• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Loving Wives
  • /
  • Untraditional Pt. 02

Untraditional Pt. 02

1234

Unconventional changes continue.

Here's the second and longest installment. I strongly recommend you read part 1 before going any further. I'm submitting these two days apart so there isn't too long a wait. This is the longest chapter, FYI.

Relax; it's just a story, people.

At least I could smell coffee and... was that bacon? Never being one to let a hangover slow me down, I kicked my legs over the edge and went to stand. Immediately, I sat back down. The room was spinning. I wondered how I got to bed. Mel had to have helped me, I was in only my underwear.

I gave it another go, pushing myself to the bathroom. A little cold water would do the trick but, man, was I disoriented. The toilet, the sink, lean against the counter for a while, check.

Wandering into the kitchen area, in my boxers, and expecting to find Mel, I was shocked to see Moana busy at the stove. She turned toward me, finding an embarrassed half-naked man staring back.

"Rob, you're awake," she casually said. "Breakfast is almost ready."

"I'll... be right back," I stuttered. Walking back down the hall, I lost my balance again and bounced off the wall. Moana was there in a flash.

"Oh, Rob," she studied my face. "You don't look well. Why don't you lie back down? I'll bring you some coffee."

That sounded best. Laying back in the bed, I asked, "Where's Mel?"

"Oh, she's just gone out," Moana gave me a strange look but I thought nothing of it. As my head hit the pillow, my eyes closed, and the spinning stopped. I was back to sleep in seconds.

An hour later, I was awake again and still feeling like shit but I needed to get up and get moving. This time, I put on some pants before venturing out of the bedroom. Moana was still there which I found odd, sitting at the little dinette in the kitchen. I didn't see Mel either, and that seemed even odder. Aleki sat across from her mother and nodded at me passively.

"Good morning, number two," Moana smiled weakly. The hairs on the back of my neck were on end once again.

"Mel's not back yet?" I asked as I took a seat. Moana was already up and pouring my coffee.

"Have some coffee, Rob," she said seriously. "I'll reheat your eggs and ham and we'll talk."

Then I was really on edge. "Where is she, Moana?" I sternly asked.

"Patience," she replied. "You still don't look well." I was starting to feel sick.

Aleki put the plate in front of me and took her seat on my left still across from her mother. "Eat," she said. "We have much to discuss." I didn't want to play her game but I needed something in my stomach and she didn't wear the look of something catastrophic having occurred.

After a few bites and a few swigs, I set my fork down and looked her in the eye.

"She's gone, Rob," Moana stated without remorse. "Since last night as the celebration dictates." The woman paused, letting it sink in and my worst fears were realized.

"She left for the mountain-dwelling with Puko," she stated matter-of-factly.

I understood the implications. It was like my brain was protecting the rest of me, by not catching up.

"Following our customs, Mele and Puko will be together, alone for six days. No one is to disturb them. Their mana will be joined forever."

"Like hell, they will," I growled. "Tell me where the fuck my wife is, right now!"

Moana looked at Aleki. "Please return home." She ordered. When Aleki was out the door, Moana turned and stared at me. "I will explain this," she stated, sitting up taller in her chair.

"I will provide you with writings of your own culture so you can familiarize yourself with what Westerners observed when they arrived here," she took a breath. "I suggest you spend the time studying them."

"Fuck that, I don't care what others have done, only my wife!" I yelled at her. "If you think I'm going to sit here like a school kid and accept it, you're wrong. Last chance. Tell me where she is. The island isn't big enough that I won't find her and that bastard. Tell me now, so I can stop this... defiling."

"That would be unwise," she warned. "Some of our best-trained fighters are standing guard along the mountain path for all six days. They aren't there to keep you away, they are there to keep everyone away. It's imperative to the ritual."

"Great," was my well-thought-out response.

Moana looked at me for the first time with pity and she was off put. "If your cultural beliefs maintain that your wife has somehow become tainted, well, you are too late. Last night, Puko would have taken her, much strong; like animal, again according to our traditions. They consummated in such a manner as a gift to the gods, specifically Tane and the great first chief, Kane. Later, they may have laid together in a more friendly and sensual way to give praise and thanks for their mana."

