• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Interracial Love
  • /
  • The Winter of Temptation Ch. 09

The Winter of Temptation Ch. 09

"Samantha, are you okay babe?"

Caroline walked over to the stall she knew Samantha was hiding in after a moment Samantha stepped out, and went to the sink. She cut on the faucet and cupped her hands underneath the water. Splashing her face, she came up to dry off.

"Hey. You okay?" Caroline rubbed her back.

"Yeah I just have to get my shit together." She turned to look at Caroline.

"What happened? Was it Ian?"

Samantha gave her a look. "Do you even have to ask? It seems as if everything in my life right now involves Ian somehow."

"Damn this man got you gone girl."

"I don't know what's wrong with me." "Tell me what went down back that."

"I just about ripped that girls head off out there." Caroline's mouth fell open. "I don't know what came over me."

"Holy fuck! What did Ian say?"

"He told me that he only had eyes for me. I shouldn't worry about anyone else." Samantha whispered. "I just apologized for how I acted. Then I ran as fast as I could in here, filled with embarrassment."

"Aw, I can't believe he said that to you." Caroline smiled.

"I don't know Carol."

"How many times do I have to tell you to not fight your feelings? If you want this man than by god be with him. Don't put yourself or Ian through unnecessary pain."

When Samantha chose not to say anything. Caroline entwined their arms and headed for the door. "Come on. Let's get out here, and get the children ready to go."

They walked over to the table. And got a chorus of greetings from the young children. The gesture brought a smile to the woman's face.

"Hey! You guys enjoying your coco?" Samantha asked.

"Yeah!" They chorused.

"That's good. Well finish up, because we're going to be leaving soon. We have a surprise for you." She sung.

The kids jumped on her words. Bombarding her with question after question, as she only laughed at the excitement they oozed.

She hushed them. "You'll get your surprise soon, okay."

Caroline handed her a cup of the warm chocolaty stuff. "Thank you."

"Your welcome." One by one the children finish there drinks. After which they gather there things.

