The Tennis Star Ch. 04

As we drove away I looked behind us. "Were those paparazzi?"

"Yes. The Langham is a common place for celebrities to stay. There are often some there. I do not know if we will be recognized."

"It's ... that's a new experience for me."

"Here it is not bad, I am not always recognized. In Europe, where I am more famous, it is worse. You may have to get used to it." Raised and kissed the back of my hand as my mind raced. What had she said? If she were leaving why would I have to get used to it?

My mind was still reeling when the driver pulled over and stopped. "I never even asked you where we were going."

"You remember when you called me, the day I was in New York, I was at dinner with my agent and with Nike. But all I wanted was to be with you. I was so wondering what you would think of this. I wanted to share it with you."

The bad news was that Jean-George's is located in Trump's Hotel at the western corner of Central Park. I decided I wasn't going to hold that against the restaurant. It wasn't their fault.

Modern, simple décor greeted us we entered, and the maitre d' showed us to our table immediately. Our waiter, dressed in a suit that very likely cost more than my entire wardrobe, possibly excluding the dress I was currently wearing, was at our table moments later.

Iryna handed him our menus. "Le menu dégustation pour deux personnes, s'il vous plait, et une bouteille de sauvignon blanc."

"Oui, mademoiselle." The waiter bowed and withdrew.

"OK, I got most of that, but what exactly did you just order?"

"The tasting menu, six small courses, and a bottle of wine."

I nodded my approval. Iryna reached across the table and took my hand, running her thumb gently over my skin. We gazed at each other like teenagers, "It is a nice weekend, yes?"

"So far, so good." I squeezed her hand. "I always love being with you, no matter where."

Her face seemed to shine for a moment, and I was transfixed by how beautiful she was, and my heart broke with love. I was saved from tears by the arrival of our wine. Iryna took the offered cork and sniffed it, nodding her approval, and two glasses were poured. It was good, I mean really good. So was the food, when it began to arrive. Small portions, like Iryna had said, but exquisitely presented all stacked on top of itself. There was lamb and veal, and one dish with shrimp. Our waiter told us what each was as they were presented, but I didn't understand half of what he said.

Still, the best part was the wine, and the company. As we nestled into the backseat of our driver's car we agreed that, although that was fun, we'd rather have been at Cracker Barrel.

"And I cannot buy candies in the lobby of that place."

I leaned into her shoulder and laughed. "True. So, where to now?"

"Broadway. To take in a show."

"Really?" I kinda figured we were doing that, but I still didn't know what we'd be seeing.

When I asked, she just grinned at me. "Something American, I think."

I gawked at the lights and the people, they were everywhere, so many theaters, everyone dressed up. I was so caught up that I didn't even notice what was playing at the theater where we stopped. Iryna climbed out her side and came around to my door herself, and offering her hand to help me out.

My eyes took a moment to adjust to the lights, but when I did I smiled. "You got us tickets to 'Hamilton'?" They were far and away the toughest seats on Broadway at the moment. "How?"

"I am Iryna Barakova, fifth ranked woman in the world. I go where I wish."

We both laughed at the memory and I slipped my arm through hers as we walked up the steps and into the theater. Apparently international tennis stars have to go through security like normal people, but that was about where the normal stopped. As soon as Iryna's virtual ticket was scanned a woman in a theater uniform moved into position just beyond the security line. They glanced into my clutch and waved me through, and Iryna followed right behind.

"Miss Baraskova?" Iryna nodded, placing her hand back into mine. "If you would follow me?"

She led us through the crowded lobby to a side door, where a stern looking man was standing guard. He nodded to our guide as she opened the door revealing a small hallway with a private elevator at the end. Up we went, stepping out on the third level and walking about fifteen feet to a curtained entrance.

"Please enjoy the show."

I returned the woman's smile as Iryna pulled aside the curtain for me, and I stepped into our private box. At least, semi private, as two women were already there, seated on the right hand side. I stepped to the left as Iryna entered, and the two women rose.

"Iryna, wonderful to see you, I'm so glad you could make it."

"Thank you for the invitation." Iryna embraced each one in turn. "Carrie, this is Elaine Waterman, and her wife Jillian. Elaine works for Nike, USA. Ladies, this is my girlfriend, Carrie Mitchell."