I didn't even get to the end of her rant before running out the front door and vomiting.

Moana came out and handed me a cool wet cloth. As strong a woman as she was, she also looked afraid. It took me a minute to get myself under control.

"Why wouldn't she tell me? How could she?" I could barely speak as I wiped my face.

"Because of your cultural background," she answered without hesitation. "You would have interfered or tried to, as you have said. You feel ill today because we used a potion that the entire Polynesian island community has used for over a thousand years. Almost always, the women's mates take it willingly. They know what will happen and the drink ensures they will not offend the gods with their own weakness, their own jealousy."

It just kept getting worse. Here was Mel's mother, being burdened to evoke the worst day of my life, and doing it so calmly, so normally, as if we were talking about what a beautiful day it was.

"I can't believe you," I told her. "I won't believe or at least... accept it. Why are you here? Did you draw the short straw?" I could tell by her face she didn't comprehend my Western reference. This was hopeless.

I went back in and poured myself a glass of water, drank it, and poured another, then fell into my chair. Thinking about Mel fucking my childhood friend dredged up new emotions. That my gut reaction days ago was dead on and I'd suppressed them. Moana studied my face, patiently watching the emotions play across it.

"I know this must be hard for you," I wondered if she'd get my reference if I told her that was the understatement of a lifetime. "I always knew it would be and I told my daughter so."

"And yet she did it anyway," I interjected.

"Yes," she seemed perplexed. "I liken it to two people outside your Western culture falling in love, then being joined by your version of marriage, even though it goes against everything they were taught. Maybe, they even go through with the ceremony and try to hold true to it, all the while having no real comprehension of what they're doing.

"You see, Rob," she continued, "you aren't losing the love and caring - the mana - you share with Mele. What you're battling with is cultural differences. It's not your heart, but your head that hurts from the shock."

"That may be, Moana," I spoke up. "But we made promises in that culture. It seems to me she should have at least explained that it was in total conflict with her customs here. In fact, her greatest failure was concealing it from me. It's trickery and lying by omission. Those are her crimes. I mean why in hell did she marry me in the first place knowing this?"

For the first time, the strong woman before me looked down and... what was that? Guilt?

"She stole my ability to challenge her by conspiring with all of you to shut me out. To drug me to sleep so that I'm now the laughingstock of the village." Then I gave her time to reflect.

She was sharp, she didn't fully understand my Western references again, but she did grasp its implications.

"That's what I mean, Rob," she got on her soap box again. "Our customs are so very different as to appear an impassable chasm. Putting you to sleep, as one example, is a sign of love and great caring, not trickery as you put it. You have a strong mana with Mele, everyone in the village sees that and respects it. Putting you to sleep was the opposite of disrespect to us. We don't see this custom ritual as taking your wife away from you. We respect the strong mana between you, so the rest was meant to pause that mana - put any negative thoughts or mana to sleep, so the reconnection between Mele and Puko - their mana - could happen."

"It all sounds very convenient, Moana," I was getting tired of her stupid excuses. "Why not just leave the clueless husband back in Boston?"

She was thoughtful as she spoke. "That was an option I brought up with her before she decided to bring you. My daughter is young. She's smitten by her love for you and conflicted by her duty to our customs. I was sure it would have been better for her not to subject you to this. It's a burden outsiders should probably never have to face."

She changed direction. "Believe me, the people here respect our traditions but they respect you and yours as well. I can see your way of thinking; can you at least consider ours? Leaving you at your home was my idea, but Mele said no. She wanted to be as honest with you as possible. I told her you would likely see things much differently."

"Seeing my way of thinking is a helluva lot different than me accepting yours. I don't know," I was honest. "If I had to decide right now, it would be a resounding 'no.'

"I'm hoping this will help," she went on. "And that you'll see for yourself what I'm saying as you venture out into the village. Well before you arrived, our entire community was made aware of your Western culture, your customs, and your marriage ritual. Mele insisted on it. You'll find no one on this side of the island who would disrespect you or look at you with pity. In fact, they see you as a strong, brave man - going against your own beliefs to help Mele fulfill hers. You'll be treated as - how do you say - a folk hero. You're adding to the collective mana. Only you acting as the injured party could change their minds about that. They wish to celebrate the solstice with you."

