Unexpected Turn of Events Ch. 20

It then all completely started to catch up on both the guys.

Cullen wrapped Angel up in a very tight hug. "You are beyond brilliant my love."

"Yes I know that I am. No need to point out the damn obvious."

Even Owen had to chuckle at that.

Cullen then continued, "If the place is on lockdown, whoever is behind this won't be able to leave and find out that they captured the wrong twin."

"My point exactly Cullen," smiled Angel. "See, I knew you can be bright at times."

Cullen growled. "Don't push is dearie."

"Ok, but this doesn't explain how we will get Isobel back and for that matter where you're going to be hiding," asked Owen.

"That's easy Owen. I won't be hiding," answered Angel in a very determined voice. "I am going to look for my sister."

"Like hell you are! If you honestly think that I am going to let you go out on your own, you have gone completely mad," said Cullen angrily.

Angel stepped up to Cullen, and cupped his face. "Listen Cullen. My sister is missing. While you are here coming up with a plan with only your trusted betas, I will have to do something. I won't be able to just sit around and do nothing. There has to be some sort of place I can stay at for the time being."

"There is that abandoned cabin at the far end of our territory Cullen," suggested Owen. "Hundreds of years ago, some of our guards were stationed there to keep watch over and keep an eye out for intruders or attacks."

"But the place must be in complete shambles," said Cullen.

"No it isn't. Quilliam has always kept an eye out and kept it updated after all this time. He always believed it shouldn't be forgotten because it's historic to us all. It is something from our past," explained Owen.

"See Cullen! I can still be on our property, but just where no one ever goes."

Cullen started to pace again. He didn't like this at all. The thought of Angel being out there on her own without any help didn't sit well with him. What if something should happen? It would take a while for any one of them to reach that cabin. Unless...

"I will assign two of my fighters with you that I absolutely trust without a doubt. I am not asking Angel for your opinion on this matter," Cullen

added when he saw she was about to argue with his choice. When Cullen saw that she just closed her mouth, he continued, "I believe with our bond, we will still be able to communicate just perfectly fine."

Cullen looked at them both and thought for a moment. "Alright it's done, give me a second."

'Cole! Angus! Meet me outside quickly by the barns. Alert no one that I asked you to come.'

It took a moment before one by one they responded.

'Yes Alpha. We are on the way as we speak.'

Once Cole and Angus arrived, all five of them headed into the barns and shut the doors. Immediately Angus and Cole recognized a different scent.

"No point in delaying this anymore. I need you two to go with Angel and keep her safe in the cabin right at the border of our territory," said Cullen. He further began to explain everything that has happened and the plan they have came up with as of yet. "I will know more once I inform the pack that Angel is missing."

"Yes Alpha. Don't worry, we will protect your Angel with our lives," answered Cole.

"You better, or you will have to deal with me."

"Cullen that is enough! They will do what you asked. No point in threatening them for something they have not done yet. Stop it already," interrupted Angel. "Now, both you and Owen need to head to the house now, because it would be odd that it took you long to inform the pack. Say that you were planning on meeting me in the fields for me, and after a while—blah blah blah—you get the point Cullen? Go now, before it looks too suspicious." Angel turned toward Angus and Cole, "and you two, please show me the way to our temporary home."

Before she took a step, Angel turned toward Cullen and looked deeply into his eyes. "Please bring back my sister safely to me."

Cullen once again took her into her arms. "I promise you Angel. Isobel will be returned to you unharmed as soon as possible." He leaned in and kissed her deeply, showing her the love he felt for her—tinged with his worry for her.

"I love you Cullen," said Angel softly but meaning wholeheartedly.

"Tha gaol agam ort-fhèin," whispered Cullen.

With that Cullen, stood right there, watching his Angel fade away in the distance.

----------------------------

Half Hour later...

Cullen had already informed only his trusted betas that he completely trusts, and now he is standing in the dining hall watching everyone fill into the room. His betas were standing around the whole room, watching for any suspicious behavior.

"Quite Now," Cullen stated very loudly so that everyone was able to hear.

"What is going on Cullen," asked Edana, "some of us were enjoying our sleep."

There were some murmurs of agreement that followed quickly after.

"I said SILENCE!" growled Cullen loudly. Everyone in the room shut up quickly, some even baring their necks in apology and to show respect for the Alpha.

Cullen looked around the room, staring at all the faces before him. It was hard to think that any one of them could be a traitor. These are the faces that he grew up with—and many faces that he had seen grow into people they are today.

Cullen took a deep breath, "Angel has been taken..."

There was such uproar. So many questions being thrown—many had worried expressions on their faces along with others that had anger clearly written all over their faces with the thought that someone would dare touch the Alpha's mate.

"How do we know that she just didn't run away because she couldn't handle being here," someone shouted.

Once again, there was many who shouted their protests at such a ridiculous thought.

Cullen raised his hands up, silencing everyone once again.

"Listen, we do not know much. Angel must have been taken when she was in the barn, because that's where the intruders scent was detected. As of now, we are all on lock-down. No one is entering or leaving this compound. If I catch anyone disobeying that, they will be locked up immediately and will have to deal with me later for retribution. Now, there is nothing more that I can tell you all, but know we will get her back. And whoever is behind this will be dealt with—but it won't be swiftly. I will make sure their death is long and suffering for daring to touch my Mate!"

Everyone knew they were being dismissed. Many were staying and talking among themselves, while others left back to their quarters.

"Please get my lambie back Cullen," said Glynis. "We can't...I can't lose her. Please...," sobbed Glynis.

Eilis quickly wrapped her arms around Glynis. "Don't worry, he will get her back. We can always count on our Alpha's word," she tried to reassure her.

Cullen stepped down, and came closer to Glynis. "Please I know I can't say to not worry, but believe me when I say that I will get my Angel back."

Both Glynis and Eilis nodded their heads as they walked away together.

Cullen stood there looking at everyone left in the room. He met each of his betas' eyes and with a nod they all left to go back to their office. Knowing there are already guards stationed at any exit, Cullen continued going over his plan with his betas'.

------------------------------------

Ring... Ring... Ring...

"Hello?" answered a deep male voice.

"I see that everything went according to plan."

"Oh very well ma'am. Angel is now in the back."

"That's very good to hear. Now, she is very clever, do not trust anything she says. I do not want you to remove her bindings or the hood over her head. I can't have any of you being recognized—even though I highly doubt it. But just in case her bond is stronger with Cullen than we first thought—I don't want her to be able to describe how any of you look. NOTHING can fail."

"Nothing will Ma'am. I will not allow anyone to come near her unless you or Lysander tells me otherwise."

"Good boy. Do not fail me. I won't be able to come there any time soon, because the 'Oh-so-Great Alpha' decided to put us all on lockdown. So to not draw any suspicion towards me, I cannot leave at the moment. "

With that she hung up the phone, and looked out the window.

"Soon Angel, you will be dealt with. I will take great pleasure in seeing your face expression as soon as you realize it was me all this time. And then to watch you die? Simply amazing...

--------------------------

Note:

So.... Lol. I know many of you want to kill me right now. Sorry for the long wait. Like I said before, I just had no idea how to even begin this chapter—I didn't know where to start or how to stop this chapter and all the fun stuff in between. You have no idea how shocked I am that I wrote this in barely a full day. Again, I know that not too much happened in here, but the storm is building up. I didn't want this chapter to run and run forever—I had to choose a spot to end before the show down started.

BUT, the good news for all of YOU is that since I completed this chapter even before my spring break started—that means, I will be able to write a whole other chapter and hopefully have it posted very soon :) (and when I say very soon, I mean within the week, lol.)

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 296 milliseconds