Wild Flower Ch. 18

That wasn't gonna happen. Miguel had tolerated that foolishness for so long but not anymore. He looked into Darren's face and snarled. "Let me go right now if you don't wanna lose your job."

Darren couldn't believe what he was hearing. The little boy actually had guts to threaten him. It was hilarious but he wasn't gonna settle for that at all. "I think I am a big shot..." he chuckled and then got serious. "...you are the prime suspect in the murder of Mr. Palmer and..." He paused and got closer to Miguel, staring at him like the murderer that he was. "...if you know what's good for your age, I suggest you shut up." He yelled in his face.

"You are gonna regret this, Darren or whatever you call yourself." He yelled, pointing at them. "All of you are gonna lose your little jobs. Let me go or you will suffer the consequences."

"Don't let him go." Darren said to the policemen. "If you are actually afraid of this..." He looked at Miguel in disgust. "...boy then..."

"You definitely don't know what you are doing." He chuckled bitterly, shaking.

"I don't care what you are or what connections you have." He chuckled bitterly, looking at the police. "Get him into the car and drag him to the station."

The policemen looked at each other and just stood still. They knew who La don was and they definitely didn't want to lose their jobs. When Darren saw this, he got really surprised. He couldn't believe he was ordering the men and they weren't listening to him. He was really mad.

"Didn't you hear what I had just said?" he yelled. "Take this little boy out of here."

Miguel chuckled as an evil grin appeared on his face. He loved the surprised expression on Darren's face. No one messed with him and got away with it.

"I am not going anywhere." Miguel snarled. "You can do whatever you want but I am not going anywhere."

Before Darren even had the chance to answer Miguel, a beautiful car arrived and Brandon got out. He was mad and he quickly rushed to Miguel and saw just what they were doing to him. He was really mad. He went to the policemen and looked at them as if he was dying to slap their ugly faces. How could they handcuff Miguel?

"Let him go or you might be the ones ending up in prison." Brandon said in a threatening voice, scaring the men.

"What?" Darren had never been so surprised in his life before. He was confused as hell and he had no idea what the hell was going on. "What sough of system is this?"

Ignoring Darren's question, Brandon moved closer to the men. "I ain't gonna repeat myself again. If you men know what's good for you then release him this instant."

The men looked at each fearfully and quickly started freeing Miguel. Darren looked like a fool in front of Miguel. He had no idea what was going on. He watched and wondered just how powerful Miguel was that the men he was with were even afraid. He took a deep breath and moved closer to him.

"I am a great detective back in Sumitria." He said with seriousness in his voice. "I know how this works." He moved his eyes to Brandon who seemed to be in rage. "This man needs to go to make a statement at the police station."

Brandon groaned and then took out his phone. "You don't have to worry about that." He chuckled bitterly, dying to kill the stupid bastard for what he did to his Miguel. "I will just give the police chief a call."

Brandon dialed the police chief's number and went at a distance to make the call. Darren's eyes widened as he tried to understand what the hell was going on. He had never seen anything like it. He wondered how those two even knew the police chief.

Miguel chuckled as an evil grin appeared on his face. "I don't know where the heck you came from but you don't have any proof to detain me."

"I and some of the others saw you when Pablo was falling. That is enough evidence."

"That doesn't automatically make me the killer." He said as he got serious. "You brag about being a very good detective then I suggest you go back into the building and find the real killer and while you are at it, leave me alone."

Brandon came back with a smile. "It is done."

Miguel gave Darren an evil grin and he definitely got the hint. He couldn't believe that had just happened. Darren felt embarrassed and really foolish. He couldn't just believe that had just happened. He just stood there like a statue.

Miguel nodded and started heading back to the construction site but before he did, Brandon gripped his arm and pulled him back. He couldn't believe Miguel was actually thinking of going back inside to speak to Christian. It hurt him.

"What are you doing?" Brandon asked, pulling Miguel closer to him.

"I need to talk to Christian." Miguel said with a sigh. "I need to explain to him what had happened and..."

"No!" Brandon shook his head, feeling really terrible. "Christian isn't in his right state to listen to anything that you have to say. We need to get out of here."

