• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Novels and Novellas
  • /
  • There Must Be A Mistake Ch. 23

There Must Be A Mistake Ch. 23

123456...8

Note: All persons in this novel are fictitious. If you are looking for a great deal of explicit sexual activity, this story is not for you. Those scenes that are included will be evocative rather than just for the sake of sex itself. This story is for your reading pleasure. Its length is undetermined at this time, because I do not know where my mind will take me along the way. I hope you will stay with me during this journey until it reaches its inevitable conclusion.

Scientific Note: A Light Year (LY) is a MEASUREMENT OF DISTANCE, not a MEASUREMENT OF TIME. It is 6 trillion miles, plus, or minus 3%. When the Sagittarius 'A' Star explodes inside the Supergiant Black Hole, scientists 'believe' it will be the first time anything will escape from a Black Hole. It will be caused by the immense force of the explosion, and the rapid expansion of the Black Hole. Bob/P_D10

Chapter 23

110. Kids Will Drive You to Drink

"Hello Newton, Holden is in his room waiting for you."

"Hello grandma, I'll see you later."

"Hello Delicious, how are you feeling?"

"Hi mom, I feel round and stuffy. I can't believe Teddy's not going to be twins. She feels like she's in there boxing with someone."

"You have to put something on your nose honey; you're beginning to look like Rudolph the red nose reindeer."

"Don't you start with me; Gray ran out of the house this morning, because I was running after him with a pot."

"Have you seen the Doctor?"

"If I didn't, my husband would have taken me to the hospital. Yes, the doctor said I have to drink more fluids, take my prenatal vitamins, and rest. I have a common cold. I do not have the flu, or pneumonia; I have a cold."

"I'm sure you were happy to get that news."

"Gray called me a liar. He said I did not go to the doctor. If I didn't have the receipt he would have taken me there himself. We had a little discussion over it."

"How much of the house has to be redone?"

"I'm writing all of this down, because I can't catch him anymore. After Teddy is born, he may not go to work for a month, or more, due to his injuries."

"Teddy is due in nine weeks?"

"No mom, she's due in eight weeks. Then I'll need you to take care of the two kids, one Sunday for me, while I teach my errant husband a lesson he seems to have forgotten."

"You know I will do that for you anytime you ask. Gordon and Zoie are really looking forward to being her godparents."

"I can see those two doting over her. It's going to be really cute."

"Has she said anything interesting to Newton lately?"

"This child has no brain to mouth filter. Newton and I were quietly reading in the living room, and suddenly, out of nowhere, he starts laughing."

I asked him, "What did your sister do this time?"

"You don't want to know mommy, it's embarrassing."

"I'll sit here, and wonder what she said for the rest of the day; so tell me anyway."

"Okay, but remember, I didn't want to tell you."

Teddy said, "Mommy farted."

"I hid my face behind my book and laughed."

He asked me, "Mom do you think she's going to be like this when she can really talk?"

"If she talks like that in front of other people, she is going to be spending a lot of time in stasis."

"I don't think the punishment fits the crime mom."

"Why not Newton; 70 people are going to live in a confined space. You cannot have one, two, or three bad apples causing trouble all the time. If your sister is one of them, she has to be punished. What would you suggest as an alternative?"

"I would have her do the dirtiest job on the ship, for a long period of time. If she refuses, don't allow anyone to talk to her. She may be able to get into anyone's mind; but don't let anyone answer; ignore her."

"Have you been reading your criminology books again?"

"No, I just finish reading the Psychology of the Criminal Mind."

"Oh, just another little bit of light reading?"

"Yes, although there were more numbers in there than I wanted to look at. My head is full of them."

"You have to buy that child a comic book."

"I have, and he's finished reading it, before I pay for it."

"How about getting him a giant set of Lego?"

"Mom, he thinks the 'Beach Ball' is giant pieces of Lego. I can't tell you how happy I am Holden has made the jump. Newton finally has someone his age that is as smart as he is and can play with him."

"I had to call the school board and set up a conference to have him tested out elementary and high school. They said he would need at least four non-family references to write letters asserting he was smart enough to skip those grades. They wanted the names and addresses so they could mail the letters out themselves. When I started giving out the names, what they did and where they worked, she said, "I think we can skip that part."

"It is funny when you throw names around that people recognize. They should know dad would have friends like that all around the world. Where is he by the way?"

