To Love a Were Ch. 08

"But you love bad boy Dominic," he murmured at her ears.

"Yes, apparently I do... that's why I'm marrying him," she laughed and pushed him away.

"So, how many people exactly are we expecting to invade English territory a week before the wedding?"

"Don't be so droll. About a hundred or so relatives... and a few neighbours and friends... and well, their kids and their grandkids. Sheesh. Are you getting cold feet already?" she laughed, slapping a pillow on his tummy.

"Better now than never. Nay, I didn't mean that! Geez that hurt!" Dominic rolled around trying to avoid Sydney's pillow slam.

"I'm telling you Dominic Ryan MacFarlane, you better not lose in the games or you're dead meat. I only accept the best."

"What... wait... what games are we talking about here?"

"The Highland games! How can you not know what I'm talking about?"

"Why are women so difficult to understand? You jump from one topic to another without any synthesis! But that's besides the point. So what's this game that I can't lose at again?"

"Haud up yer heid like a thistle and be a proud Scot!" she replied with a laugh. "But seriously, it's just a small game, unlike the big ones they have at the festivals. The men in my family had to win every round of the game to prove he was worthy of becoming the groom. And that my darling, is why you must not lose."

"Hey, do I look like I'm the losing type?"

"Yeah right. I'm pretty sure Big Mike could punch you out flat."

"What! Married men can compete too?"

"Okay, maybe not. Then there's always Alpha. Bet your ass you can't beat him!"

Dominic's smiling face dropped immediately.

"Wait a minute. You're not going to have to marry him if he wins do you?"

"Maybe..." Sydney laughed at Dominic's panicked expression.

"Don't be such a baby. You know I only need you around for sex," she replied before laughing hysterically trying to avoid Dominic's pillow attacks.

***

3 weeks later...

The MacFarlane compound was impossibly crowded with people, with more streaming in by the dozen every few hours or so. Even then, Eian had graciously welcomed Sydney's guests. There were probably fifty of them so far but he was told to expect more over the next couple of days. Accommodation wasn't a problem. Immediate family would be living in Dominic and Sydney's new home while the other extended family members would be house guests in the larger houses in the compound. He had also seen to it that at least twenty temporary and mobile houses were on standby.

Sydney had handled the rest, much to his satisfaction. Hotel bookings for other guests, food catering, transportation in and out of the compound and most importantly, according to Sydney, was preparing the site for their traditional highland games.

Leaning by the open door, he called out to Fiona.

"Sweetheart, what time are the Sandilands coming?"

"They'll be here soon. Do I hear a hint of fear in your voice?" teased Fiona. She was busy wrapping the gift baskets for Sydney's bridal shower.

"Not fear... just anticipation. It's been quite a few decades since we've had a marriage to an outsider. However, the last time it was a quiet ceremony with not much excitement. But this time, it's going to be quite a ceilidh."

"Quite a what?"

"A party. Ceilidh usually just means a visit among friends but you'll see them Scottish twist this place into a fair ground."

Fiona chuckled as she got up and went to his side.

"You make it sound like it's going to be a nightmare. I think it'll be fun. I've never really been to a fair so I guess this comes close."

Eian closed his fingers around hers as a gesture of understanding.

"Want some help with those things?"

Fiona looked over at the baskets of gifts and gave a shrug.

"You wanna curl ribbons?"

"Sure. When's the bridal shower again?" he asked as he filled up one the baskets with various bottles of soaps and trinkets.

"A few days from now. Why?"

"Just wondering. Are you going to get drunk and naked?"

"Am I what? You know I can't drink! And what do you mean naked?" Fiona slapped a bottle of shower gel onto the floor.

"Don't you know? According to the Scotts, you've got to strip the bridesmaid naked and parade her around the village!" Eian tried to look stern as he said it but he couldn't help the slight twitch at the corners of his mouth. He held off his laughter for as long as he could before bursting out in hysterics.

"Eian!" She slapped him playfully on his hand. "You're going to pay for that!"

"You should have looked at the expression on your face. Oh it was to die for!"

"Right. Someone's going to be dead unless he explains to me about the female clothes in the dressing cupboard back in his chateau."

The laughter died from Eian's face as he looked at her curiously.

"What female clothes?"