If she felt that way, then the strong woman of wisdom that I'd admired, was a silly old fool. I wasn't planning on calling her out on that, or any retaliation just yet. I was a guest on their island, with no easy way off. So, I'd have to grieve in private and play the game until Mel returned and I could persuade her I needed to get away.

"So," I had one more question and something to leave her with. "I'm supposed to enjoy all that the island has to offer, for six days, and then just pretend with my wife that life is perfect when she finishes - strengthening - her mana with Jon. How is my mana stronger now that my wife has been with another man? Just take her back into my bed when she returns, is that the plan?"

Moana looked stricken. Shit, there was even more. I didn't think I could hold my rage in.

"She will return," she paused, "in six days, Rob. She will stay with you here, as husband and wife. The ritual lasts the entire solstice. That's twenty-eight days, starting this morning."

"No fucking way!" I blew up. "There's no way she's going to continue on with him and sleep here with me! Put a guest room together for her because I don't want her. You are all crazy if you think I'd tolerate that shit."

I had to catch my breath or pass out. I still felt very weak. She sat patiently but far more worried than when we'd started. Stupid indeed.

"You can leave now, Moana," I ordered her.

She stood up, her head high as if she'd done her duty. She came back from the sitting area with five large books and an envelope. My name was written on the front. It wasn't Mel's handwriting.

"These are the books that explain the tradition and the ritual Mele is performing," she took a long breath. "She loves you, not Puko. She's doing this for duty and obligation. Please remember that." With that, she left.

There was no way I'd let this abomination stand. I waited until I saw Moana turn towards her home and when she disappeared out of sight, I headed out.

The mountain path was easy to find. I mean, it was an island, and everything flowed from the high point to the sea on all sides. I was nearly in full sprint as I headed up about a half mile from the village where the path split off in three different directions. I climbed up and then stood on a large rock, trying to get the lay of the land upslope.

The middle path seemed the most logical. Another quarter mile and I knew I'd chosen wisely. There were two 'guards,' was the best I could describe them. Two very large men with spears stood conversing in their grass skirts, looking ridiculous but imposing.

"Ku!" one shouted as they saw me. I was pretty sure they meant 'stop'. I chose to ignore them and kept walking as if to pass them.

Both men immediately took up a defensive stance, blocking the path.

"I need to see my wife," I sternly told them. "Step aside."

They remained but looked at each other, confused. I'd stopped to address them but decided to start walking again.

"You go home," the one on the left barked.

"I won't go," I stated, my volume rising. "Now, move!"

Being within inches by then, the guy on the right shoved me, hard. Even though I felt it coming, I still landed on my ass. The guy was probably two-hundred-fifty pounds, mostly hard, bulky muscle.

I knew I had no chance to beat even one, let alone two of these guys, but I made my decision to try at that point. I wasn't going down without a fight and I'd be happy to wear my battle scars in front of the villagers for as long as I remained there.

I got up on one knee, pretending I'd been injured, then suddenly charged the guy who'd pushed me. He was more than ready, grabbing my shoulders and swinging me to the ground again. I landed at the feet of the other guy.

"Go home!" the observer looked down and ordered me more forcefully. I leapt straight up like a rocket, my fist connecting with his chin. His head went in the direction of the blow and he took one step backward due to the momentum, but that was it.

He threw the spear to one side and came at me. I was in trouble. I put my hands up instinctively, as he stepped in but I was a bit too late. Employing the same one-two punch I'd witnessed Jon use dozens of times on our old schoolyard, I staggered back. Even though my face hurt, I got the impression the man pulled his punches.

I was sitting on my ass, ready to get up and counter, but the other man had me by the shoulders, his hands full of my shirt, pulling me to my feet. I felt the air leave my lungs as he belted me in the midsection and I doubled over. Both men then walked me about twenty yards back the way I came.

"Go home," the second man said, a mix of pity and empathy.