"You are not getting out of here." Darren blocked them both. "Let me call the police chief to see what he has to say about this."

Darren took out his phone and dialed the police chief's number. It wasn't long before it started ringing and he picked up.

"Yes!"

"Sir, it's Darren here, I just wanted to ask about..."

"If you wanted to ask about Miguel then I suggest you let him go." The chief instructed, surprising Darren to the core.

"But sir, I was..."

"He will make his statement when he is feeling better." He sounded really serious. "Let him go right now."

"Yes, sir..."

Darren cut the call and just stood there looking like an embarrassed cop. He was wondering just what made the chief to stop him from arresting Miguel. He had never been in that situation before. It was really bad.

"Let's go." Brandon said softly.

Miguel looked at the construction site and he just wanted to be with Christian and comfort him but maybe Brandon was absolutely right. He just looked away and then followed Brandon to the car.

***

Christian, his mother and the others had arrived at the police station to make a statement. Ruth wasn't feeling well and she didn't stop crying for even a second. She was feeling really weak and her body was in pain. Christian was just getting hurt even more. Even though there were many accusations about Miguel from his mother, Darren, Carter and Marcus, Christian hadn't uttered a word against him.

He was really helpless. Everything had been wonderful, his relationship with Miguel, his relationship with his father but now he was gone. It was really painful to Christian and he looked really pitiful. His eyes were blood red from crying and he was feeling a little weak. But he knew he had to strong for his mother.

Carter was following him behind, literally everywhere he went. He wanted to get the police to talk to them but they weren't paying any attention. Christian was frustrated and not even Darren's presence made a difference to the police. He didn't know what to do. It seemed the police weren't interested in them at all.

***

Miguel was back home and he was feeling really frustrated after what had happened. He was sweating as he remembered exactly what had happened. He was only happy that Brian was there for him like a true brother. Even after he had told him everything, Brian still believed him and gave him an assuring hug. Miguel wasn't crying but he was feeling really mad.

"I can't believe this happened to me." Miguel said hoarsely, clenching his fists. "Now I feel like an idiot and Peter is my only salvation. I need to find him." He looked at Brian and gave a deep sigh. "I don't know who could have done this to me but I am sure that someone sabotaged me."

"I know what you are saying." Brian said softly, rubbing on his shoulder. He could feel Miguel's pain. "I am sure that Peter fled because he was scared."

"You don't know how I felt back there, Brian." He gripped his hair, taking a deep breath. "I wanted to run away but when I saw Christian and Pablo there..." He paused and looked at Brian in fear. "...I was paralyzed. I couldn't just leave him there alone."

"But I am really scared, Miguel." Brian quavered, holding Miguel's hands. He was shaking. "What if the police come here and..."

"I don't give a hoot about those bunch of incompetents." He snapped, furiously dropping his hands. "None of them can place me in prison. I can buy them all off but Brian..." He sounded really worried and the look in his eyes got Brian scared. "...I am really worried about Christian. I saw how he looked at me. All the love he felt for me has probably been converted into resentment. I am really scared."

"You don't have to be, Miguel." Brian cupped his cheeks and smiled at him. "I am sure that he will not hate you."

"But..."

Before Miguel could even finish his sentence, Brian pulled him into a really tight hug. They both hugged tightly. Brian was trying to make him feel better.

Meanwhile, Alejandro who was also at Miguel's house dialed his wife's number. It started ringing and it didn't take her long to answer.

"How's everything going?" Alex said with a smile.

"Everything is just fine."

"Good!" Alex grinned like an evil man. "I want you to clean up the media properly and make sure that no one is talking about Pablo's accident."

"Yes, I will do just that but I am really worried, Alejandro." She gave a gloomy sigh. "What if Christian uses social media as a weapon?"

Alex had faith in his wife and he knew she was gonna handle everything perfectly. He took a deep sigh and just chuckled. "Concern yourself only with making sure that the world sees Miguel as a generous man."

"I will do just that."

Alex smiled in happiness. "I love you and I know you won't fail."

He cut the call and grinned. Nothing was gonna happen to Miguel. He went to Miguel and then he, Brandon, Miguel and Brian started discussing the way forward.