"You know what I'm talking about." She was glaring at him with narrowed eyes. Eian tried to stifle a laugh. She's even adorable when she's angry.

"I had them bought them for you. You know you have terrible taste Sweetheart. Don't deny it. I'll bring them here for you if you would like me to," he said with an amused smile.

"Do you enjoy dressing me up so much Eian?" she retorted.

"As much as I enjoy taking them off." Fiona caught the glint in his eyes and stuck out her tongue at him. She was about to slap away at his hand on her skirt zipper when their doorbell rang.

"Saved by the bell," she laughed before getting up to answer the door. When she opened it, Fiona squealed in delight at the sight of Dominic, Sydney and her parents.

"Hey Sweetie, is Eian home? Oh there he is! Ma, this is Fiona, one of my bridesmaids and that is Eian... the uh... village chief." She darted a quick look at Eian to make sure he was alright with her way of explaining his prominence in the compound without giving away their secret.

"Pleasure to meet you Sir, Maam. I do hope you find your accommodations to your liking. You'll need a lot of rest from the long trip here I reckon."

"Oh no we won't be getting much sleep tonight I'm afraid. We're having the dance off tonight. You'll be coming right?" asked Edward as he shook Eian's hand.

"Ah, dance off... yes, I suppose I will have to come."

A while later as Sydney carted her parents away; Fiona gave a laugh as she watched Eian skipping around the house. It was an amusing sight to watch him in such high spirits.

"What?" he asked guiltily.

"That thing you're doing... are you skipping Eian?"

"It's called dancing," he said defensively. "Didn't you hear Sydney's parents talking about the dance off thing? I do not want to appear as having two left feet, so I'm practicing."

Fiona tried to contain her laughter. She had never seen dancing that involved much jumping and skipping around but if Eian believed it was dancing then she'll believe in his abilities.

***

Dinner was held in the great communal hall so as to accommodate all their guests. The families in the compound contributed something to the table that night and Eian brought in a few of his selected wine for the occasion.

A while later, as food was slowly being cleared off the table, Sophia, the bride's mother announced that the dance off was about to begin.

"But first, here's my little munchikins performing our famous swords dance with her father, Edward as piper!" Sophia literally screamed into the microphone as the sound of bagpipes filled the hall as Edward marched forward to the stage with Sydney behind him. She was dressed in what looked like a tartan kilt of her family clan and also a velvet waistcoat of similar colours. In both her hands she carried a long sword which she then placed on the floor in a crossed manner before bowing to everyone present.

The piercing sound of the bagpipes was nothing compared to Sydney's movements. She jumped and skipped to every beat of the pipes, crossing the swords in sharp yet elegant movements.

"That looks like what you were doing earlier today," whispered Fiona to Eian. He gave a chuckle and squeezed her hand. It was a long time since he had seen any highland dancing. It made him proud that someone as urban as Sydney still had her traditions rooted within her; she was a perfect addition into the compound and a perfect partner for Dominic.

In fact, at that moment, Sydney was dragging Dominic upstage and beginning the dance off. The goal, it seems was to outperform the other contender. Dominic was competing with his body wave dancing. It was actually good except that he was slightly tipsy and mostly goofing around, making everyone laugh and clap louder for him. Eventually, Big Mike had to pull his brother in law off the stage and take over as a contender. Mike weighed about 100kg but he was made up of muscles and had his wolf-like agility on his side. He almost trashed Sydney with his breakdance moves- his helicopter and windmill was well executed and earned cheers from the crowd. However, Sydney came back with a surprising rendition of a hiphop infused highland dance!

Now the competition was getting exciting as more and more people joined the stage to dance to whatever rhythm suited them. By the end of the night, almost everyone was on their feet, dancing to the music blasting through the sound system. Fiona had never seen such excitement within the compounds before and felt herself tapping her feet away to the music.

"Want to dance?" offered Eian as he got up. Fiona tried to resist but he had pulled her up to join the others. They had quite a laugh teasing each other as they danced. Fiona was no jitterbug but she danced fairly well.

The final song for the night was a slow song meant for partners and lovers. The smooth serenade was a perfect end to the night as couples held on to each other.

"It seems like a ceilidh after all," whispered Fiona as she leaned on Eian's chest.

"I think we haven't seen the best yet. The party has just started..."

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 280 milliseconds