"Janice is giving him his physical therapy. He is getting stronger every day. He is also getting grouchier every day, because he wants to do more than he's allowed to do."

"I can understand that mom. I'm only pregnant, and I'm grouchy because I can't do the things I want to do."

"What can't you do beside beat the crap out of Gray?"

"You make it sound like it's a little thing. Trust me it's not; I live for it."

"Would you like some tea? I'll check on your father, while the water is preparing to boil."

"No thanks, I'll go with you to see what he's up to."

**********************

When they walked into my room, I was lying on my side. Janice's face was near my crotch. Her legs were pushing my legs as far apart as they would go, and she was pressing down on my hip. I don't know what it looked like from my wife's point of view, but it must not have looked good.

"What the fuck are you doing with my husband Janice?"

In a husky voice she replied, "I'm stretching out his hip flexor. You wouldn't believe how hard it is."

My wife laughed. "Oh yes I can."

"Are you enjoying yourself dad?"

"Hello Delicious, I feel like a broken Can Opener. If it snaps one more time, my spine will give out; and I'll never walk again."

"Keep quiet, you big baby, I'm the one doing all the work here. Just wait until I start on the other side."

"I thought you were bringing this side to that side."

"If you want me to stop Doctor, it will only add a month to your therapy."

"Oh no, anything but that, you may continue at all costs."

"Could you do me a favor Jennifer?"

"Sure Janice what do you need?"

"Would you pull Even's shoulder back until it touches the bed?"

"Are you sure that's a good thing? He's going to look like a reject from... I don't know from where."

"When he screams; you'll love it."

"Ladies, I think I'm going to object to this procedure."

Jennifer kissed me. "Would I hurt you my love?"

"The look in your eyes tells me you certainly would. The only person in this room that would hurt me more is my daughter."

Gently, with the force of an Abrams tank, she pulled my shoulder down towards the bed. I felt it in my lower spine first. Then there was a shooting pain going down my leg. It felt like I had just been hit by a bolt of lightning. Just as Janice predicted, I let out a blood-curdling scream. Then, like a rubber band being relieved of tension; I felt my hip joint loosen up, and the muscles relax.

Janice slapped my ass. "Way to go Doctor that wasn't so bad was it? This side is done; we are ready to start the other side?"

"You can Janice, only if you want to die. I may not be able to kill you today or tomorrow, but I will pay someone to kill you someday, in the vilest manner imaginable."

"If you're not nice to me Doctor, I'll have Ronald do the left side. He's very good at it, but he's not as gentle or caring as I am. He used to play left-tackle for the Houston Texans. He will get your hip moving in five minutes or less. Of course, your ribs and thighs will be bruised for three or four months. He may also have to put your shoulder back into its socket when he's done, but your hip will be fine."

"You're just saying that to frighten me."

"Jennifer would you hand me my keychain please."

"How many nurses do you see in this picture?"

"There are four nurses in that picture."

"There are five nurses in that picture. That is not a white backdrop behind us, that's Ronald's white shirt. I had to cut off the top half of his body because it didn't fit in my keychain."

"Okay tomorrow, you can start on my right hip, tomorrow. Are you satisfied now?"

"It works every time doctor. No one wants to meet Ronald, but he is a pussycat."

*********************

"What do you think Newton? Is it worth a trip through the 'White Hole' to see if Sagittarius 'A' gets eaten by that Black Hole?"

"I have so many things I want to ask, and tell you, I don't know where to begin. You have come so far in such a short period of time, I think you're better than I am. Look at what you accomplished in a period of a few short weeks by yourself. I did a lot by myself, but I had help from my mom, dad, and from grandma.

You found the first 'White Hole', which you will get credit for naming in all the textbooks and scientific journals in the future. A few days later, you found, and will name this asteroid; which will pass so close to Earth, people will be able to see it with the naked eye, because of its massive size."

"What are you going to do for an encore, when you turn nine Holden?"

My son closed the door to his room, and asked his cousin a very serious question.

"I need your word of honor you will not tell anyone what I am about to tell you."

"You have it. You're not sick or anything, are you?"

"I'm not sick, I'm fine. It's just I am not going to go with you in 'The Best Luck.' I want to stay here to build 'The Even Luck Odyssey."