***

Back at the station, Ruth was with her whole gang and no one was tending to them. They were tired and they were teary. They had been crying for a really long time and the issue with the police was just getting on their nerves.

"Where is Miguel?" Ruth asked in a really weak voice. "Why hasn't he been arrested?"

Darren folded his arms on his chest and gave a really deep sigh. "I had thought I had him under my wings but..." He paused and looked at all of them. "...Miguel was let free before I even arrested him."

"What?" Ruth gasped.

All of them couldn't believe it. Miguel was the prime suspect in the murder of Pablo and he just couldn't go scot free without even making a statement. It was really impossible and the police were not doing a good job. Marcus even couldn't believe it. Miguel should have been arrested. What had happened was murder and he had escaped. Christian was also really angry.

"You mean that he hasn't been arrested?" Carter said angrily. "He was the only one that was there. Why hasn't he been brought here?"

"I don't know." Darren snapped. He was so mad with what had happened.

Christian was just quiet but he was dying inside. He wanted to go and confront Christian but he had no idea that he didn't even stand a chance. Miguel was just too powerful. Anyway, carter was there for him and he wasn't gonna leave him alone now that he had the chance.

Anyway, Gabino was the chief of police. He was the one that was supposed to help them with the case but it seemed as if he didn't even care. Gabino was a tall Mexican, handsome police officer with short black hair. He had grey eyes and a tan skin and he was quite corrupt. In fact, Gabino was the same policeman that had wanted Carter to date him.

Seeing him, Christian got really mad and he went to have a confrontation with him. Christian just wanted the police's help but it seemed they weren't even interested in what he was telling them. It got him so mad that he went to confront Gabino.

Carter was also involved in the confrontation for some reason. He was the one even confronting him because of their history together. The confrontation was turning into a war as Gabino was telling them to get out of the station.

Everyone was sure that Miguel was behind everything that had happened at the station. Things were getting worse and no matter what Christian or Carter said no one was paying attention to them. Not even Darren who was a well known detective.

After hours of wasting time, they had no choice but to leave as Gabino threatened to arrest them for threatening a police office. To cut everything short, Carter said his own, Christian said his own and Marcus had no choice but to keep quiet and leave.

It wasn't long before Christian and the rest arrived in the neighborhood and they started crying again. Marcus took Ruth inside the house and Christian remained behind. He wanted to go back to the station but Carter wasn't letting him, telling him that he was dealing with someone really powerful. Of course, we all know what Carter meant by that.

Christian broke down and Carter offered his shoulder and he cried on it. He wrapped his arms around his neck and cried together with him. He was happy Christian was in his arms but one thing he didn't appreciate was that he was really hurting.

***

"I can't believe this had actually happened?" Yvette gasped, shaking her head. "Poor Ruth," She sighed. "I wonder what is gonna happen right now."

"I don't know." Carter slowly rubbed his tears. He wanted to be with Christian but maybe the guy needed to be alone. "I don't even want to think about what is gonna happen to Christian. He is hurt."

Carter was back at his house and he was with his crew plus his mother and Alicia who had been visiting him frequently ever since they met. He had grown to love her and she was a really nice person. He felt they had a great connection which he didn't even understand at all.

"It is that devil's fault." Lawrence said harshly, groaning like an evil man. "He seems young and beautiful but he is el Diablo. I told you that..."

"But how do you know if he actually did it?" Alicia asked. "I mean, I have met with that boy before and he seemed awfully nice. In fact, he made me feel a little better when I saw him at the mansion." She could remember it well although a few months had passed.

"He's just a pretender. He's a sheep in wolf's clothing." Lawrence chuckled bitterly. "I am sure he killed Mr. Pablo because he was against his relationship with Christian. He is just..."

"That's why I told you to stay away from him." Yvette gave a deep sigh, looking at her son. "I told you he might put your life in danger."

"I know that, mother..." He gave a gloomy sigh, rubbing his tears. "...but right now, I don't even know what to say to you. He was being nice but I had no idea that he would do this to Christian."

"That's the reason why I was always uncomfortable around him. "Lawrence said. "He might be younger than all of us but he is really evil. I mean, how can such a young boy be so powerful and influential? He killed a man yet he has not even been arrested yet."