Back at the house, I tended to my busted lip and the pain in my cheek. That was going to leave a nasty bruise. It was the best I could hope for under the circumstances. If they'd broken a rib or two; and smashed my face a bit more, I may have possibly gained some sympathy, hell empathy, from the other men this happened to. Time for a shower.

The water was calming and I needed to think. I felt like a guy who just walked away from a bad accident or train wreck and not necessarily from the fight. I forced myself to relax.

Feeling a little better, at least no longer dizzy, I went to the kitchen and ate the leftover breakfast food. Then I remembered that Mel and I had kept two bottles of strawberry wine and only drank one before we got into the sexual Olympics. Knowing that had been our last, made me very sad. The bottle was there on the wooden floor, next to the nightstand. Screw the glass.

I sat in the front room on the well-used sofa, off-handedly wondering if this was the house all the cuckolds before me, stayed at. Staring at the books and that note, I decided that the bottle needed to be polished off before I dug into them.

The message was from Jon. My wife didn't even have to guts to say something to me other than to write my name on his note. I would remember how much she loved me for a long time.

Rob,

I'm sorry to put you in this position, old friend. I can only imagine what you must be thinking and going through.

Mele and I are fully aware of the vows you both made and they matter, as much to me as to her. I will take great care of your most prized possession, Rob, because no matter how Western culture slices it, you do possess her, as she equally possesses you by those vows. We all understand that. In that one way, even as our cultures collide, they also run parallel. In our custom, Mele and my spirit possess one another.

I'll do everything humanly possible to maintain your respect and our friendship throughout this time. No, I haven't gone mad. When we return people will expect to see us together, pretty regularly, unfortunately. We will also be expected to copulate. Sorry, I can't think of an easier way to say that. We will not rub your nose in it, Rob. You have my word. On the twenty-eighth day, we will be together one last time as per our mandate. Then, never again.

I know you likely want to kill me right now and I don't blame you. While the three of us understand Western customs, only Mele and I and this village understand OUR culture. Moana and others will explain the mana solstice in detail. What I want you to know is that our decision to consummate this ritual wasn't taken lightly. We knew the risks but we also know that our customs, going back hundreds of years, dictate and mandate that we do this.

After Western intervention in Polynesia, the many islands very survival depended on it. This is a vital part of who we are. I'm counting on you to trust us, to take what I've said into account, and not do anything extreme. I'm asking even though I have no right, in your mind's eye, to listen to the village and let them help you. Know that none of the men view you as you'll be thinking. Many have been exactly where you are now and they take great pride in what they've done for the greater good of the village, their neighbors, and family.

Mele and I will see you in six days.

Jon

As much as I wanted to kill him, the stupid letter did seem sincere. I almost felt sympathy and fell for it. For about two seconds, anyway. I still wanted to kill him.

The books provided more of the same unimportant facts. They were scientific journals scribed by members of the Cook and Marshall expeditions, and then later, by men like Pukai, Haertig, and Sommers.

There was a plethora of observed sex, ritual-based and not. I found myself immersed in the solicitous behavior, and it helped keep me distracted. Some things, I'd observed, just as the original explorers. About one hundred yards from the docks seemed to be a communal bathing area. I'd found it odd that families - fathers, mothers, sisters, and brothers - of all ages disrobed and just walked into the water. They usually conversed in a small circle as people might in a hot tub.

The rituals regarding their gods and their chieftains seemed bizarre but of course, these savages were being observed by Christian cultures.

And that was the rub. Larger islands, like Hawai'i, had become Westernized. Places with hotels, cell towers, and churches, and where the Westerners came to play. Most of Mel's island still spoke in a Hawaiian dialect. Their gods were the same. Some of their customs and rituals had melded with places like Samoa, Tongo, Fiji, and even New Zealand.

I found one of the books contained research on solstice rituals. The Kahuna (Priest) and Kapanu (council of elders) had begun the tradition. It was described in the journal exactly as it had been explained to me - to improve and protect individual and Aina (homeland) mana. I felt better thinking about going out in public until I could get off the island. The men who'd been put in my shoes over millennia were all quite proud. I found it unsettling that these warrior-looking men could be okay with their significant others simply being taken.

1234
  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Loving Wives
  • /
  • Untraditional Pt. 02

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 11 milliseconds