• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Celebrities & Fan Fiction
  • /
  • Things Happen For A Reason Ch. 11

Things Happen For A Reason Ch. 11

Susan McKeon kept on wondering about her conversation with her son Angel. Angel’s in love with Buffy and apparently can’t stand Darla. She figured that she would have to speak to Patrick and see what his opinion was on Darla and Buffy. Susan truly doesn’t approve of the affair, but at the same time she noticed in her son’s face how happy Buffy Summers made her son feel.

“Patrick, I need to ask you something.”

“Sure, what is it honey?”

“What do you think of Buffy Summers?”

“She’s a nice young lady. Why you ask?” Patrick was wondering why his wife mentioned Buffy Summers to begin with.

“Don’t you ever wish that we never arranged Angel’s marriage with Darla and he might have fallen for someone like Buffy?”

“Oh, Susan you’ve got to be kidding me! Angel would never fall for her. She isn’t his type at all.” ‘Why is Susan even thinking about this?’

“Gee, Patrick you make Buffy sound like she isn’t worthy of our son. She’s a nice young lady that has a good head on her shoulders.”

“Well I just think that Darla is best suited for our son and I was right. Speaking of Angel, when are you inviting him and Darla over?”

“Actually I was planning to this Saturday.” ‘Oh, and you thinking that Darla is best suited for or son’s is in your mind Patrick; our son’s in love with Buffy Summers. I’m going to find out how much of a bitch as Angel would say that Darla really is.’

~*~*~*~*~*

Darla always loved shopping. Especially when it’s Angel’s money. Angel’s money and spending it just brought a smile to her face.

“Ooh, I just can’t wait to head out and spend, spend, and spend” ‘I just can’t stand being with Angel’s mother. She’s always happy, caring and oh so thoughtful. Oh, please that makes me want to gag.’

Darla paid no attention as Angel entered the bedroom and looked right at her. He heard every word that she had just said. ‘So the bitch just can’t wait to spend my money huh? Well she won’t be able to spend as much as she’d like. I’ll make sure of that.’


“So you heading out with my mother for your let’s spend-Angel’s-money-until-we-max-out-the-credit-cards.”

“Oh, like you care! You could give a shit about what I do with your money,” she said glaring at him.

“Au contraire, my dear, I do care. I’m the one paying for the fucking credit card bills,” he said with a smirk.

“Well I’m heading out. Don’t wait up for me,” she said and walked out the door.

“I wouldn’t think of it,” Angel shouted. ‘I could care less. I’ll have some peace of mind for a couple of hours.’

~*~*~*~*~*

Darla had picked up Susan and they drove to the Los Angeles Mall. The drive to the mall was quiet because there wasn’t much to be said between daughter-in-law and mother-in-law. The most that these two ladies would ever have anything to say would either be business or Angel.

“So Darla, what are you planning to buy Angel this Christmas coming up next month?”

“I don’t know really. I haven’t thought that far along.”

“Oh.” ‘My, my trouble in paradise. Since when isn’t a wife excited about buying her husband a Christmas gift. I know I always do when it comes to Patrick.’

They made it inside the mall and headed towards the women’s clothing on the third floor. Darla apparently had better wanting to shop for herself than rather for Angel’s Christmas gift. She needed to find that right gifts for herself.

“Ooh, this dress looks fabulous. I’ll have to try it out. Oh, and here’s another one and another.” Darla picked up altogether three dresses and headed towards the dressing room.

Susan in the meantime was checking out some gifts for her daughters. As for her sons she’ll find something once the leave. She had already picked out what she wanted.

Darla looked herself over the floor length mirror as she wore each dress. She twirled herself around checking out which one of these dresses will be the chosen one.

“What to do? What to do? So many choices, which such little time.” So as Darla was on her way out, she bumped into on of the sales ladies at the store.

“Excuse me! Don’t you look before you walk?”

“I’m sorry miss.”

“Yeah, right,” Darla said and walked off. She then headed towards the register and stood right next to Susan McKeon.

“I can’t believe the nerve of some people here.”

“What happened Darla?”

“This lady that works here just bumped right into me for no reason. I can’t believe how they hire such inconsiderate people.”

“Well I hope she apologized.”

“Oh, she did, but I can tell that she didn’t mean it. I know she’s a bitch. Just look at her,” Darla said pointing at the petite brunette. Susan looked over and recognized the young lady. It was her niece Mary. She’s one of the sweetest girls ever and one of Angel’s favorite cousins.

“How dare you! That’s my niece you’ve insulted.” Susan then went over and talked to the young woman and left Darla. ‘Good riddens. No wonder Angel’s cheating on you.’

~*~*~*~*~*

Susan had decided to call her son and wondered what his plans were for tonight. She figured that is she invited Darla and him over that it’s be easier on him. Susan picked up the phone and dialed seven digits and waited for the ring.

“Hello,” said Angel.

“Angel, how are you?”

“Mom! I’m fine. All things considered.”

“Good. Could you and Darla come over for dinner tonight at the house?”

“Sure thing. You know I don’t miss a chance for a home cooked meal,” he said smiling.

“Okay. See you at six.”

“Six, it is. Bye.”

“Bye.”

~*~*~*~*~*

Angel and Darla were sitting in the living room of The McKeon Residence. Angel was thrilled that his mother invited him to dinner. He would never miss an opportunity for his mother’s home cooking. He really didn’t care that he had Darla with him because she didn’t matter to him at all.

“Dinner’s ready,” Susan said entering the living room. Everyone stood up and entered the dinning room and sat down to eat. As everyone was eating Patrick McKeon decided to strike up a conversation.

“So when are you two going to make me a grandfather?”

“Darla, doesn’t want children,” Angel said looking at his wife.

“Isn’t that right, dear?” Angel asked.

“Yes, it is.”

“Oh. That’s just too bad. I know how much Angel love his nieces and nephews,” Susan answered sadly.

“It’s okay Mom. If I want children, it won’t ever be with Darla,” Angel said smirking.

Patrick McKeon just couldn’t understand how his son and daughter-in-law were acting. He noticed the looks that they passed on to each other. It seemed that these two weren’t happy with each other.

“What’s going on here?! How could you say such a thing like that in front of your wife?”

“Don’t you remember Dad, Darla wasn’t in my agenda of getting married, but you insisted. We don’t love each other. I wish I could divorce her, but I can’t remember, Dad?”

Patrick McKeon just sat there on his chair speechless. He had no idea how far things have gone. Though he didn’t care about his son’s happiness. It was a business transaction after all

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Celebrities & Fan Fiction
  • /
  • Things Happen For A Reason Ch. 11

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 544 milliseconds