"Holden I wish you 'Luck.' First, your mother will drug you, tie you up, and carry you onto 'The Best Luck' by herself. She has the legal right to do it, because you will only be 10 years old.

"Second, how are you going to finance it?"

"I was counting on Gordon for that part. I was hoping he would transfer his patent for Nuclear Fusion Reactor to me. If he will, instead of selling it to investors in large clumps, I will license it to friendly countries around the world. The initial investment will be in the 4 to 5 hundred million-dollar range, and then charge them royalties and fees every year.

I want to build the Even Luck Odyssey large enough to carry 900 to 1000 people, who will pay for the privilege of going into space, and return 5 to 10 years later. It will be the first commercially viable space transportation system.

While Odyssey 1 is in space, we will be building Odyssey 2. With everything we will learn as we build each ship, who knows how safe and fast we will be able to make them."

Since Holden rarely closed his door, I couldn't help but open it a little, to listen in on their conversation. I was so intent on listening to them; I didn't hear my wheelchair roll up behind me. When it hit the back of my knees, I collapsed onto the seat. My feet hit the door, and it opened wide.

The boys looked at me, caught as if they were rats caught in a trap.

Innocently, I said, "Hello boys, I just left my room and saw Holden's door was closed. I thought you were being quiet, because I was still sleeping. I wanted to say hello, and let you to know I was awake. I wanted you to be able to have a very good time, and not have to restrict yourselves to being quiet, because of me."

Holden came over, and kissed me. "Good morning dad, how are you feeling today?"

"Do you remember what Janice did to me yesterday?"

"I think everyone in Temple knows what Janice did to you yesterday. That was quite a scream you let out."

"I agree with you. My ears still hurt from that scream. When she comes back on duty this evening, she wants to do the other hip. If I don't die in the process, I will feel 100% better than I did three days ago."

"That's great dad; every little bit gets you closer to being well."

"Thank you Doctor Holden; I just didn't expect the cure to be as bad as the disease."

Two hands hit the opposite sides of my head, at the same instant. I knew which one was Hannah's, because she never held anything back, when I complained. It took me a second to realize it belonged to my daughter.

"Is that any way to greet your father Delicious?"

"If Hannah would have changed sides with me, your head would still be rolling dad."

"Young woman, after you deliver my granddaughter, I'm going to give you the spanking you earned on the morning of my wedding."

"Oh no you're not; that has passed the statute of limitations."

"I see you remember that transgression. It may have passed your statute of limitations, but it certainly hasn't passed mine. I'll let you choose the judge, but I'll pick the jury."

"You choose the judge, I'll choose the jury."

"I find that agreeable."

"Why do I feel like I just got screwed?"

"Would you like to change back to the original format?"

"Can I pick the judge and the jury?"

"Can I spank you before we go to court?"

"What's the sense in that? I would have already lost, and received my punishment."

"It would make no sense for you, but for me, I would finally have the satisfaction of knowing I had given you something you so richly deserved."

"Dad, I've changed; I'm a mother, and a good wife."

"I will certainly agree with you being a good mother. I will give you the satisfaction of saying; you are a wonderful mother. However, as a wife, you are iffy."

"Iffy; look at me, I look like a twig with a bowling ball sticking out of my middle. Your sister, my mother did this to me, because she's angry with you. If she didn't tell Newton about the dire consequences of getting my tubes tied, I would get it done as soon as Teddy took her first breath."

Newton yelled, "Stop talking like that mom, grandma's yelling at you, and it's hurting my ears."

"Tell grandma to 'Fuck Off."

"MOMMY!"

"I'm sorry Newton; I know you can't use those words. Ask grandma to take her hand, and shove it up her blowhole."

"Thanks mom, that's better."

I grabbed my daughter's hand pulled her across my lap, and started spanking her.

On the third swat, Hannah grabbed it on the way down.

"Doctor, the baby; I agree she richly deserves it, but not now."

"Oh God, thank you Hannah, I lost control. I can't believe she made my grandson say that thing to her mother. It is inexcusable on my part. I hit a pregnant woman. Take me back to my room please."

"It was my fault dad. Don't isolate yourself because of me."

I didn't answer her. I just got back into bed, and cried myself to sleep. I had never done anything so aberrant in all my entire life.

****************

111. Trial by Errors

"Get out of here General."

"I am not leaving Margaret alone, not now, not ever."