"Come on. Get in and buckle up." Samantha commanded, helping the children up into the van. After everyone was in, she checked to make sure they were buckled in. "we're about to get on the road, so everyone keep their voice down, and behave." Closing the door Samantha went to the driver's side and cranked up the car. After checking her surroundings she pulled away.

~~~*~~~

"Whoa!"

"Wow!"

"Wow is right." Samantha whispered to herself. The guys had done a really good job on the center, it had made a complete transformation. All of the lights and holiday decorations made it stick out beautifully.

Caroline got out and as she did, she began to usher the kids out of the van as well. Ian and Michael pulled up at that moment. They hopped out and their long legs carried them over. "You guys like the lights?" Ian question he appeared just as animated as the young children. "Santa hooked you guys up."

Everyone laughed. Caleb walked to Ian and gave him a fist pound. "What's up bro?" Ian asked as he lifted the child in his arm. Ian walked behind the rest of the crowd, while Samantha stared at him feeling weird. The sight of him carrying a small boy, as he listened intensely was enough to make her truly worry about her sanity. 'Why do I feel butterflies in my tummy,' she thought. Going inside she busied herself with taking the children's coats.

"Come over here!" Caroline called as she directed the children to seats. "Everybody grab a piece of paper, and color it. Then I'll show you how to fold it."

The children followed her instructions.

Samantha took one last look at them before going into the kitchen to find Lauren.

"What's up ma?" Samantha hugged her from behind and kissed her cheek.

"Nothing buttercup. Just finishing up this food. When will your mama be here?"

Samantha shrugged as she nibbled on a gingerbread man. "I don't know Ma. Mama didn't say anything to me about what time she will show up."

Lauren nodded, and looked up at her. Before Samantha could react, Lauren popped her in the hand. "That's for the children's ornaments."

Samantha gave her an apologetic look, before she placed the headless gingerbread man back on the plate. "Oops."

Lauren laughed. "It's too late to put him back now." Turning all the burners on low. She turned around and dusted her hands off proudly. "What are they up to in there?"

"Caroline and the kids are making some ornaments for the tree. As for the other two, i have no clue." Samantha answered.

"Hmm." Lauren replied. "Can I ask you a question buttercup?" Laurens sharp blue eyes, eyed her as she waited for an answer.

Samantha tensed at the sound of her voice. "Sure go ahead?" She said nervously.

"Is there something going on between you, and my son?"

Samantha felt her heart tighten. 'Oh crap,' she thought.

"Um, w-what you mean?"

"You don't have to be nervous Buttercup. Ian has already talked to his dad, and Jacob told me that you and him are going through something." Lauren went over to a stool at the island counter. "So my question to you is what has got you two acting so oddly? Believe me, I know my son. And lately he has just been acting so out of character. Do you know I had to make that boy fix my wall in the pool room?"

"Why-y" Samantha stuttered.

"Because his big behind, went in there and punched a hole in it." Lauren scowled, at the memory. "I wanted to take that boy over my knee so bad. He's a lucky one, but just because i couldn't take my belt to him, doesn't mean I didn't curse him to the moon and back."

Samantha found herself chuckling, at the picture her imagination conjured up.

"So..." Lauren probed. "You can talk to me, baby. It will be just be between us. If your not ready, I'll understand. I just thought I'd ask, since I know that something is up. Jacob just refused to tell me."

Samantha thought about her options. 'What do I say,' she thought frantically.

"I-I-I..." Samantha paused to collect herself. "I know you're here for me Ma. But I'm not ready to talk yet. I-I'm confused."

Lauren stared at her boldly, waiting for her to crack, and break down. Samantha crossed her arms, looked down, and pursed her lips. Lauren finally stood up, with a sigh.

"That's fine, I'm here anytime buttercup. Come here." The taller woman wrapped her arm around her.

Ian stalked into the room, with sure strides. He observed the pair for a second, before gently clearing his throat.

"Um, Mom? Do you mind if i have a moment along with Sammy?"

Lauren kissed Samantha's forehead, then releases her embrace. "Sure. I'm going to go call your Father."

Ian nodded, and watched her leave before he turned his attention back to Samantha. He took a deep breath of air, and took the seat his mother vacated. "Sammy, I only want to say that i don't care about what you did back at the rink. I actually appreciate it."

Samantha silently cocked her head to the side.

"It showed me that you actually do have feelings for me." He smirked. "I really loved that. I know now for a fact, what I've always known." He grew quiet.

"And what's that?" Samantha asked mildly annoyed.

Ian saw this and chuckled at her feisty attitude. "That you are madly in love with me, as i am you.

But you just stubbornly refuse to acknowledge it."

Samantha rolled her eyes, and looked everywhere but at him. Yet she hadn't once, refuted what he was saying.