Elaine, who was dressed in an exquisitely tailored suit, shook my hand gently. "It's a pleasure, Miss Mitchell. I see Iryna wasn't lying about your beauty."

I opened my mouth to reply, but I couldn't find any words, answering only with the reddening of my cheeks.

"Oh, Ellie, you've made her blush." Elaine's spouse took her hand. I looked up at her, exquisite makeup on a handsome face, her long dark hair falling in glorious waves past her bare shoulders. She took my hand with her free one. "Carrie and I are going to chat, you two talk shop, or something."

I sat down on one of the four seats in the box, Jillian sitting next to me. "Now, tell me how you met." Her lovely British accent soothed me a little, and I launched into the story. I told her about Cracker Barrel and meeting my friends, and the delight on Jillian's face was obvious.

"Sweetheart." She leaned in and kissed my cheek. "We never though we'd see Iryna in love. Ever since I met her, she's been desperately unhappy. Driven focused, but so lonely, I think. When we had dinner with her a few weeks ago the change in her was ... well, it was lovely to see. Bless you, you've made her so happy."

"I don't think she...I mean, I think you might be overstating things. She's leaving in a few days."

"Darling, remember when you called while we were at supper?" I nodded. "After that, her face was all lit up. I don't think I 'd ever seen her truly smile before. She was glowing, and it was because of you." She patted my hand. "I believe it will all work out." With a warm smile she stood and went back to her wife, who was still chatting with Iryna.

I took the moment to look out at the stage, admiring the grandiosity of our seats. They were perfect. I was still looking down, this time at the orchestra, which had just finished their tuning, when Iryna slipped into the chair next to me. I could feel the warmth of her presence, the electric rush as her hand slid into mine. Negative thoughts pushed against me, but I did my best to banish them for tonight. I felt the energy in the theater ramp up as the lights went down, and an actor walked to the center of the stage in a colonial era outfit, and began to sing.

I know that I'm a southern white girl, and rap and hip-hop are generally not my preferred musical style. But that being said, this was exquisite. The wordcraft, the driving intensity, it was the perfect medium to tell the story. It reminded me that the men who founded our country had risked everything on what seemed a hopeless war. I was enraptured by the whole thing.

During the intermission Iryna asked me a few questions about the revolutionary war, which I could barely answer. It was all new to her, of course. I'd been a good student in high school, but history wasn't my favorite subject. I'd always thought of i as boring, stuffy old people doing dull things. I think maybe I'd sold them short. The thing to remember is that they didn't know the outcome to their stories. Just like I didn't know the outcome to mine.

I thought about that on the ride back to the hotel. We'd exchanged pleasant 'nice to meet you's and promises to call next time we'd be in New York with Elaine and Jillian, and soon I found myself back in our car.

"Did you enjoy the show, moya lyuba?"

I laid my head on Iryna's shoulder, her arm snaking around me. "Oh, yeah, thank you so much. I wasn't sure I would, but it was amazing." I raised my mouth to hers and kissed her gently, savoring the feel of her lips on mine. As I pulled away I sang a few lines from the show, raising my hand to her cheek as I gazed into her eyes. "You got me helpless, I look into your eyes and the sky's the limit. I'm helpless, down for the count and I'm drowning in'em"

Her smile that followed was one of joy and pain together, and her kiss was hungry and sweet. We floated through the lobby like there was no one else in the world, making our way to our room. Iryna slipped in the keycard and walked briskly into the room. After about ten feet I kicked off my shoes and turned seeing Iryna's perfectly shaped body silhouetted in the doorway. Her eyes were locked on mine as she closed the door behind her. The only illumination now came from the window, where the incessant light from the city that never sleeps still filtered through.

I reached behind me and unzipped my dress, letting it pool around my feet. I stepped out of it, backing away slowly as Iryna came forward. Even in darkness, her intense blue eyes sent shivers down my spine. She stripped off her jacket, her high-waisted slacks perfectly accentuating her slim figure. My mouth watered at the sight. God, she was beautiful, and seeing her move towards me with that hunger was almost more than I could take, but I persisted with my little striptease, reaching behind removing my bra. As it fell away I puffed my chest out, giving a little a little pouting expression and twisting my shoulders back and forth. "My dress fell off."