"Then stay out of the way, a lot of people are going to be here in a second."

Margaret was receiving 100% oxygen, while a nurse was doing chest compressions. The second nurse was looking at the cardiac readout, which told her Margaret was suffering from atrial fibrillation. Finally, the automatic doors swung open, and the crash cart came through. It was followed by doctors, nurses, and technicians. Bringing up the rear was a tiny girl pushing a 'not so portable' x-ray machine.

They worked on Margaret like ants carrying food to their nest. Everyone had a job to do; and each one was performing it without any wasted motion.

The x-ray technician said, "Clear." Everyone backed off for a brief second. There was a click; the machine shuddered for a split second, and then became silent. The technician pulled the negative board from under Margaret's back, slipped it into a slot on the side of the x-ray machine, and disappeared.

The Doctor looked at the readouts and said, "Nitroglycerin IV, 2 cc. Warfarin, 10 cc. Tenecteplase."

"We don't have that Doctor."

"What do we have?"

"Retavase."

"12 cc. Retavase."

"That's above the standard dosage Doctor."

"I know, just get it for me. I'll sign off on it."

The medications were given to Margaret, as each member of the team took turns doing chest compressions in an attempt to keep her heart pumping blood throughout her system.

Three minutes after the Retavase was in her system, her blood pressure remained minimal, and that was because of the chest compressions. This was not good news. If it was a blockage, the medication would have dissolved it, and the artery would be wide open.

The Doctor said, "Paddles, charge to 200."

The technician repeated, "Charging to 200, ready Doctor."

"Stand clear."

Dan watched as Margaret's body leapt off her bed.

"No change Doctor."

"Charge to 250."

The technician replied, "Charging to 250, ready Doctor."

"Stand clear."

Margaret's body jumped off the bed again, as Dan watched helplessly.

"No change Doctor."

"Charge to 300."

The technician replied, "Charging to 300, ready Doctor."

Everyone stood back as the Doctor shocked Margaret, and her body did not respond.

He shocked her three more times and she did not respond. He checked her chest, her carotid arteries, her eyes, her ankles, and her femoral arteries. There was nothing else he could do.

"Someone tell me the time."

"It's 9:09A.M Doctor."

"Time of death for Margaret Post 9:09 AM."

Dan pushed himself off the wall like a bull charging out of the chute.

He pushed everyone and everything out of his way to get to her. He was so angry with himself; he was blinded with rage.

He screamed, "Margaret you can't do this to us." He grabbed her hand, and begged her not to leave him. He knew he was late with his emotional outburst, but he didn't want to spend the rest of his life without her in it."

Tears were running down his face, as Lucius put his hand on his friend's shoulder.

"I'm sorry Dan, she's gone."

"No, she can't be gone Lucius, I won't let her be gone. What will I do without her?"

He screamed, as he looked at her lifeless body. "I won't let you be dead Margaret. You never did anything wrong. I will not let it end this way. Come back to me Margaret, you have to come back; you can't be dead."

He kissed her. He raised his hand high in the air, as if he was reaching out to God.

"I want my Margaret back dammit. Give her back to me."

He brought his fist down hard towards the bed, as if to add extra emphasis to his demand for God's intervention. He felt his fist impact Margaret's chest instead.

"Oh Margaret, I'm so sorry. I abused you in life; now I have abused you in death. God should have taken me instead of you."

As he held his head down in shame, he heard "Beep."

He looked at the machine and waited. "Beep."

The Doctors and nurses heads turned to the monitors. One beep turned into two, and then three. Then she had a cardiac rhythm, and her blood pressure began to rise.

The staff tripped over Dan, trying to get him out of their way. They were trying to find out what was happening inside Margaret's body. Actually, they didn't care what had happened before; they had to make sure it happened fast enough that she had not suffered brain damage due to lack of oxygen.

One of the nurses pointed out to the Doctor they not removed the oxygen cannula from Margaret's nose, after his pronouncement of her death. It was an oversight.

It became so busy in Margaret's cubicle; Dan was squeezed out.

Doctor Finch arrived from the emergency room to witness the result of this happening.

"I understand all the doctors are going to be laid off."

"What are you talking about Finch?"

"Don't be so modest general; it doesn't suit you."

123456...8
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Novels and Novellas
  • /
  • There Must Be A Mistake Ch. 23

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 58 milliseconds