"I know this, and I'm telling you again, i will wait. I mean every word that I say, I've always have, and always will." He grabbed her hands, and pulled her to stand between his open legs. He kissed each one of her knuckles, before looking up into her eyes. "I'm learning to be a better man. One that is patient, honest, loving, and willing to do anything to put a smile on your face. I'm doing this for us, baby." He kissed the inside of her palm.

"You told your dad about what happen?" She asked suddenly.

Ian froze, and looked at her cautiously. "Among other things. I needed to change, and so I went to one person that i know will help me with that." He looked away. "It was hard, telling my dad about how i had hurt you. But i knew it had to be done. I have to control my anger."

Samantha closed her eyes, in embarrassment. 'Papa knows I had sex with his son. OMG!'

"Don't." Ian commanded. Samantha's eyes popped open. "Dad doesn't think any less of you." He continued, as if he had heard her thoughts.

"Ma, wanted to know what was going on also. She said that Papa wouldn't tell her anything other than that we had something going on."

Ian groaned. "Babe, you know how she is. She wants to know everything."

"I know. When she asked I just told her that I feel confused."

"Is that really how you feel?" Ian asked.

Samantha shrugged her shoulders. When Ian gave her 'the look,' she finally replied. "I-"

"You don't have to say anything." He gripped her waist. "I love you."

"Umm...umm."

Ian laughed. "Babe, I love you. But sometimes you are slow as maple syrup on a cold winter's morn." He continued to laugh, as Samantha tried to figure out what he meant. Once she did, she slapped his shoulder with a gasp. He laughed harder. "Really though. I tell you I love you, and your only response is umm."

"Whatever, you've been hanging around Andy for too long." She stepped back, trying to walk away.

"Hey! Hey, come here." He pulled her back towards him. She came crashing into his lap, where he happily wrapped her in his arms. "I was only joking. You know that." His voice was gruff as he spoke into the crook of her neck. He enjoyed this moment she let him have, since they came few and far between.

"Samantha! Bring those cookies out here, please."

Samantha shot up, at the sound of her name being yelled. Ian let out a exasperated sigh, and stood up also. He found himself doing that more and more with each passing day. Samantha grabbed a plate of gingerbread people, and headed for the door. Ian nosily checked out all of the other pots on the stove, sneaking a piece here and there, before he too left the kitchen.

He watched as Samantha handed each child a gingerbread person, all the while explaining what they were going to be doing. She then placed a dozen of small piping bags, filled with royal icing of every color in the middle.

"Okay, this is a piping bag filled with icing." She held up a bag to make sure they understood. "You're going to use this to decorate your gingerbread person, anyway that you want." The kids got excited and craned their little necks to try and see. Samantha used the piping bag to draw a dress on her little lady cookie, then she held it up to show them. The children oh'd and awed.

"Okay grab any color you want. Don't be afraid to be creative, if you need any help I'm right here."

Ian drifted closer to the tables the kids occupied, and silently observed as they decorated. Of course Caleb's little head popped up and looked at him hopefully.

"Are you going to make a gingerbread man with us?" he asked.

Ian looked surprised, and then looked over at Samantha seated at the head of the table. She playfully held up a cookie, smiling as she swayed the cookie from side to side. Ian relented and nodded.

"Sure, I'd love to make one, junior." He pulled up a chair, and eased his big frame beside the little boy at the table. He knew this made the little guy happy, since for some reason Caleb looked up to him.

Samantha passed him a cookie, and laughed at him. Ian awkwardly picked up a piping bag and hesitated. He knew that if he tried he would screw up horribly. Looking over at Caleb's cookie, he saw that the little boy had given his ginger guy a pair of pants, and shoes.

'What the hell,' He thought. Scratching his head, he leaned forward to try, and do... something.

Then he felt a presences at his back, before that person leaned forward. Samantha took the piping bag from his oversized palm. "How do you want him to look?"

Ian shrugged his shoulders, feeling like an idiot, the kids around him had no trouble at all with the activity, yet he had to have help. 'Damn.'

Samantha looked at him, before she began to decorate his cookie. "All you have to do is, know what you want. Then just draw it on your cookie. It's just like doodling." She explained, simply.

He leaned closer, enjoying her close proximity and scent. "Yeah, but you know that I can't draw worth sh-," Samantha cut her eye at him before he could finish his next word. "nothing." He finished.

He looked down at the cookie she worked on and saw that she had dressed the gingerbread man in a suit, and even gave him blonde James Bond hair using yellow icing. He laughed loud, and openly. It drew the attention of the other children, and they all looked at his cookie.

"Cool." They chorused. Some began to hold up theirs, and showed it off.