"I am sure there is just a misunderstanding." Alicia had no idea why she was defending La don. She had a deep feeling that there was a huge misunderstanding. "Yes! I accept you saw him there but why would he kill his boyfriend's father?"

"Because he wanted to control him." Lawrence shrugged. "He wanted Christian all to himself and that man isn't even supposed to be his. He just stole him from..."

"Lawrence!" Carter didn't need to tell Lawrence what he wanted. The tone of his voice spoke for him. "Please, not now okay?"

"But I..."

"This is not the time for that." He said with a deep sigh. "As you saw, Christian is not in his right state right now. He is in pain and what he needs right now is support and comfort as he passes through this moment."

Iris on the other hand was really quiet. She didn't want to say anything against Miguel because she didn't know what the truth was. He could have been innocent for all she knew so it was no wonder she kept quiet because she very well knew that it wasn't good accusing someone that was innocent.

The entire neighborhood was in pain as they moaned someone that was like a member of their family. Everyone now knew that Pablo was gone. His body was being examined to find out what exactly had happened. They were just waiting for results. While Carter knew that what he had in mind was wrong, he didn't really want Christian and Miguel to reconcile.

***

2 Days later

"It's fine, Mark." Miguel said softly, coming down the stairs. "You are a great guard and I really appreciate all the information you have been giving me."

"It's fine, don." Mark said in a really deep voice. "It's just my job and I will do anything for you. I will continue torturing him. In fact, those drugs are more than torture."

"I will pass by if I have time today." He instructed. "Just do what you have to do."

"I will boss."

Miguel cut the call and slowly started going downstairs. He was putting on a beautiful black designer's short sleeved shirt which was halfway buttoned, exposing his beautiful chest. He had a black trouser on and brown snickers that made him look really sexy but simple. Miguel had a beautiful green scuff wrapped around his neck.

Miguel's mood had been completely ruined for the last two days. He hadn't been to his office because he just couldn't concentrate on anything. The only thing on his mind was Christian and what he was passing through. He was really worried about him and just wanted to hold him, kiss him and comfort him through the hard times that he was passing through.

Miguel was dying to see Christian but the bad thing was that Brian and the others had told him to stay away from the neighborhood for some time because the people there would want to hurt him. They had pleaded with him and Brian had told him to let things cool down.

Miguel had tried to call Christian but his line was not going through. He had no idea what Christian was thinking about him or what he was going through. He had found out some information about the rapists from Mark. They were a gang called the dragons and actually Miguel wasn't just interested because his mind was definitely bothered.

All of a sudden, Miguel heard a knock on the door and he quickly moved his eyes towards the door. He was sure it was either Brandon or Alejandro that had come to see him.

He took a deep breath and then went to the door. When he eventually opened the door, he got the surprise of his life. His heart immediately started racing... his body trembled... his eyes and mouth widened as a loud gasp escaped his throat. He was definitely surprised and extremely happy with what he had seen.

"Christian!" He smiled brightly, opening the door wider. "My love, please come inside."

Christian stood at the door for a second just staring at Miguel. Seeing Miguel brought so much pain to him. He wanted to cry. His heart was really hurting and he didn't even know how to react. He eventually came inside and slowly walked to the living room.

"My love," Miguel gasped, smiling brightly. "I am really glad that you have come over. You don't know how this makes me feel right now. I hope you are fine."

"Why are you asking me as if you care?" Christian said softly but really harsh.

"What?" Miguel lost the smile on his face. "What are you saying, my love? You know I care about you and your happiness. You know the way I am."

Christian couldn't believe what he was hearing. He was really hurt. His heart was on fire, his body was torturing him and his mind was restless. He was breathing harshly and his eyes were a little red from crying. He was dressed all in black, probably mourning his father.

"Anyway, I want to hear what you have to say concerning the accident." He said in a really cold tone.

Miguel couldn't believe Christian was asking him that question. "I told you everything that I know." He was really hurt by Christian's question. "I didn't even know that Pablo was the building when I went there. I was with Peter and..."

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 19 milliseconds