Iryna's only response was a growl as she closed the distance between us and lifted me into her arms. My whole body shuddered in pleasure as she held me, my arms wrapping around her and my mouth gently kissing her neck as I soaked in her warmth.

Moments later she was laying me down on the bed. She stepped back and began to unbutton her blouse, slowly revealing inch after inch of her perfect, lightly tanned skin. I rose up on my knees and pulled her to me, our mouths finding each other as my fingers finished the last of her buttons.

Her bra was soon discarded, and she pulled away again, bending luxuriously at the waist as she stripped off her bottoms.

I was pushed gently back onto the bed and I let her body overshadow mine. Our kiss was deep and long, and I lost myself in it. Losing myself in Iryna was the most wonderful feeling in the world, and I was determined to do it every moment I could tonight.

After a deliciously long time Iryna's attentions moved to my neck. I slid my thigh between her legs, feeling the wetness of her excitement on my skin. She moved softly against me, her tongue tracing circles over the pulse point on my throat. Almost too soon she was moving down, worshipping my breasts as I gasped and moaned, my fingernails tracing lines over her lower back.

Lower still she went, kissing over my tummy, my hands running over her hair, which was still tightly woven into a French braid. She stopped for a moment, reaching behind her and removing the hair tie that held it in place and shook out her beautiful sandy blonde locks. She lowered her head again, slowly kissing my thighs just above my stockings as I eagerly parted for her.

My panties pealed away, leaving the garter and silk thigh highs in place. She hovered over my sex for a moment, the warmth of her breath causing my body to quiver from head to toe, and then she was on me. I sighed and moaned, called my lover's name both softly and with desperation.

Expertly she pleasured me, and gratefully I reveled in it. Soon my orgasm was on me and it carried me into insensibility. As I recovered I felt my stockings and garter being stripped away. "I want feel all of you, moya lyuba."

Moments later she was hovering over me after stripping off her panties, slowly lowering her delicious, dripping sex to my mouth.

We made love for nearly two hours. No toys, just lips, tongues and fingers, I never wanted it to end, because deep down I was terrified that when it did, it would really be over. I reveled in her flavor, her aroma, the feel of her skin on mine. Iryna seemed just as desperate to take all of me in as well. After what felt like an all too brief eternity, it was over, my last orgasm subsiding. I couldn't go anymore, so Iryna gently pulled me into her arms.

This was it, the end. The wall I'd been building to keep my emotions in check cracked, buckled, and then crumbled to the ground as I began to sob into her shoulder. Her eyes were filled with concern as she rubbed my back. "Carrie, what is wrong?"

"Please ... please don't leave me. Please stay, I ... I love you. I love you so much." I clung desperately to her as the words tumbled from my mouth, hot tears streaming from my eyes. "Please don't leave."

She held me as I wept. "Oh, moya lyuba, why have you not told me?"

"I ... I didn't think you wanted it. That you were OK with leaving. And I can't do the long distance. I'm sorry. I just can't,"

"Shh" She stroked my hair lovingly. "I know, I have known this always. You, moya lyuba, need to be held every night."

"I'm sorry, this isn't fair to you. I... "

I tried to roll away, but Iryna didn't let me. She looked deep into my eyes. "Carrie, are you listening?" I nodded, and I could feel my heart begin to shatter as I prepared for what was coming.

A heart stopping moment, and then, "I love you, too. With everything I am, I love you, but I cannot stay."

My jaw trembled, but she wasn't finished. "Come with me."

"Wha ... What?"

Iryna's face had changed, insecurity evident in her eyes. "It is what this weekend is about, other than just being with you. I want you to come." She blushed deeper. "I mean, with me. Be with me. I need you, too. I wanted to ask you this. I have been trying to find the courage." Her fingers played in mine. "But you never said anything. I thought, maybe I wanted more than you did, but ... I don't know. I was going to ask you tomorrow. If I could find my nerve."

I stared at her for moment. My exhausted brain reeled. Was it possible, was I dreaming? I started to answer but she stopped me with a kiss. "I love you. But do not answer now. We will talk in the morning."

"Why didn't you tell me you loved me? Why did you wait?"

Iryna reddened and kissed my shoulder. "I have been telling, you, in my way. What do think moya lyuba means?"

I finally understood. "It means 'my love', doesn't it?"

