The Way of War Pt. 17

Cookie nodded resigned to the job.

Later Shaun laid out his personal equipment on the bed of the truck taken from his kitbag.

The RAF sheep lined flying jacket, his Shernaghs scarf and goggles along with his Australian bush hat. He found the Leica camera Sargent Black had given him in Cairo along with two rolls of film and added a note book and pencils. He removed the Carl Zeiss 50X10 binoculars from its leather case and cleaned the lenses before fitting the covers back over them and replacing it back in its case. He checked the leather case of his compass and the compass itself, before placing it with the other items. To these he added his half pint silver flask filled with Dimple Haig Malt Whiskey and four 25 pack of cigarettes and his brass Zippo lighter.

Next he checked his 1911 Colt Automatic in its US leather holster and the three magazine pouches were filled. Then turned his attention to his Cartwright rifle. The weapon had been cleaned earlier that day, he checked the magazine was filled and checked the safety before sliding it back into the rifle holster. The bandoleer had been filled with 40 rounds of ammunition and this and the rifle case he placed beside the pile he had selected. He had decided to leave his kukri behind in favour of taking a commando knife which was holstered on his army belt along with the Colt.

Shaun began to pack the items into a rucksack, adding spare items of clothing to protect the camera and compass.

When everything secured he made his way over to the Jeep carrying his rifle and bandoleer with the rucksack over his shoulder.

Sol was just placing his rucksack in it as Shaun arrived. He noticed that Sol had a case for his rifle too which he placed on his bedroll. Shaun placed his rucksack inside the Jeep making sure it was secure, before placing his rifle case on his bedroll.

"You had better eat Major before we leave, it will be a long time before your next meal, we will leave in an hour if that is OK with you," Sol said.

Shaun nodded, "That's fine with me Sol."

He made his way back to the truck leaving Sol checking everything was secure on the Jeep.

Cookie had prepared a chicken curry and a bottle of beer for him.

"All set Boss?" Cookie asked.

Shaun nodded, "Sol is just doing a final check on the Jeep cargo and then eating before we set off."

"He doesn't say much doe's he, surprised Stanley made him his 2nd IC," Cookie commentated.

"Well according to the files Ari Silverman sent with his intake to the Crater. He achieved the rank of Sargent in the British Army. So I guess he must have something in his character," Shaun murmured, as he accepted the plate handed to him by Cookie.

He was wearing his flying jacket, scarf, goggles and hat has he approached the Jeep. Sol was wearing a British parachute smock with a faded maroon berry on his head, a Shernaghs scarf around his neck.

"All set Major?" He asked.

"Sol there is no ranks in the Palmach, so it's Shaun all right."

Sol gave a slight smile and nodded, "OK Shaun get in."

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 21 milliseconds