Whispers of the Moon Ch. 03

Shaking her head trying to clear her thoughts, Skyler couldn't keep the blush from spreading through her cheeks and chest as she felt the clear sign of her arousal. For some reason when she looked at Carson and saw his nostrils flaring slightly, she felt as though the musky smell of her arousal was so strong that she feared that anyone who entered the room would know.

Skyler saw him watching her, his nostrils flaring like an animal scenting the air. Skyler felt the heat in her cheeks intensify. She turned away, ashamed of her body's response to Carson. When their lips met it was like someone had touched a live wire to her skin, she was covered in goose bumps. His smell was slightly musky and wholly, male; it was more intoxicating than even the most expensive cologne she had ever smelled. She couldn't stop from leaning forward to be closer to the scent and warmth radiating from Carson's body. Carson leaned in and took gentle possession of Skyler's lips, barely able to contain his wolf, compromising that no matter what one day soon they would both claim Skyler as their own. Feeling her shifting and moving closer Carson couldn't stop himself from reaching out and pulling her head in closer, his thumb gently massaging the nape of her neck feeling her hair tickle the back of his hand.

Carson pulled away panting. What the hell am I doing? She's just a human... Carson pulled away looking into her eyes, repeating to himself in a weak mantra she's just a human...she's just a human...she's just a human. But there was a nagging voice in the back of his mind that kept telling him to claim her; that she was his, human or not. He couldn't stop himself from leaning forward and claiming her lips once again in a kiss that was hot and demanding.

Skyler felt his hands on the back of her neck pulling her in closer and kissing her more thoroughly. She felt as though she couldn't control herself. Leaning forward, unmindful of her broken ribs, she wrapped her arms around Carson's neck and crawled into his lap only to moan in pain when his arms came around her chest. Hearing her moan, Carson quickly unwrapped his arms from around her chest and gently pushed her back down so that she was lying down.

"Oh my god Skyler, I'm so sorry. Here I am preaching about helping you and instead I start mauling you like some wild animal. I'll let you rest and make sure no one bothers you, I'll go get Gabe to look you over and make sure I didn't re-injure you then I'll leave. Let you rest."

Leaving the room Carson couldn't help but curse himself, he had very nearly lost control like a pup. His wolf howled in protest trying to force the change; it wanted nothing more than to go back into the room and claim her as his own, injuries or not. The minute he had found out that Skyler got the drop on Cable, Carson knew that something was up. She couldn't be a normal human if she had managed to best him even for a second, and her injuries severe as they were didn't seem to stop her from moving around despite the pain. She was either more than she seemed or extremely stubborn.

Watching Carson leave without saying anything was one of the hardest things Skyler had ever done. Biting her tongue to keep from begging him not to leave. As confusing as it was, for some reason she felt that if she lost him she would lose her connection to the world.

********************

Gabe was still reeling from the shock of having seen Cable with a knife held to his throat by a woman who shouldn't even be able to walk without assistance.

"How in the hell did she manage to get the drop on you Cable? I mean, most of the women here, not to mention the men, can't sneak up on you. So how the hell did a human manage to get the drop on you?"

"I dunno Gabe, she looked like a human to me. Maybe I'm just tired."

All the while Cable's eyes followed Jessie down the hall. Turning completely away from Gabe, Cable's attention was now centered solely on Jessie. Not fully hearing what Gabe was saying Cable started walking down the hall, hoping to corner Jessie for a few minutes, only to be interrupted by the crashing of Carson's door against the wall.

"Can you take a look at her injuries and make sure she's ok." Carson turned to look at Cable "We have things we need to get done."

"Sure, whatever you say boss," replied Cable, trailing down the hall after him."

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 386 milliseconds