took nearly a month for all the building work to be completed. It took hard work and the days were long but the end result was fantastic.

I had competition for my bathroom. I would have to issue Sky Dancer with a formal eviction notice one of these days so I could actually enjoy long soaks in my own tub. She had kind of moved in there!

I had really grown close to her and she had been a huge help teaching me the ways of the pack and their history.

Grey had teased us by saying he thought we had become joined at the hip and that he'd have to physically separate us one of these days. I knew he was joking and that it warmed his heart to know that his two favorite women were becoming as close as sisters.

The summer months were drawing to a close and the nights grew colder. Myself and Grey had started a habit of sitting by the fire after dinner, wrapped in each other's arms. I knew he didn't really feel the effects of the cold and that he was doing this for me. He was really attentive and I appreciated what I had in him. The fates could not have given me a better man than Grey Wolf.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 568 milliseconds