Under My Skin Ch. 05

"Yes Ma'am. Thank you your cooperation. I'll be getting out of your hair now." With that he smiled and walked out of the kitchen.

Megeara followed him to the front door and opened it for him. He gave her a smile then stepped out. When she finally closed the door behind her and locked it, she collapsed down to the floor and breathed out relief.

The police had apparently finished their investigation. She could hear them get in their vehicles and drive off.

Now that they were gone, she could get back to finding her friend. Getting to her feet , she went back into the kitchen and grabbed her phone. She didn't know of any car rentals so she dialed information.

As she waited for them to pick up, she wondered just what he was doing now. She really hoped he was alright. She bit her lip and her face darkened as she thought again to the thought of him being hurt by the same person who attacked her.

The line on the end rang again and she growled at it impatiently. Come on, pick up already! She desperately wanted to get out there and find him. After the sixth ring, some cheery voiced representative picked up.

Megeara forced her voice to be calm and polite as she described her needs to the assistant on the phone then heaved a sigh of growing agitation as she was forced to wait as she was transferred to a car rental phone line.

It took several minutes just to iron out the details with the representative on the phone only to be put on hold again. She was beginning to get annoyed. She felt her nails biting in to her palm as she balled her fist up tight.

Finding Dustin torn up like her trunk began to seep into her thoughts as she heard the old jazz wait music. Her stomach turned cold and her temper flared. She could not bear to wait anymore. This was not helping.

She growled at the phone and hung up then grabbed her keys and walked with purpose out the front door. She got in and backed out of her drive way in a hurry.

The engine roared as she pressed down the accelerator. She turned sharply and nearly ran red lights as she drove more recklessly than she had in her life. She knew in her heart Dustin needed her and she was going to find him.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 56 milliseconds