"See it's easy." Samantha directed at him before she walked off to check out the other children's creations.

After a while she stopped at the head of the table. "Alright little ones finish up with your ginger person. Once you're done, we're going to leave it here to dry. While the icing is drying we're going to eat lunch. Then come back and I'll help you write your names on the back."

Lauren called the children over to her. Giving Ian and Samantha more alone time together.

"Thank you for helping me back there." Ian said coolly.

"Your welcome curly." She replied giving him a smile. She walked off, yet Ian followed. Making her stomach flutter secretly. "Um, Ian do you need anything?"

Ian stopped in his tracks as Samantha turned and tilted her head to the side. He knew that she was teasing him as she asked this, but it still caused him to blush harshly. He knew that he was acting as if he was a love sick puppy, but he couldn't seem to stop himself. He smiled bashfully at her before he grabbed her hand. Together they walked into the kitchen to grab some food. Every adult in the room eyed them, but didn't remark on the sudden dynamic change. Once they had their food, Ian led her to a seat at the table right beside him. They ate in silence.

"Ian, how come Caleb seems so attached to you?" Samantha's asks, no longer able to stand the strange silence.

Ian glanced at her, then looked back to his food. "I don't know." He shrugged. "I would come here to help out with Mom all the time. An overtime Junior just seem to follow me around, and stick up under me. I didn't mind, since it gave me a proud feeling. I soon saw him as the baby brother I never had. He comes from a struggling family that doesn't have much. So the center provides for him, as well as other children that are like him. Caleb is an awesome kid, and I'm very honored that he looks up to me the way he does."

Samantha gazed at him silently for a moment. Suddenly a smile blossomed on her face, and she went back to eating her meal.

"So you ready for Christmas day?" Ian asked.

Samantha rolled her eyes playfully. "Of course." She chewed and swallowed her food. "You know that I am. I can't wait to see the face of every one I love and care about open up all the gifts, and pig out on good food. Enjoy all the Christmas movies, and marathons..." she trailed off, with a silly grin on her face. She felt foolish for babbling on about Christmas like a little girl, but she couldn't help it. Christmas was truly her favorite day out of the entire year.

Ian found it so adorable, and he told her so. "It's so cute seeing you still get excited over Christmas."

"Oh whatever!" She groaned.

"It is." He insisted. "Seeing your face light up on Christmas morning make my day each year." He whispered in his deep baritone.

"Ian." She closed her eyes, and exhaled. Her stomach butterflies fluttering everywhere. "Don't say things like that."

"Look at me, Sammy." She slowly did as he asked. "Believe me."

Ian wished he could wipe all her fears away, along with the dejected look upon her beautiful face. He regretted everything he had done in the past that hurt her. For the millionth time, he cursed his stupidity, and fear. He grabbed her cheek, and kissed it. Pulling back, he held her gaze for a few seconds, before he got up and walked away. Giving her space to think about what he said.

Belinda showed up a while later, and everyone sat and conversed about any, and everything. She finally met Michael, and instantly took a liking to him. Once lunch was over, everyone thanked the chef, and went back to the different activity's they had planned for the children. Someone turned on a mix of all kinds of Christmas music, and the atmosphere was truly filled with Joy & Cheer. It was late into the afternoon when they got to actually decorating the trees. Everyone had their hands full with a task. From hanging ornaments, stringing tinsel and popcorn, to wrapping them with colorful lights that brought the tree to life.

Lastly everyone got their gingerbread person, Samantha had talked her Mom, and the others into make one as well. So everyone would have a keepsake to remind them of the very special day they had. Samantha hung her cute little cookie up, and beamed proudly. Feeling someone at her back, she looked over her shoulder, and up into Ian's beautiful face. He smiled back at her, before he reached past her. She watched as he hung up his ornament right next to hers, for Samantha the gesture was symbolic. For her it symbolized how it would always be him & her. She finally made up her mind to let him into her heart fully. She was finally going to allow them to explore the love they had for each other. She decided that she was going to call up Calvin, and tell him that there wasn't going to be a relationship between them, because she was in love with her best friend, Ian Mitchell Queen.


A/N: I would like to thank Lafaith09 and Sturgis. There are a few other people I would like to thank but I forgot your lit name so forgive me! Lafaith09 chewed my ass out and kicked it in gear, so thank her ya'll. Lol no but seriously I thank you guys. My baby (Story) would be nothing without ya'll so know that. I luv ya.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Interracial Love
  • /
  • The Winter of Temptation Ch. 09

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 60 milliseconds