She pulled me close, our legs and arms twining together, desperately trying to be as near to each other as physically possible. "Yes. And I have meant it every time." Her lips were less than an inch from my ear. "Every time."

I began to cry again, this time for a very different reason. I don't know how many times we said 'I love you' before I fell asleep, or how many soft kisses we shared.

Morning dawned, and an orange sun rose over the East River. I woke up in a dream. Iryna was still asleep. I gazed at her, my Valkyrie, who'd come to carry me away. Could I leave everything for her? Iryna stirred in her sleep, sliding her arm up under her pillow, and her incredible blue eyes opened.

"Mmmm, good morning, moya lyuba."

"I love you, too." My smile stretched across my face. "That's so easy to say. I don't know why I was so afraid."

"Because it is always hard the first time, when you really mean it." She kissed me, and I sank into it. When she broke away it left me dizzy. "But we need to get dressed and go down to breakfast. We need to talk seriously. About what this will mean. If you say yes."

"Iryna, I..."

She put a finger to my lips. "Do not answer yet. Not while we are in bed." She rolled me onto my back. "But maybe one more reminder of all the reasons to come."

A moment later her mouth was on mine, and by the time she began to work her way down my neck I had melted completely into the pillows and mattress. Her lips descended onto my sex, and it was perfect. Just the way I loved it, soft and slow, then harder, in all the right places, in just the perfect way. I realized she'd been studying me, too. She wanted to learn about me, to make me happy. She wasn't a tennis star now. She just my girl from Kiev, and I loved her. My miracle.

We took a long time in the shower, and it was wonderful, but soon enough we'd checked out and were sitting at little brunch spot near the hotel. I savored a bite of my eggs Benedict, which I'd never had before, as Iryna began to speak.

"You must understand Carrie, this is not my life, what we have had. It is like a holiday. I travel so much, I am scheduled all around the world. And I have my people. My coach, my hitting partner, my physio, my agent, all of these travel with me. It is not for everyone." Her face fell a little and hesitation crept in to her voice.

"I will not blame you if you would say no."

I reached across the table and took her hand. "Iryna I'm going to say yes. You know that. I love you." A tear shone in her eye, but I continued. "My only question is, what would I do? I mean what would my days be like? What would you expect?"

"I have thought of this. Marcus, my physio, he was married two years ago, and he would like to start a family. He has a contract through the end of next season, but then he will not to wish to travel so much. He could train you. You are qualified to do this, getting credentials will not be hard. And you're a better masseuse, you will take that over, please?" Her eyes turned coquettish and I immediately was wishing I were running my hands over her body now. "My days are very busy, I promise you will not be bored, moya lyuba."

She steeled herself for something else, too. "There is also the press. Here, we avoid it; I am not too famous here. In Europe, Australia, other places this is less true.

Reporters will ask you questions, take your picture, write stories about you that may or may not be true. I will do what I can to protect you, but...I cannot always."

"So, we'll find a routine in the chaos." Iryna smiled and nodded, and I squeezed her hand, which I was still holding. "Then yes. Anywhere. I'll go anywhere, as long as it's with you. As long as you never stop meaning it when you call me that name. As long as you're always mine."

I felt a hot tear run down my cheek. Iryna stood and pulled me to my feet, kissing me soundly right next to our outdoor table, in full view of all of the New York crowd present. "Always and forever, moya lyuba. Always and forever."

That night we slept together in what I had come to think of as our bed, just holding each other close. I wanted to absorb as much of her presence as I could. I'd explained on the flight home that I could not simply go with her Tuesday, which she already knew, really. I had to give notice at work and I needed to talk to my family. There were also mountains of paperwork to be done, and we spent the majority of

Monday alternating between packing and making calls to various lawyers, the Women's Tennis Association, and her accountant in France, and others. By the end of the day I'd had a huge chunk of money transferred into my account, more than enough to cover the rest of my lease, pay off my car, and any shipping of personal items that I might need.

We'd worked out the bare bones of a contract, so I'd have my own money. Not the most romantic of conversations, but one I knew was necessary. It helped that my annual income was about to double.

We decided that I'd stay in the states until after Thanksgiving, and then catch up with her in France before heading to Australia for the start of next year's season in January. A whole month without her. It was daunting, but way better than the black abyss I had been staring into. Thirty days, and it would just be a bad memory.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 20 milliseconds