Time Rider Ch. 06

Mark turned to Nanu and pulled her into a kiss too, although one not quite as deep or passionate as he'd shared with Becky, if only because he really needed to get out of there. Every moment he spent here and now meant she had to wait even longer to see him again.

He ended the kiss and the two girls watched as the young man stepped onto the platform and began fiddling with dials and buttons. The whirring, humming and weird lights began again, indicating that the Holmes Field Device was almost ready to do its thing.

"See you in July, Becks!" Mark called out to them, smiling and waving as he and the contraption faded from view. Silence and darkness were all that remained. The girls said nothing for several seconds before Becky sighed and then turned to smile at Nanu.

"It's really late, my love," she said, taking her new housemate's hand. "What say we get some sleep, and then tomorrow, I'll show you your new world?"

"As long as I'm sleeping with you, mistress, I will wait for anything..." Nanu said readily as she committed herself to this new world and new future.

***

Another basement, seconds later...

The quiet darkness was suddenly disrupted by a strange glow, and a hum, along with blinking neon lights that seemed to spin around a perimeter. The Holmes Field Device appeared, and Mark sighed heavily as he shut it off. He slumped down onto a small stool in a nearby corner, thankful his parents and his sister pretty much never came down here. Mom didn't like the clutter, Roxy was afraid of the spiders, and his dad never wanted to be seen leaving the basement in case his mom decided she needed something dug out. Out of sight, out of mind.

He looked at the little multicoloured weed pipe he was holding in his hand, still contained in a small baggie. It didn't matter that his fingerprints were on it, since he'd shown it to Roxy. Not like she was gonna tell their parents, right?

But still, this was getting complicated. His initial trip over to Danni's house had apparently not been as smooth as hoped, and he just found out now. And now he had to jump back in time to hide the pipe under his chair in order to show to Roxy, and then get it back into Danni's room unnoticed.

Right?

Becky had been correct, these twists were getting harder and harder to manage. He'd very nearly been caught at Danni's, and it was only dumb luck that saved him. But he couldn't rely on that now. He shook his head and took a deep breath, preparing to jump back to before the confrontation with Roxy, before he'd gone into his room.

Maybe during dinner? What time had dinner been? Thank God his parents and Roxy were out right now. How many more times did he have to try to correct this little gaffe? And how?

He got up wearily and assumed his place atop the platform of the Holmes Field Device. He fired it up and in a drone of noise and particle states he could never understand, he faded from view.

Seconds later, he showed up again, hurrying off the platform and placing several small Renaissance plaster gargoyles onto the floor away from the device. He then activated it and faded out again.

Mere moments had passed before he reappeared, sweating as he held a load of brightly coloured Tang Dynasty women's clothing, tossing it aside. He looked really frazzled as he punched in more coordinates and blinked out of the basement.

When he appeared again, he was sputtering and cursing as he pulled on a tough leather leash, trying to coax a llama off the platform. The creature grunted and spit in his face. Mark swore at it but then scrambled back on the platform and winked out of view.

The Holmes Field Device glowed into existence and mariachi music blared through the basement. Several men in sequined black outfits were playing El Jarabe Tapatío and calling out joyously as Mark, who was wearing a ridiculously large sombrero, shoved them all off the platform, practically in tears from the stress he was under. He stood still and gazed in bewilderment at the Mexicans crammed into his basement, playing as if nothing had happened, while the stupid llama bobbed its head back and forth, enjoying the music. Unable to deal with this, Mark staggered onto the platform and faded out again.

"RUN!!!" he shouted in terror as he blinked back into the present, bolting off the Holmes Field Device and climbing up onto a tall, rickety shelf while an enraged velociraptor screeched hatefully and leaped at him, trying to tear his innards out with its fiendish claws. The Mariachi band's playing was replaced with cries of panic, everyone trying to escape the demon predator.

"AY YI-YI-YI-YI-YI!!!" shrieked one man as he ran about aimlessly, as if only suddenly aware of the basement he was trapped within. Instruments and sombreros were flying about in the darkness, along with growls, hisses, and the sound of fabric tearing.

The llama just spat contemptuously at everyone within range.

And Mark swore that very night that he'd never cause another time twist ever again. Ever.

All the best with that promise, Mark. You're going to need it.

***

Author's Notes: Whew, close call with Roxy, eh? Mark's finding out the hard way that time twists hurt worse than a nipple cripple from his sister. If only he listened to his sexy Physics teacher more often...

Lots to set up in this chapter, because the next story arc will feature Becky teaching Nanu about her new world and reality, while they catch up with Mark three months in the future. Like our cute and brainy teacher pointed out, he won't even notice the passage of time. The day after this chapter ends, he will simply hike out to her place, ring the doorbell, and proceed as if nothing was amiss.

On the other hand, Becky and Nanu have had to do without Mark without three months, and will no doubt ravage him when the time arrives. Looking forward to writing that.

Nanu learning about the 21st century will be entertaining, certainly. Not only will she be exposed to technologies she can't even begin to fathom, but she will be confronted by laws and morals that likely will make no damn sense to her. How can that not be entertaining?

For you zoilists out there, calm down about the bathing houses being not segregated in this chapter. There were indeed periods in Roman history where women not only had their own chambers in public bath houses, but even were known to mingle with the men in the main rooms. And yes, depravity sometimes ensued. Rome, like any society, had more liberal, and more conservative periods. The reign of Trajan was relatively liberal.

And there are extensive records of Vestal Virgins who broke their vows. Calm down, I didn't make it up.

I don't wanna say any more, because I love surprises. In the meantime, I've got a chapter of Expecting to post, so I'd better get to it. I'm so very behind in my publishing schedule.

Keep your stick on the ice!

- Administration

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 27 milliseconds